Forum > Introductions and Ice-Breaker

Responses to Introductory Posts

(1/14) > >>

Admin:
The Introduction forum of RWD was intended to be a forum which would allow new members to post information about themselves and their motivations and reasons for participating at RWD. It was also intended as a forum in which new members could tell us how we might be able to *HELP* them.

It was NEVER intended as a forum for criticism and name-calling.

I am, therefore, seriously considering converting the Introductions forum to one in which replies are NOT allowed.

Before I do that, I will open THIS topic for discussion of the proposed change.

- Dan

catzenmouse:
I'll guess that this is in reference to Chris1016's intro (but have also seen it happen in other threads.

Perhaps an alternate solution would be to just delete the posts that go off on a tangent with a reminder to the offending poster(s) and only lock the thread if it becomes a continuous barb fest. We've seen many into threads that have evolved quite a bit with great information in them.

By limiting this section to read only it would probably just generate one or more other threads in another area for those who wish to comment on the original poster (like what happened with the TR Sans Responses) which would not change the end result.

I do feel that an intro should be just that with the allowance that the responses are kept in the same light. Perhaps with some encouragement by the members to ask any questions mentioned in the intro in another section thus prompting the new member to be more active.

FWIW,
 Ken

William3rd:
Intro threads to be monitored or moderated? Might help. But sometimes NOTHING will help a high-strung, thin-skinned poster.

You make the call, Dan. . . . .

jb:
This generally happens when the cheer leader section attacks the messenger rather than the message.

SANDRO43:
I agree with Ken's views. I wonder if some members here would extend the same type of "courtesy" to new visitors to THEIR homes ::). BTW, about time to lock up Re: Hi I'm new here and any information or help is welcome!, IMHO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version