It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317380 times)

Offline Belvis

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #850 on: April 01, 2020, 02:59:02 AM »
Wife says that Russian news is stating that Russia is sending Medical Equipment and Supplies to USA.  And that Donald has thanked Putin.

I did google search and found no such thing.

Anyone else know anything about this?

If Russia does offer to send us anything . . . I hope we REFUSE.

It would be too great of a trophy for Putin and . . . they would expect MUCH, MUCH more back from us when the virus really hits them.

A lot of references like this one: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/coronavirus-russia-sends-plane-full-of-medical-supplies-to-us
Your approach is biased, that means far from reality. It's OK for social media, acceptable in politics and  but causes failure in business.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #851 on: April 01, 2020, 03:26:15 AM »
Hate to be a complainer, but . . .

ML, sorry to hear you're not, yet, fully, recovered and I doubt anyone on here thinks you are complaining

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #852 on: April 01, 2020, 03:27:34 PM »
Wife had minor computer problem that I solved for her.
She is so wrapped up in school work, and behind due to her care for me, that she said nothing.

So I said:  Where is my thank you?
She said:  Thank you.
Pressing on, I said:  Where is our sex?
She said: In Quarantine.

Of course it is myself, not her, that can't fully participate in such.

TMI ?

IDK !

I still enjoyed her quick wit.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #853 on: April 02, 2020, 10:25:22 AM »
Unbelievable.

In my 100 years or so as citizen of USA, I have never been called for jury duty.

As I reported here back in 2015 or so, Ukrainian wife got mail notice to fill out form and report for jury duty.  I think they got her name from marriage license filing or from DMV.

My idea was confirmed, after a phone call to county, that non USA citizens could not serve on juries.

So that jury duty was avoided.

Now wife is USA citizen; and yesterday she got another notice to fill out form and report for jury duty . . . in May I think.

That will be when she will want to be in Ukraine . . . depending on how Corona plays out.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #854 on: April 02, 2020, 01:25:39 PM »
Back in December 2019, I told of program at Capital One where you could earn $1,000 bonus by opening a new account and adding at least $150,000 before Dec 31st, and keeping that minimum for 90 days. 

That program no longer exists, of course, but they have new program.
Same as above except earn $500 bonus for $50,000 account opened and funded before 15 April, 2020.

I can't do this because not available to anyone who has previously opened account since 2016.

New program:

http://www.capitalone.com/new500/

I need to search around to see what is available at other financial institutions.

Would love to dump a bunch of cash into Stock Index fund now, but too risky for wife and we are accumulating cash to buy new house, if she takes a university job somewhere else in a year or so.

Offline ML

« Reply #855 on: April 15, 2020, 10:16:07 AM »
$2,400 went into our bank account today.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #856 on: April 15, 2020, 10:30:09 AM »

That's fast. Check your online bank info to see if Trump's name is next to the money deposited.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #857 on: April 15, 2020, 12:11:03 PM »
Trump's name will only appear on paper checks
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline BillyB

« Reply #858 on: April 15, 2020, 12:38:36 PM »
Trump's name will only appear on paper checks

Checks are going out next week according to the news video below. Fake News said Trump isn't legally authorized to sign the checks leaving their readers to believe the checks are no good and will bounce. Video also said 80 million Americans will get their money today.  :clapping:  Money is spreading faster than the virus.  :clapping:

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #859 on: April 15, 2020, 03:23:30 PM »
$2,400 went into our bank account today.

:ROFL:

I think that's my max limit for my Trump Campaign donation. Wifey and I are on the wrong trades, we don't even get a 'good job' letter from the IRS.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

« Reply #860 on: April 15, 2020, 03:44:19 PM »
I also received a credit to my bank account identified merely as "IRS TREAS TAX REF ON 04/15." 

No "good job' letter either.  However, I did receive a visit at home from two stone-faced men resembling modern day versions of the agents seen on HBO's "The Plot Against America."  They questioned whether I was doing my part.  They also asked  if I knew of any suspicious behavior related to the pandemic emergency.  I mentioned krimster, and they replied they already knew about him. 

Offline jone

« Reply #861 on: April 15, 2020, 04:49:34 PM »
:ROFL:

I think that's my max limit for my Trump Campaign donation. Wifey and I are on the wrong trades, we don't even get a 'good job' letter from the IRS.

The IRS only has two questions for me:   How much have you got?  and When can we get it?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #862 on: April 15, 2020, 06:09:58 PM »
Checks are going out next week according to the news video below. Fake News said Trump isn't legally authorized to sign the checks leaving their readers to believe the checks are no good and will bounce. Video also said 80 million Americans will get their money today.  :clapping:  Money is spreading faster than the virus.  :clapping:

Sorry to burst your bubble Billy but Trump is not signing the checks. His name is appearing on the Memo line. He cannot legally sign those checks...... :rolleyes:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #863 on: April 15, 2020, 06:48:32 PM »
Sorry to burst your bubble Billy but Trump is not signing the checks.

Doesn't matter. Mission accomplished for fake news. Some people probably not going to vote for Trump now since they were educated Trump signed the checks and consequently, the checks got delayed.

Offline ML

« Reply #864 on: April 15, 2020, 06:53:49 PM »
I never read or heard anywhere that Donald would sign the checks.

I only heard that Donald's name would be somewhere on the checks.
I guess it will be in the Memo section in bottom left hand corner.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #865 on: April 15, 2020, 08:48:50 PM »
I never read or heard anywhere that Donald would sign the checks.

I only heard that Donald's name would be somewhere on the checks.
I guess it will be in the Memo section in bottom left hand corner.

You must've read real news. You must've not read Gator's cut and paste from an article saying "It will be the first time a president's signature appears on an IRS disbursement"

Here's a few articles questioning Trump's signature move and/or the legality of it. They're victims of fake news or they took the Washington Post article and twisted the story some more to get people pissed at Trump.

http://www.ccn.com/trumps-stupid-decision-to-sign-stimulus-checks-will-backfire/

http://www.citizensforethics.org/trump-signing-coronavirus-checks-is-nonsensical-and-probably-illegal/

NY Times even posted a photo of Trump's signature in their article to show us what it will look like on the check

http://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/us/politics/stimulus-check-trump-signature.html

Offline jone

« Reply #866 on: April 16, 2020, 01:49:08 AM »
Abraham Lincoln's signature was not required on the resolution that went through the House and the Senate, abolishing slavery.   But he signed anyway as an affirmative endorsement of the resolution.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #867 on: April 17, 2020, 07:33:28 PM »
Wife insists on spending a lot of effort in making this a few times every year.
Much, much kneading of the dough.

A lot of time to make something which is fairly bland tasting.

Offline msmob

« Reply #868 on: April 17, 2020, 11:02:24 PM »
I find adding Amoretto helps  :shh:

Offline ML

« Reply #869 on: April 18, 2020, 07:41:10 AM »
Looks like a good idea.

Offline Gator

« Reply #870 on: April 18, 2020, 09:13:14 AM »

My wife's paska is okay, "just okay" as the commercial goes.  Part of the allure is the aroma from kneading and curing.   

It is something like fruit cake but drier.  As with fruit cake, and as Moobs suggested, flavored alcohol helps.  My wife uses a fine dark rum (DIPLOMATICA RESERVA EXCLUSIVA, which is a superb sippin' rum from Venezuela and has displaced cognac from the No. 1 place at our home). 

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #871 on: April 18, 2020, 10:17:23 AM »
You must've read real news. You must've not read Gator's cut and paste from an article saying "It will be the first time a president's signature appears on an IRS disbursement"

Here's a few articles questioning Trump's signature move and/or the legality of it. They're victims of fake news or they took the Washington Post article and twisted the story some more to get people pissed at Trump.

http://www.ccn.com/trumps-stupid-decision-to-sign-stimulus-checks-will-backfire/

http://www.citizensforethics.org/trump-signing-coronavirus-checks-is-nonsensical-and-probably-illegal/

NY Times even posted a photo of Trump's signature in their article to show us what it will look like on the check

http://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/us/politics/stimulus-check-trump-signature.html

Dude, re-read your own posting. His signature will appear on the checks. They will not be on the authorized signature line. Keep drinking that Trump cool-aid , lol.
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #872 on: April 18, 2020, 11:51:19 AM »

Dude, re-read your own posting. His signature will appear on the checks. They will not be on the authorized signature line. Keep drinking that Trump cool-aid , lol.

Trump Kool aid? It's the media that is making a big deal about it and can't get their story right. A few articles posted and what Gator read in a cut and paste said signature will be on the checks but ABC news link below and many others like it says Trump's name will be on it but not the signature. ML hasn't read a story that Trump will have his signature on the checks. Every day the news media makes a big deal out of nothing story. I figure the 2+ years of fake news Trump/Russia collusion stories would've taught them a lesson  but it seems their liberals readers enjoy those stories so they continue to get fed.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/apparently-unprecedented-move-treasury-includes-trumps-coronavirus-stimulus/story?id=70162533

In other news, not as important, there is a worldwide pandemic caused by the pathogen of the century.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #873 on: April 18, 2020, 02:13:17 PM »

Billy has appointed himself chief of the 'fake' news patrol so he sees it everywhere. Thank God for Billy. If not for him, none of us would have any idea what's really going on in the world.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #874 on: April 18, 2020, 07:03:31 PM »

Hmm, our paskas are always sweet, not bland.  We don't make them with icing sugar - always a cross on top, and an egg white wash so the top is shiny.  Never any alcohol, either.

If your wife made great paska in Ukraine, and not so great here, it's probably because American flour is different (it is - it's even different from Canadian flour, and I have found that a locally produced flour is the best), the butter is very different (I can confirm), even the yeast is different (in Ukraine, live yeast is used mostly, which is somewhat like our sourdough starters).  She should read some paska recipes online, posted by Americans, to determine if ratios need to be adjusted.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 07:06:55 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1865
Total: 1876

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM