It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: A Hit on Russia's Opposition  (Read 53486 times)

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
A Hit on Russia's Opposition
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 04:29:51 PM »
Poroshenko has appeared on tv to say that Nemtsov had recently received documentation that shows Russia's involvement in the war in Ukraine,and was about to release the information to the World.

Meanwhile the increasingly desperate Putinists on here are still in self-denial about their hero...with Shadows post's particularly ludicrous and The Natural doing what i predicted and  posting a link from the nut-job Paul Craig Roberts as his conspiracy defense. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:40:03 PM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Darth_Budda

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 04:38:27 PM »
Yea Poroshenko  always tells the truth....
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 04:41:33 PM »
Just like "there are no Russian troops in Crimea " Putin eh ?

Before he later admitted he'd been lying..remember that ?

And while you're here ...WHO's BEEN BOMBING MARIUPOL ?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:44:03 PM by Chelseaboy »

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 04:44:28 PM »
The Chief of Staff of Ukraine’s Armed Forces, General Viktor Muzhenko, is saying, in that news-report, which is dated on Thursday January 29th, that the only Russian citizens who are fighting in the contested region, are residents in that region, or of Ukraine, and also some Russian citizens. General Muzhenko also says, emphatically, that the “Ukrainian army is not fighting with the regular units of the Russian army.”

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/01/ukrainian-government-russian-troops-fighting-us.html
Caleb Maupin

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 04:47:27 PM »
So,who's been bombing Mariupol ?

Can't possibly be your friend and his pals in the DPR eh ?

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 04:49:23 PM »
Hard to say,,,

The thing is Me and you can fight all we want,, but the people of East Ukraine will be the ones who make their own history...
Caleb Maupin

Offline calmissile

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 05:03:07 PM »
I suspect that anyone with the ability to finger Putin for giving the orders for the murder will be eliminated to reduce the chances it could surface to the public.  Also, I would imagine that an all out effort is being made to ensure that the documentation held by Klebnikov will never see the light of day.

Wonderful Russian politics!
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 05:07:56 PM »
Hard to say,,,

The thing is Me and you can fight all we want,, but the people of East Ukraine will be the ones who make their own history...

No, they won't.  A very small percentage will "make the history".
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2015, 05:09:08 PM »

No, they won't.  A very small percentage will "make the history".

Well that's normal...
Caleb Maupin

Offline Boethius

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2015, 05:10:56 PM »
So don't assume the terrorists speak for everyone in the region.  They don't.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2015, 05:11:39 PM »
The Chief of Staff of Ukraine’s Armed Forces, General Viktor Muzhenko, is saying, in that news-report, which is dated on Thursday January 29th, that the only Russian citizens who are fighting in the contested region, are residents in that region, or of Ukraine, and also some Russian citizens. General Muzhenko also says, emphatically, that the “Ukrainian army is not fighting with the regular units of the Russian army.”

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/01/ukrainian-government-russian-troops-fighting-us.html

That's not exactly what he said.

"На сегодняшний день мы имеем только факты участия отдельных военнослужащих Вооруженных сил РФ, граждан РФ в составе незаконных вооруженных формирований в боевых действиях. Боевых действий с подразделениями регулярной российской армии на сегодняшний день мы тоже не ведем. У нас достаточно сил и средств для того, чтобы нанести окончательное (поражение)..."

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »
Mendy,  thank you for the report.

Listen to Nemtsov speaking English in an informal 2014 interview with CNN.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2015, 08:00:01 PM »
the only Russian citizens who are fighting in the contested region, are residents in that region, or of Ukraine, and also some Russian citizens.

Right.....

Did you know that now you can visit a military library in Russia and if you have a valid military library card, you can check out a new tank or even a new Grad rocket system. Holy crap, what a flippin' country! Then, you can take that tank for a spin on holiday. Hell, grab the wife and kids, load em' into the tank, and head on down to friendly Eastern Ukraine for some smokin' hot fun.

Barf Vader, anyone stupid enough to believe stories that there are no formal, organized, professional troops in Ukraine is certainly stupid enough to believe what I just wrote in the paragraph above.

Notice that I used the term "stupid" several times. That was not an accident--I even spelled it correctly.

I posted in another section about how to tell the difference between fighters, including professionals from Russia. You are blind apparently.

I am really tired of idiots on the Internet who vomit garbage of which they really know very little.

Have you been to Eastern Ukraine, yourself?
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline calmissile

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2015, 08:52:45 PM »
I asked him how much cumulative time he has spent in Ukraine.  He did not answer.  Just another pro-Russian troll!
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Belvis

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 09:28:29 PM »
So don't assume the terrorists speak for everyone in the region.  They don't.

Local elections will show who represent the local population. And I'm pretty sure the word "terrorists" will be substituted in Kiev for "partners" soon. If Kiev wants to follow Minsk-2 agreement, of course.
Unless you considered majority of locals at Donbass as terrorists because they reject to be part of failed corrupted state of Ukraine under previous conditions. In that case you still have the option, war to the last Ukrainian.

Offline jone

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2015, 09:43:36 PM »
Local elections will show who represent the local population. And I'm pretty sure the word "terrorists" will be substituted in Kiev for "partners" soon. If Kiev wants to follow Minsk-2 agreement, of course.
Unless you considered majority of locals at Donbass as terrorists because they reject to be part of failed corrupted state of Ukraine under previous conditions. In that case you still have the option, war to the last Ukrainian.

Belvis,

We wonder, considering you have taken, again and again, the official FSB line (I wonder why?)  what your take is on the murder?

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Gator

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2015, 11:16:42 PM »

I am really tired of idiots on the Internet who vomit garbage of which they really know very little.

The years at RWD have proven you a saint Mendy, yet even your patience is wearing thin regarding this young knowitall.  I take comfort in your words because two days ago I felt complete  disgust about Darth, and was criticized for shooting the messenger.   

I really disliked his comments regarding Nemtsov so soon after his assassination, and being posted in your thread honoring the man.   

Offline onlyFSU4me

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2015, 11:33:53 PM »

I'd bet that if you let the 100's of thousands of people vote who have lost all they had and were forced to leave the area when the terrorists came and started rape, robbing and pillaging their homes the terrorists would even have a chance in the elections.
 But that isn't going to happen, is it? Just the handful of people who do support them (you know, the ones who will reap financial gains from their involvement with them) and the ones who have no where else to flee and are now too war weary and scared to vote against them are left to vote in any elections.
 I guess that is one way to win an election... force the people who will vote against you to leave! Hardly a fair representation of what the people of Lugansk and Donetsk regions really do want, is it?   :rolleyes:

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2015, 11:45:12 PM »
The years at RWD have proven you a saint Mendy, yet even your patience is wearing thin regarding this young knowitall.  I take comfort in your words because two days ago I felt complete  disgust about Darth, and was criticized for shooting the messenger.   

I really disliked his comments regarding Nemtsov so soon after his assassination, and being posted in your thread honoring the man.

Sort of like the disgust some people have for the mob'ers, eh?

I noticed a lot of name calling lately.  Some by people who were critical of that type of behavior when exhibited by others.  That just goes to show that the problem may not be the people you guys keep pointing your fingers at.   For shame...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:01:42 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

lordtiberius

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2015, 12:22:48 AM »

I noticed a lot of name calling lately.  Some by people who were critical of that type of behavior when exhibited by others.  That just goes to show that the problem may not be the people you guys keep pointing your fingers at.   For shame...

And this relates to the topic at hand how?  Or is this another Novorossiya/Alinsky/proto-Soviet rhetorical tactic to personalize, isolate and destroy a person simultaneously distracting from the murder of an unarmed man in the back?

lordtiberius

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2015, 12:21:32 AM »

And this relates to the topic at hand how?  Or is this another Novorossiya/Alinsky/proto-Soviet rhetorical tactic to personalize, isolate and destroy a person simultaneously distracting from the murder of an unarmed man in the back?

lordtiberius

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2015, 12:23:59 AM »

Hey kettle, and this relates to the topic at hand how?  Or is this another Novorossiya/Alinsky/proto-Soviet rhetorical tactic to personalize, isolate and destroy a person simultaneously distracting from the murder of an unarmed man in the back?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2015, 12:59:28 AM »
If Kiev wants to follow Minsk-2 agreement, of course.

If Kiev honored Minsk 2 in full, would you support Putin when he pursues more gains? I understand most Russians think there is a civil war in Ukraine but the rebels are fighting in two territories, Luhansk and Donestsk. The rest of the regions aren't experiencing civil war because the truth is most Ukrainians doesn't want their country split. People in the rest of east Ukraine aren't experiencing uprisings and marching to Kiev but a war will come to them.

I find it interesting that you hold Kiev to a high standard and expect them to honor an agreement yet your standards for Putin is much lower as Putin broke many agreements. Regardless if Minsk 2 is honored or not, you can expect Putin to continue to advance and sell you a lie but you will support him to the end. What do you get out of this? What does your fellow countrymen get out of this? Pride that Russia is returning to prominence? This pride will come at the expense of your neighbors.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2015, 02:05:20 AM »
The memorial march in memory of Boris Nemtsov will begin in just under 2 hours. For those who would like to watch it, the coverage should begin around 14:30 Moscow time. Here is a link: http://newcaster.tv/nemtsov.html

If you can't get that link to work, RT also plans to air it live.

For anyone in Moscow, take extra care. The march will begin at the China Town Metro, Katai-Gorod ("Китай-город), near Red Square. With the heavy Metro use, there is good news in that the repair work has reportedly been finished on previously closed stations on the Serpukhovsko-Timiryazevskaya line. Last night the city said that those stations will be open today.

It would be a really good idea for visitors to the city to not attempt to attend the rally. The city granted a last minute permit for up to 60,000 persons, and the police presence will be extraordinarily high.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:14:24 AM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Belvis

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2015, 03:52:55 AM »

If Kiev honored Minsk 2 in full, would you support Putin when he pursues more gains? I understand most Russians think there is a civil war in Ukraine but the rebels are fighting in two territories, Luhansk and Donestsk. The rest of the regions aren't experiencing civil war because the truth is most Ukrainians doesn't want their country split. People in the rest of east Ukraine aren't experiencing uprisings and marching to Kiev but a war will come to them.

I find it interesting that you hold Kiev to a high standard and expect them to honor an agreement yet your standards for Putin is much lower as Putin broke many agreements. Regardless if Minsk 2 is honored or not, you can expect Putin to continue to advance and sell you a lie but you will support him to the end. What do you get out of this? What does your fellow countrymen get out of this? Pride that Russia is returning to prominence? This pride will come at the expense of your neighbors.

You're  a captive of your own illusions. It's natural for a man to simplify the life, put on black and white hats and judge situation watching color of hats.
First, Putin is not the side of the conflict. When you accept this idea, you'll get ability to foresee nearest future beyond propaganda noise. Putin exploit the conflict to reach own objectives, and next question will be what kind of objectives. Destroying of Ukraine is not one of them.

You can easily explain everything in this world by crafty designs of Putin and be still in zone of comfort. However my quess is  you want to be insider, not a propaganda victim.  I hope you know that any agreement has at least two sides, dance is performed by two.  As Putin is a cult figure for you, you forget about other dancers.  It's the methodological error in your analysis.

Next. Why I'd like Kiev to honor the Minsk-2 agreement. Because rebels will get more than they expected when uprising began. This agreement by any unbiassed estimation is endorsement of rebels victory. Because of that I see no prospects for implementation of agreement in full capacity, though Putin for sure will demand compliance with the agreement from both sides.

About lie Putin sell us.  Do you really believe thousands of Russian volunteers are fighting at Donbass and hundreds are dying because they bought  the lie? Come out of your fantasy world where guys bear black and white hats.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541296
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 3353
Most Online Ever: 12701