It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Sexually Transmitted Diseases / Infections  (Read 32068 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Sexually Transmitted Diseases / Infections
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2017, 01:23:08 AM »
Introverts who have difficulties approaching girls are a lot less likely to get STD's.

??!!

On what 'evidence' do you base this statement ?   Did you ever stop to think that an introvert might find themselves in a 'hot situation' and not believe their luck ? :)

But speaking of STD's, how does a guy really bring it up without making himself out to be selfish and uncaring?  Hey baby, I like you so much I want to give you an incurable disease, just so I can have fun doing it?
If a guy had any feelings for a girl, the absolute last thing he would want is for that girl to get an STD.  You would really have to hate someone to knowingly be willing to infect them with an STD.  How could any decent human being place their own sexual gratification over the health and well-being of someone they supposedly loved?  They can't.  A decent person who loved someone else would never do that.  They would go through life being celibate as their punishment for getting an STD, rather than to infect someone they cared about.  If you do pursue relationships, it shows that they care about themselves far more than they are willing to care about anyone else.
IMO, if a guy has an STD, he should only pursue relationships with girls who already have STD's.

As someone with an STD you'll 'forgive' me for pointing out what a crock of sh1te that was..

1/ By telling someone of your issue - at the earliest stage - you are giving them an 'out' - before a serious bond develops..  It's EXACTLY the opposite of 'selfish'.  Fun - is having sex within a loving, trusting, relationship - to most of us, I'd wager.

2/ HSV - especially in the case of an older woman - not intending to have more kids - is not a 'life-threatening' infection.

3/ Luckily, I'm not HIV positive  - which of course can be life threatening - so some perspective seems necessary for your pronouncement.

Offline msmob

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2017, 01:47:49 AM »

Yep and I believe that is why many of the guys continue to go back to the FSU water trough.   To be fair, I think men, in general, tend to quickly remarry instead of taking the time to fix their issues.

Speaking personally, I waited 5 years and it's 5 years so far this time - in between marriages ...   Please define your 'quickly' ?...

I went back to drink from the well - feeling I could offer someone positives ( along with an obvious negative ) - seeking the same in return....    I loved my 2nd wife and 'mourned' her loss .. I was no state to jump back on the saddle until I stopped grieving.

Offline Bee Farmer

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2017, 05:21:42 AM »
As someone with an STD you'll 'forgive' me for pointing out what a crock of sh1te that was..

1/ By telling someone of your issue - at the earliest stage - you are giving them an 'out' - before a serious bond develops..  It's EXACTLY the opposite of 'selfish'.  Fun - is having sex within a loving, trusting, relationship - to most of us, I'd wager.

2/ HSV - especially in the case of an older woman - not intending to have more kids - is not a 'life-threatening' infection.

3/ Luckily, I'm not HIV positive  - which of course can be life threatening - so some perspective seems necessary for your pronouncement.

It is irrelevant if the disease is life-threatening or not.  The fact remains that it is detrimental to their health and well-being.

Some guys will tell a girl that she is going to get a beating if she does ______.  They warn the girl ahead of time.  So are you suggesting that it is ok to beat a woman if you warn them ahead of time, since giving a girl a black eye isn't life threatening?

Plain and simple - someone with an STD is a danger to the health and well-being of any sexual partner.  You are going to injure them.

Someone who cares about a partner is not going to hurt their health and well-being.  No ifs, ands, or buts.   They simply don't care that they are infecting someone else if they know they have an STD and have a relationship with someone who is disease free.

Offline msmob

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2017, 07:40:57 AM »
It is irrelevant if the disease is life-threatening or not.  The fact remains that it is detrimental to their health and well-being.

Well, does my partner look 'ill' ? ...  It might pay for you to READ up on my affliction, rather than demonstrating ignorance

Some guys will tell a girl that she is going to get a beating if she does ______.  They warn the girl ahead of time.  So are you suggesting that it is ok to beat a woman if you warn them ahead of time, since giving a girl a black eye isn't life threatening?

That's an analogy ? 

Plain and simple - someone with an STD is a [ moby edit to correct ] ( POTENTIAL ) danger to the health and well-being of any sexual partner.

I fixed your mistake. Informing a potential partner - and letting them investigate any risk is the correct thing to do - as well as respecting their decision.

You are going to injure them.

Neither I, nor my partner, are 'injured' or have suffered in nearly three years together.

Someone who cares about a partner is not going to hurt their health and well-being.  No ifs, ands, or buts.   They simply don't care that they are infecting someone else if they know they have an STD and have a relationship with someone who is disease free.

I love my partner ..One of the important basis for a relationship is trust ...

Offline jone

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2017, 10:07:15 AM »

Plain and simple - someone with an STD is a danger to the health and well-being of any sexual partner.  You are going to injure them.

Bee Farmer,

You have no right to opine on things like this - not because you have no rights on the forum, but because you haven't got a clue.   

For instance, did you know that most people are only contagious when they are symptomatic?  Did you know that Herpes, while not curable, can be treated - when you have an outbreak, you take pills, just like you take antibiotics when you have an infection.  Did you know that for many people, the original outbreak is the only symptom ever displayed?  Did you know that millions of people in the world have this disease and don't even know it?

If you're going to comment on the forum, at least be informed.  Or you come across like the back woods, virgin hunting, religious nut, hick that you are.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2017, 12:18:20 PM »
  Or you come across like the back woods, virgin hunting, religious nut, hick that you are.

Can a man actually go virgin hunting in the back woods?
Is a license required, and is there a daily limit?
Sunday hunting allowed?
What tree species would provide the best opportunities?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2017, 07:47:17 AM »
Bee Farmer,

You have no right to opine on things like this - not because you have no rights on the forum, but because you haven't got a clue.   

For instance, did you know that most people are only contagious when they are symptomatic?  Did you know that Herpes, while not curable, can be treated - when you have an outbreak, you take pills, just like you take antibiotics when you have an infection.  Did you know that for many people, the original outbreak is the only symptom ever displayed?  Did you know that millions of people in the world have this disease and don't even know it?

Actually what Bee farmer said DOES make sense, and you just don't like to hear it.  Im not saying I agree with everything he said, but he makes a pretty good case.   

If you're going to comment on the forum, at least be informed.  Or you come across like the back woods, virgin hunting, religious nut, hick that you are.
...and you come across as an angry, intolerant, sex starved, know it all, dum dum.   :D

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline jone

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2017, 08:33:16 AM »

Actually what Bee farmer said DOES make sense, and you just don't like to hear it.  Im not saying I agree with everything he said, but he makes a pretty good case.   

...and you come across as an angry, intolerant, sex starved, know it all, dum dum.   :D

Fathertime!

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline fathertime

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2017, 09:30:46 AM »

Oh you poor baby getting 'trolled' by me!   :D

here is your recent statement, you sad little angr hypocrite, trollboy!   :D

Bee Farmer,

Fathertime! 

Offline msmob

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2017, 11:59:53 AM »

Actually what Bee farmer said DOES make sense,

Have you been drinking / smoking something that alters you brain receptors ?

At least share with us where you think anything BF posted made sense?

Otherwise,  I'll asume you thought it was a slow day on the internet and thought a spot of baiting was in order.....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2017, 08:20:31 PM »
Have you been drinking / smoking something that alters you brain receptors ?

At least share with us where you think anything BF posted made sense?

Otherwise,  I'll asume you thought it was a slow day on the internet and thought a spot of baiting was in order.....
The part that I think was relevant was the fact that a contagious STD is something that has a strong likelihood of being harmful to a regular disease free sexual partner.  His opinion is a bit stronger than mine, but he didn't deserve being mocked for having that viewpoint.    Extrapolating a bit, If the disease carrying partner takes potential consequences to the disease free partner into consideration, he/she might choose to not engage with a partner who is not also carrying the same disease.    All personal choices between 2 consenting (and hopefully informed) adults.

Fathertime!   

Offline msmob

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2017, 09:42:51 PM »
The part that I think was relevant was the fact that a contagious STD is something that has a strong likelihood of being harmful to a regular disease free sexual partner.  His opinion is a bit stronger than mine, but he didn't deserve being mocked for having that viewpoint. 

He most certainly did  - his viewpoint was made from ignorance..

Extrapolating a bit, If the disease carrying partner takes potential consequences to the disease free partner into consideration, he/she might choose to not engage with a partner who is not also carrying the same disease.    All personal choices between 2 consenting (and hopefully informed) adults.

Ah, so you ARE as ignorant ... !

What do you think I was doing when informing a potentially consenting adult ? ... In case it isn't obvious ... CLUEBAT: giving a personal choice - and before 'strong' feelings might influence a decision ..

Offline fathertime

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2017, 06:20:38 AM »
He most certainly did  - his viewpoint was made from ignorance..

Ah, so you ARE as ignorant ... !

What do you think I was doing when informing a potentially consenting adult ? ... In case it isn't obvious ... CLUEBAT: giving a personal choice - and before 'strong' feelings might influence a decision ..

Personally, It appears to me that YOU did the right thing in your personal life in terms of informing, although you weren't given the same courtesy.   In addition you did a pretty fine job of bringing up the topic here, so I don't want you to feel like I was personally attacking you or your situation.   That said, what Bee Farmer said was his own viewpoint and as a GENERAL opinion, I'd say it was relevant, even if it was a bit harsher than mine. 

Fathertime! 

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2017, 07:29:10 AM »
Informing a potential future partner is not enough.

Msmoby appears to be ignoring what is known as an unconscionable bargain.

UNCONSCIONABLE BARGAIN, contracts. A contract which no man in his senses, not under delusion, would make, on the one hand, and which no fair and honest man would accept, on the other.

I do not believe that anyone in their right mind, who had an STD, would want to infect anyone they supposedly loved.
I do not believe that any fair and honest, disease-free person, would consent to a sexual relationship with someone infected with an STD.

It simply defies belief.  Just like no one in their right mind would consent to being abused, or consent to 500% interest loans.  Fair and honest people simply don't agree to such things.

In unconscionability, some things you look at are if the person is poor, naive, or elderly.  Inequality of bargaining power, and exploitation of weakness are common in unconscionable bargains.

Is it a possibility that a guy with an STD chooses to go looking for women from the FSU because women in his home country won't have anything to do with him, so he preys upon poor, naive, emotionally vulnerable women, taking advantage of the economic disparity?

Offline jone

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2017, 08:29:30 AM »
Yeah, why don't we burn a huge letter into their stomachs, just above their genital areas. 

An H for Herpes.  That way, Bee Farmer, you'd know never to have sexual congress with such a woman or man.  Of course, you think that if a woman has had sex before being with you that they are not worth your time.

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2017, 09:31:22 AM »
Jon,
  You can repeat your lies until you are blue in the face, but it won't make them truth.  (And why do you have such jealousy of me, that I would want to find a higher quality relationship than you pursue, and that I have a better chance of obtaining?  A normal person would be glad to see other people pursuing the best possible relationship.  Only a person with a severe inferiority complex would want others to lower their standards.)

I do not think that a woman is not worth my time if she has ever had sex.  (And how can you even claim to know what I think?)

I do believe that virginity is an ideal for a successful relationship.
I would not refuse to consider a widow for a relationship.
I would not date a girl who is or has been promiscuous.
Given the choice (and I have the choice) I would rather pursue relationships with girls that are much closer to being virgins, than to pursue girls who are closer to being sluts.  The easy, sleazy girls are not my idea of quality girls.

I do not approve of tattooing people against their will.  The knowledge of their STD infection is already burned into their mind.  That is enough for infected people of good character to avoid infecting anyone else.  (The problem arises when people of lesser character are infected.)  Instead of tattooing people, we should concentrate on persuading people to be of good character.

Offline jone

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2017, 09:53:35 AM »
Jon,
  You can repeat your lies until you are blue in the face, but it won't make them truth.  (And why do you have such jealousy of me, that I would want to find a higher quality relationship than you pursue, and that I have a better chance of obtaining?  A normal person would be glad to see other people pursuing the best possible relationship.  Only a person with a severe inferiority complex would want others to lower their standards.)

I do not think that a woman is not worth my time if she has ever had sex.  (And how can you even claim to know what I think?)

I do believe that virginity is an ideal for a successful relationship.
I would not refuse to consider a widow for a relationship.
I would not date a girl who is or has been promiscuous.
Given the choice (and I have the choice) I would rather pursue relationships with girls that are much closer to being virgins, than to pursue girls who are closer to being sluts.  The easy, sleazy girls are not my idea of quality girls.

I do not approve of tattooing people against their will.  The knowledge of their STD infection is already burned into their mind.  That is enough for infected people of good character to avoid infecting anyone else.  (The problem arises when people of lesser character are infected.)  Instead of tattooing people, we should concentrate on persuading people to be of good character.

Bee Farmer,

I don't have jealousy of you.  I think you have placed yourself so far out of the mainstream of life that the likelihood of you succeeding is remote.  (But to your avocation, I did have honey on my oatmeal this morning.)

Obviously the inclusion of the Scarlet A remark was to show you how far off the mark you are with your description of those who carry an STD.  Above I told you that millions are asymptomatic.  What happens if you hook up with one of them, say a widow (that you now say you might be willing to marry)?  And she gives you some form of venereal disease that she was unaware of?  You gonna haul her butt down to the sheriff's office?  Throw her in the pooky?

Life happens.  Those who don't engage, stand by the sidelines and watch it go by.  STDs are a part of life.  People become infected.  Their lives go on.   I do believe that if a person is infected, it is important to let potential partners know that they are infected.  But, beyond that, I know of some couples where one or the other is infected and the other is not.  They practice responsible sex. 

STDs have been around since the beginning of recorded history.   You can take active measures to protect yourself.  But, if you have a relationship with one woman, you are taking a risk, if she has ever had sex with another man.   I think in your stilted universe, you can't get by thoughts like this.

Offline msmob

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2017, 08:25:55 PM »
Informing a potential future partner is not enough.

Msmoby appears to be ignoring what is known as an unconscionable bargain.

UNCONSCIONABLE BARGAIN, contracts. A contract which no man in his senses, not under delusion, would make, on the one hand, and which no fair and honest man would accept, on the other.

I do not believe that anyone in their right mind, who had an STD, would want to infect anyone they supposedly loved.
I do not believe that any fair and honest, disease-free person, would consent to a sexual relationship with someone infected with an STD.

It simply defies belief. 

BeeFarmer,

What defies belief is your willingness to procrastinate.

I'm not worried about being judged by pious trolls, but I take exception to your judging my partners honesty.

You are deranged - like the wack job(s) who posted this as an 'explanation' for my condition :)

http://www.openbible.info/topics/herpes

''The Lord will strike you with wasting disease and with fever, inflammation and fiery heat, and with drought and with blight and with mildew. They shall pursue you until you perish''

Just like no one in their right mind would consent to being abused, or consent to 500% interest loans.  Fair and honest people simply don't agree to such things.

So now you  mock people in desperate financial straits - digging themselves in deeper?  There was me thinking Jesus took pops at the lenders charging onerous rates of interest ? ....

Is it a possibility that a guy with an STD chooses to go looking for women from the FSU because women in his home country won't have anything to do with him, so he preys upon poor, naive, emotionally vulnerable women, taking advantage of the economic disparity?

1/ S.C owns her own place / car - in THE most sought after leisure oriented city in Russia..I was hardly 'rescuing' her :)   The place is recently constructed - not some Stalin era pad.

2/ I chose her over a British woman earning 300K USD/ year, plus 2/3rds final salary pension .. 

If 'greed' was my motive ..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2017, 12:27:54 AM »
Moby, just kind of wondering, would it be at all awkward for a woman in the Ukraine or Russia to get a Herpes test? I mean if we have to make up some BS about a partner having it are they likely to have to do the same?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2017, 12:55:08 AM »
Moby, just kind of wondering, would it be at all awkward for a woman in the Ukraine or Russia to get a Herpes test? I mean if we have to make up some BS about a partner having it are they likely to have to do the same?

If you can pay, it's not awkward, TC. One simply asks for a test to know each other's  status''

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:43:49 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2017, 01:26:11 AM »
If you can pay, it's not awkward, TC. One simply asks for a know each other's  status''

Ah, good to hear, I was worried that it may be awkward for her so this will make asking her easier, many thanks.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2017, 01:49:03 AM »
I was thinking about BeeFarmer's stance

I'm willing to bet that BF is the type that will not follow my advice and could - despite his purist ideals - end up with HSV Symplex I/II

He's clearly going to go through life never kissing anyone on the lips or allowing himself to be intimate in any fashion .... 

At least that way, he'll be safe :)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2017, 07:53:02 AM »
Bee Farmer,

I don't have jealousy of you.  I think you have placed yourself so far out of the mainstream of life that the likelihood of you succeeding is remote.  (But to your avocation, I did have honey on my oatmeal this morning.)

Obviously the inclusion of the Scarlet A remark was to show you how far off the mark you are with your description of those who carry an STD.  Above I told you that millions are asymptomatic.  What happens if you hook up with one of them, say a widow (that you now say you might be willing to marry)?  And she gives you some form of venereal disease that she was unaware of?  You gonna haul her butt down to the sheriff's office?  Throw her in the pooky?

Life happens.  Those who don't engage, stand by the sidelines and watch it go by.  STDs are a part of life.  People become infected.  Their lives go on.   I do believe that if a person is infected, it is important to let potential partners know that they are infected.  But, beyond that, I know of some couples where one or the other is infected and the other is not.  They practice responsible sex. 

STDs have been around since the beginning of recorded history.   You can take active measures to protect yourself.  But, if you have a relationship with one woman, you are taking a risk, if she has ever had sex with another man.   I think in your stilted universe, you can't get by thoughts like this.

Finally a decent response.

Fathertime!

Offline JeffreyAgisk

• Spouse's Country: Latvia
Sexually Transmitted Diseases / Infec
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2017, 12:03:01 AM »
STD is now STI according to the people from the Library Foundation. it stands for Sexually Transmitted Infections. different daw ang infections sa diseases. anyway, according to our speaker from the positive lives, you can get STIs through bjs, rimming, etc. di lang sa genitals nagkakaron ng STIs. pati sa mouth and other parts of your body pwede ka magkaron.
Íåîáû÷íûé ïîäàðîê - ìàòåðèàëû ðàçäåëà   ïîäàðîê êîëëåãå ìóæ÷èíå ...

Offline SANDRO43

Re: Sexually Transmitted Diseases / Infec
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2017, 08:02:43 AM »
STD is now STI according to the people from the Library Foundation. it stands for Sexually Transmitted Infections. different daw ang infections sa diseases. anyway, according to our speaker from the positive lives, you can get STIs through bjs, rimming, etc. di lang sa genitals nagkakaron ng STIs. pati sa mouth and other parts of your body pwede ka magkaron.
Tagalog is not understood here, use English
:rules:
Milan's "Duomo"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1983
Total: 1993

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM