It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How are women thought of in FSU who go for quick 'hook ups'?  (Read 23545 times)

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: How are women thought of in FSU who go for quick 'hook ups'?
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2016, 12:46:56 PM »
I have to disagree..They are taking a risk moving far from home and often bear in mind whether the nation is one where it is perceived that they have rights if things go wrong.

Follow Moby -

If dating progresses to thoughts of marriage, then yes, the man's country will come into play I believe, as will his culture, family, education, job, income, personality, etc. I believe the color of his passport is not high up on that list. Unless the man lives in Liberia. Then it is a negative.

Like Jay says,  a passport is no longer your golden ticket like it was in the 90's. Especially for attractive women.

If a woman is less attractive, is older, has children, or is desperate to leave her wants obviously shift a bit. But those numbers are less these days.

I am sure we all agree that a stable country where there is a decent economy and chance to start a family is important women after they find the right man. Maybe for some it holds more weight than others, but not like it used to.

My wife had a girl at the agency marry a man in Sierra Leon. Think about it. Sierra effing Leon!

We know a RW here in Florida who left the US and moved back to Bangladesh with the guy. What benefit is that to her passport wise?

Another gf here dated guys from all over the world. She went to live with a man in the UK, Israel, Australia, and ended up in Florida. She left the guy in Australia who was wealthy because of something minor. Country was not important to her. The man's income was more important than a passport.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
How are women thought of in FSU who go for quick 'hook ups'?
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2016, 12:55:41 PM »
Country was not important to her.

So what you are saying is that I can't simply wave my blue passport around in
the air and the devushka's panties won't come flying darkening the sky blocking
out the sun?
Say it ain't so!!!?!!

:D

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:03:20 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2016, 12:55:59 PM »
Another gf here dated guys from all over the world. She went to live with a man in the UK, Israel, Australia, and ended up in Florida. She left the guy in Australia who was wealthy because of something minor. Country was not important to her. The man's income was more important than a passport.

Social media opened the floodgates of desperate men.  No need to worry about one when you have tens of thousands or more posting how much they love you whenever a photo is uploaded.  It's gotten to the point I don't even want to post photos.   :P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:15:46 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2016, 02:47:52 PM »
The man's income was more important than a passport.

A distinction without a difference.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
How are women thought of in FSU who go for quick 'hook ups'?
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2016, 03:15:15 PM »

A distinction without a difference.

Exactly, neither one has anything to do with the character, qualities, values or
temperament of the man.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2016, 05:13:07 PM »
That is inaccurate.

Average Russian salary -

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/russia/wages

October 2016 - US$563.

Average Ukrainian salary -

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/ukraine/wages

July 2016 $206.
Who said anything about Russia? I just got a Russian citizenship a week ago. You think I had no citizenship prior to that?

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2016, 05:23:01 PM »

Maybe I am missing something but it sounds like you place a passport high up on the list, to which I once again disagree.

I never said you were. It was just an example of a country where I believe a passport works against a man.

Maybe some women said that, I do not doubt you. And we know women like that here as well. But that was over ten years ago. It is not a fact and times have changed. My belief backed up by speaking to numerous (my wife even worked at a marriage agency) Ukrainian women is that a passport is just not as important as you make it out to be.

This is something my wife and I laugh about all the time. Let's use her as an example and pretend she is an attractive lady from Ukraine.

Why would she want a US or British passport? What benefit (other than slightly easier travel) does that provide her versus a Ukrainian passport?

Attractive women have options and when selecting men and citizenship is not numero uno on the list. Waving a blue passport over your head no longer works.

It depends what women are we talking about. Generally speaking, I agree with you. But I was talking about those specific women who want to emigrate to the West. ONLY for those passport is a top priority. But we're talking about maybe 10% of the overall female population.

The benefit is very simple. Having a passport of a certain country will allow her to live in that country. Who said anything about traveling?

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2016, 05:38:25 PM »
Follow Moby -

Like Jay says,  a passport is no longer your golden ticket like it was in the 90's. Especially for attractive women.

If a woman is less attractive, is older, has children, or is desperate to leave her wants obviously shift a bit. But those numbers are less these days.

I am sure we all agree that a stable country where there is a decent economy and chance to start a family is important women after they find the right man. Maybe for some it holds more weight than others, but not like it used to.

My wife had a girl at the agency marry a man in Sierra Leon. Think about it. Sierra effing Leon!

We know a RW here in Florida who left the US and moved back to Bangladesh with the guy. What benefit is that to her passport wise?

A right passport is not a golden ticket, but it is a key that opens many gates in FSU. If a woman loves a man, she would go anywhere with him. That's different. Also it really depends on a particular woman. It's not a science. There's no way to measure it exactly.

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2016, 06:20:19 PM »
Social media opened the floodgates of desperate men.  No need to worry about one when you have tens of thousands or more posting how much they love you whenever a photo is uploaded.  It's gotten to the point I don't even want to post photos.   :P

You bring up a good point. I asked my wife and she says the number of desperate men compared the number of attractive women is overwhelming. A good looking woman has her pick.

Offline jone

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2016, 06:38:42 PM »

You bring up a good point. I asked my wife and she says the number of desperate men compared the number of attractive women is overwhelming. A good looking woman has her pick.

A desperate man is someone who will settle for anyone so long as he has sex regularly.  A good looking woman, who is willing to have sex regularly, does have her pick.  I thought that was taught in High School?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline fathertime

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2016, 07:44:42 PM »

A pick among a bunch of desperate men it sounds like. Not that there is anything terribly wrong with some men that are desperate.  One thing for a woman to seek out is, why is the man 'desperate'...personally I think the word 'motivated' should be subbed in for 'desperate', in many, if not most  cases.   

A desperate man is someone who will settle for anyone so long as he has sex regularly.  A good looking woman, who is willing to have sex regularly, does have her pick.  I thought that was taught in High School?
I'd say there are more motivating factors than merely regular sex, although I'm sure that is factor, and in some cases the overriding factor perhaps. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline msmob

« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2016, 12:06:44 PM »
If a woman loves a man, she would go anywhere with him.

A highly generalised opinion.

I can think of plenty of nations a right minded FSU lady might think twice about taking herself - and any kids -  to

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2016, 12:22:51 PM »
Who said anything about Russia? I just got a Russian citizenship a week ago. You think I had no citizenship prior to that?

Why would non FSU republics matter?  Former FSU republics had a long way to go.  On the dissolution of the USSR, their factories were obsolete, they had no computing systems or fibre optics to speak of, their electrical grids were half a century behind those of the West, their educational levels were subpar.  It's comparing apples and oranges.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541335
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2419
Most Online Ever: 12701