It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anyone else here thinking of/dreaming of living in the FSU?  (Read 34558 times)

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Anyone else here thinking of/dreaming of living in the FSU?
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2018, 07:19:06 AM »
Wouldn't you get bored? All your friends are in the UK
Trench doesn’t seem to be the type of person to have many friends.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 07:20:10 AM »
Get into the country immerse yourself.  Russian in the shops and bus and tv no English you quickly learn.  I'm writing this from the Ukraine while I look after a 5 year old while my g f is at work. This kind of relationship can work in the f s u it wouldn't work in the UK.  I've done it in Minsk too but that relationship ended because their was no future of moving to UK and the ex husbands family was very heavily involved with the son of my then g f.
Really?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2018, 09:09:02 AM »
Anyone else here thinking off/dreaming off living in the FSU?

I'm doing fine where I'm at. Also I wouldn't want to live in a place where shit happens a lot.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2018, 10:18:47 AM »
Also I wouldn't want to live in a place where shit happens a lot.

You enjoy constipation ??
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jamesukjames

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2018, 03:25:28 PM »
Trench if you can cook and keep house you can live rent free.  You would be surprised how many of the Minsk career women can't cook.  Your woman will be leaving for work about 6am and home 6pm.  Keep house and cook well and you will have a fantastic evening and weekend.  Gender stereotype reversal for sure but as long as you keep up your machismo it works in ways it never would In the uk.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2018, 04:31:11 PM »
Evidently, you are unfamiliar with Trench's posts.  A summary:

1.  He has no game.
2.  He is looking for a childless woman.
3.  He wants her to be pregnant soon, so that she doesn't "escape" him.
4.  She should wear only short skirts, as she should exist solely to indulge his desires.
5.  He doesn't want a "career woman'.  She should only aspire to, at a maximum, a shop girl job for pocket money, as he can't support her himself.
6.  When she is not working at her menial job, she should be tied to either the kitchen or the bed.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2018, 06:21:55 PM »
I doubt monetary support has anything to do with the mother's position.  The average pension in Ukraine is US$70, and most pensioners at that level also get state subsidies for housing, if required, and some utilities.  Any relative abroad can supplement a pensioner's income for almost nothing.  Plus, it appears she also has a son who would support her.

And I get told I would struggle to live in Ukraine /Belarus on £500 per month :-\

Boe, that's still not going to be an easy lifestyle. Generally most if not all of that $70 a month will be spent on food. What happens of the TV breaks, the fridge, the cooker, microwave, etc, etc. Ok the answer will be to make do with what you have, so eat uncooked food, listen to the radio, etc. Still it will likely get pretty depressing particularly if family are no longer around. That $70 may not reach very far even for food.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2018, 06:38:35 PM »
You are a foreigner.  You will always pay more than a local, often, more than double what a local will pay.  Furthermore, none of those pensioners are paying rent, and most, as I noted, receive state subsidies for utilities, transportation, medical care, medicines, etc., which you will never receive.  Almost all of them also can sew their own clothes (or repair them).  Unless you currently can eat on $30 a month in the UK, you cannot assume you can live like they do.

The US$70 I mentioned was to make the basics easier.  If a relative is living abroad, he/she can afford to send US$140 to buy a new Samsung television, or US$245 for a new refrigerator, or US$195 for a new microwave (all converted prices from hryvnia).

The better half sends his mother US$100 every four months or so.  She says not to send more often, she has enough money. 

In any event, I don't think in this situation, money is the issue.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 12:44:53 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2018, 12:04:04 AM »
And I get told I would struggle to live in Ukraine /Belarus on £500 per month :-\

Boe, that's still not going to be an easy lifestyle. Generally most if not all of that $70 a month will be spent on food. What happens of the TV breaks, the fridge, the cooker, microwave, etc, etc. Ok the answer will be to make do with what you have, so eat uncooked food, listen to the radio, etc. Still it will likely get pretty depressing particularly if family are no longer around. That $70 may not reach very far even for food.
Yes you will never be able to live on £500 a month. Most people in Ukraine are also able to supplement their food by extensive pickling and preserving food grown at the Dacha.
Have you ever been to a local bazaar, Trench? No, I didn’t think so. You haven’t a scoot doo of how people shop locally. With zero language skills it’s not something you’re likely too.
 Inhabiting the centre in Kyiv or any other major city in the FSU is not a lifestyle the majority experience.
Of course, for ‘rich’ foreigners like you it’s all you do experience.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2018, 12:30:13 AM »
As you know, John, a foreigner can shop at local markets, but will pay double or triple what locals pay.

The better half's family don't have a dacha, but they purchase tomatoes, cucumbers and such in summer and preserve them for winter.

WRT Trench, I think he should go live in the FSU.  If he doesn't, he will always wonder what "could" have been. 

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 01:11:29 AM by Boethius »

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2018, 01:34:25 AM »

We've got a really snazzy McDs here in Batumi, Republic of Georgia for that!

Dave - seasons greetings !  McDs is NOT the place to meet a / take a FSU W on a date ..period .;)

A few days I got an agreement with an Airbnb apartment owner I've rented from before. I am going to rent his apartment during the busy tourist season (May 1st through October). $350 a month plus utilities. This is considered top rent for a steady (and valued) renter here.

GREAT price !

I've put women on the back burner for now. I am working on health restoration, undistracted.

Normally, when the quiet guys hit paydirt !

Nappy New Year ;)

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2018, 02:51:53 AM »
About markets just watch the locals to see the prices you learn fast.  You think Ukranian markets are more of a rip off than UK ones with traders who were born in Pakistan or east London ?

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2018, 02:54:32 AM »
I agree trench can't afford to live alone and I note he wants a childless woman but for others there are lovely single mothers

Offline rwd123

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2018, 03:33:05 AM »
Dave - seasons greetings !  McDs is NOT the place to meet a / take a FSU W on a date ..period .;)
That reminds me, I once met a girl in Minsk. She invited me on a date to... McDonalds! Granted I much was much younger then as she was younger than me. :)

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2018, 04:34:16 AM »
McDonald's is easy to find for a coffee

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2018, 05:16:43 AM »
You are a foreigner.  You will always pay more than a local, often, more than double what a local will pay.  Furthermore, none of those pensioners are paying rent, and most, as I noted, receive state subsidies for utilities, transportation, medical care, medicines, etc., which you will never receive.  Almost all of them also can sew their own clothes (or repair them).  Unless you currently can eat on $30 a month in the UK, you cannot assume you can live like they do.

The US$70 I mentioned was to make the basics easier.  If a relative is living abroad, he/she can afford to send US$140 to buy a new Samsung television, or US$245 for a new refrigerator, or US$195 for a new microwave (all converted prices from hryvnia).

The better half sends his mother US$100 every four months or so.  She says not to send more often, she has enough money. 

In any event, I don't think in this situation, money is the issue.

Not many will have family living abroad. Even those that do they may not be such close family as to send money to them.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2018, 05:24:25 AM »
Plus lots of nice women take their kids to MacDonald Minsk.  Many I know do

Offline msmob

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2018, 05:32:07 AM »
Plus lots of nice women take their kids to MacDonald Minsk.  Many I know do

Sure, KIDS love McDs ... and you might find some western guy covertly taking photos of you and sharing them with others in chat rooms online ... ((

Offline Boethius

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2018, 05:37:39 AM »
Not many will have family living abroad. Even those that do they may not be such close family as to send money to them.
Wrong. Over one quarter of Ukraine’s work age population works abroad, legally and illegally. Those workers sent over US$9 billion in remittances back to Ukraine in 2017, dwarfing foreign investment within the country. That number is around 9% of Ukraine’s GDP.

You really should read a bit before making such stupid statements.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 05:45:41 AM by Boethius »

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2018, 06:20:02 AM »
Msmob not at all I have friends in Minsk who send me photos of their family in McDonald's Minsk I have been there and msmob you were a complete idiot posting your daughters photo on this site so please don't preach.  I'm just pro single mothers they can't get dates in belarus bring them to UK and builders are yelling angel at them from scaffolding.  Been there done that.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2018, 06:30:56 AM »
Msmob not at all I have friends in Minsk who send me photos of their family in McDonald's Minsk I have been there and msmob you were a complete idiot posting your daughters photo on this site so please don't preach.  I'm just pro single mothers they can't get dates in belarus bring them to UK and builders are yelling angel at them from scaffolding.  Been there done that.
😂😂

Didn’t take you long to find that out.

Offline msmob

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2018, 07:07:19 AM »

Dear James,

my post re McDs and the possibility of a western guy enjoying taking photos of one's 'awkward moments' meeting dates went over your head - but I'm certain longer serving members got it ... One of our members has boasted of doing same..

To that end, I'm now guessing your comment re my posting #2 daughter's photo should be making you feel somewhat foolish..as I wasn't 'preaching' .. :rolleyes:

Her photos are all over social media and I chose one's that cannot be used to 'trace' her...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2018, 09:23:01 AM »
Evidently, you are unfamiliar with Trench's posts.  A summary:

1.  He has no game.
2.  He is looking for a childless woman.
3.  He wants her to be pregnant soon, so that she doesn't "escape" him.
4.  She should wear only short skirts, as she should exist solely to indulge his desires.
5.  He doesn't want a "career woman'.  She should only aspire to, at a maximum, a shop girl job for pocket money, as he can't support her himself.
6.  When she is not working at her menial job, she should be tied to either the kitchen or the bed.

Correct on all of the above except I would like to change 1 to 'I had no game' :D

FSU dating was new to me and some things took a while to figure out.

In the UK you need one hell of a game, and even then it can be rough going. UK women have many guys to choose from, the opposite if the FSU. I know how UK girls in the main mess guys around. They can be with one guy one week and another guy the next. They play all sorts of games fir their own advancement and you can just be a convenient stepping stone for them.

I also know the value of a hot girl in the UK. I know that I'm not the most desirable candidate for hot girls to be with. I wouldn't judge myself as ugly of particularly awkward and some hot girls have seen to take at least passing interest in the past. A hot UK girl though would soon be of to the next best thing, I doubt I would keep a UK hottie for long. Sure I can improve a little on this or that but I don't think I'll ever be the dogs bollocks sort of guy. That's not me lacking in confidence, I'm a fairly confident sort of guy, that's the reality of how things are. I'm not alone there are loads of guys in just as bad or worse situation than me.

The FSU gives me advantage on this front. I know if I bring a hottie back loads of UK guys will have a crack at her given the chance that's just being realistic. I've learnt over time though doing this that I can get certain advantages over these guys. This makes making an attempt at the FSU dating game feasible play. I'm not looking to put anything unfair on a FSW but equally I want to be careful not to make stupid mistakes. The dating market here in the UK can be ferocious for guys and hot girls don't go begging.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2018, 09:56:04 AM »
Trench what you have failed to realise is the benefit of f s u women once in a relationship they are faithful .  Only one of my friends has lost a wife and he was 52 and married an 18 maldoven. 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2018, 10:05:03 AM »
Dave - seasons greetings !  McDs is NOT the place to meet a / take a FSU W on a date ..period . ;)

Never took a woman to a Mickey D's.

McDonalds here is considered a treat for some. Usually the under thirty crowd. The older Georgians get, the less likely they like the place. Usually they only like Georgian food. The over 40 crowd usually gives it a big thumbs down.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1907
Total: 1918

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM