It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anyone else here thinking of/dreaming of living in the FSU?  (Read 34549 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Anyone else here thinking of/dreaming of living in the FSU?
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2019, 02:02:33 PM »
Trench thinks the lure of his passport will be enough for those poor, abused Ukrainian women to overlook his skintness and escape their awful life with those awful Ukrainian men.

With all those Russian tanks massing on the border I bet Ukrainian girls are lining up with their bums stuck up in the air for the opportunity to have out :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2019, 02:04:40 PM »
Trench very true about the single parent girls.  They get offered the position of mistress by fsu guys rarely anything more.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2019, 02:07:53 PM »
Oh trench always too much.  One of my advantages in my f s u dating I get to look cool by saying little and make the girls do the running.  Basically because it takes me a while to figure out what's going on.

Offline John Gaunt

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2019, 02:08:58 PM »
The rich man card is one that can be played,
Hilarious. Trench is planning to take in lodgers to make ends meet.

there's other cards to play also.
More hilarity forthcoming.
Then there's getting with a girl where there is chemistry,
A fantasy for Trench
does she chose that or go off with a rich guy who she doesn't like?
Whatever she does, it won’t be with you....
I've done the walking credit card scene once before and it gets tiresome. So like those terms but it's not really for me unless there is no other way.
Trench must be still paying off those cc bills.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2019, 02:10:53 PM »
Surprisingly every one seems very calm and going about daily life here.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2019, 02:11:45 PM »

We are all looking to 'trade up' in FSU. You and I can date hippo rhino wildebeast. Trench can't.

Put it this way if I was a girl in the UK but the same person wit the same faults would I have a guy? I think the answer is a definate yes along with a much better dating scene. However as a guy I don't, many other guys don't either and you don't need a lot of issues as a guy to lose out. It's the environment that makes the difference.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2019, 02:14:07 PM »
Hang on trench are you about to start cross dressing.  New year's resolution ?

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2019, 02:16:09 PM »
With all those Russian tanks massing on the border I bet Ukrainian girls are lining up with their bums stuck up in the air for the opportunity to have out :D
I guess you need something to w a n k about

Offline lyndontom

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2019, 02:17:11 PM »
Put it this way if I was a girl in the UK but the same person wit the same faults would I have a guy? I think the answer is a definate yes along with a much better dating scene. However as a guy I don't, many other guys don't either and you don't need a lot of issues as a guy to lose out. It's the environment that makes the difference.

Rubbish. We all find our level. If you can't get ANY girl in the UK, you have more deep-lying issues than your £500 a month.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2019, 02:26:28 PM »
You may survive on 500 pounds a month (~650USD) but you will not thrive.

When I spent a month in Minsk about 15 years ago, I stayed in an unrenovated 1 room apartment in the center. The normal rate was 20usd/day, but I got it for 15usd (450usd/month). At the time it wasn't advertised anywhere for rent (i.e., not normally available to foreigners), I think the owner just wanted some cash so moved out for a month. It had a wall full of books.

When I lived in the FSU over a decade ago I was paying around 600usd/month, again a 1 room apartment. It was by complete chance I found the place and would not have found it without local assistance. Prices in that city seemed to have not moved much due to a property collapse and currency devaluation.

It is possible to get something for less than these prices today in most FSU cities but you need language skills, no if no buts. Be aware that agent commission fees can often be one month rent. In my experience the rental market is extremely fluid and agreements can literally be written on a napkin. So be prepared to have to move at short notice.

You really need a minimum 1,000 pounds/month but more comfortably at least 2,000 pounds a month unless you own the apartment you live in. If you purchase, you would want to budget for around 100 pounds/month for ongoings (heating, utilities, garbage collection, etc.).

This is all just talking about surviving in the FSU. Dating is not necessarily inexpensive. Restaurants are likely to be 50-100% what you pay in western countries; small gifts like flowers cost money; going to the ballet/theater/concerts cost money; and you should offer taxi money. So a "classical" date may cost 50 pounds or more.

You have to remember your demographic and those you want to date. They will compare you with local guys. By comparison you will look poor and old, and without fluent communication. I have no idea how you dress or what your physical appearance looks like, but it costs money to look good (eat well, work out, dress well, grooming, etc.).

No money no honey!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2019, 02:27:46 PM »

Rubbish. We all find our level. If you can't get ANY girl in the UK, you have more deep-lying issues than your £500 a month.

I don't want ANY girl. I could never date a fat girl. Even if I did it would be pointless, no way I could ever get hard over a fat girl.

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2019, 02:31:40 PM »
I don't want ANY girl. I could never date a fat girl. Even if I did it would be pointless, no way I could ever get hard over a fat girl.

I don't get off on bashing you Trench, but I agree with some who feel that you give newbies here poor advice and the wrong impression of what to expect.

It won't do your skills any harm to go on a few dates. Beggers can't be choosers unless you want to be empty-handed forever.

Offline GenMish

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2019, 02:41:33 PM »
This whole thread is a satire on a site dedicated to women willing to leave their homes, culture and family for a first world life, there is a 1st world man willing to live a 3rd world lifestyle in a culture he barely understands merely to meet girls. You cant make this up

anyways, enough of my rhetoric

SteveinBoston is correct, don't look at the statistics for income. Throughout the FSU, extra income is earned in most professions that isn't part of the stats, call it bribes, fees, favours whatever. 

Like Krimster said, we all could figure out how to live a 3rd world lifestyle with a 3rd world equivalent income, BUT WHY??? Trench(if you aren't a troll) you are most valuable to a nice FSU lady in the UK. Prepare a home for her, earn extra income, understand all the benefits of a UK citizenship for her

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2019, 02:44:25 PM »

I don't get off on bashing you Trench, but I agree with some who feel that you give newbies here poor advice and the wrong impression of what to expect.

It won't do your skills any harm to go on a few dates. Beggers can't be choosers unless you want to be empty-handed forever.

I would rather be empty handed, I would never except a fatties, that whole scene is just a turnoff for me. I'm a man who makes effort, I often find a lot of fat girls are lazy and that jars with my mindset, that's even before you get to the state they are in which they think you should find 'acceptable' :o

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2019, 02:50:14 PM »
Genmish ok trench throws in some funnies but why not a thread on living with women in the fsu some of us are more adventurous than wanting to live in our own rather boring countries.  A challenge like this can make a man rebourn.  How did a pioneer country like the USA raise so many risk adverse men. ?

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2019, 02:56:16 PM »
I judge a country by the number of MacDonald restaurants it has.  The more it has the more backward and third world the culture.  Maybe not the technology but definetly the culture.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2019, 02:57:08 PM »
There is a reality TV show in Ukraine called Blind Marriage.  Two single strangers are set up by marriage councilors/psychologists, see each other at the alter after saying "I do" (the bride wears a blinded veil) and live together for a week.

They are given an apartment/house.  Each chips a certain amount into an envelop, prior to the wedding, and they have to use that for the week's groceries/dining out/entertainment.  Most have been about 4000 UAH, although I saw one episode where the woman put in 500 UAH (the guy put in a bank card - I didn't understand how much was in the account).  The next day's grocery shopping is the one of the more interesting scenes, mostly because I can't follow their conversations.

So, 16,000 UAH per month for expenses other than rent.  These couples go to the normal grocery stores rather than the markets, and are not making an effort to pinch pennies. 

Realistic budget for anyone who is reading this other than Trench and are interesting in trying to live in Ukraine and find someone for a serious relationship - $1500 per month.  Either as disposable or remote earnings income.

FSU relationships are not for those who are bargain hunting.  It's for those who, for whatever reason, are not getting along long term with the women they date at home and would like to explore the possibility of meeting someone over there (well, here in my case atm).

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2019, 03:08:55 PM »

You have to remember your demographic and those you want to date. They will compare you with local guys. By comparison you will look poor and old, and without fluent communication. I have no idea how you dress or what your physical appearance looks like, but it costs money to look good (eat well, work out, dress well, grooming, etc.).

No money no honey!

According to the official stats though the Average Ukrainian wage is somewhere around £300 per month. Some may earn some money on the side but it's not likely to be a lot. There's only so much time in a week. They may not pay a lot in rent but a lot will have these costs and living costs. Compared to them I WILL be more wealthier. Moreso living and working in my home country granted. Remember the above us the average wage and many won't get that. Add to that many post 25 age girls will be the ones left in the shelf so many will be willing to consider any reasonable prospect.

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2019, 03:14:11 PM »
Genmish ok trench throws in some funnies but why not a thread on living with women in the fsu some of us are more adventurous than wanting to live in our own rather boring countries.  A challenge like this can make a man rebourn.  How did a pioneer country like the USA raise so many risk adverse men. ?

I hear you James
I didn't say it wouldn't be adventurous or fun for Trench, I just think the best strategy for him and his future wife is for him to stay in the UK and prepare a prosperous household. As for me, no way, I could not move. I have been there too often, and I don't like it even staying in nice places. 

but to be honest, part of me wants him to move to Minsk because he will share his daily ups and downs. It would be priceless, worthy of a reality TV program
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 03:15:54 PM by GenMish »

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2019, 03:22:27 PM »
According to the official stats though the Average Ukrainian wage is somewhere around £300 per month. Some may earn some money on the side but it's not likely to be a lot. There's only so much time in a week. They may not pay a lot in rent but a lot will have these costs and living costs. Compared to them I WILL be more wealthier. Moreso living and working in my home country granted. Remember the above us the average wage and many won't get that. Add to that many post 25 age girls will be the ones left in the shelf so many will be willing to consider any reasonable prospect.

Yes.  All your suppositions are correct.  Real experiences of those of us spending some time here are incorrect.  I have to leave the apartment at odd hours and with a scarf to cover my features to avoid the scores of 26+ beauties lined up outside.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2019, 03:35:39 PM »
Yes.  All your suppositions are correct.  Real experiences of those of us spending some time here are incorrect.  I have to leave the apartment at odd hours and with a scarf to cover my features to avoid the scores of 26+ beauties lined up outside.

Ok you may not hit it right on the nail with looks or an athletic frame, but you have your wad and you can win by being one of the guys in line for the till with credit card in hand. What about winning on other fronts though, those with looks, athletic frame, great chemistry or at least offset with some/part of those?

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2019, 03:45:12 PM »

I'm not risk averse and I'd recommend anyone to push the boundaries of their comfort zone - but I wouldn't encourage someone who didn't speak the local language, has no career or trade behind them and can only bring in £500 p/m to live on to move to another country to score with endless amounts of hot women. That's just stupid.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2019, 04:01:57 PM »
I judge a country by the number of MacDonald restaurants it has.  The more it has the more backward and third world the culture.  Maybe not the technology but definetly the culture.

Jamesukjames most of the larger towns and cities in the UK have at least a few McDonald's plus a full slate of US fast food restaurants plus a full slate of UK fast food restaurants.

So what you're saying is the UK is really a 3rd world country and culture.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2019, 04:13:07 PM »

I've spent more than half my life living abroad and while living in Moscow met Americans, Brits and others working in Russia who had previously never left their local area let alone their country.

Some of them, men and women, were so homesick, so lonely they literally wept. They had left on a grand adventure only to discover they didn't know how to cope with living in a country where they didn't have any friends or family, didn't speak the language or understand the culture or know how to talk to locals who didn't speak English. I would hate to think how they would have done in places like India, China, Japan or other countries that are even more exotic than Russia.   

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »
I've spent more than half my life living abroad and while living in Moscow met Americans, Brits and others working in Russia who had previously never left their local area let alone their country.

Some of them, men and women, were so homesick, so lonely they literally wept. They had left on a grand adventure only to discover they didn't know how to cope with living in a country where they didn't have any friends or family, didn't speak the language or understand the culture or know how to talk to locals who didn't speak English. I would hate to think how they would have done in places like India, China, Japan or other countries that are even more exotic than Russia.   

Well I hope you directed them to the online dating sites where they could get a few hotties in to perk them up :P

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1870
Total: 1881

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM