It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1086686 times)

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5000 on: July 03, 2016, 07:12:49 AM »
Yeah, those pesky patients dying will really wreck havoc with the stats.  :wallbash: It makes the Dr's and the health industry look bad.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5001 on: July 04, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »
Not surprising that the video focus more on propaganda than on cold hard realities. Of course, Russia Insider pretends to be an independent news source, and even accepts private donations, but in reality they are a slick propaganda organization. Ownership of the group however is clear--a division of RBTH, and directly funded and controlled by the RT (Kremlin owned) group.

The Moscow Times (now owned and controlled by Russians due to the new media ownership law of January 2016) takes a realistic view, acknowledging that the bridge will be built, but not without engineering and economic challenges. http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/why-kerch-may-prove-a-bridge-too-far-for-russia/572692.html

The Duma has pledged $4 Billion (USD) in funding, but as of last month contractors were more than a month behind in payments from Moscow. The Kremlin says that the funding delays are only temporary and that the contractors will eventually be paid.

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5002 on: July 05, 2016, 01:38:44 AM »
Hi Mendy

the article was discussed on this very thread .... my take being that these bridges WILL get built - even if they are late - as they are Putin's legacy ...
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline deccie

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5003 on: July 05, 2016, 02:34:56 AM »

The Duma has pledged $4 Billion (USD) in funding, but as of last month contractors were more than a month behind in payments from Moscow. The Kremlin says that the funding delays are only temporary and that the contractors will eventually be paid.

Reminds me of a Russian saying told to me by my wife...  "Everything costs money, except work, which is free...".

Offline ML

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5004 on: July 05, 2016, 06:47:36 AM »

Russian Health Ministry Bans Patients from Dying to 'Not Ruin Stats'

One humorous doctor I visited here in USA said:
"Be careful driving out of parking lot.  If you get killed there, it goes against my statistics."
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5005 on: July 06, 2016, 12:32:28 AM »
Not all Russians are mentally challenged!

Not even most of'em....

A fresh poll by the Levada Center shows that 38% believe that the polls will be rigged in the 2016 Duma elections in some form. 44% believe that it will be fair and impartial. While the smart 19% ones (possibly fearing reprisals ) refused to answer.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/third-of-russians-expect-rigged-2016-duma-elections/574066.html

Mikey, if you chose to ask folks who go there -  a lot - or even live there - they'd tell you that they KNOW their leadership is corrupt - but they prefer a 'strong leader' ...

I know that the regime has made it nearly impossible to start a new political party - fearing people power...but there is not anywhere near a majority wants change...

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5006 on: July 06, 2016, 10:16:48 PM »
Despite Moldy's attempts to paint it otherwise--the statistics show what the situation is-

Rich Russians Take a Hit

Russian upper-middle and upper-class households have lost almost half of their income in the past year. Losses to families with an annual income ranging from 15 million to 100 million rubles ($250,000 to $1,500,000) vary from 25% to 75%, Vedomosti writes, citing an independent study titled Russian Wealth Report 2016.

Russians with passive income—rentiers—were hit the hardest. Most of their assets are either bank deposits or property located in Russia, and these provide income in rubles. These people, however, prefer to live abroad and spend foreign currencies. Their incomes have shrunk by 75%. According to the report, every fifth wealthy Russian is a rentier.

http://www.the-american-interest.com/2016/07/06/rich-russians-take-a-hit/
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5007 on: July 07, 2016, 06:13:20 AM »
Despite Moldy's attempts to paint it otherwise--the statistics show what the situation is-

Rich Russians Take a Hit

'Moldy' doesn't remember trying to paint another picture ...other than the true picture - which you SO often do - you having been there so recently - NOT ..  :D

Russian upper-middle and upper-class households have lost almost half of their income in the past year. Losses to families with an annual income ranging from 15 million to 100 million rubles ($250,000 to $1,500,000) vary from 25% to 75%, Vedomosti writes, citing an independent study titled Russian Wealth Report 2016.

Russians with passive income—rentiers—were hit the hardest. Most of their assets are either bank deposits or property located in Russia, and these provide income in rubles. These people, however, prefer to live abroad and spend foreign currencies. Their incomes have shrunk by 75%. According to the report,every fifth wealthy Russian is a rentier.

http://www.the-american-interest.com/2016/07/06/rich-russians-take-a-hit/

I don't remember saying that the 'crisis' wasn't effecting people in Russia.. just that the degree was exaggerated

Naturally, if you live outside Russia and derive income FROM Russia - In Roubles - one is going to have taken a hit commensurate with a 50 percent devaluation...

So JayH

What are you  suggesting about Russians who choose to live in the west ?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:15:55 AM by msmobyone »

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5008 on: July 07, 2016, 09:29:39 PM »
It probably means that the rich smart ones are flying the coop looking for freedom that isn't in Russia.

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5009 on: July 08, 2016, 06:00:40 AM »
Russia puts lid on Christians sharing faith'Will require any sharing … even a casual conversation, to have prior authorization from state'“The new law will require any sharing of the Christian faith – even a casual conversation – to have prior authorization from the state,”
http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/russia-puts-lid-on-christians-sharing-faith/
This is not a positive development.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5010 on: July 08, 2016, 07:38:13 PM »
 :cluebat:  They're regressing back to the dark old days of the soviet totalitarianism. The state is the omnipotent power and all it's serfs shall bow before it.  :cluebat:

They've got their 'strong leader' alright.   :crackwhip:

Now wonder that so many could afford it have already left.  :rolleyes:

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5011 on: July 09, 2016, 09:30:31 PM »
It probably means that the rich smart ones are flying the coop looking for freedom that isn't in Russia.

As JayH copied and pasted said article - it would be great to hear his opinion... Yours was typical and unthinking... There's been many successful Russian emigres to the west... Not sure of any point to be scored ......

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5012 on: July 10, 2016, 09:02:45 AM »
Recently a link was shown about Russian's lack of faith in their fair elections. Now the Kremlin has blocked websites protesting this and calling for election boycotts. There's the "strong leadership" in all it's glory! Are they beginning to worry about the people's actual desires about the leadership?

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russias-internet-watchdog-blocks-sites-calling-for-election-boycott/574627.html

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5013 on: July 10, 2016, 09:08:16 AM »
More on the bad news about the Kerch Bridge fiasco, 'Putin's Legacy'.
Opening has been set back to at least Dec. 2019 for the rail part and the road isn't determined..

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/bridge-linking-crimea-to-russia-pushed-back-another-year/574523.html

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5014 on: July 10, 2016, 08:33:31 PM »
The IAAF banned all Russian's from the Rio Summer Olympics except for one. ( Winners never cheat and cheaters never win)   :cluebat: :crackwhip: :crackwhip:

http://uatoday.tv/sport/russia-doping-692234.html

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5015 on: July 11, 2016, 11:11:10 AM »
Now that one athlete, Darya Klishina a long distance jumper is being declared a traitor to Russia by many because she is going as an independent. US based and drug free, Darya is the only one of 67 applicants that has been granted the independent status for the games. The rest of Russia athletes won't be able to compete. Many prior medals have been taken back after drug testing on samples from earlier games were re-tested.

Russians Jeer 'Traitor' Cleared To Compete At Rio Olympics

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-olympics-klishina-criticism-traitor/27852464.html

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5016 on: July 11, 2016, 03:57:17 PM »
Now that one athlete, Darya Klishina a long distance jumper is being declared a traitor to Russia by many because she is going as an independent. US based and drug free, Darya is the only one of 67 applicants that has been granted the independent status for the games. The rest of Russia athletes won't be able to compete. Many prior medals have been taken back after drug testing on samples from earlier games were re-tested.

Russians Jeer 'Traitor' Cleared To Compete At Rio Olympics

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-olympics-klishina-criticism-traitor/27852464.html

I rather think it's 'good news' for Athletes declared 'clean'... the proper headline might have been ''SOME Russians Jeer 'Traitor' Cleared To Compete At Rio Olympics '' as it implies some internet trolls reflect public opinion, in general 

I note you failed to quote this from the article ...

Russian lawmaker Svetlana Zhurova tried to rein in the critics. "There's no reason to pounce on the sportswoman. We are ourselves putting pressure on the girl, and when she wins a medal we'll be sorry," she told LifeNews. "It's not a fact that Klishina is the only one who will be going to the Olympics."

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5017 on: July 11, 2016, 05:13:18 PM »
The results of the Warsaw NATO summit show overwhelming support for Ukraine. Bad Vlad must be getting nervous. His grandiose imperial aspirations are hitting resistance from a unified NATO.

Ukraine gains strong NATO support at the summit in Warsaw

http://24today.net/open/681908

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5018 on: July 11, 2016, 06:16:18 PM »
More on the bad news about the Kerch Bridge fiasco, 'Putin's Legacy'.
Opening has been set back to at least Dec. 2019 for the rail part and the road isn't determined..

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/bridge-linking-crimea-to-russia-pushed-back-another-year/574523.html

Whilst I -personally - find it amusing that Putin and his Judo buddy - who was awarded the contract to build the bridges - seem to be in disagreement - the fact is that Putin's legacy will get built....

I noticed that the US govt is allowing one US company to resume operations in Crimea..

Thanks for posting the article that included the link...

Does this count as bad or good news for AKMike,I wonder....

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/first-american-company-to-return-to-crimea-since-russia-sanctions/574325.html

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5019 on: July 11, 2016, 08:14:22 PM »
The IAAF banned all Russian's from the Rio Summer Olympics except for one. ( Winners never cheat and cheaters never win)   :cluebat: :crackwhip: :crackwhip:

http://uatoday.tv/sport/russia-doping-692234.html

Sure be interested in where you're getting your news from.  I read the same article and the only athletes that I see banned are the members of the Russian track and field team.  Currently there are over 300 Russian athletes scheduled to compete.  While further sanctions may be forthcoming, your post is somewhat in need of correction.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5020 on: July 11, 2016, 10:02:43 PM »
I guess that you didn't notice the title of the article jone..

Wouldn't it be more proper to ask that question to UATODAY and not me?  :rolleyes:

If you read this article ( as claimed) point out anywhere in it that shows anything about 300 more Russian's scheduled top compete. Better yet,, I'll save you some time..   IT DOESN"T SAY IT!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:34:22 PM by AkMike »

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5021 on: July 11, 2016, 10:08:06 PM »
Here are ton's more links to the banning of Russian dopers from the Rio Summer Olympics.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_enUS644US645&q=iaaf+banning+russia

Offline msmobyone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5022 on: July 12, 2016, 02:01:47 AM »

Wouldn't it be more proper to ask that question to UATODAY and not me?  :rolleyes:

If you read this article ( as claimed) point out anywhere in it that shows anything about 300 more Russian's scheduled top compete. Better yet,, I'll save you some time..   IT DOESN"T SAY IT!

Mikey,

IF you are posting the articles - you are  suggesting tacit agreement...

The Russian [domestic -based ] athletes [ track and field] are banned...not the sailors,  divers, swimmers, cyclists, etc..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

So, 300 plus representatives  ?

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5023 on: July 13, 2016, 11:43:32 AM »

Mike,

You post many articles and give a summary of the article in a single line.  Of course the article was misleading.  Your inclusion of it on the forum without the disclaimer of it being misleading should draw some comment from the peanut gallery. 

Why should I contact the people of some ultra nationalist Ukraine blog for accuracy when you are the one who is posting it as truth, here on the forum?

I would rather you give your opinion on things rather than post news that is purposely misleading.   You are not William Randolph Hearst.    ;)

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5024 on: July 14, 2016, 06:24:46 AM »
Russia makes a statue to one of their most terrible leaders..

Ivan the Terrible

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russia-to-build-statue-of-ivan-the-terrible/575076.html

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541463
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3257
Most Online Ever: 12701