It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Possible Business Idea suggested to me (British chap)  (Read 5889 times)

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Possible Business Idea suggested to me (British chap)
« on: November 04, 2015, 08:18:42 PM »
OK so I know this British fellow, his suggestion, which he is 100% sure will work:

-- exchange USD for Russian Rubles

-- use rubles to buy Chinese-made replacement vacuum cleaner parts

-- set up a warehouse in the newly-free (as he calls it) area of Donetsk

-- from this warehouse, drop-ship the parts to Britain and Europe, taking orders online

I have tried in various ways, to dissuade him on each of these points.  Anyone have anything to add?
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Possible Business Idea suggested to me (British chap)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 08:23:00 PM »
The drop shipping that fool was hoping to see was the dropping of bombs all over Ukraine by his Ruski masters!

Can only hope he pumped all his GB pounds into roubles at 38 as he was advising and promoting others to do!One way od creating rubble !!  :D
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline sparky114

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 11:08:37 PM »
Wasnt me  8)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 12:19:51 AM »
Wasnt me  8)

Certainly not me, either  ;D
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 02:01:11 AM »
It could work if you used arbitrage with the Russian made military hardware flooding Eastern Ukraine at no cost and the demand elsewhere for it. With that profit invest into BTC which has been on an upward swing due to Chinese speculation, and use it to build a Chinese factory on Russian soil in Vladivostok. Those Chinese parts manufactured on Russian soil could then be transported at no cost by the convoys back into Eastern Ukraine and to the local Amazon FBA warehouse which will soon be built there. Not only could you then drop ship to the Brits, but also the rest of Europe.

Offline Brasscasing

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 09:22:47 AM »
OK so I know this British fellow, his suggestion, which he is 100% sure will work:

-- use rubles to buy Chinese-made replacement vacuum cleaner parts

-- set up a warehouse in the newly-free (as he calls it) area of Donetsk

-- from this warehouse, drop-ship the parts to Britain and Europe, taking orders online

I have tried in various ways, to dissuade him on each of these points.  Anyone have anything to add?

The reason this British fellow would want to set up a shipping warehouse in a Russian occupied war zone flogging Chinese manufactured vacuum parts speaks for itself as far as it being a legitimate and legal business ventures is concerned.

However, some observations...

First off, The definition of the term 'drop ship(ping)'...

"An arrangement between a business and the manufacturer or distributor of a product the business wishes to sell in which the manufacturer or distributor--and not the business--ships the product to the business's customers."

So the first question is why does this British fellow need to set up a "warehouse" in Donetsk if he's drop-shipping? There should be no product to store/ship/receive. Or is he referring to an internet website using a Russian based server/internet provider located in Donetsk?

That's an early indicator this British fellow either doesn't understand what he's proposing or isn't familiar with business logistics terms...not a good start.

Anyways, moving on;

If, for instance, the Chinese vacuum parts were...oh, let's say pirated (copied) Dyson vacuum cleaner parts...they would be illegal to sell or install in any legitimate Dyson retail outlet or repair facility in the civilized world (Europe, UK, North America). So legitimate vacuum points of sale/service are already disqualified as potential customers.

If this British fellow was looking for investors/business partners to facilitate this venture. Those people would be in danger of losing their investment in that, again using the Dyson vacuum cleaner as the example, the company and owner vigorously protect their proprietary rights and design patents. I would assume this could extend to shippers supplying the parts outside of China as well.

I don't know how successful the various lawsuits have been against Chinese pirating, however, it wouldn't be for lack of trying. An example from 2010...

Dyson sues rival Vax over vacuum cleaner design

..."James Dyson launches legal action against Chinese-owned firm, saying it 'flagrantly copied' one of his company's designs "...

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2010/jan/27/dyson-sues-vax

Buying parts from a Chinese company that may at any point be forced to stop selling/shipping said parts could result in the loss of any investor/business partner's financing (no product, no shipping business).

Any company like Dyson has warranties/guarantees associated with their product. If a vacuum owner were to purchase the pirated parts from the internet instead of genuine parts to save a few dollars/quid the warranties/guarantees would be void. So the market is even further limited to older machine owners.

Last but not least, Russian occupied Donetsk is currently lawless. Any business, warehouse, company (especially foreign) setting up shop would be subject to the whims of the local bandits, mafias and just plain hooliganism associated with the area. Not to mention it's also a combat zone.

Further, if this British fellow is talking about setting up a commercial building to store goods, I highly doubt he would find an insurance company willing to insure/ compensate for loss of building structure, goods or equipment shipped, received or stored.

If this British fellow even suggested this might be a sound business proposition to you I would suspect a scam.

Brass
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:25:54 AM by Brasscasing »
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Possible Business Idea suggested to me (British chap)
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 09:38:39 AM »

Here's another one.

Write a book telling people how to get rich. The advice in the book boils down
to advising the readers of the book that they need to write a book about how
to get rich!!!

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1910
Total: 1921

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM