It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1086301 times)

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2900 on: March 20, 2015, 04:21:33 PM »
TSN reports,

US authorities have advised large companies to flee Russia before the summer - spin doctor

The probability of disconnection from SWIFT far only discussed.

"The risk is [disconnection from SWIFT]. While it only discuss denied it. But one needs to understand that if they decided, of course, they will hide it. They just do everything at the last moment," - said political strategist.

The US Federal Reserve (Fed) - an independent federal agency that serves as the central bank and provides centralized control of the commercial banking system States.

Mike, don't look or anticipate that SWIFT will be disconnected from Russia. Removing it will disconnect the central banking cabal and they won't tolerate that. That cabal is in essence The Federal Reserve which is as stated here "independent". The Fed Reserve bankers (the cabal) will keep open avenues to the Russian economy and shutting it down will cost them more than it costs Russia. The nuke option on the Russian economy is a gross over estimation. More of an inconvenience

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2901 on: March 20, 2015, 04:48:12 PM »
Time will tell.
 None of the other options seems to be panning out, so maybe it's time to finally bring out the heavy guns.

Online Faux Pas

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2902 on: March 20, 2015, 06:11:17 PM »
Time will tell.
 None of the other options seems to be panning out, so maybe it's time to finally bring out the heavy guns.

The one thing you can count on through all of the information and disinformation is the greed of the central banks

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2903 on: March 20, 2015, 06:50:24 PM »
A lot of US & Canadian oil is wrapped up in Russian Arctic investment. 

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2904 on: March 25, 2015, 10:18:11 AM »
Check this out; The criminally inactive jumps into action to snub the chief representative of the organization of irrelevance...Awesome.

Seriously, what would these two have to discuss, anyways? It's not like either one of them is interested in the maintenance of international peace and security. Maybe Stoltenberg wants to outline his plan for dismantling NATO before a less incompetent POTUS assumes the presidency and actually does his/her job, who knows? :rolleyes:

Obama reportedly snubs NATO chief as Russia makes new threats against allies

..."President Barack Obama reportedly will not meet with NATO's new secretary general when he is in Washington this week, despite requests from the alliance chief's staff for a get-together."...

foxnews.com

...The whitehouse has issued a press release stating that President Obama will be too busy hiding under his desk in the oval office singing his favorite song "Make the world go away". >:(

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2905 on: March 25, 2015, 10:38:33 AM »
In spite of what FT tries to tell the forum about how American's and US lawmaker feel about arming Ukraine, yesterdays House Vote in Congress says it all....348 to 48 Vote to Send Lethal Arms to Ukraine.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/land/weapons/2015/03/24/us-house-urges-obama-to-send-lethal-arms-to-ukraine/70369946/
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2906 on: March 25, 2015, 03:30:41 PM »
In spite of what FT tries to tell the forum about how American's and US lawmaker feel about arming Ukraine, yesterdays House Vote in Congress says it all....348 to 48 Vote to Send Lethal Arms to Ukraine.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/land/weapons/2015/03/24/us-house-urges-obama-to-send-lethal-arms-to-ukraine/70369946/

The US Congress has had an approval rating of around 15%-20%.  It is ignorant of Calmissile to link their vote with what the American people want.  I'd say about 90% of the American public has NO interest in the issue at all...and the 10% that do are probably split in what they would like to see done.   It is also inaccurate to say I have spoken about congressional votes...I've commented on the American public not usually congressional votes. 

Regardless for now the US is not arming Ukraine, which I agree with.  In addition, I would suspect a fair % of the votes are just votes to get on record against Obama more than anything.  It is in the president's hands, he is there for a reason, and he is likely informed of ALL the important facts.  :)

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2907 on: March 25, 2015, 03:38:42 PM »
America is always wrong.  Our sins are never forgiven. 

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2908 on: March 25, 2015, 08:37:34 PM »
brass i think its fair to say as this is in the EU backyard , they need to step up here

currently it is purely staggering how run down the defence is across the EU , given russias push over the last 5 years and its now continued drive towards a bigger military ,

the EU has to get serious about its own defence imho

america does have a role , but it needs the EU to show leadership and strong policy on its own defence and for ukraine ,
that to date has been lacking imo

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2909 on: March 25, 2015, 08:52:16 PM »
SX, I think we all agree with you, but don't you think our Nobel Peace Prize winner should meet with Stoltenberg?

Offline southernX

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2910 on: March 25, 2015, 11:07:19 PM »
SX, I think we all agree with you, but don't you think our Nobel Peace Prize winner should meet with Stoltenberg?

LT , yes i do think he should ,

however my guess is the key leadership is wanting it to be more or a united front that has all the apearances of being driven out of the EU ,with the US being asked to support them

rather than  being seen as the US leading a warmongering path against russsia with the EU ,being reluctantly dragged along ... currently that is the russian propogandas spin on this scenario

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2911 on: March 26, 2015, 12:58:33 AM »
Neville:
The US Congress has had an approval rating of around 15%-20%.  It is ignorant of Calmissile to link their vote with what the American people want.

No, ignorance is forgetting that this Congress just won both houses by a vote of the poeple in the most recent elections.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2912 on: March 26, 2015, 04:41:50 AM »
Neville:
No, ignorance is forgetting that this Congress just won both houses by a vote of the poeple in the most recent elections.

Debating this guy is a waste of time.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2913 on: March 26, 2015, 06:19:53 AM »
Neville:

Partisan Hack,

No, ignorance is what YOU are displaying:

Here is a little survey listing Congress' approval rating week by week, which proves you wrong....most current approval rating 18%

http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob.htm

Fathertime! 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:55:55 AM by fathertime »

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2914 on: March 26, 2015, 06:20:59 AM »
Debating this guy is a waste of time.

For YOU it is, but then again you don't know how to debate/discuss anyway, so who cares!   :)

Fathertime!   

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2915 on: March 26, 2015, 08:26:19 AM »
Neville:

Here is a little survey listing Congress' approval rating week by week, which proves you wrong....most current approval rating 18%

Did you even realize that the USA had a mid-term election recently? That my friend, is the only poll that matters.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2916 on: March 26, 2015, 09:07:28 AM »

Partisan Hack,

http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob.htm

I would like you to explain how you've arrived at the conclusion Mendy is a "partisan hack".

It makes no sense to me as a partisan hack is generally defined as Someone who cares more about supporting a particular party or ideology than supporting what is morally right, or factually true.-urban dictionary or Devoted to or biased in support of a party, group, or cause: partisan politics. -wordnik.

This term more accurately describes you, FT, not Mendy. You are the one who subscribes to a specific biased ideology and supports the Kremlin line (politics) regardless of morality or facts to the contrary.

Case in point; Your linking this survey to support your hypothesis that the question "Do you approve or disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job?" somehow equates to American's having no interest in Ukraine at all. It doesn't.

The more accurate polling result would be Obama's handling of foreign policy. Excerpts from your own link...

"NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll
"Do you generally approve or disapprove of the job Barack Obama is doing in handling foreign policy?"
3/1-5/15   Approve Disapprove Unsure     

36%         58%       6% "

"CBS News Poll.
"Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling foreign policy?"
2/13-17/15  Approve  Disapprove Unsure/ No answer
                      39%       50%          12% "

"ABC News/Washington Post Poll.
"Overall, do you approve or disapprove of the way Obama is handling international affairs?"

12/11-14/14 Approve  Disapprove Unsure
                      39%         54%           7%"

"Quinnipiac University
"Who do you trust more to make decisions that are good for the country: President Obama or the Republicans in Congress?"

11/18-23/14 President Obama    Republicans in Congress   Unsure/No answer
                              42%                       47%                           12%

http://www.pollingreport.com/obama_ad2.htm

Get the idea? There may even be direct questions polling Obama's policy on Ukraine on this website somewhere. Either way, your assertion that Americans agree with Mr. Obama on Ukraine/Foreign policy don't hold up under scrutiny.

Brass
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 09:09:49 AM by Brasscasing »

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2917 on: March 26, 2015, 09:09:46 AM »
Neville:
Did you even realize that the USA had a mid-term election recently? That my friend, is the only poll that matters.
Partisan Hack,

Yes I know we had elections here a while back.   I also notice that congresses approval rating is below 20%.  So when congress makes decisions,  often times it isn't what the American people want. That is why I objected to calmissiles initial statement equating the Congressional vote with an approval from the American people. For better or worse most people disagree with congress on many if not most issues.
Fathertime!

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2918 on: March 26, 2015, 09:21:40 AM »
Get the idea? There may even be direct questions polling Obama's policy on Ukraine on this website somewhere. Either way, your assertion that Americans agree with Mr. Obama on Ukraine/Foreign policy don't hold up under scrutiny.

Brass

You call that scrutiny?   

Most people don't agree with our foreign policy...neither do I.   That certainly doesn't mean I think we should arm Ukraine.   Which demonstrates that those that don't approval of our foreign policy aren't all looking for us to be more muscular, but less, and obviously that has been slowly happening...as China and other regional powers assert themselves more.

Fathertime!

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2919 on: March 26, 2015, 09:26:00 AM »
Neville, that same Congress was elected, in a triumph over the other party, recently. Those polls numbers have not changed much, but the people have spoken.

I applaud divided government--it is a gift from the founders and a blessing to democracy. Those who favour united government have mainly examples of Russia, China, North Korea, etc, as prime examples.

If the American people do not like this Congress, it only takes a short two years to change it.

As to Obama, he is a sad joke and a blight on USA history. That too will change in less than two years.

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2920 on: March 26, 2015, 09:32:46 AM »

The US Congress has had an approval rating of around 15%-20%. It is ignorant of Calmissile to link their vote with what the American people want.  I'd say about 90% of the American public has NO interest in the issue at all...and the 10% that do are probably split in what they would like to see done.   It is also inaccurate to say I have spoken about congressional votes...I've commented on the American public not usually congressional votes. 

Regardless for now the US is not arming Ukraine, which I agree with.  In addition, I would suspect a fair % of the votes are just votes to get on record against Obama more than anything.  It is in the president's hands, he is there for a reason, and he is likely informed of ALL the important facts.  :)

Then your comments would be inaccurate.

Americans disapprove of Obama's handling of Ukraine crisis

..."President Obama: Ukraine and Foreign Policy

While a majority of Americans (56 percent) support U.S. sanctions against Russia, they are less pleased with President Obama's handling of the situation between Russia and Ukraine overall. Forty-six percent disapprove of how Mr. Obama is handling these events, while fewer - 38 percent - approve."...

..."Russia and Ukraine

There are limits to what Americans think the U.S. can accomplish regarding the recent Russian annexation of Crimea in Ukraine. Fifty-seven percent of Americans think the situation between Russia and Ukraine is beyond the control of the U.S.; just 37 percent think it is a conflict the U.S. can do something about.

So far, the U.S. and other countries have responded to Russia's annexation of Crimea by enacting sanctions, something most Americans (56 percent) - and most partisans (55 percent of Republicans, 61 percent of Democrats) -- approve of.

But few Americans are hopeful that sanctions will be effective at changing Russia's actions in Ukraine and Crimea. Just 32 percent think sanctions will be at least somewhat effective, and most - 58 percent - think sanctions will be not very or not at all effective. Democrats are a little more optimistic about the effectiveness of sanctions than are Republicans or independents.

Americans stop short when it comes to providing military aid and equipment to Ukraine. Just 26 percent think the U.S. should do so in response to Russia's actions, and far more - 65 percent - think the U.S. should not, including majorities of Republicans (59 percent), Democrats (67 percent), and independents (69 percent).

Looking ahead, Americans think an expansion of the conflict is likely. Sixty-nine percent think it is at least somewhat likely that the situation between Russia and Ukraine will become a more widespread conflict involving neighboring countries and other parts of Europe, including 27 percent who think that is very likely.

Most Americans don't think the U.S. is obliged to intervene there: 61 percent of Americans do not think the U.S. has a responsibility to do something about the situation between Russia and Ukraine, nearly twice as many as think the U.S. does have that responsibility. There is widespread bipartisan agreement on this.

Public opinion about Ukraine is similar to views about U.S. responsibility in other international conflicts. Majorities of Americans did not think the U.S. had a responsibility to intervene in Syria (68 percent), in the fighting and ethnic cleansing in Bosnia (65 percent) or in the mass killings in Rwanda (51 percent). In contrast, 54 percent of Americans believed the U.S. did have a responsibility to intervene in Kosovo, a situation where the U.S. began a bombing campaign against Serbian forces in cooperation with NATO.

Thirty-six percent of Americans say they have heard or read a lot about the situation between Russia and Crimea, and those who have are far more likely to believe the U.S. has a responsibility to do something (45 percent) than those paying less attention (25 percent). Still, 51 percent of those who have heard or read a lot about the situation think the U.S. does not have a responsibility to get involved."...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/americans-disapprove-of-obamas-handling-of-ukraine-crisis/

Now before you go pointing out that a majority of Americans don't support intervention in Ukraine read the bolded paragraph above.

In all those conflicts the US/administration did the right thing and fulfilled it's responsibilities/commitments regardless of public opinion at the time. Something Mr. Obama refuses to do.

So, according to this article/survey contrary to your adamant insistence otherwise, Americans are indeed interested in what's happening in Ukraine.

Brass

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2921 on: March 26, 2015, 09:33:26 AM »
Cmon guys, you can't say just because Congress was elected that every thing Congress does is fully supported by the people.  That is the same as saying Obama was elected twice so everything he did was fully supported by the people.

Sometimes people get elected because they are the lesser of two evils.  ;)

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2922 on: March 26, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »

'...Regardless for now the US is not arming Ukraine, which I agree with...'

Fathertime!

Why do you agree with the idea of not arming Ukraine? What do you see as the pros and cons?

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2923 on: March 26, 2015, 09:43:35 AM »
You call that scrutiny?   

Most people don't agree with our foreign policy...neither do I.   That certainly doesn't mean I think we should arm Ukraine.   Which demonstrates that those that don't approval of our foreign policy aren't all looking for us to be more muscular, but less, and obviously that has been slowly happening...as China and other regional powers assert themselves more.

This post neither addresses my comments or answers my questions.

Yes, I do call it scrutiny. I've just demonstratively shown that in my two posts above.

I disagree and I've addressed your foreign policy comments in my post above.

Brass   

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2924 on: March 26, 2015, 09:48:54 AM »
Then your comments would be inaccurate.

Americans disapprove of Obama's handling of Ukraine crisis

..."President Obama: Ukraine and Foreign Policy

While a majority of Americans (56 percent) support U.S. sanctions against Russia, they are less pleased with President Obama's handling of the situation between Russia and Ukraine overall. Forty-six percent disapprove of how Mr. Obama is handling these events, while fewer - 38 percent - approve."...

..."Russia and Ukraine

There are limits to what Americans think the U.S. can accomplish regarding the recent Russian annexation of Crimea in Ukraine. Fifty-seven percent of Americans think the situation between Russia and Ukraine is beyond the control of the U.S.; just 37 percent think it is a conflict the U.S. can do something about.

So far, the U.S. and other countries have responded to Russia's annexation of Crimea by enacting sanctions, something most Americans (56 percent) - and most partisans (55 percent of Republicans, 61 percent of Democrats) -- approve of.

But few Americans are hopeful that sanctions will be effective at changing Russia's actions in Ukraine and Crimea. Just 32 percent think sanctions will be at least somewhat effective, and most - 58 percent - think sanctions will be not very or not at all effective. Democrats are a little more optimistic about the effectiveness of sanctions than are Republicans or independents.

Americans stop short when it comes to providing military aid and equipment to Ukraine. Just 26 percent think the U.S. should do so in response to Russia's actions, and far more - 65 percent - think the U.S. should not, including majorities of Republicans (59 percent), Democrats (67 percent), and independents (69 percent).

Looking ahead, Americans think an expansion of the conflict is likely. Sixty-nine percent think it is at least somewhat likely that the situation between Russia and Ukraine will become a more widespread conflict involving neighboring countries and other parts of Europe, including 27 percent who think that is very likely.

Most Americans don't think the U.S. is obliged to intervene there: 61 percent of Americans do not think the U.S. has a responsibility to do something about the situation between Russia and Ukraine, nearly twice as many as think the U.S. does have that responsibility. There is widespread bipartisan agreement on this.

Public opinion about Ukraine is similar to views about U.S. responsibility in other international conflicts. Majorities of Americans did not think the U.S. had a responsibility to intervene in Syria (68 percent), in the fighting and ethnic cleansing in Bosnia (65 percent) or in the mass killings in Rwanda (51 percent). In contrast, 54 percent of Americans believed the U.S. did have a responsibility to intervene in Kosovo, a situation where the U.S. began a bombing campaign against Serbian forces in cooperation with NATO.

Thirty-six percent of Americans say they have heard or read a lot about the situation between Russia and Crimea, and those who have are far more likely to believe the U.S. has a responsibility to do something (45 percent) than those paying less attention (25 percent). Still, 51 percent of those who have heard or read a lot about the situation think the U.S. does not have a responsibility to get involved."...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/americans-disapprove-of-obamas-handling-of-ukraine-crisis/

Now before you go pointing out that a majority of Americans don't support intervention in Ukraine read the bolded paragraph above.

In all those conflicts the US/administration did the right thing and fulfilled it's responsibilities/commitments regardless of public opinion at the time. Something Mr. Obama refuses to do.

So, according to this article/survey contrary to your adamant insistence otherwise, Americans are indeed interested in what's happening in Ukraine.

Brass

You would be surprised at how little most Americans care about this conflict.   If it becomes a major one for us, then people will care more...when/if we suffer consequences/deaths people will wonder why we got sucked into it.  It is not crucial (to us) to participate any more than we already have.

Fathertime!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541452
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1645
Total: 1654

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 11:32:07 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Yesterday at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:11:31 AM