It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: ML and Ukrainian Women.  (Read 265157 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #800 on: July 07, 2014, 08:05:04 PM »
If he got it in the Buttocks, he could meet President Johnson.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #801 on: July 09, 2014, 12:00:25 PM »
If he got it in the Buttocks
Does one get a Purple Arse for that ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #802 on: July 09, 2014, 06:19:46 PM »
Ochka went back to Kyiv Saturday.  We worked on her visa online renewal before she left USA.  She did the final click to submit from Ukraine Sunday.

There is a fairly new procedure that certain existing visa holders (student and tourist) can submit all the other documents required via courier and do not have to go to US Embassy.  The contracted courier is TNT . . . what a name!

Anyway, she got the documents to TNT Monday, and there is supposed to be a week turn around time for these courier submittals.

I think they are using the courier service just to cut down on the number of people who are traipsing in and around the US Embassy.

She is applying for a visa renewal to continue in USA on the OPT program that all International students are eligible for after completing a degree in USA.  She already has approval for the OPT part and has the EAD card.  The OPT program is for 12 months, and students with degrees in the STEM areas (which she has) can get a 17 month extension.

We are not sure if she is going to come back to USA, or if I am going to go and stay there for several months.  But anyway, this will give us some options, if she gets the visa renewal.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:24:40 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #803 on: July 09, 2014, 06:36:03 PM »
As it turns out TNT is a worldwide delivery service of documents and freight.  In Kiev their office location changed last year.  As I understand it, all US Embassy visas and documents are sent via TNT.  Once we found the new office location it was a piece of cake and the lady running the place is very nice and efficient.

AERO'EXPRESS (TNT EXPRESS UKRAINE). 1, Brovarska Str., Kyiv region,
Prolisky, 08322, Kyiv, 08322, Ukraine Phone: + 38 044 207 0770. Fax: + 38 044
207 ...
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #804 on: July 09, 2014, 06:51:20 PM »
As it turns out TNT is a worldwide delivery service of documents and freight.

Another success story which started down-under (unfortunately we can't claim it - that honour definitely belongs to Australia).  Ken Thomas founded what became Thomas Nationwide Transport in 1946 (with one truck).  It has grown somewhat since then!  :clapping:

Offline ML

« Reply #805 on: July 10, 2014, 09:41:55 AM »

AERO'EXPRESS (TNT EXPRESS UKRAINE). 1, Brovarska Str., Kyiv region,
Prolisky, 08322, Kyiv, 08322, Ukraine Phone: + 38 044 207 0770. Fax: + 38 044
207 ...

According to US Embassy website, the 'express' and preferred location for TNT for the visa info drop off and later visa retrieval is at:  Kyiv Dorogozhychi, 6/1, Ryzhska str., Kyiv, 04112

There are other TNT locations in Ukraine, but the one I posted provides fastest service regarding US Embassy business . . . so says the US Embassy website.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #806 on: July 10, 2014, 10:07:50 AM »
Just to provide some more clarification, in case anyone is reading and wondering about visa applications to visit USA from Ukraine and dealing with US Embassy in Kyiv.

Everyone must fill out the online visa application. And it is best if you upload your photo to the application also.  The USA person should work with the Ukrainian person in filling out this application online.  Even best if the USA person fills it out, after carefully getting all the needed info from the Ukrainian person.

But the final submission click on signature page should be done by the person in Ukraine.  The Embassy knows what ISP that final submission click came from.

Then there are three categories of what happens in next step.

1.  For certain visa renewals from certain categories of people who already have 10 fingerprints on file at US Embassy (it is listed out on the US Embassy website), the applicant does not need to schedule an interview at the US Embassy or go to US Embassy at all.  Pay fee and submit application electronically and get confirmation number.  Fill out a profile sheet on a second website (which requires the number from visa application process and fee receipt number) and get a  second on-line confirmation slip for taking passport, proof of fee payment, and other items to a TNT location.  In a week, reply will be sent back  to TNT for your pickup.  The result could be a new visa in your passport . . . or it could be a request for more info and/or to schedule a interview at the US Embassy.

2. For persons in same category as number 1 above (want visa renewal), except they do not have 10 fingerprints on file at US Embassy.  Do same as number one up to filling out profile sheet on the second website.  Now instead of getting confirmation number to deliver documents to TNT, you get confirmation number to arrive at US Embassy to have 10 fingerprints recorded.  But this is not an appointment to have interview.  No interview will be needed . . . unless the US Embassy later decides you must come in.

3. For first time visa applicants and those seeking renewal who do not meet the criteria laid on on the various and confusing US Embassy  websites;  Submit the online visa application; and then complete profile on the second website and apply for an interview date, and get the confirmation number for this interview date.  Currently about a 10-12 day lag time for interview dates in Kyiv.

Offline ML

« Reply #807 on: July 11, 2014, 11:57:18 AM »
I should also note that I have no idea how a person living in Ukraine would ever determine that they needed to go to the second website, fill out a profile, and then get a confirmation number to either 1) take documents to TNT, 2) go to US Embassy to have 10 print done, or 3) go to US Embassy for interview.

It took me 4 days to figure it out (not spending full time, of course), and I am pretty good at figuring this stuff out, and English is my native language.

For 3 of those 4 days, I had been telling Ochka that she could simply go to US Embassy on Wednesday afternoons and drop off all her required documents.  Because that is what several of the US Embassy websites were indicating.

Not until 4th day, on a completely new (to me) website did I see that no visa applicant can simply 'show up' at the US Embassy on Wednesday afternoons or any other day.

The Wednesday afternoon is only for those giving the 10 fingerprints, and only for those who have gotten the appointment confirmation on the second profile website to come give the fingerprints.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #808 on: July 11, 2014, 12:12:58 PM »
I see that the procedure has changed in recent years, however, the information ML presents might not work completely for an immigrant visa such as a CR-1 or IR-1? You would still need the medical exam and shots. Besides, NVC schedules the interview, unless that changed also.

Yes, the visa on-line form is an interactive form. The questions are different for everyone. The answer to one question determines the next question. Most of the people who get rejected made some kind of fatal response or combination of responses.

Offline ML

« Reply #809 on: July 11, 2014, 05:09:02 PM »
Yes, Wayne is correct.  The number 3 I listed above is for tourist visa, etc.

Nothing I listed would be the complete story for an intending immigrant.

Offline ML

« Reply #810 on: July 12, 2014, 10:47:46 AM »
Ochka has already moved ahead with the purchase of an apartment unit in the complex on Sirorsky street that I mentioned before.

Actually, it is not across the street from US Embassy as I had stated earlier.  Across the street is nothing but park.  This complex is around the bend in Sirorsky street as it turns in south west direction when moving away from US Embassy going south.  So a couple of blocks away.

The bank that the development company uses would exchange her USD to UAH at 11.8 which was a little above the going rate.  But, when word got around what she was doing, a friend of a friend set up exchange at another bank that gave her 12 to 1 rate.

But now, she had to cart the USD money (about half the purchase price) to the first bank and then UAH between banks.  So a male relative and his male friend went with her.  And as a plus, the bank sent a security guard with an automatic weapon to pick them up and do the transfer with them.  Probably they should have worried more about this armed guy.

And I can't even imagine how they counted out this much in UAH and made it correct to everyone's satisfaction.  I bet they weren't all 'perfect' bills like they demand for USD.

Now she has a week to deliver the rest of the purchase price to receive the 5% discount the developer gives for quick payment.

And as I suspected, she is saying that I would be the perfect person to come to 'finish out' the apartment shell !!
Yes, I could easily do it myself . . . if I had the dozens of hand and power tools that I have here in USA.

Well, I would have to 'read up' on that 220-240 volt stuff.  My only experience with it are the runs to electric stove and clothes dryer.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #811 on: July 12, 2014, 01:56:59 PM »
Sounds like you two are planning out the future nicely.  Not sure I followed what your long term plans are, but as I understand it Ochka is buying an apartment in Kiev near the  embassy.

If you end up going to Kiev, perhaps Larissa and I can meet up with you guys for a tall cool one.

What are her plans to finish her degrees?  US or Ukraine?

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline ML

« Reply #812 on: July 12, 2014, 02:26:35 PM »
Doug, I noted earlier in the thread that Ochka completed her MS in math with 4.0 GPA in May.

The math faculty, of course, wants her to continue on with PhD program.  But, she wants a break from studying, at least for a semester or two.  And she really doesn't know what she might want to do about PhD; that's what the break will be for.

She has been approved for the OPT program in USA and has the EAD card for one year of work in USA.  She is waiting to hear about her request for renewal of her F-1 visa that she submitted on Monday in Kyiv.

However, she is not really sure if she wants to do that  either.  But, if she gets the F-1 renewal, the option for her to do it will be there.

Right now, she is totally involved with this new apartment purchase.  We had already talked about the option of me going to Ukraine to live for several months rather than her returning to USA for the OPT or PhD.

We also have the apartment in Ireland that we purchased together  earlier this year.  She hasn't seen it yet.  So after she finds out about her F-1 renewal for USA visa (and gets her passport back), then she is going to apply for Irish visa.  We would probably go there some time this summer also.

Yes, if I do end up in Kyiv for an extended period, then meetings are possible.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:42:09 PM by ML »

Offline ML

« Reply #813 on: July 13, 2014, 02:23:44 PM »
The "Green Island" residential complex being built by Kovalska Industrial and Construction Group took the 4th place in the rating of new buildings in 2012 which may rightly be considered the best to live in the capital. Such rating was compiled by “Building magazine” in cooperation with the leading players of the residential property market of Kyiv and was officially confirmed by international auditing company «Ernst & Young».

http://kovalska.com/en/news/green-island-was-named-one-best-residential-complexes-kyiv

This was for Green Island phase 1.

Ochka is buying into Green Island phase 2 which is nearby.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #814 on: July 14, 2014, 09:59:29 AM »
From what I have seen, the electric system in Ukraine does not have the grounded or nuetral white wire that we have here. The plugs mostly have two round prongs. Most people have gas stoves for cooking and no clothes dryer.

Offline ML

« Reply #815 on: July 16, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »
Ochka did get her second F-1 visa.

The turn around time using the TNT courier service was just one week.  Well, one week and part of a day.

She got email notification from US Embassy late Monday that her packet was ready for pick up at the TNT office.  But the dick heads didn't say in the email if her visa was approved or not.

So Ochka still had a lot of anxiety until she went to TNT office Tuesday.

Then, a big surprise, because she got a 3 year visa, when we had only asked for a 1 year visa in the on-line application form.  Only asked for a 1 year because that was the time frame on the OPT approval and on her EAD card.

So I have no real idea whey they gave her the 3 year visa.  But nice to have.

Now she is going to apply for Irish visitors visa.
Should help having the new 3 year USA visa in her passport along with the previous 3 year USA visa and her several trips back and forth from USA to Ukraine.

Offline ML

« Reply #816 on: July 19, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »
This week Ochka has been getting more USD out of her various accounts. The plan was to convert to UAH soon to pay remainder due on her apartment purchase.

Today, I told her to not wait too long to convert because IMF just completed month long review and gave tentative indication that approval would come for next billion or so relief money to Ukraine.  This will likely lead to strengthening of UAH (unless this plane situation pushes UAH in other direction).

She surprised me by saying that she and her 'body  guards' had already gone to the same financial institution as before on Friday and converted at rate of 11.95.  That was a great rate compared to the 11.6 rate  I had seen on the charts.

In another oddity,  she is at relatives now and they will go to another bank on SUNDAY to get out money from two accounts the relatives received money into.  This money was auto converted to UAH earlier and has been in interest bearing accounts.  With this UAH, she will pay off the final amount due on her apartment Monday or Tuesday.

This bank is not open on Saturdays, but is open on Sundays.

I will be glad when this purchase of the shell apartment is finally done as it has given me a headache (even from a distance) trying to keep up with all the things involved and the various bank accounts with mix of USD and UAH.

If you think buying and selling a house is complicated in USA; try out Ukraine.  Perhaps the paperwork part is not that much different, but when you are transferring money across borders, dealing with mix of USD and UAH, then . . .

Of course the job of finishing out the apartment is still to come.

Offline ML

« Reply #817 on: August 01, 2014, 01:08:16 PM »
Against all medical advice . . . I will be leaving USA Sunday to go first to Ireland and then to Ukraine.

Ochka and I will both arrive in Dublin on Sunday.  She is coming in from Kyiv.  We will meet at airport and then her relative is going to drive us down south to the apartment that Ockha and I purchased earlier.  She is quite excited to see it, having never done so yet.

The place has been rented out to a nice couple from Lithuania that her relative works with.  But they were nice enough to go back home to Lithuania for a couple of weeks while Ochka and I are there.

Then we will go on to Kyiv and start working on the new apartment Ochka purchased there.

My cardiologist said I shouldn't leave USA because of my bad heart valve and my neurologist said I shouldn't leave USA because I had a TMI recently and have narrowed blood vessels going up through my neck to brain.  Ochka doesn't really know the seriousness of these; or she wouldn't want me to travel.

But anyway, life is short and so I decided to just do it.

I won't be doing much internet from Ireland as we have a lot of sight seeing to do and visit with Ochka's relatives and my friends.

If you hear no more from me . . . you will know the Ukrainian medical establishment lost another customer.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #818 on: August 01, 2014, 02:34:25 PM »
Hi ML.
That's risky.
Just hope all will be fine.
I cross my fingers for you.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Gator

« Reply #819 on: August 01, 2014, 02:37:58 PM »

If you hear no more from me . . . you will know the Ukrainian medical establishment lost another customer.

Good attitude.  Life is too short to lay up (golfer's term).   Go for it.  Enjoy.   

You are taking meds I presume.  Remember the low dose aspirin.

And do not tell Ochka about the heart valve and arteries.   Considering your condition I suggest you avoid salo and heavy lifting.

Bon voyage!

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #820 on: August 01, 2014, 10:03:43 PM »
Against all medical advice . . . I will be leaving USA Sunday to go first to Ireland and then to Ukraine.

...If you hear no more from me . . . you will know the Ukrainian medical establishment lost another customer.

It's your life...but try to stay safe.

...my neurologist said I shouldn't leave USA because I had a TMI recently and have narrowed blood vessels going up through my neck to brain.

This all sounds like  :tmi: to me!

Offline jone

« Reply #821 on: August 02, 2014, 09:23:20 AM »

Good attitude.  Life is too short to lay up (golfer's term).   Go for it.  Enjoy.   

You are taking meds I presume.  Remember the low dose aspirin.

And do not tell Ochka about the heart valve and arteries.   Considering your condition I suggest you avoid salo and heavy lifting.

Bon voyage!

I think everyone should avoid salo!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline calmissile

« Reply #822 on: August 02, 2014, 01:09:24 PM »
ML,

Good luck on your trip.  I hope you both have a wonderful time.

As far as medical, I assume you already know...... If you need medical help in Ukraine, do not go to a government doctor or government hospital.  The private clinics and hospitals are far superior.  You will be expected to pay all fees in cash.  I think I may have written about this in one of my trip reports.  If you have any questions about it call my wife in Kiev.  Her father was a well known surgeon in Kiev and she is very familiar with all the in's and out's of the medical profession.

Have a blast and tell us how the trip goes.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline ML

« Reply #823 on: August 02, 2014, 06:09:47 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys. 

I took the 81 mg asperin for many years, but after the TMI they told me to go to the full 325 mg.  And I take Vytorin for the cholesterol situation.  Vytorin has the two ingredients and it took my numbers down really low into the one half risk category.  Low blood pressure also . . . like 110/60 or so usually.

Anyway, I am off in the morning to get in the aluminum tube and meet up with my wonderful Ochka.  But she usually manages to raise my blood pressure somewhat.

Let's hope for good Irish weather; if not, then the beer will still be there.

Have fun here guys and gals ! 

Offline Gator

« Reply #824 on: August 03, 2014, 03:41:37 PM »
Bon Voyage!

When you return please explain TMI.  I don't know this medical term.  I always thought it as Too Much Information or Three Mile Island.   Based on what you wrote it seems to measure the plaque blockage of your carotid arteries.   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541298
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3489
Most Online Ever: 12701