It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Issues of Little Importance  (Read 25968 times)

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Miscellaneous Issues of Little Importance
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2018, 11:03:18 PM »
Nothing really unusual about that.   

But there is. The level of math tested on the ASVAB and the level of math needed to work in nuclear science are very different. The process for becoming an enlisted "nuke" and an officer are very dissimilar in the navy.

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=79643

"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2018, 11:17:06 PM »
Nothing really unusual about that.  In the 80's and 90's the Navy looked for top academic students in high schools to join their Navy Nuclear School program.  It is a full scholarship to university on the Navy's dime and in-turn you had to promise minimum service (6 years?) as a nuclear officer in submarines and possibly aircraft carriers.  During university you had to join ROTC.

Steve, you're absolutely right but it's best people don't believe me. They feel better that way especially when they debate a person who they believe makes up stories.

Most people who get educated with a background related to nuclear tend to work for a lot more money in the private sector instead of joining the military. With that knowledge, the  military anticipates it will have a shortage of people running their nuclear reactors on subs and carriers. They want to grab kids who stand out early. They also know many will grow up and change their mind and drop out of the program.

Here's another fact that will blow people's minds. The military has ways of motivating people to join. They can motivate a highly desirable recruit to join by making him/her a 4 star General or Admiral on their first day of service.

recruiters are savvy business people, they get promotions/bonuses based on filling their quota of canon fodder, they know from their own experience with angry parents, that not all parents approve of child soldiers, especially when it’s their own children... 
their business relies upon discretion...

Savvy? The military doesn't think so. Let's not make up stories. If it's bad for my reputation, it's bad for yours. When going after highly desirable people, people over the recruiters heads get involved.

But there is. The level of math tested on the ASVAB and the level of math needed to work in nuclear science are very different.

Nobody expect a 15 yo kid to be an expert in anything nuclear. The ASVAB is designed so nobody can get 100%. There are questions on it that aren't taught but if a kid can figure most or all of them out, he has potential to figure most anything out. Idiots didn't design the ASVAB. They designed it to help identify certain people they can use in critical positions in the military.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2018, 12:19:45 AM »
Nobody expect a 15 yo kid to be an expert in anything nuclear. The ASVAB is designed so nobody can get 100%. There are questions on it that aren't taught but if a kid can figure most or all of them out, he has potential to figure most anything out. Idiots didn't design the ASVAB. They designed it to help identify certain people they can use in critical positions in the military.

First, the ASVAB taken at age 15 wouldn't even count for enlistment in the military because you were too young. You would have had to retake it when you were older.

Second, for the military to consider you officer material they would have to look at your GPA, SAT/ACT scores, physical fitness, moral character, etc.

Third, the ASVAB was designed to see if a candidate even qualifies for the military and which particular jobs they have the ability to be trained in. They didn't design it to identify certain people they can use in critical positions.

I didn't perform calculus when I was 3 but after taking a test in high school and finishing high in the top 1% in the nation, the military wrote my parents a letter telling them they want me in their nuke program as an officer.

Unless you can produce this letter, I'm still calling it BS. You are not officer material.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:09:43 AM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline msmob

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2018, 02:53:24 AM »
Reading Silly BillyB's fantasies reminds me that I actually WAS considered Naval Officer material....Royal Navy.

My life could have been so different but I decided to take a sales job on the same salary, plus a car.

To be fair to BillyB I could not produce my letter requesting my presence at Dartmouth, but unless you BdHvA you probably take my word for it)))....

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2018, 05:33:33 AM »
“Steve, you're absolutely right but it's best people don't believe me. They feel better that way especially when they debate a person who they believe makes up stories.”

Billy...Billy...Billy...

does thou also readeth what thou writeth?

the cemetery story was charming, PLEASE stick to stories like that....

but these attempts at self-aggrandizing fables backfire because they are SO clumsy and transparent and composed with a TOTAL lack of knowledge of the subject
and THIS tells us who you REALLY are....

NOW do you understand?

and I’ve SEEN THIS SO MANY TIMES with you, but never called you on it until now

hopefully, I’ve made my point, and there’s no need for me to go on any further over this, or is there?

Steve, please stop handing him rope, he absolutely will hang himself, and it’s NOT pretty to watch, sorry...

msmob

i'm sure you would have looked QUITE dashing in a RN uniform
but you shouldn't have any regrets
to this day, the happiest day of my life EVER
was the first morning when I awoke after I was discharged from the Army
sunlight through the window!  I'm late for reveille!
then the realization I'm no longer in the army
that feeling was 10 times better than sex
in my extended family in the USA, about 50% men served - almost 100% in WWII
in the UK I had one relative in the "territorials" and he didn't stay long
you guys are lucky

Offline msmob

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2018, 06:33:44 AM »
I have no regrets, given I would almost certainly seen action in the Falklands. ..

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2018, 07:01:25 AM »
and on the HMS Sheffield no doubt, tough way to earn a cup of rum

Offline msmob

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2018, 07:51:05 AM »
That or the Ardent, Antelope, Arctic Conveyor, Coventry, Sir Galahad ...((

http://historylists.org/other/list-of-6-british-ships-sunk-during-the-falklands-war.html

STUPID war ... Mrs T's govt sent the wrong signal to the Argentine Junta - who thought Britain wouldn't have the wherewithal to re-take the islands ...

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2018, 08:30:04 AM »
agreed, so many wars are based on simple miscalculation

the tragedy of war has visited many homes in the UK
in my grandfather's attic found many items
letter of condolence from a sister in a field hospital in France, telling of his brother's death
and a death penny (didn't even know what it was when I found it)
my father lost two toes in France and walked with a slight limp
I was lucky, came out of the service intact mentally and physically
however, the worst most frightening nightmare I've ever experienced
was one in which I found myself drafted back into service
I awoke in a state of absolute terror

Offline ML

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2018, 08:46:07 AM »
I have a funny military story also.

I joined Navy as 17 year old enlisted man with 10th grade education (got all my university degrees after the Navy).

In boot camp (basic training) in San Diego we took a lot of exams to see what intelligence and skills we had.  I did pretty good on most of them except for sonar because I can't hear perfectly.

My name showed up on list to attend meeting for potential Navy pilot training.
Yes, I know they are officers and I wasn't, but I presume there would be some sort of college included; or I think enlisted can be helicopter pilots.  Not sure of any of this.

Anyway, by coincidence my glasses were broken so I didn't wear them at first meeting.
And, as a very naive 17 year old, I didn't even really think about fact that not having 20/20 vision would probably disqualify me.

Then a second meeting was called and I attended wearing my new glasses.

The guy in charge looked at me and said:  "WTF are you doing here . . . do you need to wear glasses?"

I said:  "Yes"

He said:  "Get the fock out of here."

Don't know why they didn't see my 'glasses needed' entry in my record and correlate that with their potential pilot list; but sheeeet happens.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 09:15:12 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2018, 09:05:41 AM »
so typical of the military, one only hopes it's even worse for potential enemies
doing basic in san diego would've been my choice even in summer, best weather
I did my basic training in Fort Dix New Jersey beginning in July, yikes!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2018, 09:46:46 AM »
fables backfire because they are SO clumsy and transparent and composed with a TOTAL lack of knowledge of the subject
and THIS tells us who you REALLY are....

Steve, please stop handing him rope, he absolutely will hang himself, and it’s NOT pretty to watch, sorry...

Steve provided the rope, go ahead and hang me since you can easily poke holes in the story. It will be interesting to hear those in the "know" telling us how it works.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 09:51:48 AM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2018, 10:32:29 AM »
billy,
i'm sorry, not my intention to HURT you
but to tell you what I and many others have seen in you here
I can't help but imagine that you do this in person as well
so it might be to your benefit, to ask yourself
(even if you disagree with the specifics)
why others have come to develop this perception of you
criticism can be either constructive or destructive
I have given you criticism, whether it's constructive or not is up to you
and I'm gonna head ya off at the pass to where I think you'll go next
I am one of the most deeply flawed human beings you could ever imagine
if you saw me when I was a teen, you would've laughed at me like EVERYONE else did
but I changed myself, it was HARD and and I had a LOT of help
i am in some ways what's known as an "idiot savant"
I can take no credit for the savant part, it's just a part of my brain that makes pictures in my head
and I have a picture of you billy...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2018, 11:12:31 AM »
not my intention to HURT you

Seriously, please hurt me.  I find it entertaining when people try to prove something that is real isn't real.

For years I put up people here spread rumors that I'm not married to my wife. I truly understand how tabloid magazines and journalism sells. "How can a hot woman love BillyB, and not a guy like me?" some men asked themselves. Can't be true so they spoke out as if they knew the truth about my marriage. I allowed the rumors to continue and one day I decided to hang those posters. I offered them to put a few thousand dollars in escrow to a trusted member here and they are allowed to go to the city I live in with me and check to see if a my marriage certificate is on file. Money goes to the winner. Offer still available if somebody is interested. Some posters left the forum humilated. If they're going great lengths to spread rumors for years, they better be able to put money where their mouth is.

others have come to develop this perception of you

This is the internet. How is what other people think going to affect my life? Did you worry about how people perceived you when you talked about your dating experiences in the FSU? People can either take some info from your story and apply it in their life for success or get mad your rules to dating doesn't match their rules.

I am going to get people to perceive me in a negative light..... again. I'm going to piss people off which may violate terms of service by announcing I will vote for Trump in the next presidential election. Begin the hate and the rumors.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2018, 12:24:33 PM »
“Seriously, please hurt me”

ummm sorry, I'm not into “that”
unless you call me scaring you in the cemetery “hurting you”, I’d TOTALLY do that!

“I will vote for Trump in the next presidential election.”

how? write-in ballot?, but then you’ll just be throwing your vote away, depriving it from whomever the Republican party candidate will be in 2020, it WON’T be Trump!!!

Billy fine, be in denial, I won’t activate my time machine and go back in time to when you were 15 and record the events and play it here

but I KNOW, and you KNOW I KNOW
and that’s good enough for me

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2018, 12:54:07 PM »
Some posters left the forum humilated. If they're going great lengths to spread rumors for years, they better be able to put money where their mouth is.

Nobody left the forum because of you or their perceptions of you.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2018, 03:34:05 PM »
Nobody left the forum because of you or their perceptions of you.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one. You're entitled to yours. Ade and Goodoldboy were a couple of guys that faded away when they couldn't make up anymore stories on me. Negative perceptions did affect those two guys. Doesn't bother me. I'm feel good about myself. That's all that matters. I can imagine the rumors they spread in real life at work and among friends.

I know what you guys were doing. Lots of private message talk full of drama talking behind my back. Every once in awhile I read a new poster blurt out in anger calling me a child molester. It's so nice you guys do your community service educating the newbies who's good and who's bad. You just keep making my time pleasant here.

Even you were making up stories. Underestimating the age of my wife and overestimating my age. Made the age gap wider to increase shock value to new readers when you spoke about it. At one time people predicted I was 50 yo when I met a 14yo girl which later became my wife. I was being called a criminal by new posters who haven't read all my posts because they trusted you for facts. Why would anybody lie to them? After I got married the rumor then turned to I wasn't married and made it all up. You guys made up fake news. I understand why you like it so much when the media does it. I know how Trump feels.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2018, 03:43:42 PM »
"Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one."

quite the philosopher aren't you Billie, was that quote from Nietzsche or Hume?
also you play the victim well...
I wasn't involved in that AT ALL
but totally get what MAY HAVE TRIGGERED PEOPLE
and you do to..

conflating yourself with Donald Trump
is that what you see when you look in the mirror?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2018, 03:48:04 PM »
also you play the victim well...

The rumor is I'm the aggressor. I told people I dated my wife and got married to her and it's my fault people went into a rage, spread rumors and went on the attack.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2018, 03:48:27 PM »
Ade left because he has a daughter and didn't have the time, nor the desire, to post.

GOB left because of Dan.

I used the age you posted here as the age when you contacted your wife.  So if it is inaccurate, that's all based on you.  I used your age based on what you posted.  Based on what you posted,  your wife is now about 26, and you are around 48.

Yes, I am certain every PM here is about you.  Because it's always all about you. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2018, 03:52:04 PM »
billy would appreciate that whatever anger you have please don't direct it at BO
bring it on over here with me
"i'm your huckleberry", if that's really what you want

Offline BillyB

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2018, 04:02:19 PM »
Ade left because he has a daughter and didn't have the time, nor the desire, to post.

GOB left because of Dan.

For some silly reason they had plenty of time to spend on the forum telling everyone I wasn't married and committed a crime. When the party was over, other reasons to leave popped up. That was convenient. I guess I don't get credit for proving they were dumb asses. I actually believe Dan may have pushed out GOB. I can't see Dan approving GOB's behavior which included lifting my photos off this forum.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2018, 04:10:42 PM »
billy, over here billy!!
was there "something" that triggered this response from these people
some kind of stimuli, picture, or something?

because if there was
you were "hoisted by your own petard" (gotta love Shakespeare)

dunno what you were thinking, really...
just like ML gave me the advice of not posting the pictures of my daughters
i'd have told you NOT to post photos like that, because the response was easily predictable

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2018, 04:11:49 PM »
BillyB-

It's too late now, but in hindsight, maybe you should've done what I did. Introduced your engagement to the world and had Tyra Banks interview you on TV along with a board member and a couple of agency owners with their wives (AFA/Face Of Siberia).

Then if that wasn't enough, I invited one or two board members to my wedding. Thus, no one doubted my marriage with the gal I posted about on my T/R.

:P
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2018, 04:19:18 PM »
Neither GOB nor Ade doubted the marriage occurred. GOB considered Billy a pedophile rather than unmarried. Ade was just trolling Billy.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 04:36:17 PM by Boethius »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541397
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701