It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Sochi's Formula 1 Grand Prix tour  (Read 12069 times)

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Sochi's Formula 1 Grand Prix tour
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2016, 05:21:44 PM »
Yeah......send him my love  :rolleyes:

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Sochi's Formula 1 Grand Prix tour
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 09:51:43 PM »
this photo does no justice to the speed these guys are doing ...

What speeds are they going at?
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2016, 10:19:00 PM »
What speeds are they going at?

Just over 200 MPH on the straight. Think of F1 cars not so much like race cars but fighter jets with four wheels. The amount of science that goes into their aerodynamics is crazy. They're a phenomenal piece of engineering.

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2016, 10:41:58 PM »
Watch this insanity. This is the pole setting lap by Nico Rosberg. Note the display on the left that shows gear position (8 speeds), RPM, and KPH. These guys can pull up to 4-5 G's in some corners and have to be extremely physically fit.

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/video.html
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 10:43:49 PM by GuppyCaptain »

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 08:38:44 AM »
Race day...

To be honest it was a little disappointing - not big fights at the front - just a big incident involving Kvyat and Vettel - AGAIN - JUST after the start.

But pleased that LH got up to 2nd and JB got his first point - despite nearly being screwed up in the second corner pileup

SC was opposite to me in the stands and we were banned from making photos from our box ... I hope my friend Andrei got some from the stands.

I saw Grosjean coming to the circuit,  Hermann Tilke - who has designed many modern F1 circuits - incl this one, Niki Lauda and  a load more F1 celebs - incl. Bernie Eccelstone - BUT --- that was when we weren't allowed to take photos..

UK C4 - ex F1 driver Karun Chandhok

I saw Jos Verstappen 'sweet talking'  Dr Helmut Marko  - probably suggesting Max could do better than poor 'ol Daniil Kyvat

I wasn't interested in seeing the Poduim - I expect Andrei or SC got those photos... I waiting in the press office and was one of only 5 reporters allowed in - before the doors were locked..

Hamilton looked cool, with Rosberg 'rosy' and Kimi ooking KNACKERED.

Finally,

All the pit-lane gals

I've got quite few vids that I will upload to youtube over the next few days... need to edit out boring bits ..

Off to the end of GP concert in the Park ...
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2016, 03:57:04 AM »
Went to the concert - was taken from one end of the park to the other by golf buggy driven by Souren - I have an Armenian, Cypriot friend - so recognised the name - and he drove in the dark like he was Daniil Kyvat  - luckily - he didn't hit any one - though he saved battery - by turning off the head lights when there were fewer pedestrians  :D

SC and her friends were gyrating to electronic music and I drank a beer and felt tired and drunk within seconds  ;D I just got up and danced and had a great time..

SC took our proper camera and - as requested -  got some good photos - Andrei and Olga who were sat with them - took a group selfie

In the picture above - taken from the 'gods' in the main grandstand - overlooking the start / finish lines - I was trying to call SC to say I can see her..I was behind the one way glass to the left of her left hand ..above the red Ferrari Pit Wall - where the left hand DHL ad runs along the building... She never could see me ...even if I pressed right up to the glass.

Too 'cold' in the grandstand ...  ::)

The post race concert stage

The Torch

When I started to flag - I suggested going home and was pleasantly surprised to hear no objections....  The trains were still running, but Vita - the blond lady - insisted that her husband - Vitali - was a 'taxi driver' and would give us a lift home... that he was waiting for us - and had been 'working ' in the area...OK, I thought  - but I wondered how we'd all fit in ...

The 'taxi ' turned out to be a new Mercedes S-class ''7 million roubles'' = 100k USD - and Vitaly had been taking VIPs back to the airport from the circuit - only 7km..I was watching Ted Kravitz ''notes from the pit-lane on UK SKY Sports F1 -this morning- and saw Vitali's taxi parked up at the Paddock exit - '222' in the reg...  ;D

SC suggested to Vitali that I had some good music on my phone - and we 'bluetoothed' it to the audio system and were having a great time - when the traffic police pulled us over for a check ..... I expect the 'night club music level' bass booming might have been a magnet...  ;D Documents produced and cleared - we were on our way home...We crashed into the sack..

WHAT a DAY ...

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541321
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701