It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Renew Ukraine Passport  (Read 4417 times)

Offline kencolamarino

Renew Ukraine Passport
« on: July 06, 2006, 04:24:52 PM »
Below is an email I sent the Ukraine Embassy regarding renewing my wife's Ukraine passport.  Has anyone done this at Chicago or one of the other consulates?  Given the lack of the PMZh stamp, I don't think she can get it renewed in the US.  Any experiences out there?

Ken

Dear Sir or Madam:

My good wife is a Ukraine citizen who has lived in the US for five years.  Her passport is about to expire, and she called you to determine what she needs to do to get it renewed.  I should add that she entered the US on an H1B (non immigrant) visa, we got married and she now has a permanent resident card.

She told me that one of your staff informed her that she needs a Ukraine stamp in her passport that she does not have, and that she must return to Ukraine to get this stamp and renew her passport.  I believe the stamp in question is the PMZh stamp which I think is issued by OVIR.

I was told that the Embassy can provide the paperwork to be filled out and then issue this stamp.

I was also told that to obtain this stamp in Ukraine can take up to three months, and we visit only during the Christmas Holidays for two weeks if at all.  Therefore, she cannot obtain this stamp in Ukraine.  Also, how would she travel on a soon to expire passport?

Will you renew my wifes passport?  Will you issue this stamp, or provide the papers for us to fill out in order for you to do so?  What is required to do this in the US beyond the requirements listed on your website?

You may reply in English, Russian, or Ukrainian.

Regards,

Ken Colamarino

Offline Mark

Re: Renew Ukraine Passport
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 02:14:33 PM »
Have you received a reply from them yet? I am in the same boat and with a son that just turned 18 that need a new passport.
Thanks,
Mark

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1948
Total: 1957

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM