It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1081963 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1225 on: December 22, 2014, 04:02:23 PM »
Gator, the very name of this thread  means a lot, people are happy that  Russians are getting through hardships. Not Putin, not government but just people. And yes- they are openly wishing dead corps.
The whole board is disturbing

Most posters are not happy that Russians are facing hardship.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1226 on: December 22, 2014, 04:15:36 PM »
At the end of WWII millions of ethnic Germans who could not get away from the Soviets were rounded up and butchered and starved by Stalin and nobody ever wrote much of anything that I am aware of expressing sympathy for them.
Before then, as well.  There were anti German pogroms in Russia during WWI.  There were anti German campaigns before that, as the educated class of Russia, for centuries, was comprised primarily of ethnic Germans. 

On a current note, German experts on Russia have written a letter requesting a more balanced approach to Russian aggression.

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/article/securing-peace-instead-rewarding-expansion

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:17:10 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1227 on: December 22, 2014, 04:19:44 PM »
Before then, as well.  There were anti German pogroms in Russia during WWI.  There were anti German campaigns before that, as the educated class of Russia, for centuries, was comprised primarily of ethnic Germans. 

On a current note, German experts on Russia have written a letter requesting a more balanced approach to Russian aggression.

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/article/securing-peace-instead-rewarding-expansion

Well, while I certainly hope that this letter works, I seriously doubt it.  As in it's got a 99.9999% chance of failure.  Putin was very clear in his speech that he is not backing off of his campaign of terror and aggression in Ukraine.  I certainly believe that Ukrainians are capable and have the heart to defend themselves; they just need the proper weapons to get the job done.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1228 on: December 22, 2014, 04:27:24 PM »

Most posters are not happy that Russians are facing hardship.
Really?
Who is this " most" besides you?

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1229 on: December 22, 2014, 04:30:25 PM »
Most posters here.

Online Faux Pas

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1230 on: December 22, 2014, 04:44:56 PM »
Gator, the very name of this thread  means a lot, people are happy that  Russians are getting through hardships. Not Putin, not government but just people. And yes- they are openly wishing dead corps.
The whole board is disturbing

The most static on this forum right now are from the chest pounding knuckle dragging "let's kill all the Russians" crowd. But, that's not all the static, here. Yours isn't any better. Both are a result of believing everything you read or hear from your trusted sources. The truth likely lies somewhere in the middle. I am not happy with what is happening to Ukrainians or Russians. My wife is currently in Russia and is quite astounded at what many of her friends, very close friends are believing about the U.S.. This is all from Russian propaganda up to and including that the crisis in Ukraine is all the Americans fault. She told me she was glad for me that I didn't make the trip this time. It's very sad, I know and love those people and likely they still do me. All this because of some rich people wanting to play chess with real lives

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1231 on: December 22, 2014, 05:04:26 PM »
Most posters here.
i am probably blind

Offline missAmeno

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1232 on: December 22, 2014, 05:04:51 PM »
Who is this " most" besides you?

I can not even grasp why on earth do you expect rest of the world to bother about hardships of Russians?
Russia wouldn't be what it is today without so many brainwashed russian idiots supporting their power-obsessed-grab-the-land-kill-the-neighbors-schizophrenic-idol. You including. Few months back you was bragging how russians are ready to eat dirt rather than stop the aggression. So what change? Dirt is not tasty enough? Try it with shirtless-on-the-horse-psychotic-cuckoo-nut photos, that will spice up any russian dirt!
Its funny how suddenly everyone should blame politics instead of people when those people just few months back were yelling how much they support those politics.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1233 on: December 22, 2014, 05:09:39 PM »
The most static on this forum right now are from the chest pounding knuckle dragging "let's kill all the Russians" crowd. But, that's not all the static, here. Yours isn't any better. Both are a result of believing everything you read or hear from your trusted sources. The truth likely lies somewhere in the middle. I am not happy with what is happening to Ukrainians or Russians. My wife is currently in Russia and is quite astounded at what many of her friends, very close friends are believing about the U.S.. This is all from Russian propaganda up to and including that the crisis in Ukraine is all the Americans fault. She told me she was glad for me that I didn't make the trip this time. It's very sad, I know and love those people and likely they still do me. All this because of some rich people wanting to play chess with real lives
Listen to the US news and Americans
What  is not " my better"?
Did I ONCE was happy about what Ukraine is getting through? ONCE?
Or did i ONCE supported war? ONCE?
Да типун тебе на язык

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1234 on: December 22, 2014, 05:19:34 PM »
Silly guy, AC.

Were you a charter member to the KKK as well?

If the choice is between my family and your friends Jon, find better friends.

The only escape clause is Navalny.  If Navalny can rid Russia of Putin and Putinism, let's talk.  If not, tell your friends and all the other honest Russians to learn a second language. Win win.

Offline missAmeno

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1235 on: December 22, 2014, 05:24:49 PM »
Listen to the US news and Americans
What  is not " my better"?
Did I ONCE was happy about what Ukraine is getting through? ONCE?
Or did i ONCE supported war? ONCE?
Да типун тебе на язык

You support person who is responsible for this war

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1236 on: December 22, 2014, 05:27:31 PM »
You support person who is responsible for this war
Нe didn' start it. That' one.
Two- show me any post where i support war or hardships for Ukrainians?

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1237 on: December 22, 2014, 05:31:54 PM »
Well, while I certainly hope that this letter works, I seriously doubt it.  As in it's got a 99.9999% chance of failure.  Putin was very clear in his speech that he is not backing off of his campaign of terror and aggression in Ukraine.  I certainly believe that Ukrainians are capable and have the heart to defend themselves; they just need the proper weapons to get the job done.
Putin made multiple attempts to cease the fight
Every time he did it more sanctions were " poured"
It is Poroshenko who doesn't want end of war
Poroshenko and his " friends" overseas

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1238 on: December 22, 2014, 05:37:55 PM »
Your post is inaccurate, Doll.  It is Ukraine that observed all the ceasefires.  All were broken not by Ukraine, but by the terrorists.  They have such honour that they agreed to let Ukrainian soldiers pass in Ilovaysk and then shot those soldiers as they tried to pass.

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1239 on: December 22, 2014, 05:39:21 PM »
Really? You are being too ridiculous.

It is really simple to end the conflict-- withdraw Russian troops and support from Ukrainian territory--including the Crimea-- and it can end overnight.
Russian presence and Russian attempts to control Ukraine are not wanted-- when will you ever get that?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1240 on: December 22, 2014, 05:39:58 PM »
There are many accounts by independent journalists on breaches of the ceasefire, as well as on what is on those "aid convoys", and regular Russian troops fighting in Ukraine.

This account comes during one negotiated "ceasefire".

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/03/ukraine-soldier-youre-better-clueless-because-truth-horrible-moscow-ilovaysk

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1241 on: December 22, 2014, 05:45:42 PM »
Нe didn' start it. That' one.
Two- show me any post where i support war or hardships for Ukrainians?

This monster doesn't want to be saved.  Leave her to her fate.

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1242 on: December 22, 2014, 05:46:20 PM »
There are many accounts by independent journalists on breaches of the ceasefire, as well as on what is on those "aid convoys", and regular Russian troops fighting in Ukraine.

This account comes during one negotiated "ceasefire".

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/03/ukraine-soldier-youre-better-clueless-because-truth-horrible-moscow-ilovaysk
Pleeeeeeeease- independent! Just like Mendelyeev

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1243 on: December 22, 2014, 05:49:41 PM »
Doll, just because you don't happen to like The Guardian, or the BBC, or stringers for half a dozen Western newspapers (most European, and those stringers often are East Europeans), it does not mean their accounts are fabricated.  In fact, the fact that much of what they post is verified by evidence such as filmed footage negates any fabrication.

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1244 on: December 22, 2014, 05:51:38 PM »
The situation currently.  I will note, Mr. Tymchuk is nationalistic (or as others would term him, a patriot), but most of the information he posts has proved accurate.

[Our sources] recorded the arrival of another company tactical group and several gangs from A. Mozgovoy’s formation. The total number of enemy forces in the area of our checkpoints #29 and #31 has reached 600 people; a tank unit (up to 7 tanks), an artillery group (two-battery mixed artillery battalion, besides the cannon artillery – at least 4 MLRS), and about 25 armored fighting vehicles (AFVs) have been observed. The insurgents are armed with a large number of mortars, anti-tank systems, LNGs [anti-tank grenade launcher easels], RPGs; “Bumblebee” flamethrowers were observed as well. In this
area, the enemy fires at the positions of our troops with small arms, sometimes using mortars.

In the area of the settlement of Hranitne, the Russian troops withdrew to the second echelon, two “mobile groups” of local insurgents remained “on the front line” (equipped with NSV-12.7 “Utes” large-caliber machine guns and 120-mm mortars). These groups were tasked with discharging harassing fire onto the positions of Ukrainian troops.  In Amvrosiivka, the commandant’s office of the Russian troops has been set up, staffed by a “rapid response team” (up to 40 servicemen of the Russian Federation) and the unit for
equipment evacuation and emergency repairs. By creating the commandant’s office,
the Russian command ensures “secondary” routes for procurement convoys from
Russia through Amvrosiivka and Telmanove towards the south (the area of Novoazovsk).

[Our sources] have observed a new method of regrouping, that the enemy forces use to conceal their progression to the advanced positions. Now, the personnel and its supporting equipment are moved separately. At first, the personnel arrived at the positions (mostly by
civilian transportation), then the equipment and heavy weapons “roll over” in small groups (the tanks and artillery come last).

http://maidantranslations.com/

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 05:58:36 PM by Boethius »

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1245 on: December 22, 2014, 05:52:21 PM »
Pleeeeeeeease- independent! Just like Mendelyeev

Doll--you refuse to accept any source--there are plenty of Russian sites that acknowledge .
The OSCE representatives themselves have been attacked.
Who do you think is shooting at the Ukrainian forces in defensive positions at the Donetsk airport--or in defensive positions around Mauripol?

Blindly refusing to accept some things as factual is really just being very silly.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1246 on: December 22, 2014, 05:53:19 PM »
I can not even grasp why on earth do you expect rest of the world to bother about hardships of Russians?
Russia wouldn't be what it is today without so many brainwashed russian idiots supporting their power-obsessed-grab-the-land-kill-the-neighbors-schizophrenic-idol. You including. Few months back you was bragging how russians are ready to eat dirt rather than stop the aggression. So what change? Dirt is not tasty enough? Try it with shirtless-on-the-horse-psychotic-cuckoo-nut photos, that will spice up any russian dirt!
Its funny how suddenly everyone should blame politics instead of people when those people just few months back were yelling how much they support those politics.
Послушай ты хоть читаешь, что пишешь?
С каких пор умнейшая нация стала идиотами? Я не оговорилась: русские- умнейшая нация

I reported to the moderator
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 05:55:17 PM by AnonMod »

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1247 on: December 22, 2014, 05:54:42 PM »
Soooo smart

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1248 on: December 22, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »
Doll, just because you don't happen to like The Guardian, or the BBC, or stringers for half a dozen Western newspapers (most European, and those stringers often are East Europeans), it does not mean their accounts are fabricated.  In fact, the fact that much of what they post is verified by evidence such as filmed footage negates any fabrication.
Keep your inferences to yourself, i even))) read Department of States

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #1249 on: December 22, 2014, 06:00:46 PM »
It is not inference.  It is from your words.  You reject all Western sources, including by journalists who are independent and have no ax to grind in the conflict, in favour of a Russo centric/no fault position.

Unlike some, I don't deny that some in the region had legitimate concerns to be addressed, but those concerns would have have been addressed with death and weapons had Muscovites and Russian mercenaries not started a war in the region. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701