It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Здравствуйте!  (Read 4883 times)

Offline CCIE

Здравствуйте!
« on: January 06, 2007, 01:24:56 AM »
Hello all...

I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks and finally decided to join the forum. I'm a 29 year old network engineer, who came out of a 5 year relationship at the beginning of last year. I have been very involved in my career lately, but not consumed by it. I'm mature beyond my years. I still know how to have a good time (or at least I think so) and enjoy life. I'm not rich, but have a decent income (slightly over 6 figures), live in my own house, and still have enough disposable income to see this through...I hope :) I would like to meet someone closer to my age, just because I don't think many women today under 25 are contemplating marriage. I sure wasn't!
 I was pulled into this endeavor after meeting an amazing Russian girl over the summer in the US, and was immediately captivated by her charismatic, charming personality and intriguing Russkie accent. The only Russian guy I have ever met was definitely nicer than the average American guy, and I found it amusing he didn't own a pair of jeans. Anyways, I don't find any particular faults in AW, but would love to discover another lovely RW for a serious relationship. I'm fairly outgoing, tall, athletic, have most of my hair, and not to bad looking I might add! So I hope finding a future Russian partner isn't an impossible desire. I do think it takes a lot of courage on the girl's part to leave her life behind and start again in a foreign culture.
 Researching, I have perused at least half a dozen forums and still can't determine the best way to get started in this endeavor. I'm thinking about going with an agency and then also writing a few women from the plethora of websites once I have finalized my trip. Maybe some of these women from the web will actually exist, and be willing to meet once I arrive. With all the scammers and Yuri's on the free dating sites, I would feel hesitant about only writing one girl and then flying to meet her, but that is still an option. I speak with people daily on six continents, and realize I will need an interpreter...I know mnoga Russkie.
 I would like to take a trip in a few months, preferably by mid-March, and hopefully post a successful trip report myself. I have plenty of vacation time, and wouldn't mind visiting a few different cities. I haven't read much about members’ experiences in Belarus, and think a trip to Minsk, then Moscow, followed by Tver would be a good start. I have read the numerous accounts of great experiences with Lifetime Partners and have bought a membership and spoken with Marc Dayton. BTW, Marc seemed to be a real nice guy and was very helpful.
 I know the same question repeats itself continuously here, but I would also like any input from you guys about other reputable agencies or maybe even the info regarding a nice lady a member acquainted, but just didn't click with.

OK, I hope that's enough about me to get started.

BTW, I'm truly envious of the amazing women that members such as Turboguy and av8or1 have become involved with and would feel extremely luckily to post an equivalent trip report...and find such an amazing woman.
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
Re: Здравствуйте!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 01:32:36 AM »
Welcome aboard.
LifetimePartners is a good agency with plenty of experience & a good track record. You won't go wrong with them for sure.
Hope to see you in our big little city of Tver. ;D
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 07:05:10 AM »
Здравствуйте CCIE!!!

Thanks for the nice compliment.  I was impressed by your post (not just because of the compliment).   Your thinking seems about 9 years ahead of where I was when I started.  It seems like you have done a very good job of developing an understanding of what is required to succeed and you have the tools to accomplish about anything you want in your search.

Your plan seems like a good one.  I can not fault anything you said.  You may also want to make contact with Richard who is also from Tver and also a good guy.   I do think Mark is a excellent choice as well.  If you need a good interperter in Moscow I can recommend one.   I have only been to Minsk one time long ago.  I think it too is a good choice because there are fewer guys who go there and still many beautiful and nice women.   Anyway, welcome to RWD.  We will all be looking forward to the TR.

Offline Patrick

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 08:17:30 AM »
Welcome CCIE.
   I am glad to see you are reading . You will get a lot of information and advice here. There is no such thing as too much information, the more you learn and understand the better off you will be. March is a very good month to travel, better weather and flight prices are way better. For some reason prices for flats to rent seems to be better as well. Do your homework and you should have a good time when you do travel. Please don't be shy about asking any questions that you may have.

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 09:27:32 AM »
CCIE,

You're young, in great financial shape, and have plenty of vacation time--so why do you want to use agencies?

Offline happyguy

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 11:45:15 AM »
I haven't read much about members’ experiences in Belarus, and think a trip to Minsk, then Moscow, followed by Tver would be a good start.

Welcome CCIE

Its good to have another member who is under 30 on this board.

If you have any questions about travel to Belarus i will try to help you. I am in a relationship with great girl from there. I was impressed with the number beautiful women there.:)

Offline CCIE

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 05:11:26 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'm sure I'll ask lots of questions and need even more advice. I'm glad this board contains such a wealth of knowledge.

groovlstk, I would like to use an agency or two and also try to contact girls on my own. I'm a fairly witty, outgoing guy, but doubt I could take aback many RW with my basic Russian vernacular. I can use the agencies for lodging and interpreters, which may be less of a hassle than arranging these on my own. Of course, I'm sure the agencies have plenty of interesting women to meet as well. Some agency girls may not have the best of intentions, but that is just one of the risks in this endeavor. I may not have the best initial plan, but can amend it as things progress. I just hope I can meet a few compatible woman and work out an itinerary in a month or two. Some things in life can't be rushed though...Hell, I'd prefer to get on a plane today, but realize I need to do my homework and make some contacts first...besides it's the middle of winter! I'm tentatively looking at March, and then maybe another trip in June or July if I'm fortunate to meet an interesting lady with a warm soul.

I'm sure I'll make a few mistakes, but that's just part of life. I'll try to minimize these mistakes from the huge pool of experience here.

Offline Vaughn

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 05:21:09 PM »
I'm a fairly witty, outgoing guy, but doubt I could take aback many RW with my basic Russian vernacular.

That basic vernacular is a great foundation to build upon. Keep studying the language - you won't regret it.

Offline Jet

• Married 11/03 Divorced 9/09 Married 6/12
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 10:10:55 PM »
...besides it's the middle of winter!

But it's a warm winter this year   ;D

Welcome to the board. So far you seem to have exactly the right approach and a better than average understanding of what you're getting yourself into.

Good luck, and we look forward to hearing more...
Every action in company ought to be done with some sign of respect to those that are present. ~ Geo. Washington

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 04:01:15 AM »
Actually it is incredibly warm!!!
Plus 2 today !!!! Thats just incredible & the entire winter has been like this, at least here in Tver.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! ;D ;D
By all means CCIE, come visit us, you won't be disapointed I assure you. Tver is a great city with a lot of history & bucket loads of beautiful women!!!
Can't guarrantee you'll get a tan this time of year but the weather is fantastic!!!

RVR-Canadian Cowboy

Offline I/O

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 05:00:57 AM »
CCIE Welcome.  You appear to have an advantages set of personal statistics over most of us that have started this process. At your age you have the world at your feet so to say.

More importantly I was impressed with your opening introduction.  You will find a million ways to do this but the most important common theme of success is to THINK.  You are not blind to relationship complexities, however you will find a very different and in some ways a more demanding set of complexities in a Western / FSU relationship. 

During a lot of international travel to all parts and not only the FSU, the common mistake I see from western guys all over is being so full of themselves and frowning upon situations they find which are not quite up to their expectations.  IE: Public facilities. If you are in another country and I think this very much applies to the FSU, and you don't like something, "Suck it up and live with it". Don''t comment about it.  You don't strike me as the type to fall for this nonsense, but please take it on board.

I also (My thoughts only) dislike situations I see where a man comes from the west armed with bucket loads of photos and information about his own country.  From what I have seen, a decent woman will be delighted to show you her country and lifestyle, why miss the opportunity to learn by having your (Generic comment here) mouth open. The time will come when she starts to ask you questions about your country.  Then and only then start to speak about it.

Minsk, Moscow, Tver.  Good plan.  A real mixture.  You can't go east without seeing Moscow or St P. They have too much to offer at all levels.  Others will advise you about Tver, but I have known people who have visited and were impressed.  Minsk in my opinion is a little more Soviet era so to say but a most interesting place. 

To get started, you could do worse than use some of the recommended websites from (RWD) much worse. ;D There is a few direct agents here also who can guide you and I have no doubt will help you schedule a plan around meetings via agents and also private meetings.  There is some very good, no nonsense guys on here who are more than happy to help.

The 3 "P's" apply.  Patience, Planning and Persistence.

All the best.

I/O

Offline Kuna

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 05:31:50 AM »
During a lot of international travel to all parts and not only the FSU, the common mistake I see from western guys all over is being so full of themselves and frowning upon situations they find which are not quite up to their expectations.  IE: Public facilities. If you are in another country and I think this very much applies to the FSU, and you don't like something, "Suck it up and live with it". Don''t comment about it.  You don't strike me as the type to fall for this nonsense, but please take it on board.

I'm stunned anyone would complain in front of a lady about something that was "different" than what he was used to at home...  Very very dangerous I think. It's well worth mentioning though because I'm sure it happens.

CCIE (or can I call you CiscoDude?)   ;) ... The only thing I'd say is that when you're interested in a girl SHOW her you're genuinely interested.  I have a feeling that there are many men on this journey that have no idea how to capture a girls interest.  With one of the girls I'm about to visit our email friendship went to a new level after we swapped a series of emails about our hometowns.  (She's a lawyer) and was asking me question about crime, corruption, healthcare, education, weather, dangerous animals (she'd been reading about the snakes, spiders, stingers, sharks, etc Downunder)...  she was a little distressed that we have such hot summers but was very happy that we didn't really have a winter... etc.

When I wrote back I asked her questions about her town and she responded by saying I "probably wouldn't be interested because it's a small city and only people that live there like it." 

In my next email I corrected her by telling her that the building where the Philharmonic was based is a beautiful building and it reminds me of photos my grandfather had... and that the beach looked like a wonderful place to visit in summer... and the city looked very green with many trees planted on the streets... and the annual march of graduating students looked like a very significant day because I saw the proud faces of parents in photos on the Internet.

Everything I said was true...  and I know she appreciated the fact that I'd taken the time to learn more about her city and liked what I saw.  To be honest I can imagine spending holiday time there in future if we do click.

Anyway...  your Introduction post shows you're off to a great start. I too am a newbie and I'd suggest you suck up all the good info available in RWD.  I think my vision of my visit is fairly consistent with what I thought when I joined here... but the information gathered has definitely honed my visit into something that will be a highpoint of my life... no matter what the outcome.

Kuna

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 07:17:23 AM »
CCIE,

Welcome to RWD. Like others have mentioned it looks like you are in a very good place to begin this journey. When you go keep your expectations to a minimun regarding the possibilities with the ladies and look at it as a really great vacation with some wonderful companionship along the way. No matter how well thing may look like they are happening via letters/phone calls it will take some in person face time to know if it is going to be a good fit or not.

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Darth Vader

Re: ????????????!
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 07:54:33 PM »
CCIE,

You're young, in great financial shape, and have plenty of vacation time--so why do you want to use agencies?

groovlstk, I would like to use an agency or two and also try to contact girls on my own.
I think you are wise in your consideration of using an agency.  Vets here who have become comfortable traveling in the FSU forget how culture shock hits the first time visitor....Cyrillic writing, a language that is very different to learn, and different customs.

Sure, personal introductions by friends who know girls in the FSU are best.  But not many people have such connections.

Traveling alone can be dangerous...I know one case were an American guy hit a nightclub in the FSU where he met 3 very sexy and eager girls who were "all over him."  They slipped him something and he awoke the next day in an alley with no money or ID.  Sure, it's an extreme case, but it happens.

So, for the first time visitor to the FSU, I recommend you use a good agency.  They will take care of you and you'll meet some nice girls.

Later on you can "go it alone."

Offline CCIE

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 07:37:14 PM »
I/O, Thanks for the insight...I'm definitely more interested in the FSU countries than my own...So much history. I realize some facets of life in the FSU might not quite be up to "Western" standards, especially outside the larger cities. But, that is not an issue that really concerns me...I’ll be more focused on the ladies and their persona, not their environment, living conditions, or income, because those factors can, and always are subject to change. However, never traveling to the FSU, I would prefer to visit cities that are easily accessed from the major airports, but I doubt I will be that lucky...

Kuna, you can call me the Cisco Kid LOL. Best of luck on your visit mate!

Ken, I plan on not having exceedingly high expectations on my first trip. (I'm already under the impression it will take several). I'll try to have a laid back approach, but still meet as many women as possible. My first trip will be a blend of sight-seeing and dating I guess. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky!

I have already been fortunate enough to receive the contact info of one interesting lady from a member here. I wish you guys would stop posting so much good info on the site,,, so I can start contacting the girls instead of reading all the posts! I think I have given a decent introduction, and will try and start another thread in the 'Starting Out' section. Thanks again everyone.

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 01:47:09 AM »
However, never traveling to the FSU, I would prefer to visit cities that are easily accessed from the major airports, but I doubt I will be that lucky...
Why not? Its all in how you go about it.
Select the area that you prefer to visit & search ladies in that area. That way you can stick to 'cities that are easily accessed from the major airports'. Most guys ake the mistake of chosing the ladies first, big mistake in my opinion as you never know where you will end up. Traveling in country over here can be a real adventue & not something I would recommend to a newbie that doesn't have agrasp of the Russsian language.
There are several cities close to Moscow & SPB that have reliable agencies that can sort the logistics out for you. Ivanovo, Tver & a couple of others.
Good luck with whichever you choose or whatever you decide.

RVR-Canadian Cowboy

Offline IAmZon

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 07:31:13 AM »
Welcome, and I echo what the others have already said.

When I first stumbled upon the RW web sites, I was sceptical - but hopeful.  The whole thing really got under my skin.  Like you, I have dated several FSU girls in the US. Like you, I intend to visit in Spring.

The information here at RWD is GREAT.  However, the more I learn, the less I know.

There are fantastic trip reports and more being produced every week.  These provide a "sense of things"that cannot be derived from information alone.

I am a newbie. I hardly KNOW anything; but, I am certain of these points:
1, The FSU "market of eligible ladies" is richer and more responsive than the US.
2, There are financial, psychological, and emotional costs that are easy to underestimate.
3, Excessive calculation in planning to meet a lady, or ladies, can create unrealistic expectations (and perhaps can have a dehumanizing effect if not kept in check)
4, Generalizations fuel these interests and the content on these boards.  There is certainly much truth in generalizations ... but they apply imperfectly to each individual circumstance.
5, This is NOT a sprint.  This is not separated from all your other dating experiences.  This is a marathon. The hard part is to REALLY know what you seek, and to be CONTENT with it after you have found it.

You are in the US?  What State?

Offline I/O

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 07:48:47 AM »
However, the more I learn, the less I know.

Perhaps best defined as getting older and wiser. ::)

I/O

Offline David1963

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 03:10:31 PM »
I would like to use an agency or two and also try to contact girls on my own. I'm a fairly witty, outgoing guy, but doubt I could take aback many RW with my basic Russian vernacular. I can use the agencies for lodging and interpreters, which may be less of a hassle than arranging these on my own. Of course, I'm sure the agencies have plenty of interesting women to meet as well. Some agency girls may not have the best of intentions, but that is just one of the risks in this endeavor. I may not have the best initial plan, but can amend it as things progress. I just hope I can meet a few compatible woman and work out an itinerary in a month or two. Some things in life can't be rushed though...Hell, I'd prefer to get on a plane today, but realize I need to do my homework and make some contacts first...besides it's the middle of winter! I'm tentatively looking at March, and then maybe another trip in June or July if I'm fortunate to meet an interesting lady with a warm soul.

That's the approach I took.  The agencies help you save time which for many of us is a precious commodity.  Use them at strategic points to save you time and hassle so that you can spend most of your time meeting women whether it is one woman for many.

A second return trip soon after the first is the best way to show a woman you are serious, better than sending money or gifts.  If your time is not the most precious thing to them then you have the wrong woman, in my opinion. 

Good luck, learn here and keep us posted.

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 06:00:10 PM »
CCIE,
There is a forgotten gem of information available to you here at RWD.  One of our senior members here (jb) compiled an RWD FAQ section that lays out a great deal of information for a newbie.  It is found under the main menu section in the upper left hand corner of this page.  I highly recommend it be read by anyone attempting this process.  Also don't forget the Ten Commandments with it's link at the top of the page.  Good luck to you and welcome.
KenC
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 06:16:32 PM by KenC »
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2255
Total: 2265

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM