It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Propaganda War  (Read 409964 times)

lordtiberius

Re: The Propaganda War
« Reply #1325 on: January 26, 2015, 08:28:18 PM »

I'm not afraid to discuss the issues and give my viewpoint!  It is YOU that have the issues, but I'm ok with you putting them on display with your 'superior' morality.   :D   

Fathertime!

So defend Putin on moral grounds.  Why is it that he can commit atrocity? 

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1326 on: January 26, 2015, 08:33:19 PM »
So defend Putin on moral grounds.  Why is it that he can commit atrocity?

I don't need to defend anybody on moral grounds....i've found numerous partners here on the website that I disagree with, but gladly discuss issues with....Due to your own actions/statements, you are just here to toy with for now.  :)

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Is this what you Russian supporters are really like?
« Reply #1327 on: January 26, 2015, 08:53:26 PM »

There are claims that Berkut officers, acting under the direction of a leader, were responsible, and arrest warrants have been issued on that basis.  All responsible fled Ukraine.  There is no direct link to Yanukovych, AFAIK.

No, Russia was not responsible for this.

Thanks Bo, I remember reading Yanukovych was cleared but never heard much about what happened later.

lordtiberius

« Reply #1328 on: January 26, 2015, 09:29:16 PM »

I don't need to defend anybody on moral grounds....i've found numerous partners here on the website that I disagree with, but gladly discuss issues with....Due to your own actions/statements, you are just here to toy with for now.  :)

Fathertime!

Again.  You can not defend your patron but instead you make ad hominem attacks.  Tell us again who the US is involved, that Russia hasn't invaded Ukraine,  that these atrocities are justified. . . what is your win win?

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1329 on: January 26, 2015, 09:42:24 PM »
Again.  You can not defend your patron but instead you make ad hominem attacks.  Tell us again who the US is involved, that Russia hasn't invaded Ukraine,  that these atrocities are justified. . . what is your win win?

More senseless ramblings.  Continue on please.   :D

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

lordtiberius

« Reply #1330 on: January 26, 2015, 10:58:11 PM »

More senseless ramblings.  Continue on please.   :D

Fathertime!

Distract. Distract while Ukraine buries more innocents.  He has no shame folks.

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1331 on: January 27, 2015, 01:30:09 AM »

Thanks Bo, I remember reading Yanukovych was cleared but never heard much about what happened later.

Where di you see that? Any links for it? I haven't seen it anywhere but maybe I missed it.  :wallbash:

Since he was the CIC he's still on the hook for the murders as far as I can see.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1332 on: January 27, 2015, 04:02:17 AM »
Where di you see that? Any links for it? I haven't seen it anywhere but maybe I missed it.  :wallbash:

Yeah, it doesn't surprise me you can't find much.  Ton of stuff out there claiming he ordered the sniper attacks but not much else countering that.

I don't remember where I read it to be honest.  It was some time ago and I don't have time to look up links.  Most of the western media didn't cover this which also isn't surprising.

There was a recorded call from Estonia Foreign Minister talking about how the bullets that killed both cops and citizens were the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEgJ0oo3OA8&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DZEgJ0oo3OA8&has_verified=1

As far as I know no evidence has been presented besides accusations.

Since he was the CIC he's still on the hook for the murders as far as I can see.

Do you believe all leaders are responsible for atrocities committed under their leadership or is this specific to Yanukovych?

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1333 on: January 27, 2015, 04:14:20 AM »

Offline Muzh

« Reply #1334 on: January 27, 2015, 08:44:20 AM »
Sorry, I can't read Russian.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #1335 on: January 27, 2015, 08:45:58 AM »
Or should I say Я не понимаете по-русски?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline AkMike

« Reply #1336 on: January 27, 2015, 08:55:43 AM »
Or... Better yet!

YA ne budu govorit' po-russki   :clapping: :clapping:

Offline jone

New York Times OP/ED Demonstrates a new awareness in the US
« Reply #1337 on: January 27, 2015, 09:44:13 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/opinion/bernard-henri-levi-george-soros-save-the-new-ukraine.html?ref=opinion&_r=1

The above referenced article, from the voice box of American liberalism, seems to demonstrate an awareness of the stakes involved in keeping Ukraine as a going entity as opposed to the destabilized and fractioned country that Putin is pursuing.

Here are the two paragraphs that sum up the piece:

It is not only the future of Ukraine that’s at stake, but that of the European Union itself. The loss of Ukraine would be an enormous blow; it would empower a Russian alternative to the European Union based on the rule of force rather than the rule of law. But if Europe delivered the financial assistance that Ukraine needs, Mr. Putin would eventually be forced to abandon his aggression. At the moment, he can argue that Russia’s economic troubles are caused by Western hostility, and the Russian public finds his argument convincing.

If, however, Europe is generous with its financial assistance, a stable and prosperous Ukraine will provide an example that makes clear that the blame for Russia’s financial troubles lies with Mr. Putin. The Russian public might then force him to emulate the new Ukraine. Europe’s reward would be a new Russia that has turned from a potent strategic threat into a potential strategic partner. Those are the stakes.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Muzh

Re: New York Times OP/ED Demonstrates a new awareness in the US
« Reply #1338 on: January 27, 2015, 10:04:12 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/opinion/bernard-henri-levi-george-soros-save-the-new-ukraine.html?ref=opinion&_r=1

The above referenced article, from the voice box of American liberalism, seems to demonstrate an awareness of the stakes involved in keeping Ukraine as a going entity as opposed to the destabilized and fractioned country that Putin is pursuing.

Here are the two paragraphs that sum up the piece:

It is not only the future of Ukraine that’s at stake, but that of the European Union itself. The loss of Ukraine would be an enormous blow; it would empower a Russian alternative to the European Union based on the rule of force rather than the rule of law. But if Europe delivered the financial assistance that Ukraine needs, Mr. Putin would eventually be forced to abandon his aggression. At the moment, he can argue that Russia’s economic troubles are caused by Western hostility, and the Russian public finds his argument convincing.

If, however, Europe is generous with its financial assistance, a stable and prosperous Ukraine will provide an example that makes clear that the blame for Russia’s financial troubles lies with Mr. Putin. The Russian public might then force him to emulate the new Ukraine. Europe’s reward would be a new Russia that has turned from a potent strategic threat into a potential strategic partner. Those are the stakes.

LMFAO

It seems to me you are washing your mouth with soap right now after saying such heresy.

:ROFL:

:applaud:

Offline jone

« Reply #1339 on: January 27, 2015, 10:10:21 AM »
I just about spit out my morning coffee laughing at your response, Muzh.

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Muzh

« Reply #1340 on: January 27, 2015, 10:31:24 AM »
Laughter, best medicine in the world.

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #1341 on: January 27, 2015, 11:50:23 AM »
We get rid of one Hugo Chavez and what happens? Another Chavez wannabe crawls out of the sewer somewhere else on the planet...

Tough EU Statement on Russia Didn’t Have Greek Consent, Officials Say

..."Greek Official Says Greece Will Issue Statement Later Tuesday

A toughly worded statement on Russia issued Tuesday by European Union heads of governments didn't have the consent of Greece’s new Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, according to two Greek officials.

“The statement does not have Greece’s consent,” a government official said. The official added that the Greek government will put out a statement later saying the European Council, the body which issued the statement, didn't follow the correct procedure to win Athens’ consent.

In the past, Mr. Tsipras, who took office Monday afternoon, has been sharply critical of EU sanctions against Russia.

In Tuesday’s statement, EU leaders asked the bloc’s foreign ministers to consider further sanctions against Russia as a response to the latest violence in eastern Ukraine, saying Moscow held “responsibility” for the rebels’ actions.

The statement condemned the killing of civilians during “the indiscriminate shelling” of Mariupol on Jan. 24.

“We note evidence of continued and growing support given to the separatists by Russia, which underlines Russia’s responsibility. We urge Russia to condemn the separatists’ actions and to implement the Minsk agreements,” the leaders said in Tuesday’s statement.

There was no immediate comment from a spokesman at the European Council."...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/eu-call-for-more-russia-sanctions-didnt-have-greek-consent-1422363607

You gotta wonder where this radical leftist clown who now runs the country considered to be the trailer park trash of the European Union found the time to embarrass himself with this statement considering his full time occupation is devising a scheme to renege on Greece's legal commitment to repaying the EU bailout program.

...Does not have Greece’s consent, indeed.  :rolleyes:

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #1342 on: January 27, 2015, 01:39:53 PM »
Sometimes the level of propaganda on Russian social media is downright nauseating. Like this notice yesterday on vKontake.

vk graham

Welcome to the world of news, facts, and culture is a group that uses photos of facts about Russia that are often interesting, in order to carry their anti-West and anti-American rants.

Truth: Graham is a liar, masquerading as a journalist.

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #1343 on: January 27, 2015, 01:45:50 PM »
Sometimes the level of propaganda on Russian social media is downright nauseating. Like this notice yesterday on vKontake.

vk graham

Welcome to the world of news, facts, and culture is a group that uses photos of facts about Russia that are often interesting, in order to carry their anti-West and anti-American rants.

Truth: Graham is a liar, masquerading as a journalist.

Yep. That's kinda the answer I was looking for here, Mendy   ;)  ...

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=18749.msg389449#msg389449

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #1344 on: January 27, 2015, 02:06:08 PM »
Some of these are quite funny. More recently stories have been reported on Russian social media that some restaurants are charging customers a surcharge for devaluation of the Ruble.

Ruble depreciation a

It did not take long for Russian news sites to enter the fray, proclaiming that the checks were fakes. Photoshopped, they claim. Besides, the owner of the cafe claimed that the checks were bogus. Okay, that is certainly possible, but why would faithful Russian citizens who love and approve of their government do such a thing?

Then checks from other customers began to surface. This has led the owner to change his story: now the blame has been shifted to a disgruntled former (and unidentified) employee.

On the surface one cannot blame an owner from protecting his business by making a legitimate profit, and the devaluation of the ruble does negatively impact the bottom line. The real issue here is the potential wrath a business owner faces when appearing to point out the country's problems.

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Muzh

« Reply #1345 on: January 27, 2015, 02:19:34 PM »
The latest.

Offline AkMike

« Reply #1346 on: January 27, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »
Mendy, Have you seen this yet?

"Investigations of grocery stores across Russia that were ordered by the prosecutor general have revealed unjustified price increases following a ban on imported foods adopted in response to western sanctions.

Prosecutors in the Samara region found that between August and December 2014, the price of cabbage, cucumbers and peppers increased by 353%, 544% and 654%, respectively, the newspaper RBC Daily reported. The Russian staple buckwheat, which is often used as a kind of social barometer as consumers tend to stockpile it in anticipation of hard times, rose by 276%.

The upward trend has continued this month, with prices for tomatoes, carrots and grapes in the region increasing by 26%, 58% and 85% in the first three weeks of January.

Prices began to rise across Russia following a ban on most food imports from the EU, US, Australia, Canada and Norway, which president Vladimir Putin ordered in August in response to western sanctions over Russia?s role in the Ukraine crisis. In big cities like Moscow, up to three-quarters of food was estimated to be imported.

Sanctions and a fall in worldwide oil prices caused the rouble to lose about half its value in 2014, sending inflation soaring to 11.4% in December and further exacerbating customers? pain at the grocery store checkout. "

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/27/russian-grocery-stores-inflate-prices-after-import-ban

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #1347 on: January 27, 2015, 03:02:51 PM »
Yes, I have.

Each week PM Medvedev visits a grocery store whether at home or during his travels. To be sure, it is a media photo opportunity to assure ordinary Russians that the top brass is on the job. Almost every week it seems that he does find violations. That speaks volumes about the condition of the economy--and the system.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1348 on: January 27, 2015, 03:10:53 PM »
Almost every week it seems that he does find violations. That speaks volumes about the condition of the economy--and the system.

I would blame the system more than the economy on skyrocketing prices. Even the article stated retailers are taking advantage of the situation. Many in the FSU have experienced this greedy system long before the sanctions started. Greed doesn't stop at the government level. But what is the solution? Have the State come in and control prices? State controlled food. A good thing?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #1349 on: January 27, 2015, 03:56:10 PM »

I would blame the system more than the economy on skyrocketing prices. Even the article stated retailers are taking advantage of the situation. Many in the FSU have experienced this greedy system long before the sanctions started. Greed doesn't stop at the government level. But what is the solution? Have the State come in and control prices? State controlled food. A good thing?

It's not taking advantage rather than survival in an economy with a failing currency. Everything he buys will cost him more so he has to charge more. State price control is insurance that no one but the state can remain in business so, it's the system

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541329
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701