It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Issues of Little Importance  (Read 25129 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Miscellaneous Issues of Little Importance
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2018, 12:42:17 AM »
I had a short term contract in Toulouse, Republique Francaise
probably 10% of the employees in "aerospace alley" were young brits
I thought they had the most AMAZING life, bi-lingual, urbane, spent their holidays on the Côte d'Azur or skiing in the alps
not bad for middle class kids fresh out of university
and your country gave this up...

That's the problem, the deal with being in the EU is great for 'very middle class kids' but not so for working class and even lower middle class kids. If your in the latter group you are being penalised still further than your already not very well off background by struggling to get work from competing with East Europeans.

While the already well of kids get all the perks, hardly fair. It's why in London during the referendum Kensington & Chelsea were the only borough to vote Remain I believe in the whole of London, lol. It was hilarious when they show'd the reaction of the young Kensington & Chelsea Remain camp on TV when the Leave result came in they couldn't believe it - so wrapped up in cotton wool and remote from the real world most  British people have to live were they. Problem is they can't even fathom the everyday dread and butter issue again stake for those not as well off as them, which is a lot of the UK.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2018, 12:50:19 AM »
That's the problem, the deal with being in the EU is great for 'very middle class kids' but not so for working class and even lower middle class kids. If your in the latter group you are being penalised

Hmm, tell THAT to those working for Honda in Swindon, Nissan in Washington, Tyne and Wear, Toyota in Derbyshire, BMW in Oxford..... 

I know many of the workers voted leave - like Turkey's for Xmas - and may soon feel the heat from penalising themselves

Offline BC

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2018, 01:52:51 AM »
That's the problem, the deal with being in the EU is great for 'very middle class kids' but not so for working class and even lower middle class kids. If your in the latter group you are being penalised still further than your already not very well off background by struggling to get work from competing with East Europeans.

Admittedly I don't have any direct experience living in UK but was an employer in EU in the logistics/transport branch.  Hard work and dirty hands.  The local folks wouldn't have much of it even at a decent wage.  Hired mostly Turks, folks from the East and Italians.  Worked out quite well.  The Turks did not drink, those from the east worked tirelessly without complaint and the Italians were great with customers. They all showed up at the right time and went home when the job was finished.

I rate your assessment at three and half bollocks.. with one extra for not having any direct experience as employer.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2018, 04:14:31 AM »
Hmm, tell THAT to those working for Honda in Swindon, Nissan in Washington, Tyne and Wear, Toyota in Derbyshire, BMW in Oxford..... 

I know many of the workers voted leave - like Turkey's for Xmas - and may soon feel the heat from penalising themselves
Do you know them, then, seeing as you speak so authoritatively for them?

Offline msmob

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2018, 05:59:57 AM »
Do you know them, then, seeing as you speak so authoritatively for them?

I DO know guys who work for Honda in Swindon, BMW in Oxford / Swindon and in Washington Tyne and Wear - YES.... ( In the last 10 years I've lived in Oxford, the N.E and back to Glos'shire - not so far from Swindon - over the 'border' in Wilts

Many of 'em voted  'leave' and only have themselves to blame if investment stops or they lose out to mainland European plants

Now that we've established that - do you have an issue with what I posted - or ?...

Swindon / Wilts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36616088

Nissan in the N.East - the workers are still sleep-walking into losing their jobs

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/30/its-blackmail-really-nissan-employees-on-the-brexit-compensation-demand

Derbyshire votes leave and Rolls Royce  & Toyota know better than their workers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36614187

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:09:26 AM by msmob »

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2018, 08:21:58 AM »
No sense of irony impairment.

As they would say in England 'Bloody Briliant'
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline msmob

« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2018, 08:29:14 AM »
What would be 'Bloody Brilliant' ..if you could point out anything dishonest I've posted .... 

:popcorn:

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2018, 11:45:10 AM »
I DO know guys who work for Honda in Swindon, BMW in Oxford / Swindon and in Washington Tyne and Wear - YES.... ( In the last 10 years I've lived in Oxford, the N.E and back to Glos'shire - not so far from Swindon - over the 'border' in Wilts

Many of 'em voted  'leave' and only have themselves to blame if investment stops or they lose out to mainland European plants

Now that we've established that - do you have an issue with what I posted - or ?...

Swindon / Wilts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36616088

Nissan in the N.East - the workers are still sleep-walking into losing their jobs

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/30/its-blackmail-really-nissan-employees-on-the-brexit-compensation-demand

Derbyshire votes leave and Rolls Royce  & Toyota know better than their workers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36614187
Oh, I most certainly do have an issue as all you’ve established is that you may or may not know a few individuals who may or may not work for these companies.
You have a history of littering pretty much every thread going with your immutable POV and never accepting that other people have povs that differ from yours.
BT exit hasn’t happened yet. Let’s wait and see what actually happens instead of pretending your interpretation of the situation as the only valid one around.

As for the BBC, well, the less said the better,

Offline msmob

« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2018, 12:19:14 PM »
Oh, I most certainly do have an issue as all you’ve established is that you may or may not know a few individuals who may or may not work for these companies.

Hmm, so  you didn't bother  reading the links - as whether you believe the BBC - or me - the FACT is these were places were the firms suggested voting remain was 'sensible' and the workers responded with two fingers.. Exactly the point I made. I long since stopped worrying when an internet stranger suggested I was being 'economical with the truth - when the opposite is true - as to whom I had engaged with, previously

You have a history of littering pretty much every thread going with your immutable POV and never accepting that other people have povs that differ from yours.

Whilst that might even be true - and I make no apology - in this case the only opinion was that the workers were - like Turkeys  - voting for Christmas ...

You seem to be taking issue with the fact that I know people who work at 3 of the plants and their then ( and some
 - even now  - diverging opinion on Brexit and their long-term futures)

BT exit hasn’t happened yet. Let’s wait and see what actually happens instead of pretending your interpretation of the situation as the only valid one around.

I'm hardly 'pretending' or hiding my opinion  - to me it's common sense ( or lack of ) - 'opinion' based on geo-economic realities 

As for the BBC, well, the less said the better,

You won't be surprised that it is my opinion that you are mistaken in your possibly doubting the veracity of the BBC - you seem to have trust issues ;) 

What pray, was non factual re their reporting of the results and the risks to their futures - should Brexit bring tariffs and interrupt just in time stock deliveries and freedom of movement of workers ?

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2018, 01:35:28 PM »
Here you go.  This summarizes many trials. 

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02432287

Here's another one -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5943638/

Totally anecdotal, but my grandmother took metformin for 25 years, until she was moved to insulin.  She lived to 91, oldest in her family.

That isn't what maxx said. He said:

Quote from: maxx
Taking Metformin is not so much about treatment or prevention of diabetes but the extension of your "health span."

That's what I was referring to. That's wholly contrary to any intent of the prescription of this drug you can presently read anywhere. .

As for your links, all that really said, including TAME (which I already read on maxx's post) is that results, both on animal testing and controlled sampled group prescribed with Metformin, showed *promising* signs that it can slow down *age-related* diseases as well. But with disclaimers i.e. continued testing. That's hardly *conclusive science* to me. Considering the drug had been around since post-WW I after all.

As for your 91 year old grandma, I'm happy she lived that long. Good on her!

But what I'm amazed about is, you seem to have a relative that stretches, or touch, every subject discussed on this board to help you support your point? Curious, I'd like to know from you, was any of your *relative* on Apollo 11 ( that no one else knew about) so you can tell us authoritatively that Neil did in fact landed on the moon? Of course, anecdotally is fine.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 01:45:51 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2018, 01:47:45 PM »
Hmm, so  you didn't bother  reading the links - as whether you believe the BBC - or me - the FACT is these were places were the firms suggested voting remain was 'sensible' and the workers responded with two fingers.. Exactly the point I made. I long since stopped worrying when an internet stranger suggested I was being 'economical with the truth - when the opposite is true - as to whom I had engaged with, previously

Whilst that might even be true - and I make no apology - in this case the only opinion was that the workers were - like Turkeys  - voting for Christmas ...

You seem to be taking issue with the fact that I know people who work at 3 of the plants and their then ( and some
 - even now  - diverging opinion on Brexit and their long-term futures)

I'm hardly 'pretending' or hiding my opinion  - to me it's common sense ( or lack of ) - 'opinion' based on geo-economic realities 

You won't be surprised that it is my opinion that you are mistaken in your possibly doubting the veracity of the BBC - you seem to have trust issues ;) 

What pray, was non factual re their reporting of the results and the risks to their futures - should Brexit bring tariffs and interrupt just in time stock deliveries and freedom of movement of workers ?
Everything you’ve written I can respond to with two words.
PROJECT FEAR
Nothing more need be said. That’s all you remainers have, so desperate are you to hang on to your European dream. Thank goodness, it’ll soon be a distant memory.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2018, 02:22:39 PM »
I’d read about Metformin as diabetes occurs on both sides of my family.  The University of Alabama is raising money to study the issue further. A UK study did conclude Metformin pronlongues life. I never stated my opinion on the issue as I don’t have one.

I don’t post on every topic on the forum, but even if I did, if you don’t like it put me on ignore. I’m not here to please you. Incidentally I’m still waiting for all those posts you stated I’ve made evidencing my “expertise” on all things US. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:35:26 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2018, 02:34:31 PM »
Edited to address Boethius's edited post being addressed.

I’d read about Metformin as diabetes occurs on both sides of my family.

No relative aboard Apollo 11 then?

Quote from:  edited post by Boethius
...The University of Alabama is raising money to study the issue further...

So you agree, inconclusive science at this time.

A UK study did conclude Metformin pronlongues life. I never stated my opinion on the issue as I don’t have one.

Yup. If you're a mouse.

I’m still waiting for all those posts you stated I’ve made on the US.

Which one you'd like for me to start with linked with CNN/Yahoo/..or? How'bout that dandy with the whole dossier that you bit into hook, line and sinker. Will that suffice?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 03:35:49 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2018, 02:36:33 PM »
I never stated I had an opinion on the dossier. Go ahead and link the posts that say otherwise.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2018, 02:53:01 PM »
I never stated I had an opinion on the dossier. Go ahead and link the posts that say otherwise.

:ROFL:  No?!?

So, you just had a rush of excitement having to post...what....half a dozen or so posts with CNN links on rapid succession in a very short amount of time because you actually *believed it proved DJT's Russian collusion*? LMAO! C'mon, been through this exercise with you. You were engaged in that thread to prove there was in fact irrefutable proof in Steele's dossier. That's why posted them. You weren't just passing through like the wind.

You even linked those posts for me last time I commented that it fascinate me to no end how folks NOT living inside the US could possibly know *more* about what's really going on here, more than folks living inside its borders, fueled only by Google.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:55:01 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2018, 03:57:27 PM »
Feel better? 

I have never posted an opinion on life in the US. I have posted I am perplexed by US gun culture.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 04:01:00 PM by Boethius »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2018, 04:06:33 PM »
Feel better?

Indifferent.

I have never posted an opinion on life in the US. I have posted I am perplexed by US gun culture.

BS.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2018, 04:11:25 PM »
Then link all these posts where I have professed my expertise.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2018, 04:33:40 PM »
Then link all these posts where I have professed my expertise.

Cute. Restructure the question to intentionally mislead.

Seriously, how can one be *perplexed* over anything without having an 'opinion' one way or another? How can one participate and engage, and at times intensely, in a discussion - accompanied at time with US media links - in support one's view, if one is void of having an *opinion* one way or another?

All I have to do is post the link of this entire site, search Boethius Posts, and bwalla - task completed.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 04:35:35 PM by GQBlues »

Offline The Natural

« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2018, 04:58:41 PM »
Cute. Restructure the question to intentionally mislead.

Seriously, how can one be *perplexed* over anything without having an 'opinion' one way or another? How can one participate and engage, and at times intensely, in a discussion - accompanied at time with US media links - in support one's view, if one is void of having an *opinion* one way or another?

All I have to do is post the link of this entire site, search Boethius Posts, and bwalla - task completed.

Carefull now or, voila, you're censored or out of the game completely....

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2018, 05:15:43 PM »

Perplexed by gun culture, or perplexed by gun violence in America?  They are two totally different things.

Virtually all of gun violence in America is gang violence, but the PC left wingers don't want to admit that.  Most gun violence is black on black, or Latinos.  The media won't give that any press time, but they go nuts every time a white person shoots someone, and then they try to portray all gun violence in America as caused by whites.

I saw a thing once that said America was like number 2 in the world in gun deaths.  But if you subtracted out 6 cities, St. Louis, New Orleans, DC, Chicago, and a couple others, the US would be 189th out of 192 countries for gun deaths.

Deer hunters in America are the worlds largest army.  Not only are they they largest army, I think they are larger than every other army in the world combined.  Something like 14 million deer hunters.  There are an estimated 100 million gun owners in America.

Americans never have to worry about being invaded by a foreign army, because we have too many guns in the hands of civilians.  Most Americans think twice about committing crimes of violence, because they know their neighbors are well armed and are willing to kill you to protect themselves.  They will not allow themselves to be victimized.  Americans have the ability to overthrow our government if it gets too corrupt, and constitutionally permitted to have guns for that very purpose.  Would there have been the Holodymyr is every Ukrainian had a gun?  Would Stalin have been able to kill 30-50 million people in the gulags if everyone had a gun?  How many million people would Hitler have not killed if everyone had a gun?  Would Chairman Mao have killed 50-100 million people if everyone in China owned a gun? 

Most of America is full of responsible gun owners.  You run into problems when you have low IQ ethnicities (which have IQ ranges especially prone to violence) like blacks and Latinos and low IQ inner city white gangbangers.  (Average IQ in inner cities is one standard deviation lower than in suburbs for all ethnicities.  Whites are 85, blacks are 70, etc.  'Smart' blacks with an average black IQ of 85 move to suburbs.) 
THAT is gun culture in America.

If you want to address gun violence in America, you need to address low IQ populations, and areas with a high disparity in income, the haves and have nots.  There is no easy solution to that.  (Keep in mind that the US military will not accept anyone with an IQ of 83 or less.  They are too stupid to even be cannon fodder.  There is no job in the military they can be trained to do.  If you accept the proposition that the military is a rough approximation of jobs in society, that means that there is no job 15% of the population is capable of, since 15% of the population has an IQ that low or less.  It also explains why 15% of the population is on welfare.  The average American black IQ is 85 (which explains why 80% of black kids in America will grow up in a home that receives food stamps at some point.)  The average Latino has an IQ around 90.  As society gets more advanced, jobs will require higher and higher levels of cognitive function.  There is no easy solution for the less intelligent people.  As they see others having more blessings and wealth, the have nots will turn more and more to violent ends.  If they don't have a gun, they will use a knife or a club or a rock.  Guns are a means to an end, and not the problem itself.)

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2018, 05:35:11 PM »
Just in case you think Bee Farmer is fanning the flames of racial divide. Here's some interesting facts.

Most gun violence is gang violence.
http://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/gun-violence/pages/welcome.aspx#gangs
http://www.heritage.org/crime-and-justice/commentary/here-are-8-stubborn-facts-gun-violence-america

Blacks representing 13% of the US population commit more than 51% of all murders and 53% of all robberies.
http://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/tables/table-43

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »
Quote from: Bee Farmer
Perplexed by gun culture, or perplexed by gun violence in America?  They are two totally different things.

Wait till she rebut your post with a CNN link.

I had previously posted on this board before that cited a report by DHHS that blacks were the biggest welfare recipient, all in all. *Whites* number then had to be 'revised' the following year to include Cubans, Puerto Ricans and Middle-Eastern folks to make that number look a little sane. Asian, which was at less than 2%, was modified and added Pakistan et al..to elevate it to 4%

Less than 14% of the population but represents the majority of welfare assistance recipients. Which makes the whole 'kneeling' drama for the National Anthem incredibly ridiculous, if not downright stupid. Yet, the liberal media and its politicians love languishing on this stupidity. Inequality, my butt.

But you can't state these facts because if you do, snowflakes will be up in arms screaming 'Racist'!, their default reaction. I've been called that here twice.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:20:30 PM by GQBlues »

Offline The Natural

« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2018, 07:06:18 PM »
Wait till she rebut your post with a CNN link.

I had previously posted on this board before that cited a report by DHHS that blacks were the biggest welfare recipient, all in all. *Whites* number then had to be 'revised' the following year to include Cubans, Puerto Ricans and Middle-Eastern folks to make that number look a little sane. Asian, which was at less than 2%, was modified and added Pakistan et al..to elevate it to 4%

Less than 14% of the population but represents the majority of welfare assistance recipients. Which makes the whole 'kneeling' drama for the National Anthem incredibly ridiculous, if not downright stupid. Yet, the liberal media and its politicians love languishing on this stupidity. Inequality, my butt.

But you can't state these facts because if you do, snowflakes will be up in arms screaming 'Racist'!, their default reaction. I've been called that here twice.

Read it twice and still can't figure out what you mean. Sure, I'm not native and sure as Jay, who prefers non-drinkers like Adolf Hitler, I admit that I've had a few which apparently is anti-nazi. But as I don't understand and still am interested in what you're trying to say (contrary to anything Jay the gay has to say), please tell me in plain words. What do you mean, man?

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2018, 08:00:49 PM »
on the value of militias

last instances of militias being deployed by the US were Battles of Baltimore (Ball’mer) and New Oreleans (Narlins) over 200 years ago 

militias were required because in 1812 the US standing army was only 7,000 strong or roughly equal to the strength of MS-13 and Sinaloa cartels today

By the time of the First American Civil War (getting ahead of myself, the second one hasn’t happened yet in your timeline) militias were unnecessary as the US could equip and deploy a sufficient number of armed men

In the 20th century, militias were more or less fully state equipped, some prominent examples were:

1. british homeguard, armed and uniforms issued by her majesty
2. german volkssturm, civilian clothes, arms issued by noted author of “Mein Kampf”
3. various resistance groups, Philippines for example - armed, led by US government

Partisan groups are simple to defeat, google “Oradour-sur-Glane” if you don’t think so
what will happen to the dear deer hunters, if they poach an occupier and the next day, the occupiers round up 100 people including Trump supporters and children and execute them on the same spot, and then they exclaim, that next time it’s 200, which side in your inestimable opinion blinks first?

when General Isoroku Yamamoto was factoring his war plans against the USA, he knew that he could never successfully invade the US mainland, it was never seriously considered

supply lines from Japan could easily be severed, US had bases from Alaska to Panama

If somehow all these bases were wiped out, B-17s/B-24s could fly raids from central Nevada and attack Japanese coastal shipping while being out of range of Japanese carrier planes
out of a list of 10 factors that would indicate that such an attack would not be feasible, deer hunters weren’t on the list, it was actually below, “no more hollywood movies”

now that I’ve diverted the attention of you ignorant savages

time to soothe the savage beast in the time honored way

a one-two-three - hit it boys!

Отава Ё – Сумецкая (русские частушки под драку
this has replaced “Born in the SSSR” as Russian Redneck Nirvana, much better IMHO

Veerle Baetens - OMG, heard her couple of months ago

and

had no idea there was such a thing as Dutch people playing “country western” mind blown

while in Amsterdam, you may find in the “Smart Shops” an item known as “truffles” these are NOT the culinary kind, I recommend the “Hawaiian” and eat the whole pack
and if you happen to be fortunate to be engaged in this activity while Heilung Krigsgaldr is visitin, well aren’t you the lucky one

skip the beginning and go to 1:10

all right now go and “talk amongst yourselves” and don’t make me have to come back here and catch y’all picking on BO, I mean it...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2263
Total: 2274

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM