It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting the K1 Visa docs!!!!!  (Read 26995 times)

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Starting the K1 Visa docs!!!!!
« on: May 05, 2012, 08:22:55 AM »
Well, I am officially starting the K1 docs for my Olenka. First thing I realized is that I could not find my birth certificate. Have no clue where it is. My mom has the original but since it has a raised seal it is not accepted by the government so I had to order copies from my birth state's office of vital statistics. Hoping to get these in the mail next week. Let the fun begin!!!!!!!  :clapping:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Starting the K1 Visa docs!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 09:26:51 AM »
Well, I am officially starting the K1 docs for my Olenka. First thing I realized is that I could not find my birth certificate. Have no clue where it is. My mom has the original but since it has a raised seal it is not accepted by the government so I had to order copies from my birth state's office of vital statistics. Hoping to get these in the mail next week. Let the fun begin!!!!!!!  :clapping:

Congrats Hammer!

But, I am not sure I understand the bold part. The original raised lettered seal is the one you need. You should only need copies of it though for the K-1. What did you use for a passport?

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 09:36:41 AM »
Well, I was at my birth state's website and there was a statement that said the federal government no longer accepted the old birth certificates with the raised surface notarized stamp. For my passport, I had to order certified copies of my birth certificate with the stamp but not raise surface. I can't seem to find the last copies that I ordered so I just ordered new ones.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 10:00:54 AM »
Well, I was at my birth state's website and there was a statement that said the federal government no longer accepted the old birth certificates with the raised surface notarized stamp. For my passport, I had to order certified copies of my birth certificate with the stamp but not raise surface. I can't seem to find the last copies that I ordered so I just ordered new ones.

For the K-1 you'll only send copies anyway. Although they may require you at some point to show it. I don't they they ever did ask for mine. Ordering a certified copy probably isn't a bad idea, just to have one on hand when you need it. I haven't heard anything about the original notarized certificate not being accepted. Seems it would take precedence over a certified copy. In 04, I had to get mine from my Mother as well for a passport but it was useless as the folds were ragged and tore. I settled for and ordered a certified copy. I don't think I have had to use it since.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 10:18:09 AM »
Yeah, it makes no sense to me either but I figure it better to be safe than sorry. I want to make sure this process goes smoothly.  :cluebat:

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 12:56:33 PM »
Just follow the instructions.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 09:47:11 AM »
Today's update! I just mailed out the I-129F package for my Lena today and created my visa timeline on VisaJourney.com everything is now in motion. Thanks to all for your well wishes and keep us in your prayers for a smooth process!!!! With any luck, I will be going to meet Lena in Kiev for her interview in Oct or Nov!!!!!  :clapping:

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »
Good luck and speedy response from the USCIS.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 10:36:34 AM »
Today's update! I just mailed out the I-129F package for my Lena today and created my visa timeline on VisaJourney.com everything is now in motion. Thanks to all for your well wishes and keep us in your prayers for a smooth process!!!! With any luck, I will be going to meet Lena in Kiev for her interview in Oct or Nov!!!!!  :clapping:

Congrats and hope all goes smooth as a baby's butt  :D

I don't want to curse it but keep checking on it. Packets do get stalled. FWIW

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 10:44:47 AM »
Congrats and hope all goes smooth as a baby's butt  :D

I don't want to curse it but keep checking on it. Packets do get stalled. FWIW

Thanks all, will most definitely be keeping an eye on things for sure....

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 10:56:04 AM »
Wishing both of you a speedy process and hope she gets here with you before the Holidays!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »
Congratulations.  I wish you the best and I hope your petition gets sent to the fastest service center.

It is good that you found Visajourney.  There will be many other men and women who filed at the same time.  So read the visajourney forums to stay current. 

Offline LAman

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »
I was advised a few years ago to accompany my fiancee to interview, it is a plus, also it can you get you into embassey much faster than standing in line.
Good luck with the process!!!
Hammer....you started thread saying 'my Olenka' and now she is 'my Lena'!!! ;)
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline calmissile

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 11:20:58 PM »
Best of luck to you Hector.  I hope it goes fast and smooth.
Doug (Calmissile)

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 11:49:17 AM »
I was advised a few years ago to accompany my fiancee to interview, it is a plus, also it can you get you into embassey much faster than standing in line.
Good luck with the process!!!
Hammer....you started thread saying 'my Olenka' and now she is 'my Lena'!!! ;)

I also call her my little monster. LOL  We have lots of pet names for each other.
I too have heard that be there with her can get her into the embassy faster vice being alone and having to stand in a long line. Hope its true.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 12:49:47 PM »

I also call her my little monster.

Even after 12 years of marriage if I call my wife that, I'll be eating Alpo for the next 6 months.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 12:51:36 PM »

I also call her my little monster. LOL  We have lots of pet names for each other.
I too have heard that be there with her can get her into the embassy faster vice being alone and having to stand in a long line. Hope its true.

FWIW I've never been to the embassy in Kyiv. If you state your case in the K-1 packet, there is really not much else you can do. Yes you being there will put her in the fast lane for an interview on that day but, you being there will make no difference on her approval or not. Again, if you state your case well enough, she will be approved. It's a given unless there is ample cause to not grant it to her. Is it worth a trip just to keep her from standing in a long line? (there is no right or wrong answer here). Once she is approved it is time to prepare for her arrival and the pressure and expense that comes with it.

Being at the embassy with her is all good and noble but, seems to me maybe a waste of some precious time and resources that will be need soon enough and elsewhere.

I didn't go to the interview with my wife. I was glad I didn't and still am

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 12:53:34 PM »

Even after 12 years of marriage if I call my wife that, I'll be eating Alpo for the next 6 months.

You needs to learn hows to keeps yer wimmin in line  :D just kidding

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 12:56:44 PM »

It does ..it is...it will.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »
Her name for me is worse, LOL. Ask your wives what a Mavpa is if you don't know. One of the great things about our relationship is the sense of humor we share with each other.

Offline alex330

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 01:25:46 PM »

A scheduled K1 interview should give your girl priority in line. As an American they will make sure you are one of the first to enter. Once you enter though it does not mean you will be the first to be interviewed. We were almost last. The questions she will be asked will probably be easier with you there. This was the case with our interview at least. You can go out and celebrate afterwards which is nice, but it is an additional expense right before many others as FP mentioned.

Udachi and congrats, you are almost together!

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 08:09:41 AM »
Thanks all, I just got an e-mail from the DHS Lockbox yesterday. They recieved my packet are forwarding it the USCIS processing center in Cali. Now to await the official NOA1 :clapping:

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 08:18:48 AM »
In Moscow they asked my wife 1 question. Glad I didn't go there. They don't let you up to the window anyway. You must wait in another room.

Online Hammer2722

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 08:33:59 AM »
In Moscow they asked my wife 1 question. Glad I didn't go there. They don't let you up to the window anyway. You must wait in another room.

Yeah, I have heard that in Ukraine they sometimes will let the US Fiance into the interview. I'll be there mainly for emotional support cause I know she'll be very nervous. Not that I'm really worried at all though.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 05:40:53 PM »
Thanks all, I just got an e-mail from the DHS Lockbox yesterday. They recieved my packet are forwarding it the USCIS processing center in Cali. Now to await the official NOA1 :clapping: 

Why are they sending it to Colombia?  Do they outsource the same way as call centres?  :D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1865
Total: 1876

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM