It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is Putin a dictator for life? and should ML attack every single Russian girl?  (Read 13714 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Isn't this line of argumentation a little silly, considering it is one of your favorite arguments when it comes to Trump, (Obama or Hillary) do it too! 

Fathertime!

Not at all,

1. A similar investigation into Obama without evidence of a crime
just to see if he did anything wrong would cause riots in the streets.
I never said or implied that Obama did something wrong to get elected,
What I said is that the left would have burned down cities IF HE WERE
INVESTIGATED WITH NO EVIDENCE OF WRONG DOING.

2. There is no evidence that Trump did anything wrong in relation
to Russians. There is evidence that Hillary did, but look at who is
being investigated.

In both situations there is NO evidence against Trump. Therefore
it's not an "others did it too argument."

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Not at all,

1. A similar investigation into Obama without evidence of a crime
just to see if he did anything wrong would cause riots in the streets.
I never said or implied that Obama did something wrong to get elected,
What I said is that the left would have burned down cities IF HE WERE
INVESTIGATED WITH NO EVIDENCE OF WRONG DOING.

2. There is no evidence that Trump did anything wrong in relation
to Russians. There is evidence that Hillary did, but look at who is
being investigated.

In both situations there is NO evidence against Trump. Therefore
it's not an "others did it too argument."

I think there is some evidence.  I imagine after the investigation is over, the public will know what the basis was for the investigation.  It wouldn't be appropriate to spill the beans before everything is sorted out a little more.  I don't see a problem with that. 
Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
I think there is some evidence.  I imagine after the investigation is over, the public will know what the basis was for the investigation.  It wouldn't be appropriate to spill the beans before everything is sorted out a little more.  I don't see a problem with that. 
Fathertime!

The Obama administration used it's justice department and FBI to spy on
a rival campaign, using fabricated stories paid for by a campaign that they
were friendly with. Then they used these fabricated stories as a basis for
an investigation that is still going on today.

They did this to undermine a duly elected President of the United States.

If there was ANY evidence of a crime it would have been made public.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline fathertime

The Obama administration used it's justice department and FBI to spy on
a rival campaign, using fabricated stories paid for by a campaign that they
were friendly with. Then they used these fabricated stories as a basis for
an investigation that is still going on today.

I don't agree, any evidence would not necessarily be made public at this point.    Also many republicans would disagree with your version of events, and have determined the investigation has indeed been necessary.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Ah, BillyB - you 'know' him so well - you've clearly got each others' WhatsApp  ;)

Everybody is giving their opinion on how Putin thinks and acts yet you target me so I assume you disagree with what I said about Putin cares what his people think of him. You've always claimed you lived there more than others here and know the people well. I'm sure you know Putin well too.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

You've always claimed you lived there more than others here and know the people well. I'm sure you know Putin well too.

I can (mostly) understand what he says in Russian and see his activities in Russia and particularly, Sochi ..so Yep - I'm pretty sure I DO know better than you ...

Offline BillyB

I can (mostly) understand what he says in Russian and see his activities in Russia and particularly, Sochi ..so Yep - I'm pretty sure I DO know better than you ...

Yes, I know you lived there so you've practically grew up with Putin living in the same house. So translate for me what you are saying. Does Putin care about what his people think of him or not?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

Does Putin care about what his people think of him or not?

IMHO - he saw the revolutions in E.Germany and the fall of the USSR and set about making sure that e could stay in power and control the people

so NO - he doesn't care

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
The Obama administration used it's justice department and FBI to spy on a rival campaign, using fabricated stories paid for by a campaign that they were friendly with. Then they used these fabricated stories as a basis for an investigation that is still going on today.

Assuming that you're alluding to the Steele "dossier," where is your evidence that these stories were fabricated?  You've posted in the past that they weren't VERIFIED by someone else, or some organisation which may have been the appropriate authority, and therefore shouldn't have been acted upon.  I do actually agree with that to some extent, because verification of anything is normally prudent, but all the subsequent reports I've seen quoting European intelligence agencies do stress that they believe the information in Steele's dossier was correct.

The dossier (or whatever else you wish to call it) was presented long before Trump was elected.

Tell that to the team which prosecuted Al Capone.  Making such evidence public too early may not necessarily be the wisest, or safest, course for those involved.  Far better to have everything wrapped up before jumping in with indictments for all and sundry.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Assuming that you're alluding to the Steele "dossier,"

We moved this discussion to the Trump thread. I copied your quote
and answered it there
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Well it looks like with the spy assassination/attempts in the UK visas to Russia & vice versa may get hit. We will know more on Wednesday & thereafter when the UK is expected to take action. With the Russian missile program viewing Florida/US as a target things aren't looking too rosy there either. The way things are going if they continue this way we could be looking at a new cold war. Either way I'm thinking it's not looking great for those on here with women in Russia. If we end back in a situation where visas are severely restricted then they may be cit off altogether.

Putin is up for re-election but it looks like it's all a phoney put up job and Putin will be re-elected as a matter of due course. Would be interesting to here what others on here make of all of this.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

Putin is up for re-election but it looks like it's all a phoney put up job

Do you think Putin will meddle in the Russian election?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Do you think Putin will meddle in the Russian election?

Well all the talk here on the news is that Putin presidential election is him up against a few candidates that have been let through because they stand no chance, all the contenders with a chance have been banned from running due to some trumped up reason or another. Hence Putin's re-election in a few days is seen as almost certain.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
Not all Putin's competitors are jailed.  He faced 3 opponents in the 2012 presidential election, and will face more in 2018.

The press is not totally controlled.  Television is totally controlled by the Russian government.

Not all his positions become law, either.  Look at debates in the Duma.  There is debate there, and at time, they descend into fistfights.  He has opponents who are never investigated, such as Zhirinovsky and Grudinin.

Protests are not illegal.  They have to be registered. 

The ballot this year was absent the typical "none of these listed" column.

The only meaningful opposition would have been Navalny, and while he would not have won a rigged election nor was he popular enough to win even an honest election-and this one was not, the possibility that he might have gotten 20 to 30% of the vote was enough to keep him off the ballot.

Zhirinovsky and Grudinin are there for window dressing. As long as they know their place, they give Russians the false sense that Russia has not yet fallen back into a one-party state.

As for candidate Kseniya Sobchak, I sat in a Russian jail one night in 2010 as an observer to make sure that she and another then-popular female opposition member were going to be okay. That Kseniya's late father Anatoly was at one time the boss and close friend of Mr. Putin's early political days in Piter, still allows her some flexibility, but if she ever became sufficient popular to really challenge the status quo, all bets are off. She no longer enjoys periodic holiday dinners with Mr Putin, but remains close to Ludmila, the ex first lady. This year I struggled internally as to whether she was really in the opposition, or had become a part of the window dressing along with Zhirinovsky, etc.

It could be argued that all the positions that are really important to him do become law.

As for protests, getting them registered is an uphill battle. Even if approved, pro-Kremlin rallies are granted prime real estate. Opposition rallies, rarely approved, are assigned to the swamps.

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1872
Total: 1883

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM