It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My new life in the Republic of Georgia  (Read 302639 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: My new life in the Republic of Georgia
« Reply #1125 on: October 19, 2019, 02:03:31 PM »
Maxx, gentlemen do not kiss and tell. But since the cat is out of the bag, did you like it?

F.U. BillyB!  :D  I think it is silly.

BTW he tells me he want to help me. I'll pass.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1126 on: October 19, 2019, 02:04:56 PM »

Almost got into a fight

When I got to the McDonalds where he was supposed to get out, he wouldn't.  I had to get out and pull him out of my car which angered him.

He was obviously a remainer!   :cheesy:
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1127 on: October 19, 2019, 02:29:07 PM »
BTW he tells me he want to help me.

He's thinking with his little head.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1128 on: October 19, 2019, 10:50:53 PM »
He's thinking with his little head.

You are reading that wrong. He is not gay. Married to a Georgian woman and has 4 kids. He is of one of those UK alpha males who has to assert their dominance over us Americans. 

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1129 on: October 19, 2019, 10:55:31 PM »
Maxx,I cannot resist posting what many will be thinking..

You SAY another Brit tried to 'pick a fight' with you ..?  :ROFL:

In this case, the guy clearly had a few too many and had no idea if he loved you or hated you..

It was kind of you to offer to give him a lift home.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:54:25 PM by msmob »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1130 on: October 19, 2019, 11:06:19 PM »
He is not gay.

He is not gay when he's sober but he wasn't sober. Next time let him get to first base by accepting his kiss. Then observe if he tries to get to second base or even a home run. Report back to us your findings.

He is of one of those UK alpha males who has to assert their dominance over us Americans. 

He'd like to Fukc us alright.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1131 on: October 19, 2019, 11:31:23 PM »
He is not gay when he's sober but he wasn't sober. Next time let him get to first base by accepting his kiss. Then observe if he tries to get to second base or even a home run. Report back to us your findings.

He'd like to Fukc us alright.

I have no intention of testing his boundaries.  >:(

Offline ML

« Reply #1132 on: October 20, 2019, 08:38:12 AM »
UK alpha males who has to assert their dominance over us Americans.

This is wrong wording Maxx.

It implies that UK males DO have some dominance over us Americans . . . and that, in this case, it was asserted.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1133 on: October 20, 2019, 09:18:20 AM »

This is wrong wording Maxx.

It implies that UK males DO have some dominance over us Americans . . . and that, in this case, it was asserted.

Yes, you are right. I should have inserted the word "try".

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1134 on: October 20, 2019, 09:26:57 AM »
I heard from Scott. A text message.

"Hi Maxx. It is Scott. I wanted to firstly apologise for drinking far too much yesterday. Also I would like to thank you for getting me home safely. I don't often get out so went over the top a bit. Again apologies."

I told him apologies accepted. And I changed the subject.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1135 on: October 20, 2019, 10:08:40 AM »
"Hi Maxx. It is Scott. I wanted to firstly apologise for drinking far too much yesterday. Also I would like to thank you for getting me home safely. I don't often get out so went over the top a bit. Again apologies."

Translation: Don't tell my wife I tried to kiss you! I still want to be friends. I'll do anything to make it up to you.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1136 on: October 20, 2019, 10:28:56 AM »
Translation: Don't tell my wife I tried to kiss you! I still want to be friends. I'll do anything to make it up to you.

Billy, you are being silly. Knock it off.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #1137 on: October 20, 2019, 10:46:01 AM »

Seriously dude, give it up already. Not funny anymore.....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1138 on: October 20, 2019, 11:22:47 AM »

On the translation, I wasn't trying to be funny. I was serious. I don't believe that this is the first time that married UK guy went around kissing Maxx and other men while being drunk. Maxx should be cautious.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #1139 on: October 20, 2019, 12:12:40 PM »
On the translation, I wasn't trying to be funny. I was serious. I don't believe that this is the first time that married UK guy went around kissing Maxx and other men while being drunk. Maxx should be cautious.

Yeah, but who cares?

every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1140 on: October 21, 2019, 12:07:15 AM »
I don't believe that this is the first time that married UK guy went around kissing Maxx and other men while being drunk.

The kissing was gentle quick kisses on the cheek calling me brother and patting me on the back. Nothing sexual about them. He is one of those happy drunks. Until he isn't. Then he becomes a mean drunk. Probably any man that drinks is like him, to one degree or another.

Edited to add: Here in Georgia men kiss men when they meet. Not always, but often. I seen these two guys walking down the street with their arms over each other's shoulders. I told this Georgian guy that in America people would think they were gay. He laughed and told me that was not how it was here. At the party I had a number of men give me a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek. Sometimes more than just one kiss. The more loaded they get the more kisses they give. I think Scott was up to five.

A couple of times I seen him nearly passing out in my car. At the point the mean drunk came out. "You Americans are Satan's c*** holes". Then he wouldn't get out so I had to walk around the car, open his door and literally pull him out. I told him I have a strong back which he interpreted as I was challenging him in regard to physical strength. That is when he pushed me by ramming into me. I told him, "Scott, you are assaulting me." Which startled him. I quickly got around the car and got into the driver's seat. But he tryed to keep the door open but I managed to shut it and I drove off. Just another Georgian experience.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:28:19 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1141 on: October 21, 2019, 12:28:55 AM »

Yeah, but who cares?

I don't even care.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1142 on: October 29, 2019, 04:20:03 AM »

Soy or soya as they call it here. I'll see if I can make this into a meatless ingredient

At the Carrefour grocery store.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1143 on: October 30, 2019, 12:59:26 AM »
I am learning new recipes and learning where to get certain ingredients. For example chicken broth. My recipe called for a can of chicken broth. My first thought was, "Does Carrefour have it?" Turns out they didn't. But not a problem. I have made broth before and had a large stainless steel pot. Next step buy three chickens.

Now you would never see this in the US. The people from PETA would be all over the grocery store purchaser.

I decided to buy them more prepared. They cost 1 Lari more per kilo. That is about 10 cents a pound less. I figured why pay for feet? I found out later the feet have the most collagen in them and are the moist nutritious for skin, hair and the joints.

The chicken is cut up and thoroughly cleaned and washed. No organ meat or blood. Cleaned of fat as much as possible.

I broth the chicken with onion, celery (If I had it), bay leaves, various spices such as a bit of salt, pepper and oregano. Literally it takes all afternoon.

Then I strain out chicken and shred it by hand. Most of it is put into the freezer. It will be mixed with spices and sauces and such bring out the flavor.

The precious chicken broth. The mistake I made was boiling this down. I boiled it down to half its volume. It would have been better to keep the volume. Next time I'll do 5 chickens and not boil it down afterwards. When the chickens are being brothed the water is not brought to a boil. If it was the fat cooks into the liquid, something you don't want in a broth. During the brothing process the fat floats to the surface and is periodically skimmed off.  It is a lot of work
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 01:04:45 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1144 on: October 30, 2019, 01:45:13 AM »

Cooking for my parties new dishes tells me what might sell.

Shrimp enchilada, Spanish rice and a mini salad. Wow! did it taste good! The enchilada is covered with a white sauce made from butter, garlic, chicken broth, sour creme and heavy whipping creme. The whipping creme is my addition to the recipe. It comes out in my opinion much better.

So far I am happy with my tortillas, tacos, salsa, white creme sauce, picadillo (the red meat mixture) and Spanish rice. I've yet to work on recipes for my soya (soy) 'meat'. If I can develop a good recipe and cooking technique this might become popular with vegetarians here and with the Orthodox who are on fasting. Also I have not done anything with is with my mesa corn flour. According the instructions on the 25 pound bag I have enough for 850 tortillas.

I have some tools ordered from Amazon that should be here soon. As was suggested here I have four tortilla warmers of various sizes, 6, 8, 10 and 11 inch being shipped here. I have a tortilla holder tool for hard shell deep fried corn tortillas. I have a tool for making taco bowls for taco salads. I have noticed women are particularly attracted to salads. I've decided to order a tortilla press. I want to get my tortillas to a uniform thickness and it may be helpful in doing that. It is about $50 on Amazon. These tools are very low cost.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1145 on: October 30, 2019, 05:31:17 AM »

Gives me some ideas

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1146 on: October 30, 2019, 09:32:44 AM »
I decided to buy them more prepared. They cost 1 Lari more per kilo. That is about 10 cents a pound less. I figured why pay for feet? I found out later the feet have the most collagen in them and are the moist nutritious for skin, hair and the joints.

In some cultures, they love the chicken feet. If Georgians love chicken feet, you may want to experiment with cooking some Tex-Mex style.

Offline ML

« Reply #1147 on: October 31, 2019, 08:09:51 PM »
There are certain animal parts (and even other types of food) most people find disgusting to think about eating.

All should understand there is a reason that these very same items are eaten by those in certain locations.  Economics.

Those items were eaten by necessity because they were to least cost method of obtaining nutrition necessary for survival.

And this practice continues to some extent even after incomes increase, mostly due to cultural tradition.

But it is silly to romanticize these foods, pretend that they are not disgusting to think about, and seek to replicate recipes.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1148 on: November 20, 2019, 06:31:16 AM »

Maxx has been too quiet .. much as he disappointed me - I'm hoping he's OK

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1149 on: November 21, 2019, 05:46:53 AM »
Maxx has been too quiet .. much as he disappointed me - I'm hoping he's OK

I'm OK. Many interesting things are happening to me. I just don't have a desire to post them.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1882
Total: 1893

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM