It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: American women looking for foreign husbands.  (Read 11280 times)

Offline lonedrake

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
American women looking for foreign husbands.
« on: December 10, 2013, 05:42:57 PM »
 Over at visa journey I noticed a fair amount of visas from Nigeria and the Dominican Republic. Seems women are looking overseas for a better deal also. I googled and found similar problems for women as men going to the FSU.

I am in love with a dominican man
Watch this Topic

Which Dominican Republic hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy

Hotels.com

Tingo.com
Browse forums All Caribbean forums Dominican Republic forum

Dominican Republic forums

Lacey R
Cleveland, Ohio...
22 July 2013, 16:08
I am 26 years old and I have been in love with a man from San Pedro de Macorís sense 2006. We both know that we are to far to make anything serious so we have always put off meeting. I speak with him mult. times a day via phone, facebook, & skype. I have also spoke to his family. Melqui has NEVER asked me for money & when I was going to send it he would not allow be to do so. he taught me about Dominican men and how a lot of the treat woman. he also taught me that there are dominican men who make a living off of american woman and telling them what they want to hear so they fall in love. even tho melqui does not make a lot of money he sends me gifts, buys our phone cards to talk, & never has disrespected me. We both love each other and after 7 years i am ready to dravel to DR to finally meet him in person. I am a American woman traveling alone. I will be staying in a resort & he will be staying with me & also helped me pay for the my trip there. My friends and family think i am crazy for going to a thrid world country where i do not know anyone, but after 7 years i feel Melqui and i deserve to do this for eachother. i am white (American) but i speak spanish fluently.... Can anyone give me any advice?

One destination mentioned in this post

San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize Cayes, Belize
Report inappropriate content
13 replies to this topic
1-10 of 13 replies Sorted by«12»

B0bK
Sosua, Dominican...
 Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
reviews: 71
1. Re: I am in love with a dominican man
22 July 2013, 17:51
My advice....DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to read extensively on the Dominican sanky. Check out he www.dr1.com board

BObK

Charlene H
Washington DC...
reviews: 12
2. Re: I am in love with a dominican man
22 July 2013, 18:48
I agree with BObK.

You can't be "in love" with someone you have never met. I am sorry to rain on your parade, honey.

There is nothing crazy about visiting the Dominican Republic on your own. I have done it many times, Haiti too.

But it is schoolgirl foolish to think he loves you. He has never even met you. He might be in lust with your photo, but more to the point: you will find out the hard way that he wants you because in his eyes (and the eyes of his family) you are a rich American. You are posting here because somewhere in your head you guess that. But you are "in love" and you will go to him. Years later you may write back about how you were scammed. Mark my words. You will be bitter, hurt and alone. Maybe with a drained bank account. If alive.

I am the type who gets attention from men. I certainly don't have to provide money. ALL the men in the Dominican Republic that I met have wanted some advantage from me, even if that isn't clear upfront. The smart ones don't make their intention so clear right away as it would drive you away. It is a poor country even if a beautiful one. I know the score and thus have no problems.

One destination mentioned in this post

Haiti
Caribbean

B0bK
Sosua, Dominican...
 Destination Expert
3. Re: I am in love with a dominican man
22 July 2013, 20:25
Charlene H good post. I did not have the energy to post all the info you did.

it will be a mistake (at least a 99.99999% chance it's a mistake)

BObK

Charlene H
Washington DC...
4. Re: I am in love with a dominican man
22 July 2013, 21:35
Thanks BObK.

I think we can all guess how this will end. Mr Right will ask for her hand in marriage. Of course, they will live in the USA. As soon as he gets everything, he will vanish. His family, who are in on it, will be no help to her.

And this is not a slur on any Dominicans or Latinos/Latinas. It is just the law of poverty.

When in the 3rd world, I think it is a great idea to meet people and have fun. But no, the women and men you meet are not in love with you, they are in love with your money.

Drummermum
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 11
5. Re: I am in love with a dominican man
22 July 2013, 21:42
Please listen up to CharleneH and BObK..... what they say is to put it simply ..... The Truth.

you have NEVER MET..... he and his family can tell you just about anything and how on earth do you know what is the truth via a phone line or via social network from many miles away. You will get bit if you continue with this fish

The very fact you post on here is evidence of your own doubt :))

Edited: 22 July 2013, 21:43

Bodnar27
Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 7
6. Re: I am in love with a dominican man
22 July 2013, 22:45
@ BobK 99.99999%??? So you're saying there's a chance?!

;)

B0bK
Sosua, Dominican...
 Destination Expert
7. Re: I am in love with a dominican man
23 July 2013, 7:48
Bodnar27 That was funny. But I am afraid that in this case one in a million would be a good chance as this one is more like one in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,............

If fact about the same chance as the sun not coming up tomorrow.

BObK

Charlene H
Washington DC...
8. Re: I am in love with a dominican man
23 July 2013, 15:31
Thank you Drummermum for your kindness. I think it is rare everyone is thinking the same way about something, here we all see the danger signs. But I really despair that any advice can stop someone who needs to be in love. It reminds me of the lyrics of a very old song by the 1960's singing group The Shangri-Las: The intro is "When I say I'm in love, you best believe I'M IN LOVE L-U-V!" and goes on to describe a guy who is just horrible with "dirty fingernails" etc. Her love. The backup singers ask "What color are his eyes?" and she responds "I don't know, he is always wearing shades" True love. Oh, true love.

Suzi-Q_08
Canada
reviews: 6
Save this Post
9. Re: I am in love with a dominican man
29 August 2013, 1:07
As a woman who's married to a Dominican man and knows the ins and outs of what goes on down there, let me tell you sweetie that as genuine as he may seem, Melqui is probably not who you think. He probably has a common law Dominican wife and at least one kid. And if you've been conducting a long distance relationship for such a long time, do you really think he has been faithful to a person he's never met? As for him paying for things and not asking you for money, that doesn't mean much because he could be talking to other foreigners the same as he's talking to you. They could be sending him cash which would enable him not to ask you anything. If I were you, I would proceed with caution and if you do feel he's genuine after meeting him, don't rush into anything like marriage. Go down there, get a job and live with him! Most Dominican men who date foreigners are only after a visa. There are very few genuine Dominican- Gringa relationships. One more thing...the DR is a developing country, it is not a third world country!

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
Re: American women looking for foreign husbands.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 05:51:09 PM »
Lonedrake-

It's generally sex tourism. Welcome to Rent-a-Rasta....a lot of American/Canadian women occassion the DR, Belize,Jamaica, etc...for some love.

Likely those who couldn't get laid back home...well, 'too'

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/rent-a-rasta/
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 04:28:13 PM »
Sex tourism has been going on for centuries.  There was a fellow the better half worked with, who would turn red if the name of a female Ukrainian writer, Lesya Ukrainka, was mentioned.  He'd start yelling, saying "She was a slut!, blah, blah, blah".  Lesya Ukrainka had bone tuberculosis, and spent extended periods in the Caucasus, particularly in Georgia.  There, she had many lovers.  During so called glasnost', young Nordic and British women used to flock to Georgia for sex holidays.  Interviewed by the Soviet press, they said it was cheaper than travelling to Greece, the men were more romantic, and generally, were better lovers.

It was women from Quebec who first started flocking to Jamaica as sex tourists.  Most were in shape, and I suspect were not undesirable in their own environments.  I believe I once read that is how the "industry" started there.

In the case cited above, I suspect this is a serious young woman who, in some ways, is caught up in a fantasy rather than the reality of wanting a real relationship. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
IINM Boe, there was a discussion (maybe on RWG) before about RWs vacationing in Africa for the same reason. I'm too lazy to do a search but methinks you're right that these aren't recent developments.

As for the topic OP, could be a classic case of limerance. Likely borne out of extreme loneliness back home.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 04:48:29 PM »
Likely borne out of extreme loneliness back home.

Or fear.  Or inexperience with men.  The DR man is probably romantic in a way young AM of her age are not.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »
Seven years of communication prior to meeting.  A keyboard Juliet!!
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 07:16:40 PM »
Someone posting here a few years ago claimed that some Russian went to Hurghada, Egypt for sex with younger men.

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 08:17:39 PM »
Someone posting here a few years ago claimed that some Russian went to Hurghada, Egypt for sex with younger men.

Not a very good choice . . . younger men that is.

I am ten times better for women now than I was at any earlier age.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 02:26:14 PM »
A Russian guy?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 07:37:55 PM »
Maybe just a rumor. 

Offline Misha

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 08:24:43 PM »

Or fear.  Or inexperience with men.  The DR man is probably romantic in a way young AM of her age are not.

Actually, the media reports from Québec indicate that the women are not young and their motivation is quite similar to the men who go overseas for love:

"La grande majorité des femmes qui s'intéressent à cette forme d'escapade sont âgées de plus de cinquante ans et représentent entre 5 et 10 % de la clientèle touristique féminine. Elles sont divorcées (ou malheureuses en couple...) et s'offrent un homme pour combler un vide. Elles craquent pour leur côté un peu exotique et sont surtout attirées par leur différence d'avec les hommes qu'elles ont connus auparavant. Elles leur offrent donc des repas, des boissons, des voyages ou de l'argent, et plusieurs passeront la grande partie de leur séjour avec celui qui lui fera découvrir son pays... et son sex-appeal."

According to this one article, the majority of women are over the age of 50, divorced or in unhappy marriages, they go the DR and other countries, spend money on men and they are a bit exotic and have sex-appeal [aka are much younger].

Source: [size=78%]http://www.canalvie.com/couple/sexualite/articles-sexualite/tourisme-sexuel-version-feminine-1.1024901[/size]

The women may mask it as seeking "romance" but the motivations are  not that different from men going overseas in the hopes of finding "love."

Offline Boethius

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 08:37:46 PM »
I wasn't referring to now, but 30 years ago.  That is when Quebec women first started going to Jamaica, and paid men for companionship.  There was no sex tourism industry, AFAIK, in Jamaica before then.

Offline Misha

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 08:41:52 PM »
I wasn't referring to now, but 30 years ago.  That is when Quebec women first started going to Jamaica, and paid men for companionship.  There was no sex tourism industry, AFAIK, in Jamaica before then.

I doubt that it would have been much different 30 years ago, but if you have some sources on the issue, I would be interested in reading them. Whether it is the women from Québec going to the DR or the women from Great Britain going to Kenya, it is invariable a question of finding someone younger or more attractive than was possible at home, and "romance" is equivalent to the excuse of finding a "traditional woman."

Offline Boethius

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »
I remember reading about this years and years ago, just as the industry was starting.  I don't know about the DR, but this was how it was described for Jamaica and Barbados.  This predates, by quite some time, the sex tourism industry in these countries. 

Offline Fashionista

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 06:50:20 AM »

Watch this Topic

Maybe it's not even a man. Maybe it's slim Gabriela.
Find your inner Bart!

Offline lonedrake

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 09:08:56 AM »
Whether it is the women from Québec going to the DR or the women from Great Britain going to Kenya, it is invariable a question of finding someone younger or more attractive than was possible at home, and "romance" is equivalent to the excuse of finding a "traditional woman."

Misha, This was what I was thinking. I never realized there was so much sex tourism. I would say the woman who started the topic...was definitely not a sex tourist :)

Offline TS

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 11:03:29 AM »
In the USA there is a limited supply of quality AM over 30 years old so they need to go overseas.  We have several friends who are AW who married RM in Texas and very happy. 

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 03:13:36 PM »
My wife replies that at her age [ 57 ] all the Russian men are dead or drunk.  :o

Offline Muzh

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 11:07:46 AM »
I remember reading about this years and years ago, just as the industry was starting.  I don't know about the DR, but this was how it was described for Jamaica and Barbados.  This predates, by quite some time, the sex tourism industry in these countries.

Boe, back in the early '70s the tourist area in San Juan was always crowded with single young continental American and Canadian women in their early 20s. I never met any of these ladies who were much into "paying for everything" as we (my buds and I) always paid for drinks and other incidentals. True, they wanted to pay for their share, but as true gentlemen (with raging hormones) we would not have any of that.

One French-Canadian lady was told by another girl back home that she should try vacationing in the island ALONE because there were plenty of good looking latinos <nudge, nudge>.

Damn, that babe was so right.

Of course, we felt exploited.  :cheesy:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline ML

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 11:31:44 AM »

One French-Canadian lady was told by another girl back home that she should try vacationing in the island ALONE because there were plenty of good looking latinos <nudge, nudge>.

Damn, that babe was so right.

Of course, we felt exploited.  :cheesy:

Interesting how we can mostly all (males and females) read these type of 'wink' words and immediately recognize that men will (virtually) never complain about exploitation.  Because we know there is a substantial difference between sex drive of average men and and average women.

But . . . in other specific threads where the main topic is whether their is a difference in the sex drives many (most) women here and many men here will vehemently deny this difference.

And to even suggest that at least some rapes are due to this difference . . . oh no,  rapes are only due to desire for control and humiliation.

So everyone knows and agrees there is a difference . . . when cute,  true stories are told . . . but otherwise, it is denied.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 11:37:38 AM »
Interesting how we can mostly all (males and females) read these type of 'wink' words and immediately recognize that men will (virtually) never complain about exploitation.  Because we know there is a substantial difference between sex drive of average men and and average women.

But . . . in other specific threads where the main topic is whether their is a difference in the sex drives many (most) women here and many men here will vehemently deny this difference.

And to even suggest that at least some rapes are due to this difference . . . oh no,  rapes are only due to desire for control and humiliation.

So everyone knows and agrees there is a difference . . . when cute,  true stories are told . . . but otherwise, it is denied.

You lost me here.

What does male and female sex drives and the enjoyment, BOTH, of such has anything to do with rape, humiliation and control?

Let me guess. You are one of many (delusional) men who believe that if you were a female, you'd be the world's slutiest slut, right?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 12:08:36 PM »

ML,
there is some research on the matter, i am sure you can Google it up. Let e summarise for
In their 20 men have higher libido
I their 30 its about equal
40s and thereafter women have higher libido
According to fbi profiler mary o'toole majority of serial rapists could not reach orgasm.
According to uk gov website half of rapists are in committed relationships  .
Hope that helps.
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 01:31:13 PM »
I don't think it is a difference in libido, but rather, approach to sex.  Many (not, by any means all, but many) men will have indiscriminate sex.  Most women will not.  Numerous studies on the effects of feminism, including casual sex, find that women generally are unsatisfied and unhappy with themselves after such encounters.  Not so with men.  Perhaps, with time, that will change, I don't know. 

In my youth, I had a gay friend who was young and average looking in a subculture that worships both youth and beauty.  He could find a partner within five minutes of cruising any place gay men hooked up.  Straight men, I suspect, don't find too many cruising parks for casual, anonymous sex.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 01:44:50 PM »

You lost me here.

What does male and female sex drives and the enjoyment, BOTH, of such has anything to do with rape, humiliation and control?

Let me guess. You are one of many (delusional) men who believe that if you were a female, you'd be the world's slutiest slut, right?

It has nothing at all to do with sex drives or the reason for rape. I suspect ML is still looking for trying to find a reason and trying to rationalize why all the women in his life that he has made love to, has been a dead lay.

Back on topic:
I knew two women that lived in the same apartment complex as I in the early 90's that went to Jamaica several times a year. Sometimes they went together and sometimes alone. They freely admitted they went for the sex with the natives. They discussed it at length during some of our communal social activities. Both were older professional women and neither was unattractive or overweight. IIRC they were mid 50's at the time.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 01:46:32 PM »
Based on studies I've read before, rape have nothing to do with libido or sex drive. It has more to do with personality disorder, much like bi-polar personality, etc...which is generally a result of environment, past traumatic experiences such as abuse, neglect, deprivation, etc...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1865
Total: 1876

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM