It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Back up plan?  (Read 17525 times)

Offline ukguy

Back up plan?
« on: March 22, 2005, 11:55:33 AM »
Everyone seems hell bent on telling others to have a back up plan. In what respect? If things don't work out for me surely i can find something to do with my time their even if it means going to the local irish bar and meeting other english speakers. There must be many other single girls there to start chatting to to pass the time away!

Whats your take guys?

Rich

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Back up plan?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 11:59:55 AM »
There must be many other single girls there to start chatting to to pass the time away!

Does "There" mean bars or agency?

Offline ukguy

Back up plan?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 12:07:55 PM »
There meaning anywhere in The city. The Irish bar meaning somewhere to meet other english speakers!! Sorry my grammer should be better.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Back up plan?
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 12:12:41 PM »
What town/city are you going to vidit that you are so sure you would be able to find a bar with english speaking auditory?

Offline ukguy

Back up plan?
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 12:15:48 PM »
Odessa ELen. Now i am not sure. but that is why i used the word surely, in the hope that somebody would agree, if that is not the case then maybe i would need a back up plan. That is why i ask??

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Back up plan?
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 12:16:54 PM »
Actually I think if you complitely failed it'd be better to go back to agency for looking for new girls. After all they may offer you variants who at least consider a possability of relationships with foriegn man. Otherwise you'll most probably end in company of street/bar's hooker:?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 12:17:00 PM by Elen »

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Back up plan?
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 12:20:54 PM »
When I was in Kiev last month and the girl I was to meet was ill, I went to an agency and got a date with a wonderful girl and had a great time with her!  She was 27, blond, beautiful, smart, and passionate!

So that became my back up plan and it can become yours, too.  You can PM me for agency name and info....it was one of the ones recommended on this site.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline ukguy

Back up plan?
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 12:42:36 PM »
Elen i'm not going over there just for sex!! I think i can tell a hooker when i see one. I posted the thread because so many people advise on a back up plan but dont elaborate on it. So my thinking was if it doesn't work out, there must be something else to keep you entertained!! It will be my first time to the fsu and i am fairly young to some of these guys here(sorry!) so i don't have all the experience as others do. That is why i am here. To get advise not to be slated for everything i ask here!!!

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Back up plan?
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 12:52:15 PM »
Elen i'm not going over there just for sex!! I think i can tell a hooker when i see one

I'm not "suspect" you in sex-tourism I'm about girls in bars. Who do you think the majority "single" girls there?

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Back up plan?
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 12:54:06 PM »
ukguy, the Irish Pub on Deribaska will have a high percentage of English speakers. And their are beautiful ladies there as well who are not hookers. In fact one of the guys with us in September met a lady at the Irish Pub and the two are now quite serious about each other.

ukguy you can go without a back-up plan if you would like, but I ask why?  Why not have a back-up plan? Why not have the names and phone numbers of some 2 or 3 other ladies you can call if you see the relationship with the one lady you are coming to see going south?

If everything is fine you never call your back-ups but if you need to call them it certainlly is good not having that 1 or 2 days of down time in trying to fine some other prospects you may like from one of the agencies.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
Back up plan?
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 01:02:03 PM »
I think i can tell a hooker when i see one

We would be glad to hire you. We sooo need such professionals a a job where I work;)

(no personal just kidding)

Offline acrzybear

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Back up plan?
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 01:21:41 PM »
UKGuy 

I went to Odessa last year with the intent of doing two things, one was to meet a lady I had been writing to for about one year and the other was to enjoy myself on vacation- I accomplished both with no problem. 

There was a period of about four days when things were questionable (mainly due to the agency, not the lady) but there is so much to do and see when one is in a foriegn country that has so many historical places to visit.  I think having a back up plan and such has alot to do with the type of person, if you are adventurous and like discovering things on your own or if you prefer the comfort of being in a group and like every second planned out.  I met people from the UK, Canada, Iceland and of course the United States at the Irish Pub.

For myself my attitude was that I'm going to a FSU country where I don't read or write the language and  was going to see certain things and just enjoy myself, I had no intention of going there with the sole purpose of  meeting a wife but to see the country first hand.

Just my 1 1/2 cents worth (inflation, ya know the USD is not as strong as it used to be) 
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline Leslie

• Opted-Out
Back up plan?
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 02:02:37 PM »
Hi,

Well I have read your posts and you have been given some good advice.  Until you meet you don't know if there is chemistry.  My first trip to Russia back in 1999 was to see just one woman.  You know we exchanged lots of great letters (She was a teacher and spoke good English) We had great conversations on the telephone.  I spent $3000+ to go and meet her ( I was living in New York at that time)  We met for dinner and within an hour we both knew our relationship was going nowhere.  Negative Chemistry!

The only back up plan I had was the telephone number of a local dating agency.  Sure I met several other woman and had a reasonable vacation, but that trip WAS a real waste of money because I had a very niave attitude and was not able to pick myself up after plan A folded.

Odessa is a great place to visit in summer.  Lots of tourists.  There are direct flights from UK.   My only advice is to get this trip organized.  Listen to Jack is is a very experienced agency owner.  He is also a nice guy.  Have a realistic attitude. 

Good Luck

Offline Bruno

Back up plan?
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 07:16:33 AM »
Irish / English ... cafe / bar / restaurant... in Odessa

* Greenwich cafe / near center / Bunina 21, just up the hill from the philharmonic theater, you cannot miss him, you have the typical red phone cabin from UK near the main door / phone : 34-74-01, fax : 24-22-58 / 11 am - 1 am / MC & Visa / Menu in English / Food : 45 hryvna appetizers - 45 hryvna salads - 60 hryvna main course

* Irish Pub, Mick O'Neil's / near center / Deribasovskaya 13 / phone : 26-84-37 / open 24/24 / Despite the newly built glass faГade, the Irish Bar, as it is locally known, boasts a traditional pub interior. The dark wood-paneled walls are lined with Guiness and Obolon advertisements, there's a wide-screen television viewable from the balcony and the bar below, a prominently placed billiards table, a juke-box blaring the latest pop hits during the day, and a live band jamming under the staircase during the evenings. Though the atmosphere appears traditionally Irish, a recent Irish World Cup match, though broadcast live, was a disappointingly quiet affair. As for the food, an encyclopedic menu offers everything from chicken curry to corn on the cob to fish 'n chips. While most of the main dishes are expensive, the hamburgers and sandwiches are authentic and, at 14-19 hryven, very affordable. At the Irish Pub, even the domestic beers are more expensive than usual, but it does offer the widest selection of beer and beverage imports. The Irish Bar offers coupons for free admission to the club Amsterdam on the night of your meal.

And now, the best for you... a list of Irish pub in ArmeniaAzerbaijanBelarus, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Georgia, GreeceMacedonia, Moldova, Romania, Russia, Turkey , Ukraine... at http://www.europeanirish.com/PubsShops/EastEIrishPubs.htm ... for other place in the world, click the part of world in the top of page...

Offline Albert

Back up plan?
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 08:48:05 AM »
Well, you must ask yourself just what you want to accomplish during your limited vacation days and limited money you have available.  Are you interested in spending these scarce resources in the company of females with whom you already have a history with (from prior correspondence), or do you want to spend your scarce resources roaming around as a tourist?

If you want to be a tourist, then perhaps there are other places in the world that are more interesting.

But if you like women, then why not have a plan that assures that you will have friendly women whom you already have a relationship with you constantly.

So, you just must decide on what you really want.

Me, I want to be with women all the time when I am traveling.  I don't want to be spending scarce time trying to round them up at bars and at agencies.  I want them already available at their phones.

So I always go on WMVM trips and I always have many on backup for the inevitable failures to connect, etc.

What do you really want to do?

Offline in_phoenix

Back up plan?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 03:14:54 PM »
Quote from: albert
Well, you must ask yourself just what you want to accomplish during your limited vacation days and limited money you have available.  Are you interested in spending these scarce resources in the company of females with whom you already have a history with (from prior correspondence), or do you want to spend your scarce resources roaming around as a tourist?

If you want to be a tourist, then perhaps there are other places in the world that are more interesting.

But if you like women, then why not have a plan that assures that you will have friendly women whom you already have a relationship with you constantly.

So, you just must decide on what you really want.

Me, I want to be with women all the time when I am traveling.  I don't want to be spending scarce time trying to round them up at bars and at agencies.  I want them already available at their phones.

So I always go on WMVM trips and I always have many on backup for the inevitable failures to connect, etc.

What do you really want to do?

I don't know if I believe this way of approaching the dating situation.  I understand what you saying about spending the money but to some people it is not about the money or getting the biggest bang for the buck.  This method is also called the shot gun approach.  Now you are basically talking that any one of them will do, just hook me up with someone.  If that is the case then why don't you just call a pimp.

My intentions are honest.  Write to them make a selection and go see that one particular girl.  If it is a bust then chalk it up to an experience.  I'm a person of feelings, if I go see a girl then I want her to know that I came to see her because I was interested in her, not that oh my date fell through so your next.  Yeah, good back up plan for you but how would the other person feel knowing that they are second string.  Kind or weird to say, oh by the way since I happened to be in your neighbor hood while I was taking my 4000 mile detour for ice cream.....

So you talk about going on a lot of these multiple woman trips.  So obviously your method is not working either.  I'm sure your having a good time but are you really in closer in finding the girl of your dreams.  Or are you over there wasting time and money on women with little interest in you.

Offline deden

• Trips: None (yet)
Back up plan?
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2005, 07:27:14 PM »
My intentions are honest.  Write to them make a selection and go see that one particular girl.  If it is a bust then chalk it up to an experience.  I'm a person of feelings, if I go see a girl then I want her to know that I came to see her because I was interested in her, not that oh my date fell through so your next.  Yeah, good back up plan for you but how would the other person feel knowing that they are second string.  Kind or weird to say, oh by the way since I happened to be in your neighbor hood while I was taking my 4000 mile detour for ice cream.....

Truly, if you narrow it down to only one that you will see when you visit, that's certainly ONE way of doing it.  Believe it or not, she could be writing to someone besides you (and who could get there two days before you).  How do you know, because she says she isn't?  What if you get there and she doesn't meet your expectations (what ever they may be) or you hers?  Maybe the chemistry isn't there.  And this is your first day in the country with maybe 9 or 13 or more days to go.  And you don't think that hasn't happened before?  Sure, there's a good chance it won't happen, but if it does why not have a list of agencies, or other women that you have corresponded with to meet since you are already there.

Why, well for one thing, even if the women wasn't your #1 pick you could learn alot about RWs spending some time with one, or two or three.  While your primary reason for the trip is to see that special "one", if doesn't workout your secondary reason for the trip should have something to do with learning as much about these women as you can first hand (and I'm not talking about sex).  That knowledge and experience is going to do you a whole lot more good in your pursuit than seeing the statue of the three brothers that founded Kiev, or the nice flowers in the botanical gardens, or a bunch of mummified monks down a narrow cavern!  Another reason is that finding the right women is only a small part of the equation.  Understanding them, their expectations of men and their culture is a whole different issue.  So why not make the most of your trip.  You can always read about the three brothers who founded Kiev when you get back to the states :)  And quite frankly, I'd rather be talking to an RW about how I went 4000 miles out of the way to buy an ice cream than snapping photos.

Have a back up plan what ever it is that will help you in your pursuit, thats my 2.5 kopecks worth.

Offline Todd

Back up plan?
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 08:07:55 PM »
I like to think in terms of and rather than or.  For me, I would rather not spend time in a pub on vacation...even if it is a dating vacation.  After all, there are plenty of Irish pubs in Boston.  Rather, having a back up agency ensures that you can have company to see those mummified monks or pretty flowers.  

Finally, while you might be able to detect hookers, can you detect scammers at a bar?  "Hitting it off" could lead to a set up later on in the evening.

Thus, while I went to Minsk without a back up plan, I certainly knew there were dating agencies in Minsk if the situation called for it, and I knew that Kate would help me get things set up if things didn't go right.  

Best of luck...

Todd

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Back up plan?
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2021, 01:09:42 PM »

I'm not "suspect" you in sex-tourism I'm about girls in bars. Who do you think the majority "single" girls there?

The best place to find a wife is not a bar. A bar is a great place to find
drunks and bar flies.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Back up plan?
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2021, 01:15:36 PM »
I have been out of the wife hunting market for years and
the current guys can tell us about best practices if you
should go to the FSU and things don't work out.

Unfortunately, I've found myself in the FSU when things didn't
work out with the girl I originally came to see. I went on local
Russian language dating sites and social media sites and started
asking girls out for a date.

That's how I met my Angel Eyes.

FSUW don't do vague

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Back up plan?
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2021, 04:42:55 PM »
The best place to find a wife is not a bar. A bar is a great place to find
drunks and bar flies.

You know it's taken you 16 years to reply back to this member Bill, hopefully they are still going lol.

I'm guessing you miss some of the old members when you were in deep with you're search in this.

I tried seeing if there was any nice waitresses while I was in Odessa a few years back (on my way to Nikoleav) there was the odd one or two that weren't bad so sat down & had a meal. It's kind of the age old thing though that when you are looking around for a girl they can be hard to find but when you're not purposely looking they crop up seemingly out of nowhere and catch you unawares.

What was your strategy with social media? Did you try to really get to know some girls before going or just message those that looked nice enough?

The OP in this thread asks a question a recent newbie has, well similar. From what I have learnt it can be difficult to action ideas you get before going such as PUA as often it can be difficult to find situations that lend themselves to it, by which I mean few people spend their day daddling around waiting for a guy to crack onto them. Even in bars people can be involved in groups or banging away loudly in their language. So what I guess I am trying to say is that once there in the FSU the idea that sounded good sat at home often can be very difficult to action in the situation, possibly moreso for newbies. So having a definite date to go to there isn't a bad idea to start with I guess.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Back up plan?
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2021, 06:18:47 PM »
What was your strategy with social media? Did you try to really get to know some
girls before going or just message those that looked nice enough?

Moby isn't here to terrorize the thread (and he would have).

If you don't know then you haven't been reading my posts.
Go to this thread and read every one of both Mine and ML's posts
because you've obviously not been paying attention and you should.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 06:22:17 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2021, 06:12:40 PM »
Moby isn't here to terrorize the thread (and he would have).

If you don't know then you haven't been reading my posts.
Go to this thread and read every one of both Mine and ML's posts
because you've obviously not been paying attention and you should.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

Yeah I read that thread way back, I don't have time to go over it all. I remember though helping to clear up ML's meet many strategy as the ins & outs were not clearly explained in detail enough. Exact execution is imperative with that strategy I think. I've got it sorted on how to do it now and was hoping to do it this year but with the virus thing still banging on who knows.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2021, 03:17:47 PM »
Yeah I read that thread way back, I don't have time to go over it all.

This is where I would typically call you an idiot but
I am trying to do that less often. Your refusal to learn something this important is why
you will still be working on your remodel next year at
this time. You will still be working out at the gym once per
week, and you will will know less than 20 words of Russian.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 03:34:53 PM by AnonMod »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Donna_Pedro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 08:49:45 PM »
Everyone seems hell bent on telling others to have a back up plan. In what respect? If things don't work out for me surely i can find something to do with my time their even if it means going to the local irish bar and meeting other english speakers. There must be many other single girls there to start chatting to to pass the time away!

Whats your take guys?

Rich

Lucky you. You have got a back up kind of plan. :clapping:
Kaplah!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats