It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Flower Deliveries  (Read 9836 times)

Offline bobs12

Flower Deliveries
« on: June 26, 2006, 06:05:23 AM »
Advertising forum - nice idea!

I don't know if the owner has posted this on the board, but I have a British friend (Edward) who lives just down the road in St. Petersburg & does flower & gift deliveries, etc. (also scam-checking, maybe I shouldn't have posted about it in the scam forum..? Sorry!)

It's a very professional & friendly service, website is http://www.topetersburgwithlove.com - St. Petersburg & surrounding areas only. Don't be put off by the website, I made it for him to specifications from about a dozen 'commitee' members - if anyone has any suggestions or comments I'll be happy to hear them!

RWD admins - I'll shortly link to you from my site (I run Ed's site as well). Thanks!
Warning: Events in the past may catch up with you!

Offline antiscam_advise

Re: Flower Deliveries
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:03:16 PM »
Advertising forum - nice idea!

I don't know if the owner has posted this on the board, but I have a British friend (Edward) who lives just down the road in St. Petersburg & does flower & gift deliveries, etc. (also scam-checking, maybe I shouldn't have posted about it in the scam forum..? Sorry!)

It's a very professional & friendly service, website is http://www.topetersburgwithlove.com - St. Petersburg & surrounding areas only. Don't be put off by the website, I made it for him to specifications from about a dozen 'commitee' members - if anyone has any suggestions or comments I'll be happy to hear them!

RWD admins - I'll shortly link to you from my site (I run Ed's site as well). Thanks!

Yes, I contcted the owner of this website. I think it was you.
After I visietd "ToPetersburgWithLove" I found that 30%
of its pictures are simply taken from www.RussianFlora.com sites which is a pure violation of the International Copyright laws.

All of the www.RussianFlora.com and www.FlowersToPetersburg.com photos were photographed or legally purchased to appear online.

As soon as I contacted the site administration of: "ToPetersburgWithLove" the pictures were removed within 2 days, which I appreciate.

It takes a work and effort to create something that takes minutes to SAVE AS on your computer ...

Damien
Damien,
Russian Scam Check - fighting online dating scam
http://www.russianscamcheck.org
info@russianscamcheck.org
USA toll-free: 1-888-594-3394 or 1-206-337-2355

Offline bobs12

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 04:35:58 AM »
I think it was you.

LOL your scamchecking service must be really good!

Sorry Sherlock, his name's Edward, mine is Robert. We are indeed two different people. He runs a business, I make websites as a hobby. I tidied up his old website but told him he had to get rid of the pictures :) (he's not a web designer by any stretch of the imagination) so thanks for sending him that email  :D

I take it you run those two sites?

Offline prince_alfie

• Welcome to the Iao PROJECTS, my art gallery.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 09:30:36 AM »
I used russianservice.com (Flamingo) to send flowers to a RW. It worked and in fact, they still got my a photo even though I didn't request it. In fact, it was a good photo and she didn't seem to mind. On the other hand, I may try another service to see what else I get.
Not existing anymore. Please disregard this account as hacked. Thanks very much for your interest.

Offline bobs12

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 02:48:17 AM »
The delivery market is really competitive, so most of the companies are very serious about delivering a 'better-than-good' service to ensure return custom - unusual for Russia  :D A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, as they say  ;)

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 08:44:34 AM »
As an FYI. I have used "To Petersburg with love' and found them to be an excellent service. No complaints from me or the girls.
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline prince_alfie

• Welcome to the Iao PROJECTS, my art gallery.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 10:41:48 AM »
Cool, what do you do with the pictures afterwards? Actually I'm thinking of printing and framing mine!  8)
Not existing anymore. Please disregard this account as hacked. Thanks very much for your interest.

Offline antiscam_advise

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 09:48:48 AM »
LOL your scamchecking service must be really good!

Sorry Sherlock, his name's Edward, mine is Robert. We are indeed two different people. He runs a business, I make websites as a hobby. I tidied up his old website but told him he had to get rid of the pictures :) (he's not a web designer by any stretch of the imagination) so thanks for sending him that email  :D

I take it you run those two sites?

Yes, these 2 sitea are ran by RussianFlora.com network, I am one of the enablers.
We do a lots of things besides flowers and gift baskets. like personlozied gifts, custom gifts per clients' specifications etc.
Flowers is a great entry point into the loved ones' heart, yet many of our customers have needs which go beyond what regular flower shop can offer ...
Few ordered electronic items, like cell phones, digital cameras etc.
In some cases people we deliver gift certificate to massage, gym etc...

In today's competetive marketplace if you are not distinct - you will exctinct ...
Hence digital picture and video of delivery services are part of the mix etc ...

D

http://www.RussianFlora.com
info@russianflora.com
1-888-294-9941

Damien,

Offline bobs12

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 01:34:55 PM »
Not to mention good old-fashioned personal service :)

I remember that when Edward told me he was going to do flower deliveries I didn't take it too seriously, thinking it was such a narrow niche that the existing agents would all be fighting for elbow room. The number of orders Ed receives in an average day now is brilliant, makes me wonder what the more established guys get :) Supposedly a lot of it comes just from referral by word of mouth, which makes sense - I predicted the biggest problem for any online florist would be to persuade a window shopper that it's safe to send money over the net to a Russian organisation  ;D

The pictures and videos are a good idea - cost nothing materially, just time and effort. Which just gave me a nice idea!!

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 02:01:13 PM »
...."The number of orders Ed receives in an average day now is brilliant, makes me wonder what the more established guys get"....

Bob we average anywhere from 10 to 15 flower delivery/photo orders a week, so a 2-3 daily average, and 90% of this is also word of mouth. I would say your friend is doing quite well.

Offline bobs12

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 04:27:35 AM »
Sweet! :) Thanks for that, was always very curious to know! Seems a hard 'market' to assess, but I guess he's doing better than I thought. Funny thing about flower deliveries is how guarded people seem to be about it - there's virtually no way to judge the success of an agency just by looking at their website :) I was thinking they must be getting hundreds of orders per week. Not knowing how much of a market is out there kind of makes it hard to know how much effort to put into trying to reach more of it.

A big mistake I made two years ago was underestimating how much demand there is for native translators & I decided not to even bother advertising. Last week I let slip to a colleague that I'm quitting teaching to do translation (i.e. I already had two contracts, and cut down classes to give them more time). This was interpreted as 'bobs is looking for translation work', word got round, and by Tuesday I had an inbox full of shoddy technical articles to translate that I didn't ask for!  ???

On the subject, I noticed a different thread about interpreters - I knew an American guy who was interpreting for an introductions agency two years ago ($20 - $30 per evening, plus free meal in posh restaurant, plus tips) - is there a prejudice against male interpreters? Do they try to steal the girls?  :D Do men prefer male translators or does everyone want a girl? Does it help much if you can say that you're *not* single, and in a stable relationship? Does it intimidate the girl to be out with two guys?

Sorry, lots of questions :) It's something I'd like to try advertising here next summer.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 04:32:05 AM by bobs12 »

Offline antiscam_advise

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 10:17:03 AM »
That's correct: photo and video orders come in 100s per week for us and many clients now ordering custom gifts : many people are tired from good old dozen roses (11 roses in Russia)...
The word-of-the-mouth is what drives it in addition to testimonials:
http://www.russianflora.com/testimonials.shtml
and survey results:
http://www.russianflora.com/survey_summary.html

Btw, for all readers of this forum there is a 10% coupon off any item on our website:
SPECIAL2006

Regards,

Damien,
http://www.RussianFlora.com
admin@russianflora.com
Damien,

Offline mersidavid

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 10:35:54 PM »
Send flowers to UK online via Flowersnext.com’s wide network of local florists in UK. Same day online flowers delivery is also available with fresh and beautiful flowers guaranteed....http://www.flowersnext.com/florist/uk/index.asp

Offline mersidavid

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 06:31:21 AM »
Send flowers to UK online network of local florists in UK. Same day online flowers delivery is also available with fresh and beautiful flowers guaranteed

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1862
Total: 1873

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM