It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What if AM is Hollywood gorgeous? RW please respond!!  (Read 36859 times)

Offline AnastassiaAsh

• Commercial Member
RE: What if AM is Hollywood gorgeous? RW please respond!!
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 01:32:51 PM »
Wow, this thread is off the hook! It takes several days for me to be absent and something happens...

Aeiouy, it's you who has to relax a little and start asking good questions.

For us to understand where you are coming from, please, post your picture (we will see what kind of 10 you are), let us know more specifics about your finances, tell us why exactly you would like to date RW, what your education/degree is, what kind of work you do and for how many years, if you own your home and if you have any debts or student loans... and so on....

It's great to be a 10, but it's just the beginning, you have to have many other positive traits or pluses if you wish about you. You can attract women but you can't make them stay. It will be even harder with RW.

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 01:41:20 PM »
Not quite:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VowelsDepending on authors, Y and W are also called semiconsonants: they are borderline cases, and dependent on their syllabic position: for instance, Y in YET and in SILLY are pronounced a bit differently, as is W in WET and in COW ;).

Yeah, I know, Sandro.  I was simply trying to give the elementary explanation. 

School kids in the US memorize that the vowels are "a, e, i, o, u and sometimes y and w.   The OP just forgot the end of it :-)

But now that you bring it up, sometimes "r" is a vowel (Vocalic R) and sometimes L and W function as vowels, too.  All of this depends upon the word and the dialect of the region or speaker.  But a look at the speech via a sound spectrogram reveals when the airstream is altered by the speaker.

Anyway, Vowel dude, we do give you credit for coming up with an original name!  So much better than bill or bob!  But did you consider Hollywood Bob?

Offline Simoni

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »

For us to understand where you are coming from, please, post your picture (we will see what kind of 10 you are)

He did have his picture (or someone's picture) posted when he started the thread.  But someone said "you are no 10!" and he pulled it :-)

AEIOU, she is right.   You have received the answer to your statement about looks, now ask other questions about this process...

Good luck!

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 03:26:17 PM »
I love this vowel talk. 

At first glance I thought it was eieio, which would be hilarious.  Now if you want to have some fun and show a RW that you are more than a pretty face, sing Ol' McDonald Had a Farm with her , especially if she has young children. 

Russian kids make different animal sounds than Americans do, and singing the song gets everyone giggling.  And gives a small sample of cultural differences.

Kuna remarked about this some time ago and it is so true.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=8583.0

Offline Gator

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 03:34:34 PM »
On a second look, it became clear.  Rather than a list of vowels, this is a mnemonic.

Handsome, please confess and tell us what this particular mnemonic enables you to remember.  Please.

We could have some fun here with the possibilities, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are serious.

If serious, I suggest that you join Elena's Models and write a few women.  You will soon have partial answers to your questions.  And do not mention that you have never been married.  Just say you have no kids, yet want to have a house full of them.

Offline Ooooops

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 09:04:01 PM »
High moral standards-  That is the are you must think long and hard about.  From what I have seen, you need to understand the environment.  If you do not understand the environment and history, then you are going to have issues.  This is not absolutes, just some observations.

Some examples

Stealing-  A lot of what is yours is mine, a direct result from communism.  So someone stealing is not going to be viewed as a bad person, in the same manner in American terms.  Certain parts of society, will consider them smart and clever.

Why date people from these "certain parts of society" where stealing considered being smart and clever?   Strange choice... 

Offline I/O

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2009, 11:04:57 PM »
It will be much cheaper to buy your next girl friend a pair of fake tits than seek a FSUW

Truer words never spoken.

I/O

Offline Diplomacy

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2009, 06:53:06 AM »
Why date people from these "certain parts of society" where stealing considered being smart and clever?   Strange choice... 

Ooops:

It is not a matter of choosing or dating a person from that part of society.  It is the opposite, finding someone that did not partake or condone such actions.  Could explain why, not just say they "not like"

Offline Ooooops

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2009, 07:11:28 AM »
It is not a matter of choosing or dating a person from that part of society.  It is the opposite, finding someone that did not partake or condone such actions. 

Oh, I see...   Well, I've got a good news for you - most of people in Russia do not consider stealing as "smart and clever", so finding someone honest shouldn't be a problem.      ;)

Offline Diplomacy

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2009, 07:13:05 AM »
Exactly, but there are those that like them some Loch. 

Offline Shadow

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2009, 08:31:44 AM »
Now lets see the questions here (sorry but MrsShadow is occupied with some other gentleman ;D)

You feel you are goodlooking, but are worried that your gf is cheating on you, there for the example of the 'bad AW'.
How secure will you feel 5000 miles away when she does not answer the phone on a saturday night ?
Will you drop her like a sack of potatoes ?

If you look for the perfect woman, you will have to be the perfect husband for her. That includes more than good looks and/or a big wallet.
It takes knowing who you are, being sure of yourself. In your example you did nothing when seeing her chat with some guy. And (where she obviously seemed aware you noticed) did not react on the phone conversation as well. So you got dumped.

Try this on RW and they will dump you much less silent.  :evil:

Now first take a good look in the mirror, slap yourself out of admiring and become a man. Then you might succeed.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Online Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »
   I just wanted to post something with a subject that would get noticed, I fully expected negative responses to the subject.   

It seems that you got what you wanted to :)

Nevertheless I try to squeeze something from your posts that might indeed look like more or less meaningful questions :)

I really spent some time re-reading your initial post and thinking hard what might be the question for us to answer :)  Not because of my English ;)

Let me take this:

So, are RW as materialistic as AW.  How much stock do they really put into a man's appearance, personality, and disposition, wallet?   

No more and no less than any other women in the world. Did you expect a different answer? :)

My question is: in all your valuable experiences, i'm not patronizing anyone, at what age do you think UW women are ready for a commitment?  Obviously, that varies from individual to individual, but generally speaking.  I've heard that FSUW mature faster than WW.   

Please see my answer above.

To sum up, I wouldn't say that FSUW are different from the other female creations, but there is something inique about the dating dynamics in the FSU that makes us to decide to search abroad. Otherwise I hardly see any reasons.

And really aeioy, if you started your RWD presence with the Ladies room, why wouldn't you illustrate your post with some photographic eye feast for us Russian ladies ;) :) ? I mean, wouldn't you show yourself to us? We just luuuvvv attractive guys :)  :-*
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2009, 04:30:42 PM »
Lily, LONG time no hear :(. Welcome back :D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline aeiouy

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2009, 12:41:49 AM »
O.K. Here it is fire away. 

Offline aeiouy

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2009, 01:34:29 AM »
    Alright, I took my pic down cause  I didn't need to be judged by a bunch of men. (and I'm still not sure that someone won't copy it and slander me, it could hapen, you never know).  Someone wanted to see my pic. so I'm posting it now.  Obviously, there are many things that I could comment on, seeing as how my comments seem to be the focus of some good/bad attention.  As I stated earlier, my intentions with my subject heading was intended to have people sit up and take notice   I did not expect this Much attention to my thread....... truthfully, I did not know what to expect. I guess I know now.  I'll try to walk lightly, but honestly, once in awhile emphatically, and on ocassion vainly......(aw c'mon  now, just joking here). 

O.K.  You are all going to give me another chance, because I am going to start asking some GOOD question's, and I am a Good guy and some of you will realize that.  Those of you that don't......who care's life goes, on and I don't need you.

Take care ALL.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2009, 02:35:55 AM »
Don't worry about your chances. If you can not take some from a bunch of unknown guys on the internet, you will not be able to handle RW ;) As for being a good guy, time will tell. We are just a mirror, nothing more.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline aeiouy

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2009, 03:26:44 AM »
  Kind of my first time on an internet forum, so I was not really sure of the etiquette, or the protocol, apparently it's sort of a free-for-all, say what you want to say, dog eat dog cyberworld, kinda like the real world Huh, .   I can handle anything any of you can throw at me.   I ain't going nowhere, gonna bring home my princess some day. 

Offline Ade

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2009, 04:46:35 AM »
  Kind of my first time on an internet forum, so I was not really sure of the etiquette, or the protocol, apparently it's sort of a free-for-all, say what you want to say, dog eat dog cyberworld, kinda like the real world Huh, .   I can handle anything any of you can throw at me.   I ain't going nowhere, gonna bring home my princess some day. 

The Shadow dude is right; try not to take things too personally. You'll find that people on DFs can sound far more blunt and aggressive than they would in the real world. Some probably take great joy in taking the piss out of some newbie with what seems like narcissism issues. ;)

What people said about looks is very true though; they may get you laid but it's your personality and ability to provide a stable and secure environment that will more likely land you a woman that you'll want to spend the rest of your life with. Sure, good looks certainly do not hurt either but I think most good women would have big concerns if she thought you considered yourself to be prettier than her. :D

And about the money. You don't need to be loaded and people can do this on average salaries; I'm pretty sure that there will be a tendency for those guys to rush into marriage and end up marrying someone they hardly know though. Those one week wonders will more often than not end with a train wreck. There are a bunch of threads here by people that did just that and some are true horror stories. Of course, there are always exceptions but they are few.

You could always try the easy route as some have done and date FSUW that are already in the US.

FWIW I still don't think you rate a 10 though.  ;D

Offline Simoni

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2009, 05:25:19 AM »
O.K. Here it is fire away. 
Welcome back, Vowel Guy.  Now that you have survived the greetings, it's on to business, with questions like how to search, where to search, and red flags to watch for. 

Start off by reading here.  Trip reports show you what it is like on the ground, but go back a year or so to get the higher quality ones.

BTW-- good looks DO help a guy, or at the very least, can't hurt.  But an average looking guy to below average does as well as the best looking guy in the fsu, because serious girls are looking for stability and a good heart more than anything.   I mean, look at the pic of the guy above who just knocked your looks!  Even he found a girl!   AND--Three girls here rated you a "10," so how about that? LOL

Offline chivo

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2009, 05:43:36 AM »

Maybe. Most of what you get here will be constructive criticism.

As has been said a number of times, looks are important initially, but if you think that being a 10  :rolleyes2:, or being tall are big factors, you have no clue about women. Of course this helps, no one is saying otherwise. But...

Seems women will have fun with you, but don't consider you anything more than just a play thing at the moment. Why is this?

More to the point. I'm Latin, not ugly, but I don't turn heads, I am also short. I have/have had more RW who want to marry me than I know what to do with.

Why? First and foremost women, and RW, think I have a great sense of humor (OP, you have yet to show this at all). They also say that I'm honest, hard working, REALIABLE, confident, and charismatic. I also don't have any relationship ending bad habits, like abusing alcohol, or being physically or verbally abusive for instance.

Please don't think it's as easy as just saying you'll do something, but I like your confidence, and persistence will be one of the keys in your persuit.

You'll find soon enough if you start this journey, that the pitfalls are many, and it is easy to get blindsided and left back at square one. I  live here, so my odds are infinitely more real than yours, and I have had to deal with problems that would be almost impossible to deal with from afar. I'm here 24/7, you're not. I can at least somewhat deal with it. Makes a huge difference, obviously, and yet it can still pose problems.

Like someone said, wait until she disappears for no apparent reason (to you anyway), after you believe everything is great and you're in love...oh, and not to mention, America.

So, work on being a better, more complete person (we can all do this BTW), learn the culture and language this is very, very important, learn more about what makes a Russian cultured woman tick, because there are slight differences, and get over yourself. Then you might have a 10% chance of being successful. Otherwise I don't care if you look like Adonis, no RW, Ukrainian or American (as we already know) will deal with you longer than necessary.

FWIW I still don't think you rate a 10 though.  ;D

You can put me in that group as well. No I'm not a hater, but fact is fact. You are certainly handsome enough to be successful as long as you combine the other characteristics I mentioned to complete the package.

We all think we're 10's until we stand next to one.

Here are some 10's, but even a few of these guys I wouldn't rate as 10's and all are better looking than any guy I've seen on this forum. Good luck and ...ladies enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&hl=en-GB&v=IjcKest6VBU&feature=related

chivo

Online Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2009, 06:34:42 AM »
chivo, I opened this movie with anticipation to enjoy the watch, but I barely watched this for 1/3 of time. Just could not stand the view. A tens?  ::) come on. Totally uninteresting, unexciting creatures of male beings  :(

Male attractiveness is a little different thing. Yes it is connected with the person's appearance. An appearance signals us on the man's genetic chart, that means on the things that have been given him by God and parents, as well as on his acquired features and qualities, like demeanor, voice, manners, communicative abilities, etc. The latters are able to improve the formers, as far as I heard, that would mean that by working on self-improvement, we work on our genes to some extent.

Ultimately, for a female as reproductory force, it is the genes that are the most important in a prospective mate. It works instinctively and subconscionally, and irrespectively from whether she wants kids or not. Our instincts urge us to chose the best genes, and decline the men who do not exhibit excellent genetic code. The key is to exhibit them, to make them visible for women - as a rule, people don't have a lot of time to get to know each other good enough, so many of good gene charts remain unread, unfortunately. Their owners just could not exhibit them well enough.

Now on the Hollywood thing that was mentioned here. By talking about Hollywood, it looks  like we are talking about very sexually attractive people, in particularly, the men. One should not forget, however, that the movie industry exploits quite many types of people, both men and women, so when we say 'someone is Hollywood gorgeous', each of us may mean rather different types of appearance. Jack Nicholson. Johnny Depp. Cary Grant. Leo di Caprio. All different guys, don't you think so? However I think that the audience would be rather similar in the internal qualities that those actors show in their screen characters. Determined. Unique. Bold. Dedicated. Passionate. Exciting.

As a woman, I perhaps could tell that the last quantity that I mentioned carries the most weight in the men's ability to attract. ' You excite me beyond my power to explain, you make my heart bubble like champaign' :) If the men excites me, I am probably quickier in love with him than I realize this ;) :) Female instincts conquered, the woman is conquered.

Perhaps I could mention one more thing that I noticed in many, if not in all exciting men that I met in my life. They all have in them some big deal of pleasure. If I look at the man, and his appearance signals me that this man has much pleasure in his life - the man is attractive. My instincts read up, 'if I go with him, I 'd also enjoy same pleasures as he used to do'. Beauty is, essentially, a promise of pleasure. If the man signals me that he used to have a dire life behind him, my female essence would tell me, 'hands off him, if he struggles, you as his woman will likely experience the same.' This is how mother nature tells the women to think. Both pleasure and tiredness may be read up from the person, that's why I think that we should exhibit our best :)

Isn't it what the author of thread meant by being Hollywood gorgeous? ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 07:14:03 AM by Lily »
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Turboguy

Re: RE: What if AM is Hollywood gorgeous? RW please respond!!
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2009, 07:28:03 AM »
Vowel guy-- Vowels occur when sounds are pronounced with an open vocal tract so that there is no build-up of air pressure at any point above the glottis. Consonants occur when the mouth or tongue clips the air flow.

The vowels in the alphabet are represented by the letters a, e, i, o, u and sometimes y and w.
www.educationoasis.com/curriculum/Reading/glossary_reading_terms.htm

So maybe you will change your name to a.e.i.o. u.y.&.w :-)

Maybe AEIOUY?W?     Think I will change mine to WGAF   :evil:

Vowel guy I will let you in on all the secrets of RWD.  We are really just like a bunch of attack dogs who haven't been fed in days and have been trained to make vicious attacks on command.   Here is a short list of the commands and the attacks.  We have been trained by some great trainers  ie jb, KenC et. al.

Command 1.   I am 50 but look 30   (Go for the juggler)
Command 2.   I am handsome,  (bite off the ears and nose)
Command 3.   My gal is 30 +/-years younger than me.  (Go for the butt)
Command 4.   I know all the answers, I have read all the MOB websites.  (Kill)
Command 5.   I want to know how to do a fiancee visa for a woman I haven't met.  (Go for the privates)
Command 6.  I am in love with a wonderful woman I have been writing from HRB  (Dine on brains but it will be a small dinner)
Command 7.  I had a beautiful woman write me on Match.com who already has a visa and is coming next month.  What is the best way to send her money for her trip.  (ah, keep our growls down and send him to Western Unions website.  He deserves what he will get.)

There is more, but that gives you the idea.   I would show you my scars but they are in a rather private area.   :mooning:

The good side is if you throw us a bone or a steak once in a while sometimes we are not too bad.   Sometimes I feel sorry for Dan who tries his best to keep us under some kind of decent behavior. 

I really do think looks are not as important with FSU women.  Many just want a good man who will give them a decent life and try to make them happy.   It is really the way things should be.  Looks are pretty superficial and the real beauty of a person is inside and RW do have a lot of inner beauty.   Good luck with your search.  You seem to be a pretty good guy and I am sure you will do well. 

Offline chivo

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2009, 07:33:43 AM »
chivo, I opened this movie with anticipation to enjoy the watch, but I barely watched this for 1/3 of time. A tens?  ::) come on. Totally uninteresting, unexciting creatures of male beings  :(

I have at times in the past, silently questioned your taste in men. But if these don't excite you, what can I say. I have no doubt you're in the minority. If I remember correctly, Brad Pitt is boring and uninteresting as well to you.

But, I have heard a surprisingly large number of RW tell me the same about him here, so maybe there's something to it. Seems he's too much like other RM in his looks to seem exotic or unique, or so I'm told when I follow up on the question of "why do you think so".     

As you of all people know, it takes more than good looks to become "interesting, exciting creatures of male beings" (I do I love the way Russians use the language).

I would be interested in you showing me just what a 10 is in your opinion. If you're telling me the OP is and none of these guys are, then, all can say is I have the number of a good optometrist and would suggest you pay him a visit.  8)

This is basically about physical qualities, nothing more. I also said that I wouldn't rate some of them as 10's, but I think, better yet, know some are. And I don't think I will be alone in that assessment.

If the majority of RW come on here and agree with you, then I will stand corrected. Oh, and I have a number of RW who are in and out of my apt. during the week (I teach them English guys), and if they also agree with you, which I highly doubt BTW, then I will bow to your judgement. Somehow, I don't think this will happen. Good luck.

chivo

Offline Simoni

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2009, 07:35:19 AM »
However I think that the audience would be rather similar in the internal qualities that those actors show in their screen characters. Determined. Unique. Bold. Dedicated. Passionate. Exciting.

As a woman, I perhaps could tell that the last quantity that I mentioned carries the most weight in the men's ability to attract.

Perhaps I could mention one more thing that I noticed in many, if not in all exciting men that I met in my life. They all have in them some big deal of pleasure. If I look at the man, and his appearance signals me that this man has much pleasure in his life - the man is attractive. My instincts read up, 'if I go with him, I 'd also enjoy same pleasures as he used to do'. Beauty is, essentially, a promise of pleasure. If the man signals me that he used to have a dire life behind him, my female essence would tell me, 'hands off him, if he struggles, you as his woman will likely experience the same.' This is how mother nature tells the women to think.

Great stuff, Lily!  My wife says you have it exactly correct.

And for those guys, those negative or greedy guys searching for a woman, your post should be gold.  And a call to change.

Offline chivo

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2009, 07:44:12 AM »
Male attractiveness is a little different thing. Yes it is connected with the person's appearance. An appearance signals us on the man's genetic chart, that means on the things that have been given him by God and parents, as well as on his acquired features and qualities, like demeanor, voice, manners, communicative abilities, etc. The latters are able to improve the formers, as far as I heard, that would mean that by working on self-improvement, we work on our genes to some extent.

Ultimately, for a female as reproductory force, it is the genes that are the most important in a prospective mate. It works instinctively and subconscionally, and irrespectively from whether she wants kids or not. Our instincts urge us to chose the best genes, and decline the men who do not exhibit excellent genetic code. The key is to exhibit them, to make them visible for women - as a rule, people don't have a lot of time to get to know each other good enough, so many of good gene charts remain unread, unfortunately. Their owners just could not exhibit them well enough.

Now on the Hollywood thing that was mentioned here. By talking about Hollywood, it looks  like we are talking about very sexually attractive people, in particularly, the men. One should not forget, however, that the movie industry exploits quite many types of people, both men and women, so when we say 'someone is Hollywood gorgeous', each of us may mean rather different types of appearance. Jack Nicholson. Johnny Depp. Cary Grant. Leo di Caprio. All different guys, don't you think so? However I think that the audience would be rather similar in the internal qualities that those actors show in their screen characters. Determined. Unique. Bold. Dedicated. Passionate. Exciting.

As a woman, I perhaps could tell that the last quantity that I mentioned carries the most weight in the men's ability to attract. ' You excite me beyond my power to explain, you make my heart bubble like champaign' :) If the men excites me, I am probably quickier in love with him than I realize this ;) :) Female instincts conquered, the woman is conquered.

Perhaps I could mention one more thing that I noticed in many, if not in all exciting men that I met in my life. They all have in them some big deal of pleasure. If I look at the man, and his appearance signals me that this man has much pleasure in his life - the man is attractive. My instincts read up, 'if I go with him, I 'd also enjoy same pleasures as he used to do'. Beauty is, essentially, a promise of pleasure. If the man signals me that he used to have a dire life behind him, my female essence would tell me, 'hands off him, if he struggles, you as his woman will likely experience the same.' This is how mother nature tells the women to think. Both pleasure and tiredness may be read up from the person, that's why I think that we should exhibit our best :)

Unfortunately when I posted prior, all I read was the first two lines of your post. For some reason this was all that was posted on my computer.

Now that I have had a chance to read the rest, I couldn't agree more with you and, as usual, your follow up was indeed excellent. Hits the nail of the head so to speak. But, to answer this question even though your tongue is planted perfectly in cheek...

Isn't it what the author of thread meant by being Hollywood gorgeous? ;)

No.

chivo

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541401
Total Topics: 20862