It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Civilian Airliner Shot Down 298 Dead-- Consequences  (Read 121932 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Civilian Airliner Shot Down 298 Dead-- Consequences
« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2014, 08:51:52 AM »
....Now, why should Putin have any say in how Ukraine is governed?  Ukraine is an independent state.  Its populace, not a foreign leader, should decide how it is governed.

Absolutely! I agree. No country should have dominion over internal affairs of another!

Oh wait....isn't Ukraine supposed to abide by EU/USA/IMF's conditions that they need run their country according to their command in exchange for *cash*?

You know, just like it was with Russia?  :P
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #251 on: July 24, 2014, 08:54:37 AM »
The EU doesn't demand that the political structures of a country by x or y.  It doesn't send proxies to start wars against countries which elect politicians with platforms they disagree with, either.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #252 on: July 24, 2014, 08:55:07 AM »
Let me assist u a little muzh...first u need to lookup what a federation is...then u will see that Ukraine being federated does not mean that they aren't still one country.  As it stands things r falling apart so negotiating or Ukrainians fighting are the options.  I'm sure u have some 'wise' ideas for a solution.  Haha
Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2014, 09:03:36 AM »
  :-\

I'll try to help. Ukraine isn't a fight of the U.S.. It is however of grave concern to NATO nations. NATO is an alliance of which the U.S. belongs and NATO pivots on U.S. leadership. A very grave concern. Soviet aggression is the reason NATO was formed to begin with. Yes, Ukraine isn't part of NATO but, Ukraine is bordering NATO nations as is Russia. Ukraine is now the victim of Russian aggression. No, U.S. troops should not be sent to Ukraine IMHO. This is a NATO European issue. Europe is unwilling so be it but, NATO should stand ready and yes aid Ukraine is it's effort to rid itself of Russian aggression. Europe with the leadership might have a different view. Nobody wishes to stand up to Putin knowing the U.S. will not back them

The only thing required of Obama is leadership. Not troops, no bullets, just leadership and backing Europe as needed. Instead of the leader of the free world he has resorted to the Fundraiser in Chief. The democratic candidates are thankful
Seriously I read your post and you basically are saying nothing.  That is fine. ..I agree that we should do nothing.  Obama is a lot closer to your position than the other candidates woyld have been...I think you are just picking on him outta dislike.   I'm not his fan either but he is not doin a horrible job so far on this issue as he has not made a stupid move like put our troops in there

Fathertime!

Fathertime!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #254 on: July 24, 2014, 09:05:24 AM »
A federation would weaken Kyiv's power and lead to fiefdoms. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2014, 09:08:19 AM »
The EU doesn't demand that the political structures of a country by x or y.  It doesn't send proxies to start wars against countries which elect politicians with platforms they disagree with, either.

Isn't that exactly what is going on now? Anyway, I'll let this sleeping dog lie over this beaten path...

I do hope better things for Ukraine from here on in. They do have the potential to do so considering their annual gross domestic product is equal to, if not slightly better than, countries that already are members of the EU. Especially if assessed from the lenses of the IMF.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #256 on: July 24, 2014, 09:12:54 AM »
A federation would weaken Kyiv's power and lead to fiefdoms.

Yes it would weaken the central power...which isn't a bad thing. Fiefdom I think is an exaggeration but you see the other options right now...what do u suggest?
Fathertime!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #257 on: July 24, 2014, 09:19:11 AM »
Weakening Kyiv's power would not be a good thing.  What would happen is an oligarch would take control of the region completely.   

Offline Boethius

« Reply #258 on: July 24, 2014, 09:20:15 AM »
Isn't that exactly what is going on now? Anyway, I'll let this sleeping dog lie over this beaten path...

No, the EU didn't send soldiers to Donetsk, or Kyiv, or L'viv.

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #259 on: July 24, 2014, 09:21:38 AM »
Let me assist u a little muzh...first u need to lookup what a federation is...then u will see that Ukraine being federated does not mean that they aren't still one country.  As it stands things r falling apart so negotiating or Ukrainians fighting are the options.  I'm sure u have some 'wise' ideas for a solution.  Haha
Fathertime!

LMFAO

You are definitely a ball buster. You can't be that dim. Heh, heh, heh

You are most probably thinking of what some people want to do here; have states be under the protective umbrella of the US government but do whatever they please, including shit against the country's best interest as a whole.

That kind of federation, right?

Let's hear the Teapartiers.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline fathertime

« Reply #260 on: July 24, 2014, 10:40:19 AM »

LMFAO

You are definitely a ball buster. You can't be that dim. Heh, heh, heh

You are most probably thinking of what some people want to do here; have states be under the protective umbrella of the US government but do whatever they please, including shit against the country's best interest as a whole.

That kind of federation, right?

Let's hear the Teapartiers.

Oh stop being such a sillyhead.  The USA is not the model of a federation regarding Ukraine.   It continues to appear that there is genuine discord in Ukraine.  If that continues to be the case then granting different regions a little more autonomy seems like a reasonable solution. ..better than what is likely to happen otherwise....I'm sure you have a 'wise' all-encompassing solution and are just cruelly withholding it while people die daily.
Fathertime!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #261 on: July 24, 2014, 10:47:14 AM »
It continues to appear that there is genuine discord in Ukraine.

The only discord is that created by the terrorists and their backers.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #262 on: July 24, 2014, 10:47:56 AM »
Oh stop being such a sillyhead.  The USA is not the model of a federation regarding Ukraine.   It continues to appear that there is genuine discord in Ukraine.  If that continues to be the case then granting different regions a little more autonomy seems like a reasonable solution. ..better than what is likely to happen otherwise....I'm sure you have a 'wise' all-encompassing solution and are just cruelly withholding it while people die daily.
Fathertime!

In what parallel universe do you live?

The only genuine discord within Ukraine is coming from Russian invaders. And they don't count when making decisions for Ukraine. The only reasonable solution is to expel seditious elements from the country. Or are you the type who would welcome a jihadist to your home and ask the US government for an equitable solution that would be satisfactory for the jihadist? Seems to me that is what you are advocating.

In a certain way Ukrainians should be thankful for Putin. This man managed to unite a country that was in the brink of dissolution.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #263 on: July 24, 2014, 10:57:25 AM »
Seriously I read your post and you basically are saying nothing.  That is fine. ..I agree that we should do nothing.  Obama is a lot closer to your position than the other candidates woyld have been...I think you are just picking on him outta dislike.   I'm not his fan either but he is not doin a horrible job so far on this issue as he has not made a stupid move like put our troops in there

Fathertime!

Fathertime!

FT, that is because you have proven time and again that you are not able to comprehend anything on this matter other that some lame scenario(s) in your head. I never said we should do nothing. I said we shouldn't IMHO send troops. I said plenty in that post, your inability to understand it isn't my problem. That inability you have proven over and over gain to be your personal handicap. It's impossible to have an intelligent conversation on this matter with you as a result. Your "it's all the "us, we, our" fault is bullshit and that seems to be the only conclusion you are capable of recognizing

Offline fathertime

« Reply #264 on: July 24, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
FT, that is because you have proven time and again that you are not able to comprehend anything on this matter other that some lame scenario(s) in your head. I never said we should do nothing. I said we shouldn't IMHO send troops. I said plenty in that post, your inability to understand it isn't my problem. That inability you have proven over and over gain to be your personal handicap. It's impossible to have an intelligent conversation on this matter with you as a result. Your "it's all the "us, we, our" fault is bullshit and that seems to be the only conclusion you are capable of recognizing

I am capable of recognizing when someone says nothing with a lot if words...your post qualifies. You would have us do nothing much..very similar to obama...you just won't admit it

Clearly Obama can do no right from your warped viewpoint.

Fathertime!

Offline Muzh

« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2014, 11:22:33 AM »
I am capable of recognizing when someone says nothing with a lot if words...your post qualifies. You would have us do nothing much..very similar to obama...you just won't admit it

Clearly Obama can do no right from your warped viewpoint.

Fathertime!

When I read this, this is the mental picture I had.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2014, 11:31:51 AM »

The only discord is that created by the terrorists and their backers.

The evidence appears to show that you and muzh are not correct when you insist that it is only Russians. .there is internal turmoil as well.

Fathertime!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2014, 11:47:34 AM »
Please provide that evidence. 

There was no call for separation from Kyiv by locals.  The "Donetsk People's Republic" was proclaimed not by Ukrainians living in Donetsk, but by Borodai, a Russian citizen, resident of Moscow, who made the proclamation and proclaimed himself leader of that republic.

I have provided numerous links, and videos, of people in regions liberated by the Ukrainian military who denounce the terrorists.  I have provided links to polls, taken before Borodai and Russians came to the region and proclaimed themselves its "saviours", which prove that the majority of the residents of those regions (80%) did not want to separate from Ukraine. 

You, OTOH, make pronouncements with no back up.  So, show me the proof of what you assert. 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #268 on: July 24, 2014, 11:53:35 AM »
You have continued to maintain that it is only Russians causing the havoc.  I only have my phone currently but this evening I shall have a full screen in frint of me and can provide links.

Fathertime!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #269 on: July 24, 2014, 11:56:02 AM »
No, I have not stated only Russians caused the havoc.  I have in the past stated the conflict was created by Ukrainian oligarchs. 

The point is, this is not a popular uprising by the locals.  It has been coordinated, and paid for, by others, including Russia.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #270 on: July 24, 2014, 12:13:32 PM »
The evidence appears to show that you and muzh are not correct when you insist that it is only Russians. .there is internal turmoil as well.

Fathertime!

Just for you.

Live from Burbank California...

Offline fathertime

« Reply #271 on: July 24, 2014, 12:50:23 PM »

MY POST

Fathertime!

YOUR POST:
Please provide that evidence. 

You,OTOH, make pronouncements with no back up.  So, show me the proof of what you assert. 

MY POST:
You have continued to maintain that it is only Russians causing the havoc.  I only have my phone currently but this evening I shall have a full screen in frint of me and can provide links.

Fathertime!
YOUR POST:
No, I have not stated only Russians caused the havoc.  I have in the past stated the conflict was created by Ukrainian oligarchs. 

The point is, this is not a popular uprising by the locals.  It has been coordinated, and paid for, by others, including Russia.

You have moved the goalposts.   

1st I say that there is some involvement by local Ukrianians and you say PROVE IT...then when I say I can...then you move the goalposts, into something I already agree with for the most part..nice tactic.   

Fathertime!   

Offline roykirk

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #272 on: July 24, 2014, 12:59:26 PM »

Thank you for mentioning that.  It's always good to see there are rational thinkers out there, regardless of the "side" they're on.  My wife has tried to remain mostly neutral on this topic, but she's also not able to just let someone talk BS and not call them on it.  When she was in Russia last month she was talking with a couple of friends who mentioned this "local uprising" and how horrible it was that the Ukrainian military was murdering old men, women, and children, who were simply taking up whatever arms they had to protect themselves.  My wife asked, "when was the last time you saw Ukrainian children and old men driving tanks and shooting anti-aircraft missiles?  Did they keep these in the barn?"  What followed then was my wife being berated for "hating" Russia.  The blind hysteria would be funny if there weren't so many horrible things happening because of it. 

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #273 on: July 24, 2014, 01:21:12 PM »
Fathertime,

It is clear that you know little about the FSU and particularly its politics.  That is understandable given that your wife is from Latin America.  The rest of us have spouses from the FSU and have spent time there.  We have read about the history, we have conversed with FSU citizens about politics, etc. 

Some basic facts for you:

-  Many Russians look down on Ukrainians.

-  Russia has long treated Ukraine as a vassal state.

-  Independence is new in the long history of Ukraine.  Many of its citizens cherish its independence, want to keep it, and recognize that to escape Russia's stranglehold Ukraine must develop closer relations with Europe.

-  Putin is an imperialist.

-  Putin will do anything not to lose face and will not allow the separatists to lose  (the US State Dept  has stated it has new evidence showing Russia is 1) sending the rebels "heavier and more powerful"  rocket launchers as in Muzh's video and 2) firing artillery from Russia into Ukrainian military positions). 
l

Offline Boethius

« Reply #274 on: July 24, 2014, 01:31:28 PM »
1st I say that there is some involvement by local Ukrianians and you say PROVE IT...then when I say I can...then you move the goalposts, into something I already agree with for the most part..nice tactic.   

I didn't say the oligarchs were locals.

The goal post is, and always has been, to demonstrate that the average person living in Ukraine, the old women, the parents of the children roykirk mentioned, support separation.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1924
Total: 1932

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Yesterday at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
April 28, 2024, 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 28, 2024, 09:44:27 AM