It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 454066 times)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
What is the latest on international travel to and from Ukraine?
Any news on easing restrictions?
The Trump Administration is planning to pass an Executive Order in the next 24 hours to suspend all immigration to America.  We believe the President may consider a narrow exception for immediate family members of US Citizens including fiancés.
                             ----visajourney     
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
OK, returning to the topic...

What is the latest on international travel to and from Ukraine?

Any news on easing restrictions?

Thanks!

Good source of info below. There are quarantines and if one is to go out in public, a mask must be worn. If you go to Ukraine, keep the embassy phone number on you in case you need an emergency flight out or a body bag.

http://ua.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
                              ----visajourney   
 The Trump Administration is planning to pass an Executive Order in the next 24 hours to suspend all immigration to America.  We believe the President may consider a narrow exception for immediate family members of US Citizens including fiancés.
The president is being criticized by the snowflakes for not reacting soon enough..the spread of the virus is his fault.
If he suspends immigration...he is [in their regard] xenophobic, racist, prejudiced, ethnocentric, bigoted and worse.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Strider

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
If you go to Ukraine, keep the embassy phone number on you in case you need an emergency flight out or a body bag.

The question is:  Is it possible for a foreigner to get in to Ukriane?

In other neighboring countries, like Germany and Poland, the borders are scheduled to open soon, unless the travel bans are extended.   I was wondering if it will be possible to get in somewhere in the area before I buy a ticket somewhere.

I think I had this for a day or two in December.  I didn't need a body bag!
"It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth!"
-Fiodor Michajłowicz Dostojewski

Offline LAman

The question is:  Is it possible for a foreigner to get in to Ukriane?

Not at the moment, at least till April 24th. but...…..

My guess is quarantine will be extended till mid May. I wouldn't buy a ticket just yet.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Ukraine basically follows whatever Russia does...
at the moment, travel to Ukraine or Russia isn't possible if you're a foreigner, even if you have PR...

Russia is currently only available to Russians, and if you don't live in Moscow, you have to be quarantined in this crappy little place until they run out of room for new inmates
and then then they only allow Moscow residents in...
this just started happening a couple of days ago!!

I'm going in August with my daughters, I'll be there for about a month in the new "Green Zone" in the  Mozhaysky District
but my oldest daughter is going to move into the family compound of her boyfriend's family in the North of the city...
my youngest will stay with me in Mozhaysky, and decide if she wants to stay in Russia or not...
each of them has job offers in  Mozhaysky and of course, I do as well, but I am also supposed to put quite a bit of "skin in the game" to be there and get instant citizenship as well
if only it wasn't SO COLD there...

both of them are quitting university in the USA at the end of next month
and don't have any intention of resuming their education until after the pandemic, whenever that is, when they can return to normal classroom learning

I'm flying on a private plane and will be processed on the tarmac without having to go inside Sheremetyevo!!
it will be an interesting trip in many ways!!

yeah baby, "The IG"
we got THAT in Moscva to!!!!
part of DarkNet
but the first rule of The IG is....
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:29:02 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hopefully it doesn't affect family based visas but why issue temporary work visas when unemployment is high?

Family visas are not allowed according to article. :(

http://washingtonpost.com/immigration/coronavirus-trump-suspend-immigration/2020/04/21/464e2440-838d-11ea-ae26-989cfce1c7c7_story.html?tid=pm_pop&itid=pm_pop
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline BillyB

I think I had this for a day or two in December.  I didn't need a body bag!

Our government has ordered 100,000 body bags. If you need one later, you know who to call.

http://nypost.com/2020/04/02/pentagon-orders-100000-body-bags-for-coronavirus-victims/

Family visas are not allowed according to article. :(

http://washingtonpost.com/immigration/coronavirus-trump-suspend-immigration/2020/04/21/464e2440-838d-11ea-ae26-989cfce1c7c7_story.html?tid=pm_pop&itid=pm_pop

Not so fast. I'm sure there is fake news in there. They are reporting news before there is news. I watched Trump's briefing today and he was asked for details on the ban. He says it's being written today. He has not even signed the executive order yet. I'm not sure Trump even knows what all it says until he reads it. We'll know more soon.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Faux Pas

I'm going in August with my daughters, I'll be there for about a month in the new "Green Zone" in the  Mozhaysky District
but my oldest daughter is going to move into the family compound of her boyfriend's family in the North of the city...
my youngest will stay with me in Mozhaysky, and decide if she wants to stay in Russia or not...
each of them has job offers in  Mozhaysky and of course, I do as well, but I am also supposed to put quite a bit of "skin in the game" to be there and get instant citizenship as well

So which one of the neighborhood kids is going to get to play Army in the tree fort while you're gone?

Offline msmob

I'm going to 'sofa surf' there.. hadn't you heard the gos' ?

Offline BillyB

EU nations, UK, Canada and America account for around 12% of the world's population but currently have 86% of the coronavirus deaths. Seems like most of the world is under reporting. Or maybe the rest of the world has better leaders, experts, and health care systems to protect the citizens? This is one of those moments we really get to see which nations are more honest than others.

Offline msmob

BillyB,

Perhaps your stats would make more sense if you figured out

1/ Where nations are in the infection curve

2/ Thought about where the most international traffic routes where?

Offline Gator

I am also supposed to put quite a bit of "skin in the game" to be there and get instant citizenship as well

Good luck, Citizen Krimster and family!

Congratulations on following your heart and living where you best belong.   

Please let us know how you are doing after you get settled 

Online Faux Pas

I'm going to 'sofa surf' there.. hadn't you heard the gos' ?

Your bank is holding up your cash again? Krim doesn't strike me as a pensioner that's willing to taxi you around for $6.92

Offline BillyB

BillyB,

Perhaps your stats would make more sense if you figured out

1/ Where nations are in the infection curve

2/ Thought about where the most international traffic routes where?

EU nations, UK, Canada and America account for around 12% of the world's population but currently have 86% of the coronavirus deaths. Seems like most of the world is under reporting. Or maybe the rest of the world has better leaders, experts, and health care systems to protect the citizens? This is one of those moments we really get to see which nations are more honest than others.

Or maybe those regions had more international travellers ? ....

The North American and European nations I mentioned have 154,000 deaths. China, with a population of nearly double those nations, have 4632 deaths.  Number of travelers doesn't always equate to infections. All it takes is one person to bring it in a country and spread it around. Vietnam, Laos, and North Korea all border China. They all finished their curve and are at the bottom or they have no curve. They all report zero deaths.

Offline msmob

BillyB

Are you now suggesting China's figures are accurate enough to be used to try to prove another silly notion of yours?

The UK figures are way lower re deaths and those infected.. One third of deaths are being certified as Covid-19.

'Our' death figures do not include those dying at home or in care homes.

The figures from our ONS should be used.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Ukraine basically follows whatever Russia does...
at the moment, travel to Ukraine or Russia isn't possible if you're a foreigner, even if you have PR...

Russia is currently only available to Russians, and if you don't live in Moscow, you have to be quarantined in this crappy little place until they run out of room for new inmates
and then then they only allow Moscow residents in...
this just started happening a couple of days ago!!

both of them are quitting university in the USA at the end of next month
and don't have any intention of resuming their education until after the pandemic, whenever that is, when they can return to normal classroom learning

I'm flying on a private plane and will be processed on the tarmac without having to go inside Sheremetyevo!!
it will be an interesting trip in many ways!!

yeah baby, "The IG"
we got THAT in Moscva to!!!!
part of DarkNet
but the first rule of The IG is....

Recent news reports suggest that Zelensky is will to toe the line a bit with Moscow in order to try to resolve the conflict in East Ukraine. Whether anything comes of that I guess we will wait and see.

So how come you decided to move from the US to Moscow Krim? Sounds quite dramatric your daughters quiting Uni in the US and setting up in Moscow, do they see a better future with better opportunities there? How did your daughter cone to know her boyfriend in northern Moscow?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

BillyB

Are you now suggesting China's figures are accurate enough to be used to try to prove another silly notion of yours?

I wasn't trying to say China's figures are accurate. My little exercise was to prove many nations reporting's AREN'T ACCURATE. It was simple enough but you don't get it. You don't get a lot of things.

Offline fathertime

I wouldn't put the word 'honest' in a sentence with 'world leaders' like the USA in it.  The US has more resources than other countries and can do more testing because of that.   Other nations won't be able to afford to go through the same protocols as us, so when people die, they die, and it is probably left at that.  One thing that can be gleaned though is the US tens of thousands of people apparently have died from the virus, so we are an infected nation, perhaps the most infected.  We won't be as welcome in other countries as long as this remains the case, even with all the money we can throw around.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline msmob

I wasn't trying to say China's figures are accurate. My little exercise was to prove many nations reporting's AREN'T ACCURATE. It was simple enough but you don't get it. You don't get a lot of things.

I am sorry, but on re-reading your post, the 'exercise' you claim is not (in any way) 'clear'....

Offline BC

Billy,

No nation has published 'accurate' numbers.

Not the Italians, not the Germans, not the French, not the Americans.

Offline BillyB

Billy,

No nation has published 'accurate' numbers.

Not the Italians, not the Germans, not the French, not the Americans.

If you're trying to say China's numbers are just as accurate as America's or Europe's, just say it. Do you think Italy wants to be accurate with their coronavirus death numbers or do you think they are intentionally lying? How about China?

Offline BC

Does it matter at this point?  Will knowing the exact numbers cure anyone? Will it lower our numbers? Don't we all have enough numbers to know it's pretty serious?

If you just want to assess some blame there will be plenty of time for that down the road.

Offline BillyB

Don't we all have enough numbers to know it's pretty serious?

If China reported accurate numbers, I think Italy and other nations would've acted earlier to make a significant difference. Data is important. Without it, we could assume we're dealing with a virus no dangerous than the flu.

Of course there's under reporting evening in Western nations but it's not done intentionally and the numbers that are reported are alarming enough to take serious action. Article below talks about it. NY hospitals were experiencing 4 times the deaths than normal per day. That is what this one virus can do compared to all other illnesses and injuries humans endure. This one virus can easily be the leading cause of death but most citizens worldwide don't take it serious based on what their governments and state run media report.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/25-000-missing-deaths-tracking-122220495.html

Offline jone

Does it matter at this point?  Will knowing the exact numbers cure anyone? Will it lower our numbers? Don't we all have enough numbers to know it's pretty serious?

If you just want to assess some blame there will be plenty of time for that down the road.

Yeah, well, I think it matters.   The low death toll is an 'in your face' type figure that highlights how dishonest the Chinese government has been and how desperate they are to hide the truth.   Insisting that those numbers are correct (and they do) reduces their credibility on all fronts.   And we need answers to ameliorate our understanding of the disease.

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541388
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2154
Total: 2164

+-Recent Posts

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 04:57:12 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM