It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: NATO, does it have a future?  (Read 21581 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: NATO, does it have a future?
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 09:53:58 AM »

An aside.. I was in Belgium last week and flew in/out via BRU..  Security was very very tight with multiple id and boarding pass checks even when driving into the airport and returning a car rental.

The terrorists are winning.  The Brussels incident alone costing 5 million per day and Trillions in costs over the years for the US fighting wars and reacting exactly like the terrorists want.

BC, you frequently blame the US.  It seems hypocritical considering Europe led the way to intervene in Libya well after the US invasion of Iraq.    Nor did Europe complain about the invasion of Kuwait, and in fact participated.  You are a smart man.  What am I missing? 

You speak as if everything would be fine today if the US had never invaded Iraq.  My point is the world had problems with Muslim terrorists long before we invaded Iraq.      9-11 preceded the invasion and in fact heavily influenced the decision to invade. 

Maybe Europe's troubles result not so much from Iraq aftermath, but from decades of Europe allowing a sizable minority to not assimilate into the host society and adopt its values.   The mosques preached to the followers not to integrate and instead to refuse Western ways.  The unintegrated community looked the other way when extremists recruited  a few young people to terrorize in the name of their religion. 

It is a war BC, a war by a relatively small percentage to advance their religion.  It was not started by the US (albeit accelerated by  the steps taken after the Iraq invasion).  Maybe Europe and the US need to develop a comprehensive plan starting with a restrictive immigration policy, less liberal education of its immigrants,  and closer scrutiny such as examining  the funding of mosques.  If it is a great religion, its followers will help. 

Europe has a longer history with this issue and a larger population.  Although the European canary did not croak, the canary shows signs of illness.   

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016, 11:35:35 AM »
The terrorists are winning.  The Brussels incident alone costing 5 million per day and Trillions in costs over the years for the US fighting wars and reacting exactly like the terrorists want.

The Europeans got the US president they preferred and gave him a Noble Peace Prize before he did anything. Obama did things the European way. He went into Libya because Europe wanted it and didn't attempt to rebuild the nation like Bush would've done. He went into Syria at the same pace Europe did. He pulled security out of Iraq and Afghanistan. ISIS wasn't around when Bush was president. They are growing under Obama's and Europe's watch. Europeans need to stop blaming America and get off their lazy asses and do more in this world to get rid of radicals or they will continue to pay. If Europeans think ISIS wouldn't be around if they didn't touch Syria, they're not living in reality. Maybe America should stop doing anything and let China, Russia and others grab land and after 100's of millions die, then we'll do the right thing.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 01:19:23 PM »
BC,

Muslims have been immigrating to Europe for a long time as guest workers in support of a growing economy.  The economy has been slowing for years.  Is the conflict today due more to a slowing economy (fewer jobs) rather than a clash of ideologies? 

Also, were these guest workers treated equitably or were they discriminated against by the native population?  Discrimination would impede integration even for those who seek to integrate. 

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 01:36:48 PM »
BC,

Muslims have been immigrating to Europe for a long time as guest workers in support of a growing economy.  The economy has been slowing for years.  Is the conflict today due more to a slowing economy (fewer jobs) rather than a clash of ideologies? 

So to overcome this slowing economy, just open the flood gates and it'll speed up with more unemployed and unemployable?  :rolleyes:

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 03:33:28 PM »
So to overcome this slowing economy, just open the flood gates and it'll speed up with more unemployed and unemployable?  :rolleyes:

There is no "logical" reason for allowing the mass immigrations of muslims into any non-muslim country, none. Islam and sharia law is in and of itself a "total" system with no room integration into any society.

Any country or leader permitting, encouraging or allowing it to happen are doing it not for the good of mankind, or for humanitarian reasons whatsoever. It's sinister. They very well know these muslims won't integrate and the strain they will make on economies and the clashes of the cultures they will bring. It's destruction and they know this going in.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 04:55:21 PM »
There is no "logical" reason for allowing the mass immigrations of muslims into any non-muslim country, none.
There are ;). IINM, Angela Merkel defended her Government's agreement with Turkey allowing Syrians into Germany because, among other reasons, "our population is growing older".

According to the 2011 census, Germany had then 2.71 million citizens of Turkish descent and 1.55 million still holding Turkish citizenship (22% of the total population), against 193,000 former German residents of Turkish background living in Turkey (the "returnees").

However, the massive immigration of Gastarbeiteren in the 1960s from Turkey (as well as other "poor" countries like Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, etc.) was due to:
- A rising economy in a country where WWII had caused appalling losses of manpower.
- Long-standing good relations with Turkey (allies in WWI, "friends" in WWII and NATO partners thereafter).
- Turkey being a "laic" Islamic country.

Programs are being developed to teach the Syrians German and find them a job in industry and trades, thereby promoting integration. It will be interesting to see how well this will work :).

Milan's "Duomo"

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2016, 05:34:51 PM »
There are ;). IINM, Angela Merkel defended her Government's agreement with Turkey allowing Syrians into Germany because, among other reasons, "our population is growing older".

According to the 2011 census, Germany had then 2.71 million citizens of Turkish descent and 1.55 million still holding Turkish citizenship (22% of the total population), against 193,000 former German residents of Turkish background living in Turkey (the "returnees").

However, the massive immigration of Gastarbeiteren in the 1960s from Turkey (as well as other "poor" countries like Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, etc.) was due to:
- A rising economy in a country where WWII had caused appalling losses of manpower.
- Long-standing good relations with Turkey (allies in WWI, "friends" in WWII and NATO partners thereafter).
- Turkey being a "laic" Islamic country.

Programs are being developed to teach the Syrians German and find them a job in industry and trades, thereby promoting integration. It will be interesting to see how well this will work :).

It won't work and when they decide or admit that it won't work it will be much to late. All "good" muslims will work toward installing Sharia law everywhere they go. Sharia does allow integration, quite the opposite. The sad thing is Merkel, Obama and every other world leader knows this.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2016, 09:50:42 PM »

Germany has also agreed to limits on how many Syrians are to enter too. Germany needs immigrants to take care of it's massive industry and aging population since they have one of the lowest birth rates in the world but are Syrians the kind of workers they need? I also question the immigrants they are getting. Many are males. Are they educated and hard workers? I do know they lack courage and will run when the going gets tough. America and Europe tried real hard to find "good" Syrians to support so they may topple Assad and lead Syria to a better future. We couldn't find enough "good" Syrians to get the job done. Germany can't expect Syrians to do them a good job especially since they didn't apply for work visas and are looking for a job. Those Syrians didn't come looking to work. Right now they need handouts and it's unknown if they'll be a good fit and productive for Germany's industry in the future.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2016, 03:15:42 AM »
...I do know they lack courage and will run when the going gets tough...

No, Billy; you don't KNOW this.  You're just assuming that, because they're male, youngish, and look reasonably fit, that they've deserted from the army, or left their families behind, or any other of a number of "chicken" synonyms.  Sure, it may apply to some - maybe even most.  But there is no way on earth that such a generalisation will apply to all of those people.  You have no way of knowing what any of those men has been through to get where are now - let alone all of them.

Just as a comparison, how would you like it if someone started posting that all construction companies in the Pacific North-West are corrupt because they pay off councillors to award them contracts, and then skimp on the quality of their work to pocket even more money?  I know that it's nonsense - you certainly know that it's nonsense.  But it's no more nonsensical than your statement.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2016, 06:02:31 PM »
Just as a comparison, how would you like it if someone started posting that all construction companies in the Pacific North-West are corrupt because they pay off councillors to award them contracts, and then skimp on the quality of their work to pocket even more money?  I know that it's nonsense - you certainly know that it's nonsense.  But it's no more nonsensical than your statement.

Doesn't bother me if someone wanted to give their opinion on construction companies in the Pacific NW. What I said wasn't an opinion. Millions of young Syrian men ran from their country. That is a fact so their mentality is the complete opposite of the mentality of young American men during the time when Pearl Harbor got bombed. Those American men rushed into war for their country. Then after the war, they helped build America's economy to where it is today. I'm an employer and would love to have people like that work for me. I doubt those young Syrian men will ever be remember for any significant contributions to Europe's economy.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 06:51:22 PM »
Doesn't bother me if someone wanted to give their opinion on construction companies in the Pacific NW.

No problem - it was just a hypothetical observation.

What I said wasn't an opinion.

Of course it was - it couldn't be anything else.

Millions of young Syrian men ran from their country. That is a fact so their mentality is the complete opposite of the mentality of young American men during the time when Pearl Harbor got bombed. Those American men rushed into war for their country.

The fact that you so conveniently overlook is that their country has been suffering through a civil war for many years, something which the USA has not seen since 1865.  And you try to compare this with the USA, which has never been invaded.  Hawaii wasn't even a state in 1942, so others could argue that the USA itself has not been attacked for more than 200 years.

How many people died in the attack at Pearl Harbor? 2403 Americans, and 55 Japanese.  The death toll in Syria in the last five years, according to the latest figures, is about 470,000.  The USA is the most industrialised country in the world, with untold opportunities for young people to make their mark (or so you and several other American posters would have us believe - and I don't disagree).  Those people you describe are running from a country which has been completely devastated by civil war, where every neighbourhood in every city, as well as most of the countryside, has been affected by fighting and bombing since before most of the population was born, and where there are literally no opportunities at all for most people to make any improvements in their lives.  You cannot possibly equate these totally different situations.

Then after the war, they helped build America's economy to where it is today. I'm an employer and would love to have people like that work for me.

Me too.

I doubt those young Syrian men will ever be remember for any significant contributions to Europe's economy.

You may well be right, but you don't KNOW it for a fact.  We may all be pleasantly surprised in a few years to find that some of those who've ended up in Europe become Syria's brightest young stars.  The only problem will be that their home country no longer exists in its current form.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2016, 07:44:22 PM »
Noyou don't KNOW it for a fact. 

It's a fact those young men ran from war in their country's time of need. They had a chance to change the direction of their country to make it free and improve the quality of life for themselves and their future generations to come. They chose to run selfishly thinking about saving their own skin.

It's also a fact young Syrian men aren't in demand to fill positions for work anywhere in the world. If they were, many developed nations would be giving them work visas a long time ago. In America, Mexicans are some of the best to work the agricultural field. East Asians are great for engineering. People from India excellent computer programmers. America gives work visas for those who have a reputation for doing well in certain lines of work.

I agree Germany needs immigrants to keep their industry running smooth but only a few young Syrian men are needed to fill some positions but not all. What are the rest of those guys going to do? Thrive on social programs? Because Germany decided to take in so many Syrians, with limited job openings they have to deny better qualified people from other nations from filling the positions.

Me too.

Since you employ people, tell me what young Syrian men are known to be better at compared to other nationalities? If developed nations didn't target Syrian citizens to compliment their workforce prior to the Syrian war, what makes you think they are desirable workers now? They aren't known to be great workers in any line of work. Germany and the rest of the EU are going to struggle to make them fit in.

Years ago, as a favor to a social worker who was a friend of my mom's, I hired three Somalian men who fled their country. They were the laziest workers I've ever hired. They sat more than they worked. At the end of the first day, I told them I don't need them anymore. I suspect German companies are going to find many Syrian workers less than desirable.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2016, 03:08:03 AM »
It's a fact those young men ran from war in their country's time of need. They had a chance to change the direction of their country to make it free and improve the quality of life for themselves and their future generations to come. They chose to run selfishly thinking about saving their own skin.

That's crap, and you know it.  They've run from a civil war where nobody knows who is on which side from one day to the next, and where the government (read: Assad) changes its mind every week about who they will attack next - conveniently helped by the Russians, who are happy to bomb anybody that might have the most tenuous links to the USA, and therefore keep Assad in power.  Nobody except those already in a position of power can make a blind bit of difference in such a situation.  The country is so corrupt, and has such restrictive powers of association, that any group of people trying to effect any sort of change is breaking the law just by meeting.

A THIRD OF THE COUNTRY'S ENTIRE POPULATION HAVE BEEN DISPLACED FROM THEIR HOMES. Can you imagine what the USA would be like with over 100 million people in refugee camps, wondering where their next meal was coming from, and whether or not they would survive the next day's bombings?  Of course you can't.

It's also a fact young Syrian men aren't in demand to fill positions for work anywhere in the world. If they were, many developed nations would be giving them work visas a long time ago. In America, Mexicans are some of the best to work the agricultural field. East Asians are great for engineering. People from India excellent computer programmers. America gives work visas for those who have a reputation for doing well in certain lines of work.

I don't deny that the examples you've quoted are valid, but young Syrian men aren't in demand because most of them, until the advent of the civil war, have had no reason to leave their own country.  New Zealand is accepting several hundred Syrian refugees this year, amongst whom, I'm sure, will be young men.  Hopefully they will set a better example than the mythical hordes of their countrymen in Europe that you so despise.

I agree Germany needs immigrants to keep their industry running smooth but only a few young Syrian men are needed to fill some positions but not all. What are the rest of those guys going to do? Thrive on social programs? Because Germany decided to take in so many Syrians, with limited job openings they have to deny better qualified people from other nations from filling the positions.

There you go again - generalising.  Billy, you have no idea whether or not a young Syrian man is less qualified for a particular job than someone the same age from a country in Africa, or the Pacific Islands, or Russia, or New Zealand...or the USA.

Since you employ people, tell me what young Syrian men are known to be better at compared to other nationalities? If developed nations didn't target Syrian citizens to compliment their workforce prior to the Syrian war, what makes you think they are desirable workers now? They aren't known to be great workers in any line of work. Germany and the rest of the EU are going to struggle to make them fit in.

As I wrote above, most Syrians stayed in their own country prior to the civil war.  I personally don't know any Syrians, because there are so few in New Zealand, but I'm certainly not going to jump to any conclusions about their suitability (or otherwise) for work without giving them a chance to show their capabilities.

Years ago, as a favor to a social worker who was a friend of my mom's, I hired three Somalian men who fled their country. They were the laziest workers I've ever hired. They sat more than they worked. At the end of the first day, I told them I don't need them anymore.

As is your right, providing that their employment contract allowed you to fire them with no notice.  I'm assuming here, of course, that you, as a solid, law-abiding employer, provided them with contracts in the first place.  Unfortunately many employers don't.

I suspect German companies are going to find many Syrian workers less than desirable.

Again, that's a maybe.  Of course you could be right - but then, that doesn't apply just to Syrians.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2016, 02:42:05 PM »
There you go again - generalising.  Billy, you have no idea whether or not a young Syrian man is less qualified for a particular job than someone the same age from a country in Africa, or the Pacific Islands, or Russia, or New Zealand...or the USA.

I do have an idea. My country and most developed European countries have an idea which people are best to fill their needs and issue out work visas accordingly. When Microsoft and Amazon need programmers, they are more likely to look towards India than Syria. When Boeing needs engineers, they are more likely to look towards East Asian countries than Syria. When farmers need laborers, they are more likely to look towards Mexico than Syria and pressure our government to issue out work permits to the most qualified workers. We want to be successful so we look for the right people to do the job, not just anybody.

You have it in your mind Syrians will be just as good workers than anybody else when they haven't proved their value anywhere in the world. Name one country that searches for talent in Syria? Syrians has a reputation and that is there is little talent there that will be useful in more developed nations. Figure out why EU nations are seeing the wisdom on restricting the amount of Syrian immigrants coming their way. Most of them aren't a good fit for their industries. Those that don't join the workforce will have to be taken care of with social programs.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2016, 05:35:14 PM »
I do have an idea. My country and most developed European countries have an idea which people are best to fill their needs and issue out work visas accordingly. When Microsoft and Amazon need programmers, they are more likely to look towards India than Syria. When Boeing needs engineers, they are more likely to look towards East Asian countries than Syria. When farmers need laborers, they are more likely to look towards Mexico than Syria and pressure our government to issue out work permits to the most qualified workers. We want to be successful so we look for the right people to do the job, not just anybody.

You have it in your mind Syrians will be just as good workers than anybody else when they haven't proved their value anywhere in the world. Name one country that searches for talent in Syria? Syrians has a reputation and that is there is little talent there that will be useful in more developed nations. Figure out why EU nations are seeing the wisdom on restricting the amount of Syrian immigrants coming their way. Most of them aren't a good fit for their industries. Those that don't join the workforce will have to be taken care of with social programs.

Billy, you're beginning to get like some other posters here who don't properly read what I've written.  This is the main point of my posts:

I don't deny that the examples you've quoted are valid, but young Syrian men aren't in demand because most of them, until the advent of the civil war, have had no reason to leave their own country.

As I wrote above, most Syrians stayed in their own country prior to the civil war.  I personally don't know any Syrians, because there are so few in New Zealand, but I'm certainly not going to jump to any conclusions about their suitability (or otherwise) for work without giving them a chance to show their capabilities.

You talk about (for example) computer programmers from India.  I agree with this, but how long ago did the world start to see the exodus of those people from their country?  It wasn't a hundred years ago - it wasn't even twenty.  How about you reserve judgement on the Syrian refugees until they've had the same length of time to prove themselves, rather than just assuming that they will fail at whatever they attempt?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »
You talk about (for example) computer programmers from India.  I agree with this, but how long ago did the world start to see the exodus of those people from their country?  It wasn't a hundred years ago - it wasn't even twenty.  How about you reserve judgement on the Syrian refugees until they've had the same length of time to prove themselves, rather than just assuming that they will fail at whatever they attempt?

Syrians were around when computers and the software to run the hardware was invented. People from India done something with that and earned a reputation. They are also good at running taxi businesses where I live. Germans made Germany to where it is today. Japanese made Japan where it is today. I could go on. You ask me to reserve judgment for Syrians to prove themselves. They had as much time on earth as anybody to show they are good at something but they don't have a reputation for doing anything. You think Syrians are undiscovered gems? Petition your government to bring more in. I'm in the minority on this forum when it comes to Mexican illegal immigrants since I support asylum for them. I don't have a problem with immigrants as long as they are productive and contribute to the nation I live in. But if Obama wants to bring Syrians to America, I would be against that move.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
NATO, does it have a future?
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2016, 09:29:07 PM »
You talk about (for example) computer programmers from India.

Syria has a number of men who are experienced in oil exploration, extraction and
petro-chemicals. It's a tough business these days with the low price of oil. Syria does
have some educated and talented workers. The US for example doesn't need these
workers at this time since we have many talented oil industry experts unemployed now.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:30:38 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
NATO, does it have a future?
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2016, 09:55:02 PM »
NATO to Discuss Russia’s Risky Military Maneuvers

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nato-to-discuss-russias-risky-military-maneuvers-on-wednesday-1461059882

NATO and Russia to meet, but grievances remain

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-nato-idUSKCN0XG2FL

Polish minister says Russia preparing aggression against NATO: report

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-poland-russia-nato-idUSKCN0XG0UB
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:36:36 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2016, 03:15:23 AM »
...You think Syrians are undiscovered gems? Petition your government to bring more in...But if Obama wants to bring Syrians to America, I would be against that move.

You're welcome to your opinion, Billy, and nobody will dispute your right to have one.  However, our Government has already accepted more than 500 Syrian refugees for this year.  On a per capita basis, that is more than three times as many as the 10,000 your country has managed (or is prepared to accept).  We're also not shunting them off to the equivalent of Boise, Idaho, which is where many of yours apparently end up.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2016, 06:23:29 AM »
You're welcome to your opinion, Billy, and nobody will dispute your right to have one.  However, our Government has already accepted more than 500 Syrian refugees for this year.  On a per capita basis, that is more than three times as many as the 10,000 your country has managed (or is prepared to accept).  We're also not shunting them off to the equivalent of Boise, Idaho, which is where many of yours apparently end up.

500 vs 10,000?

Is there something wrong with Boise Idaho? What is your point here AK?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2016, 01:27:16 PM »
We're also not shunting them off to the equivalent of Boise, Idaho, which is where many of yours apparently end up.

Where are you guys putting your refugees? The NZ equivalent of Beverly Hills? These refugees need homes and they should be thankful that certain cities and states in America will welcome them with open arms. If they don't like Boise, they can request a transfer. Nobody is locking them up in Boise.

In the first link below is where Syrian refugees are at in America already. Notice most didn't go to Boise. Second link talks about Boise mayor welcoming refugees with open arms. Can you give him a "thank you" instead of implying his city is a bad place to live?

http://www.allenbwest.com/michele/heres-the-map-of-where-syrian-refugees-are-in-the-us-already

http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/hundreds-of-muslim-refugees-headed-to-idaho/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:29:18 PM by BillyB »

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2016, 06:06:18 PM »
Where are you guys putting your refugees? The NZ equivalent of Beverly Hills?

We don't have an equivalent of Beverly Hills, but all refugees arriving here come to Auckland first, where they spend six weeks at the Mangere (pronounced Marng-a-reh) Refugee Resettlement Centre for orientation purposes.  After that it's a case of working out where they want to go (for jobs, education, etc.).

These refugees need homes and they should be thankful that certain cities and states in America will welcome them with open arms. If they don't like Boise, they can request a transfer. Nobody is locking them up in Boise.

In the first link below is where Syrian refugees are at in America already. Notice most didn't go to Boise. Second link talks about Boise mayor welcoming refugees with open arms. Can you give him a "thank you" instead of implying his city is a bad place to live?

Your second link doesn't work, but where did I imply that Boise is a bad place to live?  It's simply that it's the equivalent of a provincial city, rather than a main centre like New York or Los Angeles, and is in the middle of the country rather than being a direct transport hub.  In New Zealand terms it would be the equivalent of Napier or New Plymouth - very nice cities in which to live, but simply never the first stop for new arrivals.

And yes, "thank you," Mr Mayor, for being a lot more welcoming than so many other cities and states in your country.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2016, 11:21:21 PM »
Your second link doesn't work,

I had to click it a few times to get the page to finally appear.

but where did I imply that Boise is a bad place to live?  It's simply that it's the equivalent of a provincial city, rather than a main centre like New York or Los Angeles, and is in the middle of the country rather than being a direct transport hub.

NY has some of the most rude people in America living there. I'd rather live in Boise. Syria doesn't have a city that compares to LA or NY. I'm willing to be most those refugees were displaced when their smaller towns were invaded and destroyed. Boise may be a good fit for them.

If you get the second link to work, you will find Boise is going to take just under 300 Syrian refugees. They've had Muslim refugees arrive to their city since 1995. There are 11,000 living there now and I suspect most are Iraqi based off the 1995 arrival. Seattle and Portland is a few hours away if they wish to relocate to a bigger city.  The fact that many Muslims are still living in Boise today after 20 years of arriving tells me they don't feel a need to relocate.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2016, 11:44:49 PM »

If you get the second link to work, you will find Boise is going to take just under 300 Syrian refugees. They've had Muslim refugees arrive to their city since 1995. There are 11,000 living there now and I suspect most are Iraqi based off the 1995 arrival. Seattle and Portland is a few hours away if they wish to relocate to a bigger city.  The fact that many Muslims are still living in Boise today after 20 years of arriving tells me they don't feel a need to relocate.

There are actually quite a sizable population of Syrians here in southern California.  The ones I've met are hard workers...negotiators in business...and 'close to the earth' types.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline JayH

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2016, 06:17:46 PM »
The US Congress recently announced that a consensus had been reached between the two chambers and between Democrats and Republicans on the beginning of deliveries of lethal weapons (including Javelin) to Ukraine

Next week  in Brussels a meeting of defense ministers of NATO countries, where the main topic will be to deepen and further assistance to Ukraine (technical and military) in reflection of the Russian aggression in the east. So the US can start the supply of weapons and the recent US announcement that Russia and separatist forces recently stepped up its activity in the Donbas is not accidental to the NATO meeting

The transformation of Ukraine into the strongest military ally of the US in Europe, followed by the imminent accession to NATO

http://resistance.today/views/4384-7-772-89.html

And More-
U.S. military sends paratroopers to Ukraine to train government forces in fight against pro-Russia rebels

The U.S. paratroopers began arriving in Ukraine last week, U.S. Army spokesman Donald Wrenn told AFP. The training mission, dubbed Operation Fearless Guardian, calls for some 300 paratroopers to remain in Ukraine for about six months and provide instruction to about 900 soldiers from Ukraine’s national guard. Britain contributed 75 troops to the training mission, and Canada added another 200.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/u-s-troops-train-ukrainian-army-fighting-pro-russia-rebels-article-1.2188719
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:24:10 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1868
Total: 1879

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM