It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: привет  (Read 4444 times)

Offline rook31

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
привет
« on: May 16, 2015, 03:50:23 PM »
I have visited Russia twice for both work reasons and a holiday. So I have a limited understanding of some aspects of the diverse culture.
Many months ago I met outside of Russia, a Russian Muslim lady. Since then we have corresponded daily.
I soon will be travelling again to Russia for the purpose of spending time with her, discovering more about her home city, culture and meet her family.
However, I wish to have a better understanding of the Russian Muslim culture. So I am seeking information.
The easy answer is to ask her, but she a very private lady and as such do not wish to make her feel that to me our different religions is an issue. As it is not. I just wish to have a better understanding so as to be respectful.
I am not a muslim.

I thank you in advance for your information or assistance

lordtiberius

Re: привет
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 03:56:10 PM »
Where is Russia?

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 03:57:34 PM »
Hi rook31,
Welcome to the forum

Offline rook31

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 03:59:43 PM »
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:02:27 PM by rook31 »

Offline STaty

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 05:44:47 PM »
I have visited Russia twice for both work reasons and a holiday. So I have a limited understanding of some aspects of the diverse culture.
Many months ago I met outside of Russia, a Russian Muslim lady. Since then we have corresponded daily.
I soon will be travelling again to Russia for the purpose of spending time with her, discovering more about her home city, culture and meet her family.
However, I wish to have a better understanding of the Russian Muslim culture. So I am seeking information.
The easy answer is to ask her, but she a very private lady and as such do not wish to make her feel that to me our different religions is an issue. As it is not. I just wish to have a better understanding so as to be respectful.
I am not a muslim.

Hi rook31! Welcome to the forum! :welcome: I do not masulmanka too. But you can learn here about Muslims in Russia. Perhaps the best advice: ask your woman about it. She said if she wants to be with you :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Russia
Actions speak louder than words

lordtiberius

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 06:41:08 PM »

Offline jone

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »
I am not a muslim.

Welcome to the forum....

I have had experience dating a Muslim woman in Ukraine.    The differences in how I would bring up future children proved too much for me and I discontinued the relationship. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 07:45:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum Rook,

I've been to Uzbekistan a number of times and the Muslim ladies dress more conservatively than Russian women there but they aren't completely covered. As in any religion, there are fanatics to those who practice loosely. In some Muslim countries men dominate the relationship but in others such as Libya, the women can be dominant in many cases. My wife lived in Libya. We're not Muslim but we are both Christians. People of different faiths can run into problems. Jone mentioned one. Another problem can be with food. Muslims don't eat pork. I don't know about you but I love bacon, sausage, and pork chops. If you do decide to head into marriage with the lady, it's important you both sit down and discuss both your faiths and how it may cause problems in the future. If she's serious about you, she'd gladly talk to you about this issue.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline STaty

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 08:14:54 PM »
In Russia, a lot of Muslims. Some stick to their traditions do not drink and eat pork. Others drink as well as Russian and eat pork. I think the problem may be with her  parents. Since the parents decide the fate of his daughter. Traditions depend on the region in which your woman lives. :)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 08:22:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum, rook31. 

What BillyB and Staty wrote makes a lot of sense.  Good luck to you.

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 05:15:50 AM »
I am not a muslim.

I suppose you had met not a Muslim  lady, but the woman from a Muslim family. If she would be a Muslim indeed you would have no chance to  develop any relationship beyond friendly communication.  Marriage between a Muslim woman and non-Muslim man is strictly prohibited in Islam, though the opposite is OK. Well, I assume you are not going to be converted in Islam that would be the only legimite solution for this problem.
   The words Russian Muslim culture sound as oksimoron. Yes, there are Muslims among Russians but their number is very small to develop any special culture beyond traditional cosmopolitan Islamic rules. I guess you met not a Russian woman, but a woman from region with predominant Islamic population like Tatarstan, Bashkortostan, Caucasian respublics. Not everybody there follow Islam, they mostly use Islam as method of ethnic selfidentification rather than religion which imposes laws for life.

Offline rook31

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 02:06:43 AM »
Thank you for the replies and information. You are most correct in your clarrification that she a Russian lady from a Muslim family.

Especially as inititailly on meeting, I was unaware of her religious orientation. As time past I suspected. Then later still she informed me. My simple was that I did not wish to place her in a situation with her family.

This however, has not been an issue. Because as time has past, I am informed that they all well aware of me and have been positive.

This, my request for further understanding as I do not wish to cause issue through ignorance of specifics to a family who are both Muslim and Russian.

I did research, but most information either is of Islamic religon or Russian culture. But not both.

But it appears from replys my concern is unfounded.

Offline STaty

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 05:38:32 AM »
Thank you for the replies and information. You are most correct in your clarrification that she a Russian lady from a Muslim family.

Especially as inititailly on meeting, I was unaware of her religious orientation. As time past I suspected. Then later still she informed me. My simple was that I did not wish to place her in a situation with her family.

This however, has not been an issue. Because as time has past, I am informed that they all well aware of me and have been positive.

Hi rook31 Good luck to you! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 10:13:56 PM »
This, my request for further understanding as I do not wish to cause issue through ignorance of specifics to a family who are both Muslim and Russian.

Even if you never fully understand her ways, two good people can make good things happen. If you get with this woman, you will have more differences to overcome but through love, patience and understanding, you will do better than people who have more in common but lack one or more of those traits.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

lordtiberius

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 10:18:34 PM »
Love conquers all.  If you don't love her, man up and walk away.

Offline rook31

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 11:46:25 AM »
Good points one and all. I have asked that she consider carefully everything involved in the long term of progressing a relationship with me and I the same. For neither of us wish to steal each others time. We wish to compliment each others life, not complicate it.

Yes, I have a lot of lessons to learn and many misunderstandings. That is the road we are travelling, as i understand you all are well aware and have experience of.

lordtiberius

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 07:18:04 PM »
Plato said you don't marry someone for who they are but what they could be.  Ms. Perfect doesn't exist.  80% solution, no deal breakers, go for it.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701