It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Second trip to Kharkov  (Read 25953 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Second trip to Kharkov
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 06:24:10 AM »
This is a good example of what can happen when men need to be hand held to meet women. A good proof of most men's social ineptness. This fact has nothing to do with fat women they allegedly have at home.

That's about as separated from normal as trying to converse with women who don't speak your tongue. Much less marry.

Everything about the MOB is just nuts.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 07:58:46 AM »
Hi.Obviously it's not about the 50-60-70$.How could i build a serious relationship with a woman who was {to shy?-to embarrassed?-scared?} to meet me alone?

Apparently, you said Mila told you it was because her English was not good and there was some reservation/embarrassment arising from this. If there was a bit of shyness, etc from the girl in general then it may just be a case of a few meetings to get used to you, you have after all appeared out of the blue to her. I wouldn't have been so anxious to push for meeting alone if I thought the girl was a good one & legit. The more I get into this FSU dating thing the more I'm realizing that acting with changes in direction can really spook a woman that seems to make her startled and seem sudden to her that she wonders why and this in turn tends to provoke a negative response from her or perhaps erratic behaviour from her. I wonder if TMD falls down here as it seems his personality may be unsettling for a FSW (could be the roids ;D) as they seem to take to more placid behaviour from men.

Of more concern I think is how legit these women are. I know on her website only a year or so ago she used to state that she can hook you up with her friends for $50. Last time I looked talk of the women you meet being her friends was dropped - from what I could see. So how many friends/acquaintances of hers she has for you to chose from and those that are legitimately looking for a guy to marry/move abroad with seems unclear. Is it just a case of linking you up with her friends who take a bung for meeting with you? who knows. I'm guessing being over there you would tend to get an perception if it was upfront or not. What did you make of it? From what I have read you tell us you were given little choice with some off the women that Mila insisted you meet (even though you were paying). While it could be that she genuinely thought you might be a good match it could also be a case of squeezing more money out of the situation. Personally myself I think I would prefer to see the entirety of pics of girls available and take my pick, I mean she might only have a handful of girls available, lol- so hence they are up most of the time for most visiting guys, who knows.

Problem with agencies/agents is being assured they are not pulling the strings behind the scene for their own benefit at the expense of yours.   
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 08:58:02 AM »
Hi wallm.
Once she showed me a picture of a wedding.the guy was from scandinavia i believe.

One couple after many years? Brilliant record.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 09:15:58 AM »
Wouldn't that be contingent upon the number of men she has set up introductions for?  No one can guarantee success for something as personal as a marriage.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline wallm

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »
It is all up to the man and woman after introduction. But the chance of success is limited if the woman is not sincere to begin with. Reading this trip report it seems focus is on running up the tab for the guys. It matches what I had been told. I would think marriages and relationships are the measure of success.

Offline wallm

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2017, 09:38:44 AM »
My point is simple. People on this board who had not used her matchmaking services, should not recommend her services. It is irresponsible.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2017, 09:40:00 AM »
True, the measure is sincerity.  However, if a woman decides she doesn't want to meet with a man a second time, that doesn't necessarily mean she is insincere.

As for your second point, fair enough.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:49:23 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline wallm

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 09:53:52 AM »
Not every man is a social butterfly like GQ is. Some men lose confidence after a divorce. Some may not want to spend time writing hundreds and then go to meet a few or one. There is a place for matchmakers provided they have good intentions and are not out there to line their pockets only.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 09:56:57 AM »
It's quite a leap to say Mila is just trying to line her pockets.  It could just be that as a matchmaker, she's inept.  Or the "raw material" she is working with is not of premium quality (note - I am not referring to you, osis).

I think if a man doesn't want to spend the time, he probably shouldn't be looking abroad for a wife.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:59:24 AM by Boethius »

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »
Osis, did you ever look and read here?

Pursuing FSUW 101. The procedures and the dating websites.
In "Starting Out" section.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Yes

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 12:51:09 PM »
Highway robbery?? Try 5000rub to get from SVO1 to SVO2 back in the old days. Ruble was ~27 to 1usd

You are looking at it through the eyes of local. A westerner pay more than a local. One needs to be fluent enough to be able to call taxi to their location and know place going or maybe an address. Sure $20 seems high but if it is her regular price for her taxi( driver & car), you are also getting from point A to point B without a problem. . If you ask for someone to provide any services you pay their rate. I saw Mila's prices on her website and thought they were on high side but if someone chooses her assistance you pay her rate.

I do remember the times in Kiev where paying ~$45usd from airport to center was never questioned, got me to my place quickly with no problems. Now with skybus and uber, and some knowledge.... there are more options.
Only a fool would have paid that price from SVO1 to SVO2 back in the day.

$20 for a 5 block taxi ride makes minibar prices look affordable.

Currently, there are very few places in the world with cheaper taxi prices than Russia. And there is no city the size of Moscow that even comes close to the price of a taxi in Moscow.

The only place I know that has cheaper taxi prices than Russia/Moscow is Ukraine. Even Mexico is more expensive :P. Moreover, $20 now can get one from SVO2 to the center of town with the gypsy taxi services (many of these drivers speak enough English to do business with for anyone who doesn't speak Russian).

5 blocks cost about $1.50 nowadays in Moscow and using taxi's in the FSU is much simpler yet for the novice, because of technology. All anyone needs is an address.

Mila might be an ok option for finding a girl, who knows? One thing I can agree on is this.

Everything about the MOB is just nuts.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 02:12:08 PM »
I think ML has a good point in the thread/info he listed in lumping paying to see a girl in with PPL. Both of them have had guys who occasionally find success with them but for many the outcomes ate not successful and you never know until too late if any of proposed meetings are above board or just a cash cow for the operator.

I also agree with Wall in that some guys are not social butterflies and never will be and/or do not have hours to spend to write to women. If you consider that meeting one woman that doesn't work out takes X amount of your time that is wasted save for any experience gained or pleasant outing but that essentially you have to go back to square one and start over again. Well to me that iS time inefficiently spent. Even the women complain of keyboard Romeos that write but never come. Personally having done all the months of writing & skyping I would rather forgo all that, spend some time out in FSU and bring them up for meets one after another. I have found from my time skyping that it's not hard to get on well with many a woman, most are friendly but the real problem is you don't know if there is any chemistry until you meet in person. Meeting in person can be like meeting someone that you don't really know even if you have Skype I've found. At the moment I am researching women for a future trip out to FSU to then call up while out there. To my mind that is a logical way to approach all of this.

Osis, I've never used a pay to see girl service, but I know what it's like to return from the FSU with something not working out but knowing what not to do next time. I hope next time will go better for you.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 02:13:23 PM »
And my counterpoint is simple. People on this board like WallM who have never used Mila's services should not be disparaging her service. It is irresponsible and wrong.

Too many Men actually have (unlike WallM) used Mila's services with good results, and were treated very kindly by Mila and her Husband. 

WallM, shut up. Really, just shut up. Your criticism of her services is far outnumbered by people who praise her services. It's about 2 or 3 :1 praise to criticism of Mila.

Neither TMD or WallM have ever used her services, but many many people have. The majority (far more than 50%) of her clients have positive things to say about Mila.

You are a rich Western Man with all the money in the world, more money than you know what to do with. Mila is a low-income Ukrainian woman with a Child and a Husband. Life is very difficult for someone in Mila's predicament.

Until you have actually used her services, shut your mouth, you divorced, bitter, hateful old man. Wow, I am really pissed off!!  :(

For any members of RWD who are wondering whether or not to use her services, I suggest you read all of her posts and posts about her on both RUA and RWD - you need to make an informed decision whether or not to use her services. Do not listen to me or WallM, neither of us have used her services. Instead, do your own due diligence and your own research on Mila. Finally, contact Mila on your own by phone, email or skype and ask to have the email addys of her past clients - talk to her past clients and get the scoop on Mila from people who actually HAVE used her services.

http://www.mila-interpreter.com/

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:41:33 PM by treadmilldude »

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 02:21:40 PM »
Mila deserves to be able to defend herself against these allegations. Mila will appear on RWD soon. Hang tight.

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 03:01:46 PM »
By far the best method is for THE Man to get on VK and Mamba and him spend a couple months selecting maybe 15 extremely high-quality girls that meet all of his criteria of what he is looking for in a partner. It is stupid, so stupid, to use the girls that Mila chooses for you. I would never in a million years meet any of the women Mila wanted me to meet. I would simply tell Mila  "No, I will be meeting my own women I myself chose" And if Mila is not cool with that but insists on me only using her own friends, then I would smile, politely tell Mila no thank you and then use one of the several extremely fluent women in Kiev I have met on mamba and VK, 4 of which are currently on my friends' list on VK, to be my paid wingman for $100 per day. Any intelligent Man will do his OWN search on VK and Mamba and choose his OWN Women to meet in Kharkiv - then skype with these 15 girls for a month to 6 weeks and narrow it down to the BEST 5 to 6 girls. Then, pay Mila $100 per day while you are over in Kharkiv for her to be your wingman / interpreter / guide and spend all day long with you ($100 for 10 hours of her being with you). She goes with you everywhere, she is your wingman, interpreter and guide. She is with you at all times while you are with your Top 5 or 6 girls you selected from Mamba and VK and have been skyping with for 4 to 6 weeks.

That is by far the best way to do it - YOU the client choose your OWN girls to meet. NEVER use any of Mila's friends to meet. Pay Mila a flat fee of $100 per day. She is with you 10 hours per day for that $100. If she will not accept $100 for 10 hours, then move on and find another wingman(woman) (I have already talked to my 4 girls on VK and they would all give both of their kidneys to be my paid wingman for $100 for 10 hours per day!!) Anyways, as she is fluent in English and Russian and Ukrainian, Mila is a Godsend to you during your meeting with YOUR OWN 5 or 6 ladies. Any misunderstandings that arise - Mila erases those misunderstandings.

There is a proper way to use Mila and a wrong way to use Mila. You guys have been using Mila the wrong way. There is always a better way.

Offline LAman

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2017, 04:10:02 PM »
Only a fool would have paid that price from SVO1 to SVO2 back in the day.

$20 for a 5 block taxi ride makes minibar prices look affordable.

Currently, there are very few places in the world with cheaper taxi prices than Russia. And there is no city the size of Moscow that even comes close to the price of a taxi in Moscow.

The only place I know that has cheaper taxi prices than Russia/Moscow is Ukraine. Even Mexico is more expensive :P. Moreover, $20 now can get one from SVO2 to the center of town with the gypsy taxi services (many of these drivers speak enough English to do business with for anyone who doesn't speak Russian).

5 blocks cost about $1.50 nowadays in Moscow and using taxi's in the FSU is much simpler yet for the novice, because of technology. All anyone needs is an address.

Mila might be an ok option for finding a girl, who knows? One thing I can agree on is this.

Don't worry, I didn't bite on that 5000rub price. I was waiting for my taxi to take me from domestic to intl terminal. SVO much better now with almost all flights out of D,E and F. (BTW no SVO2 now).

I agree taxi prices cheap in Moscow with apps for Yandex/Uber and Gett @aroiund 1000-1200 rub airports to centre and availability to use aeroexpress trains also.

Most of my post dealt with Ukraine and specifically Kharkov. If you don't know where you are going and how to get there, taxi's are not much help. Plus things need to be in Russian to show taxi driver where you want to go.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2017, 05:07:10 PM »
Don't worry, I didn't bite on that 5000rub price. I was waiting for my taxi to take me from domestic to intl terminal. SVO much better now with almost all flights out of D,E and F. (BTW no SVO2 now).

So all domestic and international flights are now out of the same set of buildings?

Offline southernX

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2017, 05:21:58 PM »
we have just spent 6 weeks in kiev and kharkiv ....  local taxi prices for such a trip are very low , yes taxi services have improved but not to that high level  for an average service ,  we did not bother to hire a car as taxis are so much cheaper

yes  you call a service and book it via them or negotiate the price you know is acceptable , if you stand as a foreigner on the kerb etc and just take whatever is offered you will pay for it in much  higher prices

max i paid for a kharkiv taxi from airport to hotel in centrum was 350 gv ..that i organised through the hotel early in the morning , so i knew it would be ''higher ''than local price    it is  acceptable for an agent to charge such prices if the buyer is fully aware up front of that ...and its convenient to buyer 

i had one taxi driver who fronted us and asked for 1000 gv for the same trip ?  told him he was insane  & to leave us alone   2 mins later he came back and offered me 200gv in english ??   

as for ''waiting '' iv had taxis wait fir us when we visit the cemetary for up to an hour .no extra charge , similar with visiting the darcha , had lunch and return to city ... we negotiated as per the trip ..   using other services that may be offered is up to both parties to be up front and communicate/negotiate .....  would like to have the other side of the story heard here though .. as it will im sure shed light on our mans trip report 
SX
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:30:15 PM by southernX »
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2017, 05:46:03 PM »
When I was in Russia back in the days, there will always be a lady at the entrance of public restrooms holding what is supposedly 'toilet paper' but rather more like yesterday's crumbled newspaper. She'd charge 10 rubles for the favor.

So Yes! Yes! Yes! I confessed of being the world's biggest dufus because every time I encountered such moments I would happily depart with no less than 200 rubles. Hell, 500 when available.

Did I tell you guys about what I like to do when I depart kiosks after patronizing whatever items I bought from babushkas? A few extras in exchange not just for the item I just purchased, but rather just for a nice smile from a seemingly ‘nice’ stranger that I will likely never ever see again, but the thought of an appreciative smile is something I can carry with me the rest of my life…

Seriously guys, this much diatribe over a $20.00 cab ride/service?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline LAman

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2017, 05:51:36 PM »
So all domestic and international flights are now out of the same set of buildings?

You could say all, there is a terminal B being worked on but if you look at arriving/departing flight for SVO all are from adjoining terminals D, E , F. Seems domestic flights from D. Usually intl arrive/depart from E

Offline LAman

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2017, 06:05:32 PM »
When I was in Russia back in the days, there will always be a lady at the entrance of public restrooms holding what is supposedly 'toilet paper' but rather more like yesterday's crumbled newspaper. She'd charge 10 rubles for the favor.

So Yes! Yes! Yes! I confessed of being the world's biggest dufus because every time I encountered such moments I would happily depart with no less than 200 rubles. Hell, 500 when available.

Did I tell you guys about what I like to do when I depart kiosks after patronizing whatever items I bought from babushkas? A few extras in exchange not just for the item I just purchased, but rather just for a nice smile from a seemingly ‘nice’ stranger that I will likely never ever see again, but the thought of an appreciative smile is something I can carry with me the rest of my life…

Seriously guys, this much diatribe over a $20.00 cab ride/service?

GQ, you remind me of my first trip to Russia, to SP. I stayed next to Dostoyevskaya metro and across from Vladimirskaya Church. I visited the church most days to say a prayer for my health and goodwill( beg of trip a disaster). I would donate money and light a candle. When I came outside there was a babushka sitting on curb holding a metal cup out, I put some coins inside and walked away. Next day I went inside, said a prayer, came outside saw the babushka put money in cup and next to her was another, put coins in her cup. Next day, I came walking up to church and noticed 4 babushkas sitting on curb and thought to myself I am going to need lots of coins. ))) So after prayers, came outside and put coins in all 4 cups( less in each cup, not enough coins). Next day....... walked up to church and saw a lineup of babushkas on curb the entire length of church!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:10:53 PM by LAman »

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2017, 06:16:35 PM »
GQ, I love your avatar. I have always been a Don Johnson fan. When I was a little kid, my Sister and I would always watch Miami Vice on Friday Nights. Crockett and Tubbs was THE SHIT man!! LOVE Don Johnson!!

Offline osis

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2017, 03:10:28 AM »
What did you make of it? From what I have read you tell us you were given little choice with some off the women that Mila insisted you meet (even though you were paying). While it could be that she genuinely thought you might be a good match it could also be a case of squeezing more money out of the situation. Personally myself I think I would prefer to see the entirety of pics of girls available and take my pick, I mean she might only have a handful of girls available, lol- so hence they are up most of the time for most visiting guys, who knows.

I gave her some criteria (age,no child,etc) and she showed me the pictures of 10-12 women.Out of those women i chose 5.Two were out of town,so i was left with 3 and because Mila was insisting meeting lady2
i thought what the heck let's meet her.

Offline Dell

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2017, 03:15:43 AM »
Osis,

We can learn a lot from bad experiences. I know for me, I will not use an introduction service again. I think we will have more success using websites. I hope you have better luck on your next trip!

Offline osis

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2017, 03:18:57 AM »
Osis, did you ever look and read here?

Pursuing FSUW 101. The procedures and the dating websites.
In "Starting Out" section.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

Bookmarked over a year ago,joined some websites.Next trip probably to women from those sites.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1909
Total: 1920

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM