It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My view of the war  (Read 240922 times)

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
My view of the war
« Reply #375 on: September 17, 2014, 02:26:43 PM »
History

MissA
That video is not available everywhere

Offline missAmeno

My view of the war
« Reply #376 on: September 17, 2014, 02:49:56 PM »
try this one

Online Faux Pas

My view of the war
« Reply #377 on: September 17, 2014, 03:13:08 PM »
try this one

Nah, not for viewing in my country (US) it says

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
My view of the war
« Reply #378 on: September 17, 2014, 03:56:46 PM »
Really Gator, you see the Tea Party as radical?

Yes, but not crackpots.

Regarding your philosophy, I admire the general concept of the libertarian party, particularly the concept of self-reliance.  Yet the devil is in the details and some important parts of the platform seem unworkable  IMO. 

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #379 on: September 17, 2014, 04:09:49 PM »

You and your win-win scenarios.

I know you can't see past your nose so I'll try to use small words for you to understand.

This agreement will create a frozen conflict. If you don't know what that is, allow me:

In international relations, a frozen conflict is a situation in which active armed conflict has been brought to an end, but no peace treaty or other political framework resolves the conflict to the satisfaction of the combatants.
Now, take a wild guess who will be manipulating this frozen conflict. Three guesses and the first two don't count. I will not ask you why because it would be a sorry sight to see a man's head explode.

For exhibit A, we have:

Do you really think Ukraine will win anything here? Seriously?
Only cowards would see this as a win-win.

I am not surprised and am actually rather delighted that you have taken umbrage with the post I made. 

Although it is Poroshenko that is proposing what he thinks is best.  Meanwhile you are safety tucked away and are jumping up and down at HIS proposal.   You are proving to be a rabid extremist that won't be satisfied with any plan for peace in which both sides walk away with something.   That is not how this situation will be solved but your angry opinion from afar will not be important.  You or your children are not shedding blood so it is easy for you to demand others to go to battle and die, despite the fact that other options exist.    Very 'brave' of you! 

You have jabbered numerous times about a 'frozen conflict' as if it is something novel and the vocab word for the week.  Although it probably is to you, the term/dilemma has been around a long time and sometimes it is simply the best option among other unpalatable choices.  Military actions usually terminate in these situations and people have the possibility of existing in relative peace.  South Korea is a fine example. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
My view of the war
« Reply #380 on: September 17, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »
PBS did an interview with Stephen Cohen about 10 days after the Kiev coup. Interesting viewpoint, whether we agree or otherwise, on Putin, Ukraine and Georgia...

Ukraine vs Russia in a nutshell...the comments are hysterical.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:16:37 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #381 on: September 17, 2014, 04:29:16 PM »

Did it already.

BTW, I don't have a party

Actually you do have a party....it is called LA RAZA..

Close but no. I am a libertarian. I do not consider myself a TP'er although I do agree with much their platform. Rather than parrot your party line, look a bit closer at the TP platform and make up your own mind

The Tea Party has been successfully stigmatized by people like Muhz.   

Fathertime!

Online Faux Pas

My view of the war
« Reply #382 on: September 17, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »

Yes, but not crackpots.

Regarding your philosophy, I admire the general concept of the libertarian party, particularly the concept of self-reliance.  Yet the devil is in the details and some important parts of the platform seem unworkable  IMO.

Radical generally infers crackpots in this context. It's a sad state of affairs for the country when those that adhere and wish the  constitution of the land be enforced are referred as radical. Wouldn't you agree? Kind of like if you are told a lie long enough it tends to become the truth.

It's workable but, would take some work, indeed. I tend to think it wouldn't be as difficult as what we are doing today. If we accept the idea to not violate the constitution instead of making it acceptable and blase' to violate it, we could.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
My view of the war
« Reply #383 on: September 17, 2014, 05:20:26 PM »

Radical generally infers crackpots in this context. It's a sad state of affairs for the country when those that adhere and wish the  constitution of the land be enforced are referred as radical. Wouldn't you agree? Kind of like if you are told a lie long enough it tends to become the truth.

It's workable but, would take some work, indeed. I tend to think it wouldn't be as difficult as what we are doing today. If we accept the idea to not violate the constitution instead of making it acceptable and blase' to violate it, we could.

Grand statement, and very appropriate considering that today is Constitution Day.  Are you surprised by my knowing such?

Tea Party is decentralized, giving rise in some locales to political candidates too radical for my way of thinking. 

Online Faux Pas

My view of the war
« Reply #384 on: September 17, 2014, 06:01:42 PM »

Grand statement, and very appropriate considering that today is Constitution Day.  Are you surprised by my knowing such?

Actually no, not surprised at all. You are a very well read man. I admire that about you.

Tea Party is decentralized, giving rise in some locales to political candidates too radical for my way of thinking.

The Tea Party is a grassroots movement that evolved out of desperation. The idea and platform is a wonderful one and IMO a 3rd major party is badly needed in this country but, you are correct. The local leadership is generally made up of nut bags and the national leadership is mere commodities/whores  for election support with no goals for change.

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
My view of the war
« Reply #385 on: September 18, 2014, 10:29:15 AM »
PBS did an interview with Stephen Cohen about 10 days after the Kiev coup. Interesting viewpoint, whether we agree or otherwise, on Putin, Ukraine and Georgia...

Stephen Cohen is the illegitimate son of Walter Duranty.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #386 on: September 18, 2014, 10:33:50 AM »

Actually you do have a party....it is called LA RAZA..

The Tea Party has been successfully stigmatized by people like Muhz.   

Fathertime!

::)

What a moron.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #387 on: September 18, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »

Stephen Cohen is the illegitimate son of Walter Duranty.

Kind'a have something in common with Obama, then...

But yes, Stephen is also demonized all over by the western media. He was/is a close personal friend of Gorbachev, was an adviser to Pres. HW Bush, dislikes Slick Willy for his NATO ambitions, wrote a few scathing columns earning him as a Putin/Kremlin apologist, etc...
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #388 on: September 18, 2014, 11:03:53 AM »
Kind'a have something in common with Obama, then...

But yes, Stephen is also demonized all over by the western media. He was/is a close personal friend of Gorbachev, was an adviser to Pres. HW Bush, dislikes Slick Willy for his NATO ambitions, wrote a few scathing columns earning him as a Putin/Kremlin apologist, etc...

Kinda?

The man hates the Nigr. Accuses him of treason.

Now, you are being a little harsh about the western media. Demonizing an ultra-left journalist? C'mon, be serious.

Accuracy in Media has exposed the man as not being totally honest.

Slate is not as benign. They go for the jugular.

Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.

Keep in mind, these two outfits would be considered by many conservatives to be on the liberal side.

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #389 on: September 18, 2014, 11:17:49 AM »
Don't you just hate these high ranking US University alumnus? We even have one residing at the White House right now. They shouldn't be allowed outside much less continue to spread their demonic venom in such places like Princeton and NY University.

It's almost as bad as our list of politicians, actively serving or otherwise.

Anyway...I'm sure Stephen would have something critical to say to the latest development in DC about approving that we arm and financially support Al Qaeda the Syrian rebels in their fight to oust a democratically elected president of a sovereign nation ISIS out of Syria.

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #390 on: September 18, 2014, 11:23:51 AM »
Don't you just hate these high ranking US University alumnus? We even have one residing at the White House right now. They shouldn't be allowed outside much less continue to spread their demonic venom in such places like Princeton and NY University.

Anyway...I'm sure Stephen would have something critical to say to the latest development in DC about approving that we arm and financially support Al Qaeda the Syrian rebels in their fight to oust a democratically elected president of a sovereign nation ISIS out of Syria.

I'm sorry to say that Mr. Cohen has made himself irrelevant. I seriously believe that no one will take him seriously. Sad.

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #391 on: September 18, 2014, 11:25:26 AM »
You may be right, Muzh. Like I said, he and Obama have something in common.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
My view of the war
« Reply #392 on: September 18, 2014, 11:33:45 AM »
Any ceasefire or "agreement" with Putin and his proxy fighters in E. Ukraine might as well be printed on toilet paper:  the man clearly cannot be trusted to keep up his end of the bargain

Why the current ceasefire is illusory:

http://www.imrussia.org/en/politics/803-illusory-ceasefire

Offline Boethius

My view of the war
« Reply #393 on: September 18, 2014, 11:39:06 AM »
Kinda?

The man hates the Nigr. Accuses him of treason.

Now, you are being a little harsh about the western media. Demonizing an ultra-left journalist? C'mon, be serious.

Accuracy in Media has exposed the man as not being totally honest.

Slate is not as benign. They go for the jugular.

Keep in mind, these two outfits would be considered by many conservatives to be on the liberal side.

The fact Cohen believed in so called perestroika and glasnost proves he is a useful idiot.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #394 on: September 18, 2014, 11:59:52 AM »
Speaking of nigger...I'm not sure why Muzh keeps referring to that term when he speaks of Obama. Obama is a hybrid, just as many Americans are these days. He is, if any, a mulato not a nigger.

The fact Cohen believed in so called perestroika and glasnost proves he is a useful idiot.

...or even an idiot. Apparently Stephen have much more in common with Obama than initially thought.

:P

Except Stephen Cohen is a scholar and Obama is, a, well...had he taken Trump's offer of giving $5 million dollars to any charities Obama chooses in exchange for allowing Harvard to release his school records and credentials, which Obama didn't accept; they may in fact have that in common, too.

An aside: Donald's pretty funny and very generous to Obama. He offered Obama a lifetime membership and privileges to any of his exclusive golf course in exchange for him to resign from office and save America from suffering for 2 more years...but again, Obama refused.

:(

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:07:58 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • Helping People Understand Each Other
  • Trips: Resident
My view of the war
« Reply #395 on: September 18, 2014, 01:17:47 PM »

I enjoy your reports.
This made we wonder about something.  A few RW I met expressed prejudices against Ukrainians.    Is such prejudice widespread, and if so, does it contribute to the current conflict?
Thank you. Prejudices are widespread. For some reason, Russians always believed they were the big brother of Ukrainians, although it is the other way around as you can see from the movie map. When Rus was a big state, Moscow did not even exist.

In my view it is a complex of a bad boy who gets bad marks and is despised at school so he joins a bad company, learns how to beat and humiliate and takes revenge on decent boys who are too civil to use his ways and fight with him. He beats them one by one taking advantage of their lack of mean skills and attempts to solve issues by talking, and claims that he is tough and they are losers and sissies who deserve to be beaten and robbed by someone who is stronger or just clever at dirty tricks. Russians realize subconsciousnessly that they are a loser nation and although few of them admit it, they are all uncomfortable about it one way or another (again, without even realizing it). So they need to find someone to direct their hidden anger at. Ukrainians fit this role perfectly.

Sure, it contributes to the conflict. I would even say that Russian Nazism is blossoming. Aimed at Ukrainians now although they also target Georgians, Chechens, peoples of Central Asia and anyone else that Putin wants them to attack. I suspect that this attitude is pumped by the Kremlin propaganda purposefully besides what I explained above. For example, a movie where some guys suddenly get to the past ending up in the middle of a WWII fighting. Some of them are Russians, some are Ukrainians. The movie shows the UPA (Ukrainian Rebel Army) shooting civilians. It is a popular lie by the Kremlin (in fact, it was NKVD units who changed uniforms and posed as the UPA committing atrocities so that the local population stopped supporting the UPA) but when you see it for the umpteenth time in a movie you start to believe it even if you do not think much of it. But you subconsciousness remembers it, and when a TV report claims that fascists are at power in Kiev you are likely to believe it without much criticism because you have done your homework well so to say. It is something you want to believe.
If you are at all familiar with Ukrainian literary criticism of the period, you would know that all of the intellectuals who flourished during that period, and all the writers, were killed, from about 1927 to 1931.  So, once the Revolution was "won", the policy of encouraging Ukrainian was reversed.
So, I think you need to look at this more broadly.
History is history. As someone once said, if all lies are removed from history it does not mean only truth will remain. Nothing may remain. I speak mainly of my experience living in Soviet Ukraine in the 1980s. (As for the 1970s, I remember very little).

Their leaders were the bastard princes of Kiev Rus'.
Exactly. The Russian separatism is deeply rooted in history. Russian bastards only know how to do something bad.
Igor Kalinin
Ukraine Guide Interpreter

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #396 on: September 18, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »
Speaking of nigger...I'm not sure why Muzh keeps referring to that term when he speaks of Obama. Obama is a hybrid, just as many Americans are these days. He is, if any, a mulato not a nigger.

LMFAO!!!

You know why, you sly dog.  ;)

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #397 on: September 18, 2014, 01:44:26 PM »
 :offtopic:

I invited three of my friends as guests to my golf club last Sunday. After playing, one of them, Sean, left and the 3 of us enjoyed lunch and had those types of conversation Eric Holder said Americans are scared to discuss...they're all blacks. Sean is a successful realtor in an upscale neighborhood, the other a charter school teacher and then a retired LAPD (I still don't like that they can retire with full pension in their 50s  >:( ).

LMAO! You should've been a fly on the wall. As you well know, I'll speak my mind. I know these guys will take it from me because they know I won't feed them BS then say a different thing behind their backs, like, you know, so many *decent* Americans do.

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #398 on: September 18, 2014, 02:21:08 PM »

You know why, you sly dog.  ;)
Because you like to appear racist and a moron?

Fathertime!

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #399 on: September 18, 2014, 02:29:52 PM »

It seems clear to me that forcing/enabling the ouster of Assad is very high on priority list for the USA for some screwed up reason.  Long term I'd expect the mission to create more problems (indirect and direct) for us then it solves.
Fathertime!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2271
Total: 2282

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM