It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: ML and Ukrainian Women.  (Read 266763 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2011, 09:43:41 AM »
We are both into walking for exercise, so we regularly walk the streets in my area.  The local men my age are quite jealous, and have told me so.  Size 6, forty something women are not common hereabouts.

I told my Gal of this jealousy, and the fact that I like it.   8)
She doesn't quite understand it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:45:24 AM by ManLooking »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2011, 09:53:18 AM »
She has purchased the Hyundai Elantra with her own money.
We both really like the way it drives and handles.
She is getting a lot of practice in driving, but not ready to be on her own yet.

Her mother asked how she was getting back and  forth to school.
When told that I go back and forth each trip with her; the mother said: That is too much work for him.

When told that soon she would drive entirely by herself; the mother said:  OMG, don't do it !!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2011, 12:31:25 PM »
MKL,

You are having a great time!  She sounds like a good woman. 

I understand now your explanation of her writing style.  I believe I have seen this before.  My ex-wife was mostly self-taught in English and she concentrated on vocabulary.  Her vocabulary was awesome, yet her sentences were in the Russian style with English words substituted for Russian.  Conversations were breezy, and in fact one would marvel at her unique syntax, thinking it something akin to Shakespeare.  Her sentences would never suffice for scholastic work except possibly creative writing.  :D

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2011, 06:26:03 PM »
Mini trip.  Going to Niagara Falls for Labor Day weekend.

I know the view from Canada side is better,  but don't want to take unnecessary chances with her leaving and re-entering USA.

Can do it on Student Visa, but always some risk involved in getting back into USA.

The hotel websites are very nasty.  Even when you put in Niagara Falls, NY, USA; some of the hotels that pop up are in Canada.  Quite a headache.

Offline Muzh

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2011, 05:59:49 AM »
Mini trip.  Going to Niagara Falls for Labor Day weekend.

I know the view from Canada side is better,  but don't want to take unnecessary chances with her leaving and re-entering USA.

A very cheap way to send her back; courtesy of the Canadian government.

Can do it on Student Visa, but always some risk involved in getting back into USA.

Are you sure about that?

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2011, 11:04:47 AM »
Trip to Niagara Falls went great.  We are very compatible being together 24/7, mainly because she is so calm most of the time.  Nothing rattles her.  She is not at all 'high strung' like many of her sister FSUW and she is very low maintenance.  Can even get dressed up to the nines and ready to leave before me.  And is equally at ease putting on the jeans or shorts and sneakers to stroll around.

She wore super short white shorts (size 4-6 on a five feet seven frame with flowing long blonde hair) with pink T-shirt on one walking foray.  We talked  to a couple of late 20s guys to get some directions.  There were thousands of people out and about.  About 7 hours later,  these same two guys came up to us to ask if we had gotten to where we wanted to go.  I said that I was surprised they had remembered us and recognized us with so many people out and about.  They just smiled.  Then I looked at her . . . and realized why they remembered us!!

The many porker teenage and 20 something gals help the spirit of my early 40s Gal quite a bit.  She likes to point them out, and then ask me how her legs and ass compare!!!

Since this was my second view of the Falls, it didn't quite have the same WOW factor as the first time around.  But it did WOW the gal.  She raved about the view and the stupendous power of the falling water.

Talked to her mother on mobile while we were near the Falls.  Her mother told her it was too dangerous and to not go near the railing again.  :-)

We stayed at a 5 star hotel a couple of blocks from the falls.  I was kinda peed that they didn't have parking  on site, as they took our car away to park it.  But, as a consolation prize, they drove us to restaurants, etc., in a gigantically stretched black Lincoln Town car at no additional cost.  The Gal got dressed up in her new black dress, black high heels and pearls, and felt like a movie star arriving in the Lincoln.  The 20 something desk clerk even said WOW when we came into the lobby . . . and he wasn't looking at me.

Took her new Elantra on  this trip to put some mileage on it.  It really is a fun car to drive and despite the small 4 banger, it performed well on the Interstates with no problem in quickly running up from 60 to 80 when needed to pass, etc.  Quite a smooth ride also, despite the relatively light weight.

Gal is getting a lot of experience in driving, but still has quite a ways to go.  She stares straight ahead and doesn't know what is happening beside her.  Twice, when she passed another car on Interstate, she cut back in much too soon and the other drivers had to brake.  I about sheeeeet my pants.  She told me earlier I was a good driving instructor because I didn't yell at her . . . but on these two occasions, I couldn't help from yelling at her.  After that, she took my advice to see the car in rearview mirror before cutting back in.  Hope the lesson sticks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:43:18 AM by ManLooking »

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2011, 02:32:52 PM »
It seems like you enjoy your time. :) Good for you. Just one thing...

To my mind, you try too hard to convince your audience that your woman is a hotty. The harder you try to do that, the less believable you sound.

Why would you need to touch imaginations of others with the purpose to make them desiring your co-habitant? This is a rhetorical q-n.

I would delete the sentence about your woman feeling better after comparing herself to porker younger women. Men appear to prefer women who feel great after comparing themselves to toned and well-shaped younger ladies, not porker ones.

It is also better to omit age of men who wow at your woman. 20 something guys have such a hormone composition pressuring on  their bodies that they often cannot hold back their wows at the sight of anything that seem boinkable to them, even at the sight of porker teenagers in short shorts.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:35:54 PM by vwrw »
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline Jumper

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »
boinkable

:offtopic:
lol, I'm thinking this is an ultimate sign of  you having fully transitioned into western slang/dialog.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2011, 09:15:36 AM »
I aways get a kick out of reading some posts on these boards where some guy says he is thinking of going to FSU to live for awhile and maybe he will teach English to earn some pocket money.

I knew that just because we can talk and write in English in no way means we can teach it; particularly when it come to the part where we need to explain WHY we are using certain words, etc.

It all is coming home to me now as I try to help my Gal with her English lessons.

I vaguely remember past, present, and future; and maybe even past perfect. But who the he!! ever heard of past perfect progressive?

And a 'gerund.'  Got to be kidding; right??!!   :o

I now find it quite puzzling why I can actually write semi-understandable sentences when I haven't the foggiest notion of the rules of English.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2011, 08:53:19 AM »
In another recent thread, there was a discussion of prices FSUW will pay for winter coats, etc.

On the way back from our visit to Niagara Falls, we stopped at a Burlington Coat Factory outlet store.

With her own money, Gal bought a very nice looking white winter parka for $59.99.  It had an original price tag of $160.  She also bought a pair of suede leather winter boots for $69.99 that had an original tag of  $190.  As it turns out, the coat store sells more than just coats.

She is extremely pleased with both items.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2011, 11:24:45 AM »
Gal is now driving herself back and forth to school in her Elantra.  So gives me more free time.  She is doing pretty good in the English classes, but it takes tons of homework time. 

We recently downloaded the latest version of Abbyy Lingvo X5 Russian - English.  It has quite a  bit more features than the previous Lingvo 11 we had, so I highly recommend it.  Has voice pronunciation, some lessons, many alternative word translation meanings, etc.

She has adapted pretty well to keeping bread out of the house.  So rather than putting on a few 'American pounds' she has actually lost some weight in her two and a half months here.  And, thanks to her enthusiastic use of my weight room, I am getting into better shape also.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2011, 08:28:02 AM »
Gal is really enjoying her university English classes.  She had worried about being probably  the 'oldest' student (mid 40s), but it hasn't been a problem at all.  She interacts well with the mostly 20 somethings.  She has even been helping them mature a little bit by giving some life advice.

Example:  In a break discussion, the younger ones said: Why spend so much time on constructing sentences for homework because the teacher really doesn't spend much time correcting and it doesn't count much toward grade.

Gal said:  I am not constructing the sentences for the teacher.  I am doing it for myself so that I can learn English to the highest level possible.

Interesting also in that in the reading class, the (man) teacher has students read aloud from a novel.  After a few sentences he cuts them off and asks next student to read.  Gal told me it was strange that he let her read on and on much longer than the others.

I professed to not have an answer to this . . . but I suspect it is  the FSU accent he likes to hear!!   8)

Gal is extremely happy here and we are both quite enjoying our time together. Of course I know that these relationships  can turn on a dime, so am not naive about this.

Her mother continues to be a little bit of a worry for me.

In last Skype talk mother said:  Are you  homesick?
Gal replied:  No, not at all.
Mother:  I don't believe you.

Mother:  How are you doing in classes?  I suspect you are the worst student.
Gal:  No, I am doing fine.  I am near the top of the group.  Why  would  you think I am worst since I was always at top in my University studies?
Mother:  Yes, but you are too old for University now.

Bread continues to be a little bit of a problem.  Gal is keeping stoic about  it, but could blow up any day.

I recently bought a loaf (12 grain most healthy type) strictly so we could have BLTs  (love those babies, and Gal is hooked on them now  too).  I took out 4 slices and then started putting the remainder, four slices at a time in freezer bags for later BLTs, one week at a time.  I had to wrestle a couple of slices away from Gal as she wanted to keep them out . . . for later in day.

We laughed a little over this struggle, but  I knew she was a little serious about it.  She said:  My mother would be really mad if she found out about this 'no bread rule.'

I said:  Look at how great you look after losing a few pounds.  Your mother will be proud of you.  Gal:  No she won't, she always told me I was too skinny anyway, so she will be very worried when I look even skinnier.  Note:  She is not skinny, but  rather is in my nice slender categorization with a size 6.

We are going to Washington DC for 4 days this weekend.  Was just  able to squeeze this time slot in between the MLK activities this past weekend and the Marine Corps Marathon the last weekend in October.  Can you believe that 30,000 plus runners participate in the MCM?

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2011, 11:27:20 AM »
Bread is a near religous thing with Russians, no...make that a religous thing. Give her the bread and a gym  pass )))

Seriously, give her the bread ;)
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline GoodOlBoy

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2011, 03:22:14 PM »
She is doing pretty good in the English classes, but it takes tons of homework time.

Fantastic news ML.
I can't wait for her to start posting here on RWD!  >:D

GOB
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline GoodOlBoy

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »
Bread continues to be a little bit of a problem.  Gal is keeping stoic about  it, but could blow up any day.

Quit being such a stingy bast#rd and buy the lady a nice bread making machine.
TG gave me a wonderful recipe for Russian black bread and Marina enjoys making it every now and then.

GOB
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2011, 03:52:04 PM »
Bread is a near religous thing with Russians, no...make that a religous thing. Give her the bread and a gym  pass )))

Bread is arguably the worst thing for you to eat, JR. Unless you're Jewish, then it's OK. You can then break a loaf or two everyday if you want. But then if you're Jewish, you can't go to the gym. Jewish folks don't work-out as you'll never see one near a gym...

There's a guy who opened up a plush gym in Beverly Hills couple of years ago or so. It went broke after 8 months. No one showed up, LOL.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2011, 08:38:14 PM »

Quit being such a stingy bast#rd and buy the lady a nice bread making machine.
TG gave me a wonderful recipe for Russian black bread and Marina enjoys making it every now and then.

GOB

Has nothing to do with cost, but rather with weight and health.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2011, 08:42:27 PM »
Yet you are still controlling her.  That was the gist of GOB's post.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #218 on: October 18, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »
Yet you are still controlling her.  That was the gist of GOB's post.

I seek to control no one.  No one is ever forced to visit my home, eat a non-bread meal in my home,  or live in my home.

If anyone seeks bread rather than my company, the door is open.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:51:13 PM by ManLooking »

Offline Boethius

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #219 on: October 18, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »
Who is "starting in" on you?  Do you not see you are unreasonable? 

If an adult woman wishes to eat bread, why wouldn't you allow her to buy and eat bread?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2011, 08:54:32 PM »

We already have gym passes and I have my own weight room, we walk regularly, and do Pilates.

Bread would negate the benefits already being obtained.

Offline Boethius

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2011, 08:56:57 PM »
Bread would negate the benefits already being obtained.

Shouldn't that be her decision, not yours?

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »

If an adult woman wishes to eat bread, why wouldn't you allow her to buy and eat bread?

She is free to do that anytime she wants . . . in her own apartment or house.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #223 on: October 18, 2011, 09:01:06 PM »

There's a guy who opened up a plush gym in Beverly Hills couple of years ago or so. It went broke after 8 months. No one showed up, LOL.

Offline Boethius

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »
"my house my rules".  The basis of a relationship based on mutual respect and love . . .

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541543
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1201
Most Online Ever: 12701