It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Toilet paper and other toilet issues  (Read 1258 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Toilet paper and other toilet issues
« on: March 19, 2020, 09:20:41 AM »
Corona and shortage of toilet paper may bring some sensibility to the USA people regarding toilet usage and cleanup.

First, public toilets.  Since my late teenage years I have taken precautions that 95% of folks don't even think about.  Most basic is use of the door handle.  I NEVER touch the handle with any hand that will later be used for eating, etc.  Use a paper towel.  And think ahead by picking up some paper napkins before you enter the toilet.  If you forget to take in napkin and no paper towel inside, then wait a while for someone to open door, or pull out bottom of your shirt and use it to open door.

I remember at university the door handles were those foot long stainless steel or chrome bars.  When exiting with friends and going to eat, they would see me using my pinky finger only to pull open the door.  When they finished laughing I would say; apparently you guys don't mind sticking hundreds of dirty penises into your mouths (because many guys don't wash their hands after peeing).

Think how idiotic it is.  You wash your hand carefully with soap and water . . . and then grab the knob which has been grabbed by hundreds who have not washed anything.

Second, at home.  Bidets are great.  But even if you don't have the full stand alone unit, there are satisfactory alternatives.  Don't worry about lack of toilet paper.

http://www.wish.com/product/5a902e0f22fad7533084385a?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=US&_force_currency_code=USD&pid=googleadwords_int&c=%7BcampaignId%7D&ad_cid=5a902e0f22fad7533084385a&ad_cc=US&ad_curr=USD&ad_price=15.00&campaign_id=7203534630&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-Jngg_Wm6AIVlP_jBx2cIw1IEAYYByABEgJuQvD_BwE&share=web

http://www.acehardware.com/departments/plumbing/toilets/toilets-and-bidets/4395323?x429=true&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-Jngg_Wm6AIVlP_jBx2cIw1IEAYYAyABEgIOYvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

And thousands of other alternatives available on Internet.

An even simpler method . . . use the bath tub.  Just one little wipe with one tiny bit of toilet paper to make sure no big dripping . . . then sit down on bath tub edge with your butt hanging into tub.  Reach behind to turn on the water that is headed down.  Best if you get it nice and hot.  Then use your hand to cup some water and wash away, repeated many times.  You can really achieve a great sparkly feeling.  Use some soap if you wish.  Then, of course, wash your hand extra good before exiting.

Lack of toilet paper . . . not a really big problem inside a house.

And yes I have been in Middle East where no toilet tissue, yet even most basic of toilets in rustic places had the single spray of water.  Works pretty good if you can take the cold water right on your butt hole.

- - - - - -

Joke:  Gal is waiting forever to exit toilet at restaurant.  Finally friend comes into inquire.
Gal says she is waiting for an employee to come in to wash her hands because sign says . . .

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 09:45:24 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Toilet paper and other toilet issues
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 10:53:19 AM »
...First, public toilets.  Since my late teenage years I have taken precautions that 95% of folks don't even think about.  Most basic is use of the door handle.  I NEVER touch the handle with any hand that will later be used for eating, etc.  Use a paper towel.  And think ahead by picking up some paper napkins before you enter the toilet.  If you forget to take in napkin and no paper towel inside, then wait a while for someone to open door, or pull out bottom of your shirt and use it to open door.

I remember at university the door handles were those foot long stainless steel or chrome bars.  When exiting with friends and going to eat, they would see me using my pinky finger only to pull open the door.  When they finished laughing I would say; apparently you guys don't mind sticking hundreds of dirty penises into your mouths (because many guys don't wash their hands after peeing).

Think how idiotic it is.  You wash your hand carefully with soap and water . . . and then grab the knob which has been grabbed by hundreds who have not washed anything.

Shoot, trivial as it may seem, I thought I was alone in making this little moments a bigger deal than it was necessary.

After washing my hands, then grabbing a towel to dry, I would never discard the towel before opening the door. I would always use it to pry open the door, slid the side of my foot to block the door from closing, throw the towel away, kick prop the door to open wide with my foot, and proceed to walk outside.

In new places where they no longer install paper towel dispenser and instead provide those air dryer (the worst), plies of toilet paper in stalls takes the place of paper towels.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Confederate

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 05:57:26 PM »
For anyone who needs toilet paper:

Say you go to Walmart and they’re out of it in the normal tp section.

Simply walk over to the automotive care area,  usually on the other side of the store.

In that area will be a small section devoted to RV’s, and in that small section will be plenty of TP specifically made for RV’s.

It’s quickly biodegradable for an RV septic. Really not very different yet slightly more expensive. You’re welcome. 😎
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 06:06:04 PM by Confederate »
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 07:34:30 PM »
Or you could subscribe to a daily newspaper.
You will get a fresh supply each day.
Please get the print edition...
There is enough crap on the internet already.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1878
Total: 1889

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM