It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Lviv Airport  (Read 4548 times)

Offline Sailor291

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Lviv Airport
« on: January 19, 2021, 07:26:10 AM »
Has anybody had recent experience entering Ukraine thru Lviv Airport, especially from the U.S.?  Are there COVID testing locations in it around the airport and what is the cost?  How easy is it to get from the airport to the train station and or city center?

Help is greatly appreciated.  This will be our first time in over 20 years entering Ukraine other than Borispil.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Lviv Airport
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 08:46:23 AM »
This will provide you with info needed:

Coronavirus Information - Travel to Ukraine

PCR test and medical insurance( ukrainian company only)

I use uber for taxi's, just download app on phone. It is same one I use in USA. If you have T-Mobile, it normally works ok in Ukraine, no roaming charges
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 08:51:41 AM by LAman »
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 12:47:13 PM »
Everything you need to know is explained here, where to find the insurance, affiliated covid center. I am pretty sure that a covid center is available in Lviv on spot.
Uber is your friend for the taxi, take the most expansive option so you don't wait.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 08:53:25 PM »
Has anybody had recent experience entering Ukraine thru Lviv Airport, especially from the U.S.?  Are there COVID testing locations in it around the airport and what is the cost?  How easy is it to get from the airport to the train station and or city center?

Help is greatly appreciated.  This will be our first time in over 20 years entering Ukraine other than Borispil.

You asked this question elsewhere. Unless you have a private conveyance you can not from the United States enter Ukraine directly via LWO.

Transiting to a airline such as Wizz presents because of COVID another set of hurdles to enter Ukraine.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline ML

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 08:12:43 AM »
Unless you have a private conveyance you can not from the United States enter Ukraine directly via LWO.

Why not ?

Just curious.

What is private conveyance?   You mean on private plane ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 07:59:54 PM »
Why not ?

Just curious.

What is private conveyance?   You mean on private plane ?

A conveyance is a means of transport (vessel, horse, car or airplane). Yes I meant a chartered or private airplane.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Dell

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 12:09:50 PM »

Help is greatly appreciated.  This will be our first time in over 20 years entering Ukraine other than Boryspil.

I traveled from the US to Lviv. I would suggest taking your PCR test 24 hours before you leave for Ukraine, then there is no need to quarantine. I was able to get my results in 12 hours.

Find a rapid PCR testing site in the US. If you do not have a PCR test you will need to download an app at the airport. You will need a Ukrainian phone number to put in the app. Once you go through immigration you have 24 hours after arriving to get a Covid test. You’ll need to wait about 2.5 days or less to receive your results. While you wait for the results you will need to self-quarantine.

A PCR test cost about 1500 uah.

Also, do not forget to purchase Ukraine covid insurance from a Ukrainian company.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 12:15:25 PM by Dell »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 10:37:11 PM »
I traveled from the US to Lviv. I would suggest taking your PCR test 24 hours before you leave for Ukraine, then there is no need to quarantine. I was able to get my results in 12 hours.

Find a rapid PCR testing site in the US. If you do not have a PCR test you will need to download an app at the airport. You will need a Ukrainian phone number to put in the app. Once you go through immigration you have 24 hours after arriving to get a Covid test. You’ll need to wait about 2.5 days or less to receive your results. While you wait for the results you will need to self-quarantine.

A PCR test cost about 1500 uah.

Also, do not forget to purchase Ukraine covid insurance from a Ukrainian company.
No I didn't need a Ukrainian phone (even if I have always one with me), my email was enough to get the PCS results.Buy the Ukrainian insurance and a US one. I got the result in less than 24 hours.
All is explained in the video.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2246
Total: 2257

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM