It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Going solo?  (Read 16592 times)

Offline Nikolos

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Going solo?
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2016, 11:55:29 AM »
I just returned from my 10 day trip :)  It was a rough start but ended well.

I was corresponding with a girl from Saint Petersburg on Tinder a couple weeks before I left, we had real dialogue (so I thought) arranged to meet on Nevsky prospect, 90 minutes waiting in the cold she was a no show.. Yeah, I was a little pissed but I had a lot of time ahead of me and I was in a city full of beautiful Women.

I met several Women before and after this incident, and most spoke fairly good English, but they also had boyfriends :( 

After being stood up on the 2nd day, I went back to the dating site I subscribed too, I re-visited my correspondence with Women who I lost communication with for one reason or another, I sent out letters to 6.. Next morning I get a message on Viber from one of them, 39, pretty, blonde, blue eyes, and a real talker.. Long story short, it was love at first site and the chemistry seemed to be there, but I wasn't sure if it was mutual.. After a couple days she invited me to her flat for dinner and drinks, stuffed me with food, made me feel real comfortable, she has a 6 year old daughter that really took to me...  We did a lot of sight seeing together, went to a ballet, watched the draw bridges open at 1:30am,

She's an Engineer, owns her flat, owns another flat that she rent out, she goal oriented, not the type that lets grass grow around her feet..  2 days prior to me leaving, she came to the Hotel with a bag of gifts for my daughter and son, and for me an engraved item with both our names on it, I was quite surprised.

Toward the end, I had a early flight and arranged for the hotel to take me to the Airport, But she insisted to drive me, she arrived right on time, 7am, drove me there and we said our good bye's.

The plan is for her and her daughter to visit here on a tourist visa and stay with me for a month, that's what were working on.

I feel real good about her and consider myself very lucky.

Seeing if there is genuine chemistry (not faked) is probably the best vetting there is in any case. If a girl is falling for you she is unlikely to want to do you over is my thoughts anyway.

I think good preparation before a visit is key along with a decent length of stay. This is what I am doing at the moment, preparing well so I'm not taking pot shots at a woman or few women each journey.

In my case, the vetting will come in the next few months with correspondence and skype, and especially when she stays here with me... I spent a total of 7 days with her, not very long at all, but it's a good start.

Offline Bounder

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2016, 01:52:01 PM »
I just returned from my 10 day trip :)  It was a rough start but ended well.

I was corresponding with a girl from Saint Petersburg on Tinder a couple weeks before I left, we had real dialogue (so I thought) arranged to meet on Nevsky prospect, 90 minutes waiting in the cold she was a no show.. Yeah, I was a little pissed but I had a lot of time ahead of me and I was in a city full of beautiful Women.

I met several Women before and after this incident, and most spoke fairly good English, but they also had boyfriends :( 

After being stood up on the 2nd day, I went back to the dating site I subscribed too, I re-visited my correspondence with Women who I lost communication with for one reason or another, I sent out letters to 6.. Next morning I get a message on Viber from one of them, 39, pretty, blonde, blue eyes, and a real talker.. Long story short, it was love at first site and the chemistry seemed to be there, but I wasn't sure if it was mutual.. After a couple days she invited me to her flat for dinner and drinks, stuffed me with food, made me feel real comfortable, she has a 6 year old daughter that really took to me...  We did a lot of sight seeing together, went to a ballet, watched the draw bridges open at 1:30am,

She's an Engineer, owns her flat, owns another flat that she rent out, she goal oriented, not the type that lets grass grow around her feet..  2 days prior to me leaving, she came to the Hotel with a bag of gifts for my daughter and son, and for me an engraved item with both our names on it, I was quite surprised.

Toward the end, I had a early flight and arranged for the hotel to take me to the Airport, But she insisted to drive me, she arrived right on time, 7am, drove me there and we said our good bye's.

The plan is for her and her daughter to visit here on a tourist visa and stay with me for a month, that's what were working on.

I feel real good about her and consider myself very lucky.

In my case, the vetting will come in the next few months with correspondence and skype, and especially when she stays here with me... I spent a total of 7 days with her, not very long at all, but it's a good start.

Hi Nikolos - it sounds like you really lucked out and stumbled on a keeper.  I'm happy that it went well for you!  Congratulations and good luck as things proceed with this lady!

Offline I/O

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2016, 02:32:40 PM »
it's a good start.
It is..!! Realistically, you can't expect much better result in a time line or numbers sense.

Do re read CaptB's post - it may not exactly apply to you now but this chap is no fool and yet again, I see pearls in his words.

Make haste slowly - remember there are several hearts involved here, not only yours and hers....

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2016, 02:51:03 PM »

Sounds like a good plan, if she can get the visa.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 02:54:20 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Going solo?
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 07:42:35 AM »
I think the FSU dating scene probably does change over time, back when I last looked 7-8 years ago FSU countries were seemingly getting more wealthier to the point where a rich westerner didn't have as much financial pull as he used to.

Attracting women with financial pull is an excellent way to attract a bad girl.
Don't be surprised if you attract a gold digger, when you use money as bait.
I'm not saying you are doing this, what I am saying is that's not a good way
to determine if a place is a good place to search.

I would recommend going to places where they have a large quantity of excellent 
candidates regardless of the financial situation there. Don't seek out desperate
women because they tend to act desperately. Once they aren't desperate their
actions will be different.

You should get a bit of initial interest just because you are different. Being different
works in the US as much as it does in the FSU. You would be amazed at the amount
of interest an English, Australian or Kiwi accent gets an otherwise ordinary guy from
the ladies on a ski slope, picnic or barbecue. Having said that the USA is not the place
to look if you are over 40 and seeking a younger, thinner, educated woman without
mental problems or baggage. Many of the really good ones tend to be happily married.

Vetting I think was a big thing years back and doing your due diligence is still important, but I think with wide spread knowledge of scams and how the process works these days its much quicker and perhaps more obvious if someone there for reasons that are purely money driven.

I think that many men are far too worried about scams, scammers and things like that.
99.9% of the time I could see them coming from a mile away.

The biggest thing a man who travels to the FSU needs to remember is who is driving
the bus and be completely willing to jettison ANY girl no matter how hot she is.

Girls are like buses there is always another one passing by.

If you can follow that one piece of advice you can stop worrying about being taken
advantage of.

Vetting/due diligence etc.

Weed out the obvious women with problems.
NEVER date a woman who is NOT a potential Mrs______________ your name here.
If the woman isn't interested in you move on. Don't just date a woman hoping that
will change. You can compromise on looks but never on character. Dump any woman
at any point in your pursuit if her character isn't up to snuff.

Once you find a potential keeper who ticks off all the boxes you need to pursue her
and really get to know her. What really amazes me are the stories from guys who have
huge fights over how to raise a kid or that she hated XYZ. WTF? They didn't have 200
conversations about this already?

Due diligence isn't about giving a woman tests, or stupid crap to see if she is this
or that. Due diligence is really, really getting to know each other and that her values
match yours.

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 08:17:52 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Nikolos

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 09:10:15 AM »
Hi Nikolos - it sounds like you really lucked out and stumbled on a keeper.  I'm happy that it went well for you!  Congratulations and good luck as things proceed with this lady!

Thank you, I realize I lucked out, especially in that short a period of time.. I'm hoping it works out.

Sounds like a good plan, if she can get the visa.

I don't know what the criteria is now for a tourist visa, the last time I looked the applicant must show reason to return to his or her home country, Assets, Real Estate and Children, she has all 3 to go back too.

Offline Nikolos

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 09:11:43 AM »
Do re read CaptB's post - it may not exactly apply to you now but this chap is no fool and yet again, I see pearls in his words.

Make haste slowly - remember there are several hearts involved here, not only yours and hers....

I'm not finding the post, can you post a link? Thanks!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 09:48:31 AM »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 01:05:18 PM »
I think you're right on all counts 2tallbill, its the chemistry that is key, it will pretty much bypass or negate any other factors. You are correct in that this isn't my position but I know some guys back in the day and perhaps some still do look at financial strength as draw. Looking financially stable is ok to not put off potential candidates that haven't yet met you but can easily go overboard I think. It's certainly that feeling when you meet the right one and pretty much everything else becomes irrelevant. That is what I am going to spend time looking for in my long stay over there next year.

Nikolos, it looks like perhaps you've lucked out, it can happen but on a short stay you've got pretty lucky if that's whats happened. To think, she was one of yours that you had/could have passed over had the girl from tinder turned up (thought when I read it Tinder doesn't sound a great idea, but you never know I guess). Anyway, show again that you don't necessarily get to the 'one' as others are filtered out along the way - the 'one' could be in the filtered out by either party but you just can't recognise it over the internet, only on meeting if you're right for each other.

That said you said you you weren't sure if the chemistry is mutual, was there much in the way of affection from her? The fact that she invited you around, airport, gifts etc suggests she wanted to be with you, but you have to be sure she is really into you than a liking for you or a want to be a relationship with any man. Some women are good at turning on the charm but I would say be sure her/any affection is real from her and fully committed rather than just the hug or odd kiss here or there.

"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 03:12:09 PM »
rather than just the hug or odd kiss here or there.

Yes, be especially wary of an odd kiss.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2016, 08:55:41 PM »

Any phone calls or Skype sessions with the lady? Electronic correspondence isn't real. You mention you met her on Tinder. That is a site known for temporary hook ups and sex on the first date. Very few people use that site to meet a life partner. Could be part of the reason she flaked on you. She realized you are a serious man.

Sounds like the other woman you found is a winner. Responsible and "into you". Let us know if you can get a visa for her and her daughter. If not, expect to visit her again. If you feel like you know her well, offer to meet her somewhere else romantic in the world.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2016, 02:37:25 PM »

The biggest thing a man who travels to the FSU needs to remember is who is driving
the bus
and be completely willing to jettison ANY girl no matter how hot she is.

Does this mean I don't have to go see the Ballet if she's into it and I'm not so? :-\
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 02:58:08 PM »
Does this mean I don't have to go see the Ballet if she's into it and I'm not so? :-\

No, but you still have to drive her in your bus.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2016, 04:35:35 PM »
No, but you still have to drive her in your bus.

Oh, sh#t! ;D

Offline msmob

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2016, 05:17:19 AM »
Good TR Nikolos ..Thanks for sharing ..

ML - I REALLY  cringe when I read guys posting advice like ''

Cast a very wide net numbers wise, filter initial contacts down over several messages/conversations, have a lot of meetings arranged with many gals before you even get on the airplane.

But let's not get into a WOVO v WMVM .. it really depends on the guy  ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:14:21 AM by msmob »

Offline azman4ru

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2016, 10:14:24 PM »
Or not.

You never know unless you try. Sure, the girl might be enaged to a local guy, but most girls will tell you very quickly that they are taken in some way, i.e. they have a boyfriend or are married, even though they're friendly to you.

There are many more girls who are not taken and would find meeting a foreigner interesting, especially as a friend. I have met Russian girls over the years just by saying hi whom are still friends and could have been more had I chose to go down that road.

Sorry, but I really cringe when I read this kind of advice.

I agree with Yes, because my experience has been that woman are interested when a man politely expresses his interest in her, and in fact generates an excitement of a complete stranger says, " Hi, my name is X and I notice how beautiful your dress, shoes, eyes, (or what ever is) as a true compliment, What is your name? If done correctly and with style and grace, her heart beat will increase one thousand fold.. its human nature... the rest is conversation and getting a cell number.

Offline Tom_traveller

• Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2017, 01:13:26 AM »
I'd like to share my experience. I always trip with my friends or my girlfriend. However, for my trip to St Pete I was totally alone. My girlfriend is my ex now, and my buddy is to busy. So I tried to find smb for travell  on forums. It wasn't easy. Finally, I just met in SPb with guys from SPb ;) It was awesome :)

Offline ML

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2017, 09:08:56 AM »
Finally, I just met in SPb with guys from SPb ;) It was awesome :)

I would have preferred gals from SPb.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1954
Total: 1963

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM