It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: We met 8 years ago  (Read 5152 times)

Offline gemini

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
We met 8 years ago
« on: June 02, 2009, 08:55:01 AM »
June 2, my husband and I met 8 years ago.
Every year we remember all 9 day we spent together.
June 1, he arrived to St.-Petersburg, sent me the flowers
June 2, we met, went to Russian museum.
I hadn't being planning any vacations but I was sent to some classes for two months and classes were delayed for some technical reasons, so I had an unpredictable vacation and it was exactly during those 10 days.
The other amazing thing the sky was sunny and blue all 10 days. People who know St.-Petersburg understand that it is close to impossible.
It was like our two angels met and decided: this is the time.
On our third day my husband said to our matchmaker: Everything is so good that it is hard to believe that it is happening. She answered: it happens at least one time in one's life.
It was not the love from the first sight or something like this. It was like my train Destiny arrived and somebody said: this is  your ticket, this is the guy you travel with, this is your place near the window and the map of your trip. I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing but I knew right away there is no way I could miss this train.

I know there are many married people on this forum. Could you share your memories about  your  first few days together?  If somebody already wrote it, you can put a link.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:16:24 AM by gemini »
"Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions.  All life is an experiment.  The more experiments you make the better."     —Ralph Waldo Emerson, born May 25, 1803

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: We met 8 years ago
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 09:29:14 AM »
Congratulations...
On the old Planet Love site, we had a seperate profile page to describe meeting history.
Maybe someday we will have this again.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 02:44:59 PM »
Gemini,

Thanks for sharing.  You were feeling romance in the air, and it seems you still do 8 years later.  Congratulations! 

A couple of the longterm members have posted trip reports years later of their first meeting with their future wife.  Two I recall are KenC and Jet (I miss Jet).   

Many other "first meeting" trip reports were presented as the trip unfolded, or just after.  And the two eventually married.   

New RWD members such as yourself do not know the membership, so you do not know where to look.  Thus, tfcrew's concept of a profile page for members, at least married and engaged members, is a good idea. 

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 08:11:26 PM »
Yay Gemini!

Very cool post :)

My ex and I were pen-pals. The snail mail kind. No matter how mad she got she still stated that she fell in love with me the first time she saw me. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was cold and overcast in Moscow. She wore a pink beret and I remember thinking, "My God, can someone really be that beautiful?"

Hope you have MANY more wonderful years together!
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline gemini

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 07:09:09 AM »
Yay Gemini!

Very cool post :)

My ex and I were pen-pals. The snail mail kind. No matter how mad she got she still stated that she fell in love with me the first time she saw me. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was cold and overcast in Moscow. She wore a pink beret and I remember thinking, "My God, can someone really be that beautiful?"

Hope you have MANY more wonderful years together!

Thank you for sharing and for the wishes JR. I am sorry it didn't work with your ex.
"Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions.  All life is an experiment.  The more experiments you make the better."     —Ralph Waldo Emerson, born May 25, 1803

Offline groovlstk

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 07:19:55 AM »
June 2, my husband and I met 8 years ago.
Every year we remember all 9 day we spent together.
June 1, he arrived to St.-Petersburg, sent me the flowers
June 2, we met, went to Russian museum.
I hadn't being planning any vacations but I was sent to some classes for two months and classes were delayed for some technical reasons, so I had an unpredictable vacation and it was exactly during those 10 days.
The other amazing thing the sky was sunny and blue all 10 days. People who know St.-Petersburg understand that it is close to impossible.
It was like our two angels met and decided: this is the time.
On our third day my husband said to our matchmaker: Everything is so good that it is hard to believe that it is happening. She answered: it happens at least one time in one's life.
It was not the love from the first sight or something like this. It was like my train Destiny arrived and somebody said: this is  your ticket, this is the guy you travel with, this is your place near the window and the map of your trip. I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing but I knew right away there is no way I could miss this train.

I know there are many married people on this forum. Could you share your memories about  your  first few days together?  If somebody already wrote it, you can put a link.

Thank you.

Great story, Gemini. I'm surprised this thread hasn't had more responses, it seems people are more interested in the disasters and train wrecks than success stories - or maybe it's just that the success stories are few and far between.

Here's how I met my wife:
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1781.0

Offline Dave13

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »
Congratulations Gemini, It's great to hear some good news!   :)  Anna and I will be celebrating five years of marriage this July. We met in Tver in 2002, but the intersting point was she wasn't one of ladies I went to visit, she worked for the agency. I didn't match on that trip and in 2003 on my second trip, we got engaged. Life's an interesting journey! 8)

Dave,

P.S. Just a question, are you celebrating your birthday soon.

Offline gemini

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 02:51:24 PM »
Great story, Gemini. I'm surprised this thread hasn't had more responses, it seems people are more interested in the disasters and train wrecks than success stories - or maybe it's just that the success stories are few and far between.

Here's how I met my wife:
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1781.0

What a story groov! Thank you for sharing.

For some reason, she had this idea in her head that sandwiches were very unhealthy. I tried to explain to her that it's possible to make a very healthy sandwich--lean turkey, plenty of veggies, mustard or horseradish, little or no cheese or mayo, but still she refused to give in.

It was always my mother's the Worth curse: You are eating a sandwich for obed!  :)

Offline gemini

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 02:54:11 PM »

P.S. Just a question, are you celebrating your birthday soon.

Yep, June 7 :)

Offline Dave13

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 03:45:44 PM »
June 16 for me! :'(

Offline gemini

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 04:31:08 PM »
June 16 for me! :'(

My oldest son Vasily was born June 16. Why are you crying?

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 04:53:29 PM »
My oldest son Vasily was born June 16. Why are you crying?

Because it's his anniversary and not his wedding day! He wants to marry all over again for the first time :)
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Dave13

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 05:01:05 PM »
No Jolly, we had a great wedding and I enjoy the anniversary each year ;D  They have a saying in Russia Old as a stump! :'(  Of course my wife Anna does not agree, next week were going backpacking in Denali.  :cluebat:

Dave

Offline Dave13

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 05:02:15 PM »
Gemini, How old is your son!

Offline gemini

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »
Gemini, How old is your son!

I feel of course I am young 30+ y.o.  woman and some people think so... until they see my sons. Vasily will be 22.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:54:58 AM by gemini »

Offline ekeswick

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 06:23:04 PM »
Congratulations Gemini!

I'm a new member of this group. June 19 will be our anniversary. It'll be six years for Lena and me. The reason I came on-board to this group was to see if there was anyone (Russian wife; American husband) living in the Sacramento, California area interested in getting together. One thing that I've found is that it's very difficult to meet people like ourselves. As everyone who is married to a Russian wife knows that it's more comfortable for the wife to meet someone who's experiencing the same. We've met several other couples living in our general area, but most didn't wish to form a lasting relationship.

Tell me. What have been your experiences for the past eight years?

Take care.

Offline gemini

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 05:13:39 AM »
Congratulations Gemini!

I'm a new member of this group. June 19 will be our anniversary. It'll be six years for Lena and me. The reason I came on-board to this group was to see if there was anyone (Russian wife; American husband) living in the Sacramento, California area interested in getting together. One thing that I've found is that it's very difficult to meet people like ourselves. As everyone who is married to a Russian wife knows that it's more comfortable for the wife to meet someone who's experiencing the same. We've met several other couples living in our general area, but most didn't wish to form a lasting relationship.

Tell me. What have been your experiences for the past eight years?

Take care.

I am physician, I have to pass all exams for medical school again and go through residency again. I was studying like mad for few years and trying to get residency. I didn't succeed. I am also busy mother of three boys but this my experience is not different from what I had in Russia.  Most of my friends are Russian doctors. I am very social and I was making lots of friends among Russians and Americans but I was too busy to keep with them.  We are down now to few Russian and couple American friends. We like to celebrate holidays and birthdays together. We live in Chicago.
I know there is a huge Russian community in Sacramento. When I first came to US I even put adds on the Russian website that I was looking for friends. May be there is similar site in CA? You are welcome to ask me any questions. If your wife wants she can call me and we will talk. You can also read http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=9537.0

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:18:38 AM by gemini »

Offline START2

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 11:13:59 AM »
Congrats Gem on the 8 years. That's a large chunk of life. We will be at 6 years in a few days and married almost 4. We wish you many many more.
  Groove, I remember your report very well. As soon as I read the firest few words it all came back to me. That was a classic. Reminded me of our meeting and began daydreaming. Everyone was for our union but pop was kept in the dark...but as it turned out.... Ah, that's for another time.
  Again Gem, we hope your home is full of joy and properity shines on you.

Offline gemini

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 02:11:06 PM »
Congrats Gem on the 8 years. That's a large chunk of life. We will be at 6 years in a few days and married almost 4. We wish you many many more.
  Groove, I remember your report very well. As soon as I read the firest few words it all came back to me. That was a classic. Reminded me of our meeting and began daydreaming. Everyone was for our union but pop was kept in the dark...but as it turned out.... Ah, that's for another time.
  Again Gem, we hope your home is full of joy and properity shines on you.

Thank you for the kind words, your wife and you look lovely as a couple.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2180
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2167
Total: 2178

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM