It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1086286 times)

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1725 on: January 15, 2015, 10:07:02 PM »
Sounds like loser talk . . .

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1726 on: January 15, 2015, 10:13:29 PM »
Let OPEC know will ya!!   They have the wrong price!!

...and you think Russia is a part of OPEC.... :ROFL: .....you really should get your facts straightened out...whatever silly price you are quoting is not relevant...oil is indeed above 46 (for the moment)...not at 41 like you continue to ignorantly insist.   :rolleyes:   When it gets there you can gloat...but for now you are wrong and dreaming (as usual). 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1727 on: January 15, 2015, 10:18:02 PM »

...and you think Russia is a part of OPEC.... :ROFL: .....you really should get your facts straightened out...whatever silly price you are quoting is not relevant...oil is indeed above 46 (for the moment)...not at 41 like you continue to ignorantly insist.   :rolleyes:   When it gets there you can gloat...but for now you are wrong and dreaming (as usual). 

Fathertime!   
Not hard--read the chart-even you should manage.
Of course--how silly of me not to realise that it is Russia that sets the agenda on oil price!!  You better let OPEC know that too!!

Does lead me to wonder how the price is so low that it is killing Russia!! :cluebat:
finis
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1728 on: January 15, 2015, 10:26:39 PM »
Not hard--read the chart-even you should manage.
Of course--how silly of me not to realise that it is Russia that sets the agenda on oil price!!  You better let OPEC know that too!!

Does lead me to wonder how the price is so low that it is killing Russia!! :cluebat:
finis

Don't blame me, but the oil price is still 46 and some change today on the open market.  I could site a dozen articles that state such and I guess I'll just give you two for the moment.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/volatile-oil-dips-high-u-033338987.html;_ylt=AwrSyCN3nLhU8RwAZrSTmYlQ

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/oil-prices-edge-technical-price-
[size=78%]021651448.html;_ylt=AwrSyCPtn7hU4hwAuceTmYlQ[/size]

I would think you would like to at least be somewhat truthful in what you report...but apparently it is more important to gloat about falsities then actually state what is happening.   :rolleyes: [/size][size=78%]There may come a time when oil  dips to the levels you are begging for, but for the time being that hasn't happened...and like many things you are just reporting what you are wishing for rather than the actual truth.[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Fathertime!    [/size]

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1729 on: January 15, 2015, 10:33:21 PM »
Because Russia has so many Nuclear weapons it's highly unlikely that something like this could happen in our lifetimes.  Perhaps someday if there is some sort of EMP weapon which will wipe out all the Nukes, then maybe.

Here is a comment by somebody who read the article and commented about it online:

HJ
 USA 16 hours ago
"As the previous commentator suggested, the ideas behind this article are based largely on outdated fear mongering. This "yellow peril" myth dates back to the late 19th century, & has little basis in reality.

The most generous estimates suggest that ethnic Chinese make up no more than 3-5% of the regional population in Siberia & the Russian Far East (& yes, those are distinct regions, learn your geography), most of whom are concentrated in the border areas. Out of that 3-5%, nearly 9 out of 10 are seasonal migrants with no intention of long-term settlement. This translates into 300 thousand Chinese, & 30 thousand possible permanent settlers ('permanent' is defined here as more than 2 years, btw). The bottom line is this - "invasion by migration" is not an option.

As for the military option mentioned in this article, a full-scale armed invasion of the world's largest nuclear weapons state is hardly a realistic choice for China. This is about as likely a scenario as an UFO-landing in Manhattan. No amount of Russian natural resources would offset the devastation to China brought by a nuclear exchange.

Furthermore, it's not in China's strategic interests to annex Siberia & upset the status quo. China is already gaining ever increasing access to Russian resources without a takeover
; any attempt to do so would provoke Russia to limit Chinese trade & investment opportunities, as well as possible retaliation against China via support for separatists in Tibet & Xinjiang."

If what you and the commentator said is true, you just ruined Sleepycat's fantasy....and it seems factually based so it probably is. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_Chinese_in_Russia

Fathertime!   

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1730 on: January 15, 2015, 10:44:40 PM »
Better start learning Mandarin if you live in Siberia or the Russian Far East...

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2015/01/14/the-most-debated-room-for-debates/why-china-will-reclaim-siberia-21

Speculation. China wouldn't risk getting nuked over Siberia. China is more interested in Taiwan. If Russia starts something in Europe, it may be China's best opportunity to take Taiwan. World leaders will or already have discussed possibilities behind closed doors. If Russia starts something in Europe, I wouldn't be surprised if war breaks out in other parts of the world. Putin knows we will attend to South Korea and the Middle East before we attend to Eastern Europe. Creating mayhem around the world is beneficial to Putin.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1731 on: January 15, 2015, 10:52:06 PM »

If what you and the commentator said is true, you just ruined Sleepycat's fantasy....and it seems factually based so it probably is. 

Trust me, it's my fantasy as well.  And I believe it may happen in the future as I alluded to, when weapons are developed which disable Nuclear weapons.  A shooting war only and Siberia and the Russian Far East are overwhelmed within 48 hours.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1732 on: January 15, 2015, 10:53:25 PM »
Russia is like a one note singer - nuke, nuke, nuke.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1733 on: January 15, 2015, 10:56:38 PM »

That's a pretty powerful note should someone be so foolish as to try to invade what is now Russian territory (such as Crimea or any other part of Russia).  Only a fool would talk about such from his comfy Lazy Boy recliner in the West, while taking a break from his video games.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1734 on: January 16, 2015, 03:29:15 AM »
Its a bluff.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1735 on: January 16, 2015, 02:53:44 PM »

Don't blame me, but the oil price is still 46 and some change today on the open market.  I could site a dozen articles that state such and I guess I'll just give you two for the moment.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/volatile-oil-dips-high-u-033338987.html;_ylt=AwrSyCN3nLhU8RwAZrSTmYlQ

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/oil-prices-edge-technical-price-
[size=78%]021651448.html;_ylt=AwrSyCPtn7hU4hwAuceTmYlQ[/size]

I would think you would like to at least be somewhat truthful in what you report...but apparently it is more important to gloat about falsities then actually state what is happening.   :rolleyes: [/size][size=78%]There may come a time when oil  dips to the levels you are begging for, but for the time being that hasn't happened...and like many things you are just reporting what you are wishing for rather than the actual truth.[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Fathertime!    [/size]

Yeah--truth-- you and AC & RT Today have something in common-- no capacity for the truth-try and read again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At every point I posted a link confirming-- yet your baseless accusations persist!Here it is again--

OPEC daily basket price stood at $43.14 a barrel Thursday, 15 January 2015

Vienna, 16 January 2015--The price of OPEC basket of twelve crudes stood at 43.14 dollars a barrel on Thursday, compared with $41.65 the previous day, according to OPEC Secretariat calculations. (View Archives)
http://www.opec.org/opec_web/en/923.htm
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1736 on: January 16, 2015, 03:24:09 PM »
Strong dollar:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102342803

The euro continued to extend losses against the U.S. dollar, hitting a fresh 11-year low of $1.156.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1737 on: January 16, 2015, 05:35:55 PM »
Yeah--truth-- you and AC & RT Today have something in common-- no capacity for the truth-try and read again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At every point I posted a link confirming-- yet your baseless accusations persist!Here it is again--

OPEC daily basket price stood at $43.14 a barrel Thursday, 15 January 2015

Vienna, 16 January 2015--The price of OPEC basket of twelve crudes stood at 43.14 dollars a barrel on Thursday, compared with $41.65 the previous day, according to OPEC Secretariat calculations. (View Archives)
http://www.opec.org/opec_web/en/923.htm

..that ridiculous basket price is not the price of oil...You only use it because it is a lower number, that is obvious.... the price of oil as we speak is:  48.48...up 4.82% today...what a tremendous disappointment for you personally!   :D   

Fathertime!   
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:38:36 PM by AnonMod »

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1738 on: January 16, 2015, 05:38:52 PM »
By the way you post here, you wouldn't be able to drive in Russia.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1739 on: January 16, 2015, 06:52:11 PM »
ANALYSIS
Oil slide to $10? Don't scoff, it's happened before: Don Pittis

As some bet on sub-$20 oil, we look for tools to tell us where prices will go next
By Don Pittis, CBC News Posted: Jan 16, 2015 5:00 AM ET Last Updated: Jan 16, 2015 10:26 AM ET
Betting on $20

Certainly there are traders using a financial derivative called "put options" to bet that oil will fall below $20 US a barrel.

"There has been some light trading in June $20 puts," writes William Watts in Market Watch. But according to experts who watch the market, many more bets are being placed that the price will fall below $30 US.

“In other words, bets on sub-$30 crude oil in June are now 1.7 times greater than physical inventory," energy derivatives expert Stephen Schork tells Watts.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/oil-slide-to-10-don-t-scoff-it-s-happened-before-don-pittis-1.2901843

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1740 on: January 16, 2015, 07:29:26 PM »
Its a bluff.

Then gather your Army of misfits and invade Crimea or any other part of Russia.  Obviously they won't need Nukes to handle you, but if there was a real invasion force I have no doubt they would use them.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:31:33 PM by AC »

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1741 on: January 16, 2015, 07:30:06 PM »

Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke of Earl, Earl, Earl. 

(To be sung to the tune of Here comes Peter Cottontail.)
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1742 on: January 16, 2015, 10:48:50 PM »
Then gather your Army of misfits and invade Crimea or any other part of Russia.  Obviously they won't need Nukes to handle you, but if there was a real invasion force I have no doubt they would use them.

It must be hard to go through life amidst all these self inflicted false dichotomies

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1743 on: January 16, 2015, 10:49:26 PM »
Nuke, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke of Earl, Earl, Earl. 

(To be sung to the tune of Here comes Peter Cottontail.)

:clapping:

Offline AC

• Banned Member
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1744 on: January 16, 2015, 11:31:29 PM »
It must be hard to go through life amidst all these self inflicted false dichotomies

Funny but a little more then a month ago you were warning us all that Russia had Nuclear weapons and we should be afraid of them, but now it's you who is saying it is a bluff when before it was me who is saying it's a bluff.

The difference is that I was talking about the West helping Ukraine defend the Donbas, and now when I say yes, if somebody is foolish enough to invade Russia they will probably use their tactical Nukes.

Can you see the difference?  :popcorn:

Offline AC

• Banned Member

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1746 on: January 17, 2015, 12:25:16 AM »
Looks like the sanctions will remain...

Ukraine: MEPs condemn terrorist acts and say sanctions against Russia must stay

Plenary Session  Press release - External relations − 15-01-2015 - 12:58

..."EU sanctions against Russia should stay in place until it changes its aggressive policy in Ukraine, respects the ceasefire, withdraws its troops and stops supporting separatists, says Parliament in a resolution voted on Thursday. MEPs condemn “acts of terrorism” in Ukraine. urge the EU to come up with a plan to counter the Russian "information war" and help Ukraine to carry out reforms, cope with its humanitarian and health emergency and enhance its defence capabilities.

MEPs strongly condemn Russia's "aggressive and expansionist policy" and "the acts of terrorism and criminal behaviour committed by the separatists and other irregular forces in Eastern Ukraine". They urge the EU Council at its March 2015 meeting to maintain current EU sanctions against Russia and approve “benchmarks” for lifting them. These should include respecting the ceasefire, unconditional withdrawal of Russian troops and illegal armed groups, exchanging all prisoners and restoring Ukraine’s control over its whole territory, including Crimea.In the event of further Russian actions destabilising Ukraine, the Council should broaden the range of sanctions to include the nuclear sector and international financial transactions.

Political and diplomatic channels towards Russia must nonetheless stay open, adds the text.

Counter the “information war”

MEPs call on the EU to pay particular attention to the "information war" pursued by Russia and ask the Commission to propose, within two months, a communication strategy to counter the Russian propaganda campaign directed at the EU, its eastern neighbours and Russia itself.

Help with reforms and humanitarian aid

MEPs call on the EU to deliver "more substantial technical assistance", including deploying advisers and experts, to help Ukraine to implement reforms. They note that since the Council lifted the arms embargo on Ukraine on 16 July, there are "no objections" to EU countries supplying defensive arms to Ukraine, and suggest that the EU consider helping Ukraine to enhance its defence capabilities.

The EU should also do more to help tackle the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, including Crimea, say MEPs, citing the plight of internally displaced persons and the health emergency in eastern Ukraine, "with hospitals not fully functioning and a shortage of medicines and vaccines".

MEPs ask the European Commission to present a plan of humanitarian action in Ukraine to the European Parliament within the next two months."...

REF. : 20150109IPR06321
Updated:
(
 15-01-2015 - 13:11

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/news-room/content/20150109IPR06321/html/Ukraine-MEPs-condemn-terrorist-acts-and-say-sanctions-against-Russia-must-stay

Note my bolded. I'm not sure if the EU council was a proposal of the lifting of the arms embargo and the EU parliament's just ratified it or EU countries have been free to supply defensive arms to Ukraine since July. However, this statement gives some credence to Ukraine's PM who on several occasions has commented that countries were supplying defensive arms.

Either way, it's now apparently official the EU has no objections to EU countries supplying defensive arms to Ukraine. Now all that needs to be clarified is what constitutes "defensive arms" to the EU parliament.

The Kyiv Post is reporting the Russians aren't happy...

Russia accuses European parliament of gunning for war

..."Russian officials have accused the European Union of "militancy" in a bitter response to the Jan. 15 European parliament resolution giving member states carte blanche to supply arms to Ukraine."...

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/kyiv-post-plus/russia-accuses-european-parliament-of-gunning-for-war-377618.html

Brass
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:30:26 AM by Brasscasing »
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1747 on: January 17, 2015, 12:28:29 AM »
The bad news just keeps coming! It makes you wonder what cash is actually in the kitty !!

Russia misses deadline for $50 billion Yukos payment

The Russian government missed the deadline on Jan. 15 for paying $50 billion to the shareholders of defunct oil company Yukos in what has been called the largest commercial lawsuit in history.

Yukos’ shareholders are planning to seek seizure of Russian government assets abroad as payment for the debt, dealing yet another blow to the Kremlin amid an economic and financial crisis. The lawsuit, along with falling oil prices and a plummeting ruble, could make it harder for the Kremlin to finance its ongoing war against Ukraine.

Yukos was bankrupted and dismembered by Russian authorities in 2004 to 2007 as a result of what is widely believed to be a politically motivated and illegitimate tax evasion case. Many Yukos executives were jailed as part of the case.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/kyiv-post-plus/russia-misses-deadline-for-50-billion-yukos-payment-377554.html

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1748 on: January 17, 2015, 02:39:45 AM »
And more bad news-- seriously-- those trying to tell us sanctions will have little affect!

Fitch downgraded the ratings of 30 Russian financial institutions

16 January 2015   Choose a date  22:01
Including lowered ratings of the largest banks - Sberbank, Gazprombank, Vnesheconombank, Russian Agricultural Bank

Moscow. January 16. INTERFAX.RU - International rating agency Fitch Ratings lowered the ratings of 30 Russian financial institutions and their "daughters" by one step. This was reported in the press release from the agency.

In particular, lowered the ratings of the largest credit institutions - Sberbank, Gazprombank, Vnesheconombank (VEB), the Russian Agricultural Bank (RAB). Long-term foreign currency rating of Sberbank lowered from "BBB" to "BBB-".

Also lowered the ratings of financial organizations owned by Russian banks - in particular, Denizbank. Indicators were dropped Russian subsidiaries of foreign banks - JSC "Raiffeisenbank", CJSC "Citibank", CJSC "ING Bank (Eurasia)" and others.

January 13 Fitch downgraded the ratings of 13 major Russian companies. In particular, the lower performance of "Gazprom", "Gazprom Neft", "Lukoil", "Atomenergoprom" RZD "UES FGC". Revision also touched on some of the "daughters" of these companies.

http://www.interfax.ru/business/418387

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1749 on: January 17, 2015, 03:01:10 AM »
And again !!
The economic position of Russia lowered the third international credit rating. bbc.com

Pro-Putin Russia was on the last step of ratings that are considered investment
 International rating agency Moody's downgraded the credit rating of the level of "Baa3". This means that Russia "slipped" on the last step of the rating, which is considered an investment. With further decrease, which can happen with a negative outlook by Moody's, government bonds will drop to the "speculative" or "junk" level.
This is means that investors are not encouraged to invest in the Russian economy. This writes slon.ru. In Moody's named two main reasons for the downgrade: the impact podeshevshannya oil and the ruble on the Russian economy and reductions in state reserves through future payments on external debt of Russian banks and corporations. Moody's - the last of the agencies "big three", which downgraded the threshold of "garbage".
 Earlier, Standard & Poor's and Fitch lowered the estimate of Russian government bonds to "BBB-" (corresponding to "Baa3" in Moody's). Minister of Economic Development of Russia Alexei Ulyukayev said the downgrade of the country to the "garbage" is very likely. In early January to Bloomberg analysts put Russia in fifth place in the list of countries in which the most likely to default.

Більше читайте тут: http://tsn.ua/groshi/rosiyu-nakrilo-cunami-globalnogo-pogirshennya-kreditnih-reytingiv-prognozuyut-defolt-403344.html

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1723
Total: 1732

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Yesterday at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 28, 2024, 09:44:27 AM