It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439937 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1475 on: March 28, 2020, 05:12:46 AM »

Moby rarely reads ANY link Trench posts...given they are 'agenda' driven tosh...  a bit like reading anything from one of your daughter's hero....

I have witnessed enough stuff Muppets read and quote as 'how the future will be'...

Unlike Trench, I do get the need to control movement and EU directives allow the refusal of entry of non citizens ( not non residents) if during a time when they can be considered a risk to Public Health or Hygiene...

Funny how is your 'Freedom of Movement' in the EU now Mobe? Think you'll find it pretty non-existant in present circumstances. Though you could always try sending SC through to guinea pig it out ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1476 on: March 28, 2020, 05:29:10 AM »
Funny how is your 'Freedom of Movement' in the EU now Mobe? Think you'll find it pretty non-existant in present circumstances. Though you could always try sending SC through to guinea pig it out ;D

'Thank you' for  demonstrating your 'reading comprehension capabilities', Trench

SC is ( hopefully ) safer at our home than being stuck in Thailand, FR and CY ..

To be clear ... I PERFECTLY understand the need to close borders and control who comes in ..  I have no wish to waste any passport control officers' time at this unique moment in our lives..

Offline BC

« Reply #1477 on: March 28, 2020, 05:49:37 AM »
On another note, Germany who has a lot of intensive care capacity has been accepting ICU cases from Italy and offered to accept dozens more. Some German doctors going south to help out in the worst-hit Italian regions.  A German respirator company sent a hundred respirators flown down by their air force. Czech Republic is sending PPE.  France sent a couple hundred thousand PPE suits and a million masks.  Luxembourg and Germany are helping France with its intensive care patients.

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #1478 on: March 28, 2020, 06:16:18 AM »

Moby rarely reads ANY link Trench posts...given they are 'agenda' driven tosh... a bit like reading anything from one of your daughter's hero....

I have witnessed enough stuff Muppets read and quote as 'how the future will be'...

Unlike Trench, I do get the need to control movement and EU directives allow the refusal of entry of non citizens ( not non residents) if during a time when they can be considered a risk to Public Health or Hygiene...

I read this and took note.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1479 on: March 28, 2020, 07:15:48 AM »
For the doom and gloom brigade on here,

The 21 year old girl in  England who was eagerly reported to have died from Corona virus without any underlying health issues, didn't actually have errr Corona virus.

The Coroner said she had ,because he'd heard she'd had a cough,but the hospital treating her said she didn't have the virus and had never tested positive for it.

She is NOT included in the figures for Corona virus deaths.

The poor girl actually died from a Heart attack.

The media are very quick to put out scare stories without checking the facts...just like on here actually.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 07:31:54 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1480 on: March 28, 2020, 07:32:50 AM »
In California, the governor yesterday has closed all beaches, and Hiking trails.  The quarantine continues to be ignored by many for frivolous reasons.  I would think the hospitals have the capacity to handle what it appears will be a surge in the coming week, but we will soon find out if our blase attitude comes back to bite us.   

All in all the numbers of infected have been steadily growing, although the number of deaths hasn't hit levels like Italy or Spain. 

While some say the virus infection grows exponentially, that doesn't appear to have been the case to this point.  If the spread were exponential the world would already have hit tens of millions or even billions by now, even with the 'social distancing' routine which wasn't stressed until later in the game. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1481 on: March 28, 2020, 07:36:52 AM »
Yep already more than enough Mobettes for the world to endure ;D

Though that said you might not want to come out of hiding from your Mother's basement after you read this Mobers:

I've lost track of who is living in the basement.  I seem to recall it was you living in the basement (To save duckets of course  ;)  )  now you are reporting that it has been mobers all along in the basement. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1482 on: March 28, 2020, 07:49:17 AM »
Here in the UK there is now a social distancing proceedure in Supermarkets similar to what Italy had I believe. I did it yesterday when I visited my local ASDA Supermarket Superstore, you wait outside two metres apart then go into the Supermarket in a one out, one in, basis. In the supermarket most then try and keep two metres apart and you get what you need, the tills are organised on the same basis. The measures do mean that there was a lot more stock on the shelves this week to last week when the supermarkets all ended up looking like they had been ransacked. Still out of most of the in demand items, hand wash, sanitizer, etc. A packs of toilet paper left, this was about 3-4pm in the afternoon so guessing they would be gone by the evening. I've already got loads of that stuff stored up so didn't get anymore. Only one person was allowed in at a time, no couples, but I guess they could split up previously or possibly an elderly person & their helper.

Big question remains over whether stricter social isolation measures have a worthwhile effect or just pretty much needlessly muff up the economy. Part of the problem is that it takes a while before the effect of any new measures filter through as people who are already infected show up from before the new measures are announced for s week or two after.

I think the one exercise a day may have to go soon as it just brings too many people out and about. I think though any more shutting down off the economy may be counterproductive and leave us in the same economic sh*t as Germany, France, Italy, Spain, etc. I just glad we are out of the EU and so not going to have to stump up for that lot. No EU imposed bureaucratic economic burden package, hooray! :)

"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1483 on: March 28, 2020, 08:09:57 AM »

Professor Ferguson and Imperial College have now dropped their Corona virus death prediction for the UK from 500,000 to 20,000 to todays prediction of 5,700.

These are the bods who's previous predictions the UK has crashed its economy for.

Let's not forget the annual average for Flu deaths in the UK is 17,000.

Armageddon indeed.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:12:55 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Gator

« Reply #1484 on: March 28, 2020, 08:59:12 AM »

A perspective on how 'Trampu' has been handling this pandemic...

In ordinary times, discussing a nation's internal differences is important to making progress.  When facing a serious external threat, a nation bands together to defeat the threat.   

By addressing internal differences, the Guardian is distracting from the battle to protect world health and the subsequent battle to restart the global economy.   What purpose does it serve?   Does the Guardian deem the external threat is less important than our political differences?   

A day of reckoning is coming to judge governments and their leaders regarding how they addressed this external threat.  Until the corner is turned  and all facts are in, I question the value of dwelling on political differences.   The world is in the same boat.     

Interfering, how those who voted for this IDIOT cannot see his glaring faults..

Yes, interfering in the war against the epidemic.  Moby. if everyone is fighting the external threat, who are you going to fight? 

Offline msmob

« Reply #1485 on: March 28, 2020, 09:02:27 AM »

Professor Ferguson and Imperial College have now dropped their Corona virus death prediction for the UK from 500,000 to 20,000 to todays prediction of 5,700.

These are the bods who's previous predictions the UK has crashed its economy for.

Let's not forget the annual average for Flu deaths in the UK is 17,000.

Armageddon indeed.

"saying it like it is" ...and missing the whole success of social isolation ..

No social distancing 1 person can infect 450

with social distancing 15 ..

Penny dropping for you CB ...  ?  If you seek living and let live, Belarus may be the place for you .... Even Russia is waking up

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1486 on: March 28, 2020, 09:24:56 AM »
Lots of words, BillyB

But I can tell you haven't read the words in the article by your 'response..

"The teen was initially taken to an urgent care facility in Lancaster after he started experiencing respiratory issues
He was turned away because he didn't have insurance and was told to go to a public hospital instead but went into cardiac arrest en route"

If you read my post and comprehended it, you would notice I based my response from that line in the article.

If the guy was in serious condition, why did he go to a clinic since he was in serious condition and there are no emergency room doctors in a clinic and they don't take people without insurance or cash.

You liked Obamacare when it came out. It was supposed to "fix" everything.

At least Pence can communicate well and stay on one unified message, which is what the US needs. Trump is a distraction.  We now have a kitchen full of cooks with only one pot.  Trump wants to direct his 'greatest show', aim the spotlights on himself along with assuring his place in the credit lines.  It ain't coming off very well and will get worse as the crisis widens.

Trump and Pence are like the odd couple but they get along great, much better than Obama and Biden. The reason I know Pence and the others on Trump's team are working so hard with little sleep is because Trump praises them often. Pence never praises himself. And when Trump says his administration is doing a good job fighting the virus, he mentions it's because of the people behind him that makes it happen working hard for the American people. Regardless of fake news saying Trump doesn't listen to experts, Trump does listen and he's made good decisions based off what experts tell him. He hasn't closed the entire country but lets States and local leaders make the decisions. Trump's decision to not close the entire country delegates responsibility to many leaders and allows most people to remain working.

While some say the virus infection grows exponentially, that doesn't appear to have been the case to this point.  If the spread were exponential the world would already have hit tens of millions or even billions by now, even with the 'social distancing' routine which wasn't stressed until later in the game. 

The virus does grow exponentially like the flu. If we leave it alone like we leave the flu alone, it will grow exponentially. We have shut down our lives and economy to prevent it from growing exponentially. Although we have taken action, the virus has done a lot of damage. In the first 3 months it killed 14,000 people. In the next 5 days, it killed another 14,000 people. If we let it continue to grow exponentially, it'll kill that many people in a day, then in hours, and eventually in minutes. With that knowledge, people should understand the monumental efforts by governments to stop it's spread.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1487 on: March 28, 2020, 09:25:19 AM »
No self-isolation or social distancing or lockdowns in Belarus ?

Their first case was on 27th Feb,with 94 cases and no deaths up to today.

Will be very interesting for comparison purposes when this is all over.

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #1488 on: March 28, 2020, 10:08:47 AM »
I noticed 2 drastically different management of social distancing at 2 grocery stores yesterday.

At costco, they closed every other check out line.  A staff member manages each shopper trying to check out.  Lines are drawn on the floor to mark distances between each person, with a maximum of 3 per line.  Most lines have a staff member that places the items from the shopping cart to the conveyor, and they try to keep most items in the cart for the cashier to scan with a barcode gun.

At lines without the extra staff member, they spray and wipe the conveyor belt between each customer.  The cashier and customer service booths have plastic shields, and they wipe the credit card scanner between each customer, or ask the customer to hold their card above the scanner if the card has a contactless chip. 

At a local grocery store that is just across from my house, they are operating as normal.  They just provide a cleaning wipe dispenser at the entrance.  No markers, all lines open (as manned by cashiers), no markers or instructions for patrons to keep apart.

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #1489 on: March 28, 2020, 10:21:03 AM »
Lockdown,social distancing and self-isolation not going down well in Italy.

Riots are starting in Supermarkets as people are starving without money for food.

Meanwhile another 889 have died from the virus there in the last 24 hours.

5,974 new cases too,second highest in the last six days and not much lower than the peak of 6,557 which was 7 days ago...so very little sign of lockdown,social distancing and self-isolation actually working whilst the economy goes into meltdown.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:53:29 AM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 11:31:59 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline BC

« Reply #1491 on: March 28, 2020, 11:32:08 AM »
Indeed, no let up in Italy:

Obviously you are not reading prior posts, nor can appreciate what the attached graphs showing new cases means.

Offline BC

« Reply #1492 on: March 28, 2020, 11:39:40 AM »
When facing a serious external threat, a nation bands together to defeat the threat.   

Isn't it a bit unusual that Trump announces to the public he may quarantine several states today without even speaking to their governors about it? Says something like folks from NY are fleeing to infect FL. That is not the way to build unity or band the country together.  Instead, it creates a friend or foe environment.  Trump is not even trying to act like a leader, he is keeping up his blame game instead.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 11:43:44 AM by BC »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1493 on: March 28, 2020, 11:47:21 AM »
Riots are starting in Supermarkets as people are starving without money for food.

BC, isn't Italy providing citizens money for food like other Western nations are doing?

Chelseaboy, I read an article fruits and vegetables may run out without more workers in Britain. Those in the food industry are more important than those in the medical industry. We are only 3 meals away from anarchy. If people don't know where their next meal is coming from, there will be anarchy in the streets. Still early but all governments need to take early and continuous action to make sure food gets to everybody throughout this crisis.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fruit-veg-run-unless-britain-170530426.html

Spain's 640,000 Chinese test kits only have a 30% accuracy rating and will return them back to China. Czech Republic reported a 20% accuracy rating on Chinese test kits. Most people who are infected may be released back into the general population instead of quarantined do to the faulty results. Test kits that provide rapid results seem to make the most errors. No test kits are 100% accurate in the world. America's CDC requires at least an 80% sensitivity/accuracy. Inventing new tests for a new virus in record time is a recipe for disaster. There's no way we can identify every infected person on earth even if we had enough test kits for everybody.

http://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-spain-says-rapid-tests-sent-from-china-missing-cases-2020-3

Isn't it a bit unusual that Trump announces to the public he may quarantine several states today without even speaking to their governors about it?  That is not the way to build unity or band the country together.  Instead, it creates a friend or foe environment.  Trump is not even trying to act like a leader.

Not true. Watch Trump and Co press conference everyday. Pence, if not Trump, speaks with governors in hot spots everyday. Trump has not ordered a federal quarantine yet on states like NY but other states have already taken action. Rhode Island is using police and troops to prevent New Yorkers from entering their state. A lot of New Yorkers have second homes in other states and are avoiding sheltering in place by travelling outside the state. It is happening a lot to the point it's alarming governors in other states. Florida has a big problem with New Yorkers too.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rhode-island-police-troops-stopping-incoming-new-yorkers-force-quarantine-n1171106
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 11:49:57 AM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1494 on: March 28, 2020, 11:52:06 AM »
Obviously you are not reading prior posts, nor can appreciate what the attached graphs showing new cases means.

BC there may no longer be any continual increase in terms of the amount of new cases going up significantly but they are not decreasing either. It looks like Italy for the meanwhile is stuck with a continual level of new cases each day it can't seem to reduce, that is problem for Italy. It could take a long while to work its way through in Italy causing the economy to crash and still hammer it's health service. Many Doctors & Nurses there contracting Coronavirus of recent.

Offline BC

« Reply #1495 on: March 28, 2020, 12:00:13 PM »
BC, isn't Italy providing citizens money for food like other Western nations are doing?

Yes, but like in the US the check is in the mail.

Offline BC

« Reply #1496 on: March 28, 2020, 12:04:19 PM »
BC there may no longer be any continual increase in terms of the amount of new cases going up significantly but they are not decreasing either. It looks like Italy for the meanwhile is stuck with a continual level of new cases each day it can't seem to reduce, that is problem for Italy. It could take a long while to work its way through in Italy causing the economy to crash and still hammer it's health service. Many Doctors & Nurses there contracting Coronavirus of recent.

Again, this is expected.  It is what everyone wants, the flattening of the curve.  If it went up, then shortly thereafter went down it would mean that containment efforts were not effective.

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/03/22/science/11SCI-VIRUS-CURVE1/11SCI-VIRUS-TRACKER1-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

I expect this levelling off to run the next week or two, hopeful tailing off thereafter.

Offline BC

« Reply #1497 on: March 28, 2020, 12:06:34 PM »

Not true.

Guess you did not watch Cuomo answer the question if the president had spoken to him about the quarantine during his call today.  The reply was negative on that point, that no the topic of quarantine was not discussed.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1498 on: March 28, 2020, 12:19:07 PM »
Yes, but like in the US the check is in the mail.

Sucks you haven't got it yet.  Since the American government approved the relief bill yesterday, Trump said everybody should get checks in three weeks. There will be extra money for those who are unemployed. In Washington State, after one files for unemployment, the first week is not paid so after applying, it will be a week and a half before they see their first check that will be boosted an additional $600 a week by the federal government. I trust the American government to deliver on time.

Many Doctors & Nurses there contracting Coronavirus of recent.

That is becoming a problem. Infected medical personnel are taken out of the battle or even worse, kills them. I read an article 40 doctors in Italy have died. NY has 2 medical personnel that have died already. Governments have not reported how many medical professionals became infected while on the job but I'm sure it's many times more than those who died.

Guess you did not watch Cuomo answer the question if the president had spoken to him about the quarantine during his call today.  The reply was negative on that point, that no the topic of quarantine was not discussed.

Because NY is the hotspot of the USA, Cuomo probably gets the first call of the day. After the Trump administration talks to other governors, he learns their problems and their problems are coming from NY the same way NY's problems came from Europe, not China.  After Trump learns of other States problems, he suggested a quarantine of NY to prevent New Yorkers from leaving. Cuomo can continue to manage his state the way he sees fit but Trump has an obligation to protect all States. The media's narrative makes it sound like Trump doesn't communicate and does things to piss off governors and you're drinking their Kool Aid

From the article below.

Trump suggested that the purpose of the federally mandated quarantine would be to limit people from the New York area spreading the virus to other parts of the country, but some states have already put into place restrictions on out of state visitors from places that are considered hotspots.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is requiring people visiting from parts of Louisiana, New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to self-isolate for 14 days. Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo also ordered that anyone who has moved from New York state to Rhode Island in the past two weeks must self-quarantine for 14 days. Massachusetts and Texas have instituted similar restrictions and some counties in North Carolina are considering putting up roadblocks to keep out visitors, unless they prove they have a home or job inside the county.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-considering-enforceable-quarantine-n-y-parts-n-j-connecticut-n1171186

Offline BC

« Reply #1499 on: March 28, 2020, 01:08:19 PM »
Sucks you haven't got it yet.  Since the American government approved the relief bill yesterday, Trump said everybody should get checks in three weeks. There will be extra money for those who are unemployed. In Washington State, after one files for unemployment, the first week is not paid so after applying, it will be a week and a half before they see their first check that will be boosted an additional $600 a week by the federal government. I trust the American government to deliver on time.

Similar measures here.  Also announced that a half-billion or so will be distributed to local communities to distribute to those in need.

An aside, like my parents in the US, we'll be giving away our 'bonus' to those less fortunate.  I've already given a fair amount already to help a couple of immigrant families I don't even know well other than noting that they will likely be at the back of the line for .gov handouts.

That is becoming a problem. Infected medical personnel are taken out of the battle or even worse, kills them. I read an article 40 doctors in Italy have died. NY has 2 medical personnel that have died already. Governments have not reported how many medical professionals became infected while on the job but I'm sure it's many times more than those who died.

IIRC the count of health workers that have either died or are out sick is somewhere around 3000 so far.  Yes, working in a hospital is very risky, made even more so when protective gear is not available.  I expect across in the US thousands of healthcare workers are out.

Because NY is the hotspot of the USA, Cuomo probably gets the first call of the day. After the Trump administration talks to other governors, he learns their problems and their problems are coming from NY the same way NY's problems came from Europe, not China.  After Trump learns of other States problems, he suggested a quarantine of NY to prevent New Yorkers from leaving. Cuomo can continue to manage his state the way he sees fit but Trump has an obligation to protect all States. The media's narrative makes it sound like Trump doesn't communicate and does things to piss off governors and you're drinking their Kool Aid

According to Cuomo, Trump did not bring up the subject of quarantine in their call today.  Don't even have to ask Cuomo, just turn on the tv or change the channel for a few minutes.  It'll be on youtube soon as well.

[edit]  Here it is at the 49.27 mark

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:34:20 PM by BC »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1875
Total: 1886

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM