It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Plan B for beginning of December  (Read 5828 times)

Offline GatoMoon

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Plan B for beginning of December
« on: November 11, 2016, 03:10:48 PM »
Any suggestions for Plan 'B' trip for long weekend in the beginning of December.    Planning to go to Kiev - perhaps also to Odessa / Kherson /Nikloaev

Anything special?

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
Re: Plan B for beginning of December
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 04:10:13 PM »

Any plan to the FSU should include women unless it's Soviet architecture that floats your boat.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 04:22:32 PM »
I agree with BillyB that fsuw should generally be the centerpiece of trips to fsu. But if you want a side trip you could visit Lviv.  It's a beautiful city. You can reach it from Kiev by train in just a few hours. Take the high speed train.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:24:12 PM by Larry1 »

Offline ML

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 04:54:56 PM »
If you want to experience fantastic scenery . . . travel around the USA.  Most of us have only seen a small sample of what is available.

If I want to see scenery and interesting sights/objects . . . I certainly wouldn't be going to FSU . . . I would be touring the USA. 

My spouse agrees completely with this.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GatoMoon

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 05:14:32 PM »
If you want to experience fantastic scenery . . . travel around the USA.  Most of us have only seen a small sample of what is available.

If I want to see scenery and interesting sights/objects . . . I certainly wouldn't be going to FSU . . . I would be touring the USA. 

My spouse agrees completely with this.

I'd rather hang myself then touring USA lol   I am more of Latin American travel man, but as for 'long weekend' from UK - touring the USA??!!! 

Offline ML

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 10:11:11 AM »
I'd rather hang myself then touring USA lol   

And we are very happy about this.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 11:26:23 AM »
I'd rather hang myself ....

Now that is what I call 'opting out' !!
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 12:05:19 PM »
Any suggestions for Plan 'B' trip for long weekend in the beginning of December.    Planning to go to Kiev - perhaps also to Odessa / Kherson /Nikloaev

Anything special?

Plan B? What happened to Plan A? - Seriously, if your talking about seeing these places and the girl has dropped out then having been to these places I can say its unlikely to be as much fun as with a girl. Kiev in particular you really need company, most of it restaurants are catered for couples, groups, family, there are hardly any bars, except in Hotels for individuals to drink. At night in Kiev drinking happens out on the street, mostly youths in a disorganised manner with alcohol purchased from the supermarkets. Also, Kiev in the winter probably won't feel very hospitable, unless your the real social type, what small amount of tourist industry there is there closes down and was only getting started a little when I visited end of March. I can recommend the Hotel Ukraine though, its very central and real nice decor from the lobby to the rooms, four star, big hotel, can't miss it and breakfast was included.

Odessa is nice, but I visited during the summer, it beach I would imagine would be of little use in the summer so stick to a hotel near the central shopping district (which is away from the beach area. Nice parks and restaurant and bars and of course shopping/supermarket facilities in the shopping district. Overall more accessible to the individual than Kiev for stuff to do, but again winter will be a down time I would guess. All places are better I think if you have a reliable woman lined up if for the long weekend.

Went to Nikolaev, not Kherson though, but for a long weekend I seriously doubt you will have the time to see more than one city or you will just be journeying everywhere. Nikolaev is an interesting scene but not a lot there, mainly the high street and that's it, the rest is if you have time to kill rather than sit around doing nothing.

Remember for all of these winter in the Ukraine the temperature apparently plummets to often colder temperature than our country. Conversing with girls from there last Christmas and they were telling me the temperature dropped to -20 degree C, for us is was a few degrees above Zero degree C. So what I am trying to say is that (not been myself during this time, but) these cities may feel pretty inhospitable this time of the year. Hence why early next year I plan to go to St. Petersburg and possibly Moscow, which are no doubt more touristy. Only then if I'm not feeling it will I hit the Ukraine again heading straight for contacts to help me in my search.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 12:59:46 PM »
Plan B? What happened to Plan A? - Seriously, if your talking about seeing these places and the girl has dropped out then having been to these places I can say its unlikely to be as much fun as with a girl. Kiev in particular you really need company, most of it restaurants are catered for couples, groups, family, there are hardly any bars, except in Hotels for individuals to drink. At night in Kiev drinking happens out on the street, mostly youths in a disorganised manner with alcohol purchased from the supermarkets. Also, Kiev in the winter probably won't feel very hospitable, unless your the real social type, what small amount of tourist industry there is there closes down and was only getting started a little when I visited end of March. I can recommend the Hotel Ukraine though, its very central and real nice decor from the lobby to the rooms, four star, big hotel, can't miss it and breakfast was included.

Odessa is nice, but I visited during the summer, it beach I would imagine would be of little use in the summer so stick to a hotel near the central shopping district (which is away from the beach area. Nice parks and restaurant and bars and of course shopping/supermarket facilities in the shopping district. Overall more accessible to the individual than Kiev for stuff to do, but again winter will be a down time I would guess. All places are better I think if you have a reliable woman lined up if for the long weekend.

Went to Nikolaev, not Kherson though, but for a long weekend I seriously doubt you will have the time to see more than one city or you will just be journeying everywhere. Nikolaev is an interesting scene but not a lot there, mainly the high street and that's it, the rest is if you have time to kill rather than sit around doing nothing.

Remember for all of these winter in the Ukraine the temperature apparently plummets to often colder temperature than our country. Conversing with girls from there last Christmas and they were telling me the temperature dropped to -20 degree C, for us is was a few degrees above Zero degree C. So what I am trying to say is that (not been myself during this time, but) these cities may feel pretty inhospitable this time of the year. Hence why early next year I plan to go to St. Petersburg and possibly Moscow, which are no doubt more touristy. Only then if I'm not feeling it will I hit the Ukraine again heading straight for contacts to help me in my search.

I have been to Odessa in February. It is cold, but the bars were hopping and there were many people out on the streets at night. These are hardy people and do not hibernate in the winter.

HDL

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 01:32:48 PM »

Anything special?

Thought you wanted off of this forum.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 02:02:30 PM »
Thought you wanted off of this forum.

No he wanted to opt out . . . but continue to participate.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 02:48:58 PM »

Isn't that like getting out of the pool but still continuing to swim ?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline ML

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 11:59:40 AM »
Isn't that like getting out of the pool but still continuing to swim ?

Something like that.

On a related note:

I was arrested this summer for peeing in a swimming pool.
I told the officer that everyone pees in the swimming pool.

He said:  "Probably, but they are usually in the pool when they do it."

Offline Bounder

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 12:21:27 PM »

Yes, he wanted to opt out of the forum, citing too much political discussion and not enough dating discussion as his reason.  Jone and some others encouraged him to stick around as, with the election now over, things would soon start to refocus towards the intent of RWD again.  Maybe he took their advice.

When I was younger, I backpacked around Russia for two and half months with my Canadian girlfriend.  So I have to disagree that the the FSU is an unworthy destination for sightseeing and general tourism.  I would HIGHLY recommend it as a destination.

Offline jone

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 12:46:18 PM »
I thought you were only in Russia for seven minutes!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Bounder

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 01:36:55 PM »
I thought you were only in Russia for seven minutes!

You caught me out! :chuckle:

Offline msmob

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 10:39:08 PM »

Anything special?

If it is only for a long weekend - how / why bother to do cities so far apart?  Would you do Aberdeen and Brighton over a long weekend ? - Of course not .. yet the distances are the same..

My advice? Focus on the lady (ies) you'd most like to meet - not the places

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 05:33:30 AM »
If it is only for a long weekend - how / why bother to do cities so far apart?  Would you do Aberdeen and Brighton over a long weekend ? - Of course not .. yet the distances are the same..

No, they're not.  Brighton to Aberdeen is over 700 km in a straight line; Kyiv to Odessa is 440, and they both have airports.  :D  Apart from that, though, I agree - why bother?

My advice? Focus on the lady (ies) you'd most like to meet - not the places

If you're close enough to consider a long weekend, Gato, you could always try just one woman, or one each day.  Whatever your choice, you won't be marrying her without making several more trips.  At least you have the advantage of being much closer than those in the USA or my part of the world.

Just curious - are you looking for a lady within the deaf community, or are you not fussed either way?

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 06:33:02 AM »
I am in Kiev now. It snowed a few days ago. No clearing side streets. Independence Sq. is a nightmare to walk. A few soldiers with weapons and some cops. What is with these ukranians dressing like it is -60c when it is only zero and I feel perfectly fine with just a jacket? They have every spot covered except for eyes. I thought they are used to this weather. Loving time with the ladies.  :D

Offline msmob

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 10:54:49 AM »
No, they're not.  Brighton to Aberdeen is over 700 km in a straight line; Kyiv to Odessa is 440, and they both have airports.  :D  Apart from that, though, I agree - why bother?

I looked at the time on the train - but - in this case you are correct to correct the distances ;)

I did post a riposte to your historical inaccuracies re the Spanish Civil war - but it disappeared ?

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2016, 01:52:24 PM »
Check your ink cartridges Moby,  Perhaps you are posting using invisible ink.

Offline msmob

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2016, 01:46:39 AM »
Check your ink cartridges Moby,  Perhaps you are posting using invisible ink.

:))

Hi Turbo !

The issue is more the rate at which my brain cells are failing.. I did find the response ..

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701