It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Justin Bieber  (Read 5159 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Justin Bieber
« on: February 19, 2020, 04:38:53 AM »
Ok, so this might be a bit of a strange topic to have on a Russian discussion forum but it is one that has always intrigued me and one that relates to attraction/relationships.

I bring this topic up as for the life of me I can't see why women actually dig this guy. I don't really mean the music he does here, he is no doubt talented enough on that most likely through genetics more than much hard work. However, many women seem to see him in a desirable way in terms of relationship.

On the face of it though he fails at almost every hurdle that women tend to set. He is only 5.7 so a bit in the short side for many women, he is weedy looking and has little muscle, facially he is probably not very masculine looking, he even one broke his leg on stage, etc, etc.

The only thing he has going for him is that he is rich, famous and does well with his music - one area only it appears he is good at. Surely this though does not make it that women ignore all their usual hang ups over the negatives above and creates an illusion where they are oblivious to those negatives?

Now I don't have anything against the guy not for him but surely the guy being wealthy etc doesn't convert him from being a guy most girls probably wouldn't look at to one many of them are turned on by?

At the moment he is married to Hailey Baldwin and his ex Selena Gomez has seemingly had a long term obsession with him. Both girls are what I would call attractive looking but would either be normally into a guy with his looks/build? Wouldn't he normally get little attention from such girls, even be laughed at by them considering his dimuative form?

To date the only other guy that comes to mind in the past is Woody Allen. Another small guy of weak physical form that women apparently regarded as a sex symbol????

So how can this be? How does this really work? It surely can't just be these guys being rich & famous that clouds these women's usual scrutinizing eye can it?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
Re: Justin Bieber
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 09:37:39 AM »
Please . . . let's don't discuss such silly stuff here !
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 12:32:50 PM »
Justin Bieber was something like 16 when he started dating Selena Gomez.  Most 16 year old pop stars appeal to 11-16 year old girls.  Imagine that - young girls are attracted to young boys!

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 01:01:09 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 02:09:34 PM »
Justin Bieber was something like 16 when he started dating Selena Gomez.  Most 16 year old pop stars appeal to 11-16 year old girls.  Imagine that - young girls are attracted to young boys!

Selena Gomez is now 27 and only in the last few years 'might' have gotten over him. I'm not so sure on that given her lack of being with any other guy any real time so essentially still single. Now some one like her shouldn't have any trouble getting a hugh choice of many a guy.

Females at large still seem to dig Beiber enough, his music still sells well, his latest record did and it sure weren't me buying his records, lol. I don't think this is so much an age thing.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 02:15:23 PM »
So you can read Selena Gomez' mind?  How do you know if she pined for Justin Bieber?  Perhaps her health issues were more important to her than short term dating.

Who is buying Justin Bieber's music?  Who is attending his concerts?  It's not women his age or older. 

Incidentally, his latest album is selling well only because an album is part of the package on a sale of tour tickets.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 02:28:02 PM »
So you can read Selena Gomez' mind?  How do you know if she pined for Justin Bieber?  Perhaps her health issues were more important to her than short term dating.

Who is buying Justin Bieber's music?  Who is attending his concerts?  It's not women his age or older. 

Incidentally, his latest album is selling well only because an album is part of the package on a sale of tour tickets.

Selena Gomez has written a lot of songs about Justin Bieber, there has been a lot of social media, articles and even her own interviews about him. She is over most of her illness problem, it could come back if she overdoes it. She could date but it looks like she is having trouble finding someone to match up to Justin, that I find bizarre as he really is t much to look at as far as the usual measurements of what is usually seen as desirable by females of males as I noted in the OP.

Justin is now 25 so well passed to ages you mention. I don't doubt that some younger girls are into him and some his age or possibly older. I still doubt that it equates to just a popstar thing. Some women I think are into him and not just the pop star element. I think they are into both, whether many women would if he wasn't a pop star who knows, I doubt it but I still don't see how being a pop star can make them overlook the usual desirable criteria they have for men.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 02:54:33 PM »
What a stupid argument.  I don't know why I'm even responding.

You don't know if their relationship is real.  John Travolta has been married for something like 20 years, despite the fact he is a gay man with a string of partners/hookups behind him.

You don't know Selena Gomez's life beyond what publicists want you to know.  It may have suited her public persona to be "pining" for the drug addled neanderthal Justin Bieber.  You don't know if that's a reality.

Please attend a Justin Bieber concert and report back on the average age of his audience. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 03:04:55 PM »
What a stupid argument.  I don't know why I'm even responding.

You don't know if their relationship is real.  John Travolta has been married for something like 20 years, despite the fact he is a gay man with a string of partners/hookups behind him.

You don't know Selena Gomez's life beyond what publicists want you to know.  It may have suited her public persona to be "pining" for the drug addled neanderthal Justin Bieber.  You don't know if that's a reality.

Please attend a Justin Bieber concert and report back on the average age of his audience. 

Boe I seriously doubt there is enough cohesion among publicists to all end up at the same/similar point and yet not know of some other real reality. Sure in the early days of a relationship some are done temporarily just for publicity or whatever, but a long running thing would be hard to prolong like that if not impossible.

The paps are everywhere with those sorts of celebs there is huge money in getting a scoop on something. There are members of staff who will sell out for a large enough sum if they have something juicy enough.

I have no interest in attending a Justin Bieber concert, lol. I'm not really talking about the most avid fans here or concert goers more women in general.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 03:15:15 PM »
Most "pap" photos in the entertainment industry are staged.  In fact, celebrities call photographers to tell them where they will be.

If publicists didn't work to influence perception, celebrities wouldn't be paying them hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for representation.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 03:21:24 PM by Boethius »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 03:29:44 PM »
Most "pap" photos in the entertainment industry are staged.  In fact, celebrities call photographers to tell them where they will be.

If publicists didn't work to influence perception, celebrities wouldn't be paying them hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for representation.

Some photos are some aren't. At the end of the day celebrities like Selena Gomez will be photographed whenever they are in public, all of them will be worth money to a newspaper/magazine. If a magazine has to work it up a bit to make a story even a placid one over it they will, stories sell.

Mostly those that tell the paps where they will be will be those celebrities whose star is beginning to wain, Selena is not there yet as she is still the second or third most followed person on Instagram apparently, I don't do Instagram.

Possibly she is a lesbian, she has done female 'friends' and if she kept it very quiet behind closed doors, though I would be surprised if someone hadn't blabbed yet.

I still don't get why Justin is look at as some kind of admiration by woman though, seems perculiar.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 03:41:26 PM »

Nope.  Most pap photos are staged.

Second, most women are not attracted to Justin Bieber.

Finally, you are focusing on superficialities that have little relevance to the average person. 

Have a look of the photos of the men posting here.  For the most part, they are average looking.  No Jude Law or Cagatay Ulusoy in the bunch.  None, AFAIK, has Justin Bieber's bank account. Yet, they were attractive to at least one attractive woman.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 03:49:52 PM »
Nope.  Most pap photos are staged.

Second, most women are not attracted to Justin Bieber.

Finally, you are focusing on superficialities that have little relevance to the average person. 

Have a look of the photos of the men posting here.  For the most part, they are average looking.  No Jude Law or Cagatay Ulusoy in the bunch.  None, AFAIK, has Justin Bieber's bank account. Yet, they were attractive to at least one attractive woman.

There are other reasons than looks of course and I am talking about more than one woman. Justin Bieber may not appeal to most women but he has a large appeal way, way above that of most men. Is it justified? I don't think it is not off the back of being a famous pop star and having a few bob. As far as the physical form is concerned many a girl would ordinarily find him a let down I believe and normally them too.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 03:53:49 PM »
This whole thread just proves once again that you have zero understanding of women.

Be the best version of you.  Don't look at, or worry about, other men who have zero relevance to who you are.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2020, 03:57:55 PM »
This whole thread just proves once again that you have zero understanding of women.

Be the best version of you.  Don't look at, or worry about, other men who have zero relevance to who you are.

I know, it just makes me wonder how people work.

I mean if a not very attractive girl got up and sung would she have such a following, highly unlikely. Kind of reminds me of that Meatloaf song 'I would do anything for love' where they brought in an attractive looking woman to mime over a female singer who wasn't that attractive looking.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2020, 04:20:47 PM »
Trench posting as clueless  - as ever

This lass sold the highest selling studio produce Album in the last 20 years ..

http://chartmasters.org/2019/06/adele-albums-and-songs-sales/

Whilst *I* haven't bought any  - I know plenty of families that have her stuff

You don't get out much, Trench

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 04:26:35 PM »
Trench posting as clueless  - as ever

This lass sold the highest selling studio produce Album in the last 20 years ..

http://chartmasters.org/2019/06/adele-albums-and-songs-sales/

Whilst *I* haven't bought any  - I know plenty of families that have her stuff

You don't get out much, Trench

She will have quite a following among the many fat chicks out there. She will be like a messiah to them.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 04:34:06 PM »
Adele is one of the world's top recording artists.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:49:31 PM by AnonMod »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 04:39:10 PM »
  Adele is one of the world's top recording artists.

I have never heard of many guys into her, let alone any lusting after her. I don't think her following contains many straight men.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:50:11 PM by AnonMod »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2020, 04:41:55 PM »
What's that got to do with Justin Bieber's status as a "sex symbol", attractive, as you assert, to the majority of women?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2020, 04:50:18 PM »
What's that got to do with Justin Bieber's status as a "sex symbol", attractive, as you assert, to the majority of women?

I mean men usually will only follow a female pop star en-masse if she is at least average looks or better and takes care of herself, ie not fat.

For a guy though it looks like women judge by a different criteria and one that sometimes such as in the case of Bieber doesn't make much sense.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »
It makes perfect sense if you look at Justin Bieber's target audience - middle school girls.

Teen aged boys don't look like fully grown men, and it is in Bieber's interest to retain as close as possible that teen look.  His audience is not supposed to be grown women.

Have a look at the top artists for 2019, by sales.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2019/top-artists

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2020, 05:24:24 PM »
It makes perfect sense if you look at Justin Bieber's target audience - middle school girls.

Teen aged boys don't look like fully grown men, and it is in Bieber's interest to retain as close as possible that teen look.  His audience is not supposed to be grown women.

Have a look at the top artists for 2019, by sales.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2019/top-artists

That could be one possible explanation. When I was at school though it was the guys who were at the more masculine looking end of the spectrum that got the hottest girls though that was in my early teen years. Middle school pre teen age may be a different matter, most/nearly all girls at that age didn't really date boys at that age.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2020, 06:47:33 PM »
I can't see why women actually dig this guy.

he is rich, famous and does well with his music

I'm not a Beiber Beliber. I don't listen to his music but he's a 10 in money, a 10 in fame, and a 10 in singing. Most guys are a 10 in nothing.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2020, 11:03:57 PM »
most/nearly all girls at that age didn't really date boys at that age.

:ROFL:

Trench - you ARE useless at understanding ANYTHING about women of ANY age

You have previously moaned about fat teenage Mums on benefits ....

I don't know about YOU - but *I* was suddenly VERY interested in girls c. 13 yrs old ...  When I first arrived in England ( from N.Ireland) I had an incredibly strong accent and the largest, most physically mature lad m age quietly threatened me  what would happen if I chatted up his girl ..who I'd never even MET ..

My daughters had boyfriends at was a scary age for me and I'm certain my first wife lost her virginity at the age you suggest unlikely ...  At least a third to a half of under 16s have lost their virginity ..impossible to know accurately

http://www.nhsborders.scot.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/our-services/general-services/underage-sexual-activity-interagency-guidance/sexual-activity-and-the-under-sixteens/

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2020, 09:55:58 AM »
I'm not a Beiber Beliber. I don't listen to his music but he's a 10 in money, a 10 in fame, and a 10 in singing. Most guys are a 10 in nothing.

There is that, even though the guy is probably a bit under par on the physical/looks side I guess we know that money & fame can do a lot for a lot of women. I find that bizarre almost contradictory but I guess that's women, lol.

The thing is the guy (tastes in music aside) is around a 10 in music judging by records sold and that has brought him a 10 in money and fame. Not all talents seem equal though, some seem easier to cash in on and others more harder.

If we look at Mark Zuckerberg, his wealth surprisingly far exceeds Justin Bieber. Beiber has an estimated $285 million wealth whereas Mark Zuckerberg has an estimated $80.7bn wealth. So in terms of wealth Zuckerberg's IT & Business talent has trumped Bieber in terms of wealth by a long, long way. Zuckerberg is no doubt famous but in a different way to Bieber. Zuckerberg is seen as an IT geek, Bieber a pop star. While both are well known I'm guessing Bieber has a lot more pulling power than Zuckerberg with women, lol.

On the other hand there are no doubt people with a 10 in subject areas that find it very hard to cash in on it. A you tube music video can be uploaded in minutes of a newbie wannabe pop star and if good enough may catch on and go viral. Someone working in Science, Medicine, Engineering, etc probably will have a lot harder time of hitting anywhere near similar money.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1900
Total: 1911

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM