Forum > Ukrainian Front Discussion

What Are Your Sources for Information from Ukraine?

(1/2) > >>

Admin:
Please share your most trusted sources of information about the current situation in Ukraine.

In the past, Kyivpost.com was quite useful, though now I consider many of their articles to be propagandized.

The source I consider most balanced is Institute for the Study of War - http://www.understandingwar.org/

What are yours?

krimster2:
my wife and I watch Vladimir Solovyov on youtube almost every night
and then some Ukrainian one that begins with "G" or maybe "H"
 I forget
it's all murederous rage and BS

we add them together and divide by two
and that number tells us with absolute certainty that the war is still goin on

for the US I think Twiiter/X or whatever the hell it is called now
has some USA based produced content
that's not "WHY America no give us F-16s, which would immediately win the war"
Amerika plohoi!!!

http://twitter.com/DefenceU
is a good starting source which has links to other similar accounts
note: to see recent news, you need to have a twitter/X account

twitter is only a couple of hours behind talkin with someone on the phone in "Ukraine"
WTF! I just don't get it
Why Russia still allows cell-phone calls to/fr Crimea, I just don't know
cuz, I mean you can encode a data stream into a cell call and remotely control stuff through your phone, on the OTHER FREAKIN' side of the world with just two cell phones
and a digital circuit that encodes/decodes the signal with like 30$ worth of parts

Israel managed to embed a tone triggered explosive device INSIDE a workin cell phone
all ya gotta do is make sure it's passed to the target!
you call him up, when you verify his voice sig
and then you send the magic tone, and his head is splattered all over the room
this is like more than 10 yr old now
and the device also had a hidden monitoring function, GPS and remote listening
this device inspired ALL of the Israeli decryption phone breakers

BONUS for loyal RWD members

don't fear China!
why?

cuz one small nuclear device detonated at the upstream 3 Gorges damn
would fllod about 1/4 of southern China which contains about half their industrial base

take what just happened in Libya and multiply it 1,000 times
just...one...small...warhead...

ok...

so phuqe off china
cuz our damns AIN'T GOT NO WATER haha

*russia allows unrestricted phone calls to Russia/Crimea
because if they restricted it unilaterally, then the West would un-plug them from the network
and the risk caused by losing the dial tone, is greater than having it
that tells ya somethin

logicum ruscum

future wars is gonna be "outsourced
you have privateers near the conflict, who use their cell phones to stream both A/V and raw data on different syncronized cell phones

somebody buys a slot and specifies a target
they launch an FPV video drone with grenade
ka-boom Rico!!!
ka-ching to the privateers

so to fight a small war, all ya really need is alotta money and an "account manager" to coordinate things...
sweet!...

Trenchcoat:
Here's a BBC article and they can often be not too bad in not being too overoptimistic on Ukraine's situation as in blinkered to any bad news. Still though they tend to show it more a bit from the Ukrainian side than the Russian but sometimes they have a bit from Russian sources:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66383377

I can't remember where if it was the BBC news or not but I think it came up on my Google news feed a news report where it was basically stating that while Ukraine had taken pockets of Russian held territory, Russia along other parts of the line had taken pockets of Ukrainian held territory. This equated to both sides having roughly taken the same amount of territory (taking Russian advances in the north also) and so pretty much back to neither side being clearly up on territorial gains.

Thus for Ukraine it's counter offensive seemingly being defeated and coming to very little, a depressing outcome since it started with such high hopes and military backing. For Russia no significant advance or big military defeat of Ukraine so pretty much bogged down in either side. Russia is still only partly into Ukraine with many villages, towns and cities to take to conquer Ukraine. That seemingly looks now like an impossibility for Russia as things stand by purely conventional means. Their conventional means running down all the while.

For the west I think the west is keen on degrading Russia's military and economy so taking away it's ability to wage conventional warfare. Aside if course from keeping Ukraine out of Russia's grasp so making Russia a bigger beast and a greater threat in the future.

Steven1971:
I follow several Twitter accounts related to Ukraine, but for a daily summary of events, Monday to Friday, I recommend the superb podcast by The Daily Telegraph: "Ukraine the Latest".

JohnDearGreen:
Most of the .ua news sites have the latest updates - unian.ua, nv.ua, tsn.ua, 24tv.ua, zn.ua, glavcom.ua, fakty.com.ua/ua/ etc
To find more info on a particular story, google search the .ua or .ru domain sites.
For youtube, the more reliable sources I've seen are Warthog Defense and Crux.

Here is a video from Warthog calculating Russian losses and injured based on the Russian defense cash paid out.

"RUSSIA LOST ALMOST ONE MILLION SOLDIERS IN UKRAINE"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version