It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting the K1 Visa docs!!!!!  (Read 26997 times)

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Starting the K1 Visa docs!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »
Just called them again today to verify that they do indeed have my new address and they confirmed it. Now I'll just have to stay on top of them and check the website regularly.  :wallbash:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Vaughn

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »
Hammer, doncha just feel like you're their secretary at times ??  Wait until AOS, AP etc. go in as a bundle - the potential for mistakes increases exponentially. Eventually all of it will come together.

My wife had to wait almost 18 months for a Social Security number because, as SSA put it, "Some clerk in Texas screwed up".....

Is your lady well-prepared for (and confident about) the impending interview?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 01:59:48 PM by Vaughn »

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2012, 02:42:15 PM »
Is your lady well-prepared for (and confident about) the impending interview?

Well, I plan on being at the interview with her so we plan on "studying up" before hand.  ;D

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »
Yeah, I have a feeling that I will be having to call them again in the future.  :arguing:

I was being facetious with "you should have never moved" line but, you soon come to find that is actually, how they'll treat you and their mindset. It can get so frustrating.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »
I was being facetious with "you should have never moved" line but, you soon come to find that is actually, how they'll treat you and their mindset. It can get so frustrating.

I know what you mean. I may be regretting moving by the time all this stuff is over. LOL  :cluebat:

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2012, 06:43:42 PM »

Apparently, they sent the letter to my old address even though I verified with them that they did indeed have my new address some time ago. It figures that the morons in the USCIS managed to screw this up.

USCIS screwed up on my wife's documents too. On the I-129F I stated she was living in Libya and answered the questioned "Where would your financee like to take the interview?". I answered Ukraine, they delivered to Libya. Lost time.

Although USCIS does a lot of things twice, it keeps them busy and it's job security.

Well, I plan on being at the interview with her so we plan on "studying up" before hand.  ;D

You will sit in a waiting room for awhile. An employee will study your documents and probably read your phone records, airline tickets, email correspondence between you and your fiancee to verify your relationship. Your fiancee will be called up to a window. Walk with her to show you're there in support but you will be told to sit back down and your fiancee will do the interview alone. She can do it in English or native language.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2012, 07:39:41 AM »
I just got a surprise today!!!!!!!  :clapping:  This week I had to deal with the USCIS sending my NOA2 to my old address. I figured it would be another 2 weeks till I got the letter re-sent to me. Well, today my girl told me on Skype that she just recieved a letter in the mail telling her that her K1 packet was in Kiev and that she needed to get her documents ready and call for her interview. WTF???? Here I was expecting to have a delay but lo and behold, they had sent the K1 docs quite a while back!!!! Man, am I shocked to all hell!!!!!!!  :o

Offline ML

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2012, 09:04:49 AM »
As I understand it; you are getting certain packets in USA and your gal is getting certain packets in Ukraine.

Her getting a packet in Ukraine sooner than expected doesn't help with your USA situation of not getting a packet yet . . . does it?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2012, 09:24:51 AM »
As I understand it; you are getting certain packets in USA and your gal is getting certain packets in Ukraine.

Her getting a packet in Ukraine sooner than expected doesn't help with your USA situation of not getting a packet yet . . . does it?

The only thing I was waiting for was the NOA2 (letter of petition approval) which apparently they sent but to the wrong address. They are re-sending it to my new address. At the same time they sent the original NOA2 to me, they must have just forwarded the approved petition to NVC and then from there to the embassy in Kiev because Lena got her packet 3 letter today in her mail box. So everything seems to be moving along regardless of the address SNAFU on my end. I still plan on keeping tabs on things. You just never know with the govt..... :wallbash:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:26:28 AM by Hammer2722 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2012, 06:51:54 PM »
she needed to get her documents ready and call for her interview.

YOU have to pay for that call and will be alloted a certain amount of minutes to talk. You, instead of your fiancee, can call and schedule a date. You can also ask questions to help you prepare.

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee-step3.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2012, 09:46:45 AM »

YOU have to pay for that call and will be alloted a certain amount of minutes to talk. You, instead of your fiancee, can call and schedule a date. You can also ask questions to help you prepare.

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/fiancee-step3.html

Yes, Billy I understand this. Lena and I have agreed for me to do this but she wants me to wait till she gets her Passport. She had to re-new it because it was expiring in less than 6 months. She want to be sure she has it in hand before making the appointment which I will call and make after we agree she is ready.  :)

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »
Well, I just got another letter but it seems what I got re-sent was a letter from the NVC that I never got. I thought they were re-sending me the NOA2. Will I be needing this NOA2 later on down the road or can I just move on and work on the interview since this letter does say that my application was approved?

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2012, 05:24:13 PM »
Well, I just got another letter but it seems what I got re-sent was a letter from the NVC that I never got. I thought they were re-sending me the NOA2. Will I be needing this NOA2 later on down the road or can I just move on and work on the interview since this letter does say that my application was approved?

IIRC, there isn't anything for you to do. They should be sending her notification of the interview and she needs to be there

You should be able to look up your case online. Have you done that?

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2012, 05:37:09 PM »
IIRC, there isn't anything for you to do. They should be sending her notification of the interview and she needs to be there

You should be able to look up your case online. Have you done that?

She's already gotten the letter from the embassy. We're just waiting for her to get her renewed passport to arrive before setting the interview appointment. I just went online to USCIS and found out I can submit a form I-824 to have them re-send me the approval so no worries there.  :clapping:

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2012, 06:48:47 PM »
What's the hold up with the pp?

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »
What's the hold up with the pp?

Her passport expires in the next 6 months so she had to renew it. It takes about a month. Its only been 2 weeks so have to wait another 2 weeks. I don't want to make an appointment without having it in hand knowing how Ukraine works (or doesn't) LOL

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2012, 09:24:33 AM »
Finally got the NOA2 on Friday. I had to send in some special form to have them re-send me a copy. Now waiting for Lena's Passport renewal before making the interview appt.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2019, 02:15:05 PM »
Well, I am officially starting the K1 docs for my Olenka. First thing I realized is that I could not find my birth certificate. Have no clue where it is. My mom has the original but since it has a raised seal it is not accepted by the government so I had to order copies from my birth state's office of vital statistics. Hoping to get these in the mail next week. Let the fun begin!!!!!!!  :clapping:

Pray tell. So what happened to YOUR Olenka?!?

Your last post in bold said you only needed to make the call for her interview? Fast forward to today, that's a different gal you're holding.

What happened? Spygate? Nefarious background check result, or you just found a bigger, better deal than your Olenka? (LMAO)

You got all her family members so excited, too.

The MOB, man...like they say in the NBA - IT's FANTASTIC!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 02:17:18 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Brianbinny

• Trips: Resident
Starting the K1 Visa docs
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2019, 04:42:36 AM »
You need to change the category of the J1 visa research-->clinical. The information is available in the DOS website. You can change to a clinical J1 or apply for new J1 if you complete the research program before starting the residency. You can not apply to an H1B if you do not do the 2 yeas.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2275
Total: 2286

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM