It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Asking this for a friend - How do they square this one?  (Read 13747 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Asking this for a friend - How do they square this one?
« on: December 10, 2019, 06:16:27 PM »
Ok, so this guy I know from work who has a couple of children was wondering how things would sit on him getting a FSW if he already has children and is undecided on wanting any more, though most probably not. I told him that a lot of FSW as far as I knew wanted a guy without children as they don't necesarily take too well to other peoples, but said I would enquire further (hence my question here ;)) He has not yet got involved in the FSU Dating scene, not even online but was just curious.

So I thuought I would pitch it to you guys to see your thoughts. Could he get a FSW without children, or more likely a FSW with children already? I know some cases of UK couples where adults with existing children get together and creating a family that works often with an interesting mix.

The guy is about my age in his early to mid forties and is reasonably well established in life (a bit better than me :D), own 3 bed house, decent income mid £25k or so.

I'm guessing some FSW who are over 40 who's chances of having kids aren't great might go for it, any thoughts on this?   
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Asking this for a friend - How do they square this one?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 06:33:55 PM »
Trench, I have children aged from 12-20 and if he’s looking for a woman from 36+ who has children of her own, in my experience it’s a advantage, especially if he’s a hands on father and has full or partial custody.

Women were amazed that I had full custody and realised that I would be a great step father or father for their children also (even late 30’s women without children). He’ll probably find he’s a better catch in their eyes than you who hasn’t been married, been in a long term relationship or has children. For k’s friend S, it was a constant concern that her English BF had been serially single and not married before.

If he still wants children there are a lot of women in their late 30’s and early 40’s that will be prepared to have more children and K was one of them who would consider it, unfortunately I’ve had a vasectomy (or fortunately).

I have a friend married to a Russian woman. He has a Russian step son, a son of his own and a child together. A month ago they announced they were pregnant and she’s 42. My Ex has twins at 41, so theirs nothing stopping older women having children now days, it’s very common.

Where it’s is a hinderance in my experience is attracting younger women without children, especially if you have 4 like I do..... but I don’t think it’s impossible for a confident man who’s determined.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 06:51:17 PM by Davo »

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 07:05:24 PM »
Trench
ya gotta understand how the kultura works in Russ-see-ya....
it’s all about the kapoosta baby....
and when it comes to kapoosta....
as a general rule, children from wife #1 and wife #2 have a CLEAR conflict of interest when the donkey dies....

for example, who gets the saddle?
children and poor ‘ole widow lady gonna’ fight over that danged saddle...
who wants that?
that’s why smart girls prefer a single dewd....

also in relationship algebra, if you got a negative like that on your side of the equation...
then you can expect the other side’s gonna probably have something similar to balance it...
cuz that’s how relationship algebra works...

the most certain way to cement a relationship with a Russian woman
is to HAVE kids with her, and not have her raise your first wife’s kids...
which NONE of ‘em are gonna be interested in...
cuz' there ain’t no Mother Teressa’s in Russ-see-ya, ya feel me bruv?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 07:07:14 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Davo

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 08:19:23 PM »
cuz' there ain’t no Mother Teressa’s in Russ-see-ya
, ya feel me bruv?

Krim you need to give Russian women more credit. K volunteers at an orphanage and raises lots of kids that aren’t hers and last year I met an amazing mother of 4 with the same motherly qualities on fdating. She had two 12 year old twins and also adopted an 8 and a 9 year old from an orphanage and she did this as a single mother after her divorce. 

Trying to sell yourself as a potential partner when you have 4 kids is far harder locally than in the FSU, although I mastered it locally, thanks to my kids. My first impressions on fdating was how nice it is for women to immediately accept a single father with children at home.

So regarding FSU women, It all depends on your children and how you portray your family life early on and baring in mind I’ve generally conversed with older women with children. For the 20 or so women I’ve been able to chat with further than a few messages and started delving deeper into each other’s lives with, it’s not an issue, In fact most have shown a genuine interest in my children and have complimented them on what they have achieved... I’ve heard often “your children would be a great influence for my child” I’ve even convinced women on DM notify who wanted a man with no children at home in their profile that my children will bring happiness to their lives, with videos, pictures and seeing them in video chat. My kids have a good sense of humour and have made quite a few laugh so hard they couldn’t breath.

Maybe my children are not typical. They have all worked part time since 14. They all excel at school and top their classes. No behaviour issues and are genuinely respectful. A woman who lives with me will do no house work if she wishes. There is no child raising as my children are very independent. They cook, clean, wash their own clothes and even manage my book work for my business. My 12 year old serviced my car 2 weeks ago.

With the right strategy a FSU women like a western women can be convinced of how great life is with a house full of children in my experience, but you have to show them with more than just words.

Trench if your mate is financially comfortable, has no baggage from his marriage / divorce and is a confident man, he will do very well in the early stages of meeting women and developing relationships IMO. If he doesn’t it won’t be anything to do with his kids, it will be an issue with him.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:12:35 AM by Davo »

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 11:05:48 PM »
Like most things, it depends on the woman.  FSU women are not mysterious aliens - they are women.  Some would mind, some would say they don't mind but will actually mind, some would not mind but will be a horrible stepmom, and some would be a great match.

The problem with your friend is his income.  If UK's immigration laws are similar to the US, he will not qualify based on income to bring over an immigrant wife and her children, depending on how many.

Even if he does barely scrape by the requirements, no woman in her right mind would consider it.  Especially if she has children to think about.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 11:36:16 PM »
Ok, so this guy I know from work who has a couple of children was wondering how things would sit on him getting a FSW if he already has children and is undecided on wanting any more, though most probably not. I told him that a lot of FSW as far as I knew wanted a guy without children as they don't necesarily take too well to other peoples, but said I would enquire further (hence my question here ;)) He has not yet got involved in the FSU Dating scene, not even online but was just curious.

So I thuought I would pitch it to you guys to see your thoughts. Could he get a FSW without children, or more likely a FSW with children already? I know some cases of UK couples where adults with existing children get together and creating a family that works often with an interesting mix.

The guy is about my age in his early to mid forties and is reasonably well established in life (a bit better than me :D), own 3 bed house, decent income mid £25k or so.

I'm guessing some FSW who are over 40 who's chances of having kids aren't great might go for it, any thoughts on this?

TC-

Sorry...did you mean that to be 250k, or 25k per month and not annually, yes?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Davo

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 12:22:22 AM »
Like most things, it depends on the woman.  FSU women are not mysterious aliens - they are women.  Some would mind, some would say they don't mind but will actually mind, some would not mind but will be a horrible stepmom, and some would be a great match.

The problem with your friend is his income.  If UK's immigration laws are similar to the US, he will not qualify based on income to bring over an immigrant wife and her children, depending on how many.

Even if he does barely scrape by the requirements, no woman in her right mind would consider it.  Especially if she has children to think about.

Sorry, I didn’t see his income..... It’s on the low side to support two kids and a wife who may not work for a year or so on arrival, even if she doesn’t have children of her own.  Raising children isn’t cheap by any means if you want to give them a comfortable lifestyle.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:31:26 AM by Davo »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 04:16:23 AM »
TC-

Sorry...did you mean that to be 250k, or 25k per month and not annually, yes?

I mean that as annually, £25k per year, before tax.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 04:26:00 AM »
Sorry, I didn’t see his income..... It’s on the low side to support two kids and a wife who may not work for a year or so on arrival, even if she doesn’t have children of her own.  Raising children isn’t cheap by any means if you want to give them a comfortable lifestyle.

Many raise kids in the UK on not great money, some are entirely on benefit that doesn't payout that much these day. On the current Universal Credit you get £2,780 for each child up to a maximum of two and nothing there after. I'm not sure if the guy I know would qualify as they may deem what he is earning as too much lol. For those unemployed they just get the approx £80 a week for each of them not working and any housing benefit component to pay the rent. So comparatively while it may not be the most comfortablest lifestyle it's probably a more than adequate one on £25k or so a year I'm guessing.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 07:16:09 AM »

I'm guessing some FSW who are over 40 who's chances of having kids
aren't great might go for it, any thoughts on this?

Who told you that £25k ($33k) is a decent income for a guy with two kids?
He doesn't make enough money. Can he take on more and make more?

Tell him to stop working as a busboy and get a real job.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 07:20:35 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 07:36:13 AM »
Forget about 25k with two children 

PLUS a FSU wife PLUS an other children

:deadhorse:
That's irresponsable. 

I earned TWICE more, had NO previous children, my ex wife had only one daughter living with us and part of my divorce is related to problem of not enough money in the family (not the main reason).

No more than 10% of westerners are eligible, and my ex buddy who owned a trustable marriage agency in Ukraine and I had the SAME opinion. You should earn at least 5 grands per month to be eligible to this journey. Especially if you are more than 40. (If you are 25 and you hit girls of 20 such income could be ok, but she will NOT have 2 children).

It doesn't matter what you can say here, you will find a whole stream of guys, whatever you explain, whatever story you display, who will not listen you and will go against any odd considering that anything is possible and they are exaclty the contrary odd to prove the opposit.  :wallbash:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 08:12:38 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2019, 07:40:48 AM »
Trench
ya gotta understand how the kultura works in Russ-see-ya....
as a general rule, children from wife #1 and wife #2 have a CLEAR conflict of interest when the donkey dies....

who wants that?
that’s why smart girls prefer a single dewd....

also in relationship algebra, if you got a negative like that on your side of the equation...
then you can expect the other side’s gonna probably have something similar to balance it...
cuz that’s how relationship algebra works...

cuz' there ain’t no Mother Teressa’s in Russ-see-ya, ya feel me bruv?

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:   

Krim, please don't die, because we will miss you a lot, not speaking about your saddle lol.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 07:50:27 AM »
Krim, please don't die, because we will miss you a lot, not speaking about your saddle lol.

+1

that’s how relationship algebra works...

Solid Gold!
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2019, 10:29:21 AM »

:shock:

1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 12:35:45 PM »
Who told you that £25k ($33k) is a decent income for a guy with two kids?
He doesn't make enough money. Can he take on more and make more?

Tell him to stop working as a busboy and get a real job.

A busboy? £25k is good money in the UK, at least standard, if not more so. Of course it depends on expenses, state benefits etc. A couple both earning £20-25k again depending on expenses could be fairly well off.

Offline Davo

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2019, 12:39:55 PM »

Why are wages so low in the UK in your field?....I’m not exaggerating, my daughter almost made that much during her gap year as a full time crew leader at McDonald’s when she was 19. 

Edit: I posted this as you posted last trench. This isn’t a good wage. I’m about to leave for my day job in the engineering / research and development department of a multinational agricultural company. I’m on a good wicket there, but guys assembling the machinery with no qualifications, who they pull off the street earn $22 aud an hour earn approximately € 24k a year before tax. In Australia this is seen as a low wage and fitting for someone doing a menial job with no education.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:55:33 PM by Davo »

Offline Gator

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2019, 12:55:59 PM »

:shock:

Remember the pound sterling is more valuable than the US dollar.   The exchange rate is about 5 to 1, yes? 

Woooops, 5::1 was before the abandonment of the gold standard and the start of WW II.   So the pound was then devalued to 2.80 per dollar.  25k is thus $65k per year.  That's $30/hr.  Enough for marriage if one is frugal and wise.

Woooooops, 2.80::1.00 was during my university days (60s) when British comedies were funny.  As the world discovered the truth about the high maintenance of British automobiles and their Lucas electronics, the pound declined.   When I went to London in the mid 1970s, it had declined to about 2.00 to 1.00.

Woooops, that was before further decline in response to Paul Volcker's monetary policies.  It almost reached parity. Then rose and followed roller coaster path to today's 1.30::1.00.  25k a year is thus $32,000/yr, a little above the hourly pay for my 20-yr stepson at his part-time job slicing deli meat and making subs.

Trench, the issue can not be squared unless your friend had a second income such as fleecing expat pensioners. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2019, 01:09:49 PM »
Remember the pound sterling is more valuable than the US dollar.   The exchange rate is about 5 to 1, yes? 

Woooops, 5::1 was before the abandonment of the gold standard and the start of WW II.   So the pound was then devalued to 2.80 per dollar.  25k is thus $65k per year.  That's $30/hr.  Enough for marriage if one is frugal and wise.

Woooooops, 2.80::1.00 was during my university days (60s) when British comedies were funny.  As the world discovered the truth about the high maintenance of British automobiles and their Lucas electronics, the pound declined.   When I went to London in the mid 1970s, it had declined to about 2.00 to 1.00.

Woooops, that was before further decline in response to Paul Volcker's monetary policies.  It almost reached parity. Then rose and followed roller coaster path to today's 1.30::1.00.  25k a year is thus $32,000/yr, a little above the hourly pay for my 20-yr stepson at his part-time job slicing deli meat and making subs.

Trench, the issue can not be squared unless your friend had a second income such as fleecing expat pensioners. 

I'll see if our forum expert on that one can give him any guidance ;D

Remember, we don't have to pay school fees here, no healthcare fees, dentistry is free for kids, no private pension needed as there's the state pension, etc. So maybe taking that into account he could be on the equivalent of $40000 or more a year.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2019, 01:59:46 PM »

The American government will allow a person to sponsor a fiancée if they are making at least 125% of the poverty level. Based off current government charts poverty level, a person needs to make around $20K to do a k-1 or they will need a co-sponsor to help sponsor someone over.

What does the UK think a person needs to make before allowing them to bring somebody over?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Davo

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2019, 02:07:42 PM »
I’d be moving down under. The average wage for an architect here is €46k and you get all the perks of free medical etc.. you do in the UK.

Even an adult apprenticeship is worth it for a low paid white collar worker. Something  like a heavy diesel mechanic. It’s an easy €70k doing fifo mining work and the option of a good wage if you work in the city and want a better family life. When I was going through divorce I landed a job on the Gorgan gas project on Barrow Island. It was a 4 and 1 fifo roster as a heavy fitter. That paid €75k, but I couldn’t take it because I was awarded custody of my kids. 

Closer to home there’s a demand for general maintenance fitting here. I was offered a job a few years back servicing petrol pumps. It included on the job training with a company vehicle that I could use for personal use and paid approximately €45k. There are lots of options to earn money in trades without going back to Uni.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 03:10:22 PM by Davo »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2019, 03:06:12 PM »
The American government will allow a person to sponsor a fiancée if they are making at least 125% of the poverty level. Based off current government charts poverty level, a person needs to make around $20K to do a k-1 or they will need a co-sponsor to help sponsor someone over.

What does the UK think a person needs to make before allowing them to bring somebody over?

It's around £18.5k per year for the sponsor of the spouse that they wish to bring in. The one being brought in doesn't need to earn anything.

The £18.5k can be evidenced over as little as six months earnings at a rate that would make up to £18.5k if it would be earned for a whole year.

Offline Davo

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2019, 03:53:09 PM »
Trench, your mate is stuck in the Uk because he has kids and shared custody I guess, but you as a single guy who has no commitments are silly for staying where you are.....Read this article.

http://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20160812-three-careers-you-thought-paid-megabucks-but-dont

There are lots of jobs here for you on great money..... Assistants earn almost twice what a UK architect earns.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 04:15:13 PM by Davo »

Offline Davo

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2019, 04:12:11 PM »
Even graduates earn more than your mate....

Offline rwd123

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 04:26:28 PM »
TC - life is not transactional and deterministic, particularly when dealing with intercultural relationships. Women are different and seek different attributes in a partner. But I'll try to make it easy for you.

There are (at least) five primary factors that will determine possibility of "success" in international dating. They will vary at different times in your life:

A) Money
B) Language skills
C) Time
D) Physical characteristics
E) Personality

Money
-1: you receive any government welfare
0: need to budget, cannot afford two additional dependents, on a "low" income, etc.
1: can support two additional dependents and travel regularly without increasing income
2: money is not a concern

Language skills
-1: No language skills and clueless about the culture
0: Little or no (Russian) language skills
1: Passable conversational ability, can read a bit
2: Advanced conversational ability

Time
-1: Unlikely to visit the FSU in the next six months
0: Hard to take time off work, only two weeks annual holiday, etc.
1: Can travel up to four weeks a year and at least 2 visits
2: Can travel more than four weeks a year and make at 4+ visits

Physical characteristics
-1: 15+ years older than a woman, fat, ugly, etc.
0: 10+ years older, in poor shape, average looks, etc.
1: Within 5-10 years of a woman, in good shape, etc.
2: Less than 5 years older than a woman, good looking, good physique, etc.

Personality
-1: No confidence, boring, lacking social skills, etc.
0: Low confidence and a relatively boring person
1: Confident in dating, intelligent, an interesting interlocur
2: Can engage with people without speaking the same language, confident, charismatic, etc.

Self assess with a critical lens, rank yourself against each and add up your score:

< 0 (Cold): forget it, you don't have a chance.
0-4 (Cool): don't pursue an FSUW unless you dramatically improve yourself.
5-7 (Warm): there's potential but weaknesses may hold you back.
8-10 (Hot): if you're smart and persistent you'll probably find a good woman.

(Note: Whether you have children or not is probably the other factor I'd call out, but it really depends on your age and attitudes of a potential partner, and the age of children, so harder to rank. Generally speaking, -1 if you have kids, +1 if you don't.)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2019, 04:50:07 PM »
.....Read this article.

http://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20160812-three-careers-you-thought-paid-megabucks-but-dont

When I read articles like this, I usually have a degree of skepticism of its depth. While I can't refute any of its claims, I am shocked at the difference in comparative value in wages of like professionals here on the west coast. The numbers shown on the article desperately need some filtering though. Graduates have to undergo gelling period before making that princely leap in wages. Call it internship, if you will, but unless you're an Einstein on skinny jeans, chances are you're a peon on a curve. But the one person featured on the article had already amassed 9 years of experience on his resume.

I did took note of this bit on the article:
According to one US study, 64% of millennials would rather make $40,000 a year in a job they love than $100,000 a year in a boring one.

If true and is wholly representative of the overall attitude of these young professionals, it's little wonder these idiots are bailing out on their student loans. Full subscription to liberal talking points on student loan forgiveness follows..

IME, I encounter plenty of PMs on a daily basis that are fresh out of fraternity confines working for some notable developers around. The absence of practical knowledge are glaringly obvious in their mindset. There is always a period of deconstructing book knowledge they acquired and unlearning plenty of them when trying to execute certain field applications. While I will never discriminate choosing between a college graduate and one with a comparatively 5-year experience in our trade, I seem to always find a degree of comfort with the 'experienced', non-degreed candidate/s during interviews.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1881
Total: 1892

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM