It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russian 'road map' for annexing eastern Ukraine  (Read 11806 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Russian 'road map' for annexing eastern Ukraine
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 09:15:36 AM »
All this looks good for Putin as longs as he is healthy, and in control. Yes, he must stay in control else it might all unravel. Given his tightly wound personality, should an unwinding happen, it would be explosive if/when it does. In the meantime, he will do whatever it takes to remain at the top. What could easily start a serious unraveling is a growing number of zinc coffins returning home from former Soviet territories.

Some believe Putin will attempt to be dictator for life. There is a chance he will lose his mind and/or memory years before he dies. He may go crazy and continue to make decisions for Russia or he may pass the torch and it would have to be to someone who is extremely pro Putin and will violently oppose anybody that is anti Putin if Putin and his family is to remain safe. Putin's recent actions have caused a lot of people to lose money and there are a few that are extremely unhappy and would like to see Putin go.

I think that he has been sidelined enough that his chances are returning to the top spot are very slim. There is the chance, should the economy slide to a point where Putin is in trouble at home, that Medvedev could become a scapegoat.

I read an article of Putin pushing out one of Medvedev's top advisors when he was president from Putin's team of advisors. I always thought Medvedev was pro Putin enough to be a safe choice for Putin to replace him "temporarily" so Putin can control the strings but too soft to replace Putin permanently should Putin lose the ability to control the strings. Putin would need someone extremely loyal, willing to run the country with an iron fist, and have similar beliefs in order to continue his legacy in rebuilding Russia Putin style.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:19:43 AM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

lordtiberius

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 05:28:19 PM »
Medvedyev is a crook and metrosexual less effective Putin.

Offline Darth_Budda

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 05:36:56 PM »
I think a younger version of Gennady Zyuganov will at some point beat Putin...
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

lordtiberius

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »
I think a younger version of Gennady Zyuganov will at some point beat Putin...

Strelkov?

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 05:56:42 PM »
Strelkov?

No,, Lol

more like this guy....  But in RUSSIA not Ukraine...

This is the leader of the Ghost group, a Prominent leader in the DPR.

Mozgovoy's Manifesto [sub ENG\TR\ITA]
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

lordtiberius

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 09:16:30 PM »
No,, Lol

Mozgovoy's Manifesto [sub ENG\TR\ITA]

yeah, one of my Russ-American twitter followers turned me on to this guy.  We have our own left wing Messiahs here in my country.

Change is coming to Russia.  Get ready for the post-Putin apocalypse  . . .

Offline Muzh

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2015, 08:50:41 AM »
No,, Lol

Mozgovoy's Manifesto
[sub ENG\TR\ITA]

Wife's family name.

They are related.[/sub]
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
US intel chief says Putin will move on Mariupol in Spring
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2015, 09:40:38 AM »
Putin is planning to seize key Ukrainian port of Mariupol in the spring, warns America's top intelligence official

If the rebels seize Mariupol it would amount to a huge escalation in the war
It would give Russia a land bridge and supply route to annexed Crimea
Moscow has struggled to supply Crimea from mainland Russia

... 'It is not our assessment that he is bent on capturing or conquering all of Ukraine,' said James Clapper, US Director of National Intelligence.

'He wants a whole entity composed of the two oblasts (regions) in eastern Ukraine which would include a land bridge to Crimea and perhaps a port, specifically Mariupol.

'We do not believe that an attack on Mariupol is imminent. I believe they will wait until the spring before they attack.'

Ahead of a ceasefire, which has led to a lull in fighting in recent days, there were acute fears that pro-Moscow rebels were preparing an assault on Mariupol, a Sea of Azov port.
Rebels were now 'reconstituting and regrouping', he warned.

Moscow has struggled to supply Crimea from mainland Russia since annexing the Black Sea peninsula a year ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2972027/Putin-planning-seize-key-Ukrainian-port-Mariupol-spring-warns-America-s-intelligence-official.html

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2015, 10:14:20 AM »
In all of my posts I've said that Russia will try to get their land bridge in spring.  It makes the most sense.

Meanwhile our do nothing but talk President has still not armed the Ukrainians.  History will not be kind to Obama.  Move over Neville Chamberlain, there's a new guy with historic naivet'e.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2015, 01:23:20 PM »
In all of my posts I've said that Russia will try to get their land bridge in spring.  It makes the most sense.

Meanwhile our do nothing but talk President has still not armed the Ukrainians.  History will not be kind to Obama.  Move over Neville Chamberlain, there's a new guy with historic naivet'e.

I was thinking more along the lines of Jimmy Carter.  Give me the pragmatist every time.  Frank Underwood needs to confront Putin.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

lordtiberius

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2015, 02:51:11 PM »

You don't think he will invade all Ukraine?

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2015, 03:10:43 PM »
Hawks in the Kremlin think that they may not need to. If Moscow conquers Mariupol and then on to Odessa, he believes that in short time the rest of Ukraine will come crawling home to Daddy.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

lordtiberius

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2015, 03:36:23 PM »
 Churchill did not barter with Hitler to attack Stalin. Poroshenko is Churchillian. Putin is going for it all.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2015, 11:02:06 PM »
You don't think he will invade all Ukraine?

No I don't.  Do you?  It would be way beyond a bloodbath if he tries to take Kyiv.  It would make the American civil war look tame.  In my humble opinion of course.

lordtiberius

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 09:45:12 AM »
A kid going to a rave does not intend to Ecstasy and blow some Vargo and end up on a website but it happens.  Putin's intentions, his objectives and what he is doing are three different animals on two continents and one of them is fictional. 

Hitler's objective was Eurasia.  He did intend to invade Africa.  But he did.

You cannot judge Putin like you can you or me but he is like Obama, he is a fraud and a victim of his fraudulent reality he inflicts on others.  Except Putin kills more people.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541383
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3133
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 3123
Total: 3133

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Today at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Today at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Today at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill