It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russian news  (Read 149533 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Russian news
« Reply #375 on: April 23, 2016, 06:42:13 AM »
Russian artillery deployed for Aleppo offensive as Syria talks falter

read all about it here
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/21/russian-artillery-deployed-aleppo-offensive-syria-talks
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Russian news
« Reply #376 on: April 23, 2016, 06:51:24 AM »
John Kerry, the dumbest Secretary of State in US history fails to understand how
things work outside his imaginary world.

Russian Military Buildup Near Aleppo, Syria, Threatens Truce
Kerry warns
By PETER S. GOODMAN

read all about it here
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/23/world/middleeast/russian-military-buildup-near-aleppo-threatens-truce-kerry-warns.html?_r=0

...but what would you have Kerry say or do?  The efforts we made to employ regime change in Syria have failed...it wasn't our place to be there to begin with.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Russian news
« Reply #377 on: April 23, 2016, 10:41:37 AM »

...but what would you have Kerry say or do?  The efforts we made to employ regime change in Syria have failed...it wasn't our place to be there to begin with.

Fathertime!

I would have him say,
"I am sorry to all the people of the Middle East, our polices and actions in the
region clearly show that the president, the former secretary of state and myself
have no idea what we are doing and that we should never be put in a position of
power again."

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
Russian news
« Reply #378 on: April 23, 2016, 09:07:17 PM »

Sure,we must step back when unelected dictators shoot up peaceful protests, dither and allow the dictator to be supported ....
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline fathertime

Russian news
« Reply #379 on: April 23, 2016, 09:37:23 PM »
I would have him say,
"I am sorry to all the people of the Middle East, our polices and actions in the
region clearly show that the president, the former secretary of state and myself
have no idea what we are doing and that we should never be put in a position of
power again."
I'm afraid kerry won't be saying all that!
It isn't just the people you mentioned though...Out of the potential presidential candidates, Trump may be the least likely to intervene going forward...but that is only a guess.

Sure,we must step back when unelected dictators shoot up peaceful protests, dither and allow the dictator to be supported ....

Sounds like you buy the distortions....I don't believe for a moment our attempts of regime change has anything to do with peaceful protesters being shot...

Fathertime! 

Offline msmobyone

Russian news
« Reply #380 on: April 23, 2016, 10:31:28 PM »

Sounds like you buy the distortions....I don't believe for a moment our attempts of regime change has anything to do with peaceful protesters being shot...

1/ have you BEEN to Syria / Turkey / Israel,etc., ? I have and you'll excuse the guffaw this end ..

2/ without doubt - a regime change was wanted - but there was nothing done to stop the pro ASSad forces dropping barrel bombs, etc., - like no - fly zones..Nothing physical - other than training a few folks and supplying a arms - nothing like to the degree ASSad has had from the Kremlin - who support him.

3/ Do you know Christian Syrians who have family that have fled the violence - they were supporters of ASSad's and his 'secularism' ..no longer

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline fathertime

Russian news
« Reply #381 on: April 24, 2016, 05:35:12 AM »

1/ have you BEEN to Syria / Turkey / Israel,etc., ? I have and you'll excuse the guffaw this end ..

2/ without doubt - a regime change was wanted - but there was nothing done to stop the pro ASSad forces dropping barrel bombs, etc., - like no - fly zones..Nothing physical - other than training a few folks and supplying a arms - nothing like to the degree ASSad has had from the Kremlin - who support him.

3/ Do you know Christian Syrians who have family that have fled the violence - they were supporters of ASSad's and his 'secularism' ..no longer

Once again, I don't believe that the USA supports regime change in Syria because some protesters were killed.  We have selfish geopolitical reasons for supporting regime change.  Despite all the support and even airstrikes, we have failed.  Assad has a lot of support among the people, if he didn't he would have fallen a couple years ago.

Fathertime!   

Offline msmobyone

Russian news
« Reply #382 on: April 24, 2016, 07:22:31 AM »
Now you proved you don't understand Syria.
If you did ..you'd 'get' how many cities he'd lost control of...with bizarrely differing factions doing deals fo defeat his regime.

Then came his 'help'..

Really FT... you are behaving like a babe in the woods, here.

Offline fathertime

Russian news
« Reply #383 on: April 24, 2016, 07:35:20 AM »
If you did ..you'd 'get' how many cities he'd lost control of...with bizarrely differing factions doing deals fo defeat his regime.

Then came his 'help'..

Instead of anything substantive to say, you resort to 'babe in the woods' techniques to make a non-point.   From my viewpoint and many others, the US has been attempting to interfere, and create regime change in Syria for it's own benefit.  Thus far, you haven't made any points to sway opinion.   Here are links from reputable sources, that dispute what little you have said. 

Most Syrians back President Assad, but you'd never know from western media

Suppose a respectable opinion poll found that most Syrians are in favour of Bashar al-Assad remaining as president, would that not be major news? Especially as the finding would go against the dominant narrative about the Syrian crisis, and the media considers the unexpected more newsworthy than the obvious.....

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jan/17/syrians-support-assad-western-propaganda

Why Syrians Support Bashar al Assad

The sudden reversion of Washington to a ‘war on terror’ pretext for intervention in Syria has confused western audiences. For three years they watched ‘humanitarian intervention’ stories, which poured contempt on the Syrian President’s assertion that he was fighting foreign backed terrorists. Now the US claims to be leading the fight against those same terrorists....
http://www.globalresearch.ca/why-syrians-support-bashar-al-assad/5405208

Fathertime!

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
Russian news
« Reply #384 on: May 04, 2016, 04:10:23 AM »
Looks like the midget is getting worried about the motives of his pals the Chinese...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/05/04/russia-offers-free-land-to-all-citizens-willing-to-move-to-the-far-east/

"In recent years, Moscow has grown alarmed at the prospect of a Sinification of its Far East, with the entrance of Chinese businesses into the region and the emergence of Chinese communities compensating for the labor shortfalls. There's an inexorable demographic argument: Birthrates on the Russian side of the border are in decline; on the Chinese side, they are on the rise."

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
Russian news
« Reply #385 on: May 04, 2016, 06:58:40 AM »

In 1993 I took a 7.62x39 bullet to the side and the U.S. Army Ranger next to me died in Mogadishu Somalia when because of images of starving, dying and dead Somali children were shown 24/7 on American TV.

Dictators and brutality are a fact of life, when Stalin slaughtered 30 plus million of his own people should America have gone to war to stop him? When Mao tse Tung slaughtered and estimated 70 to 90 million of his own people should America have gone to war to stop him? When the Khmer Rough in Cambodia led by Pol Pot slaughtered over 2 million people should America have gone to war to stop him?

America (or any other country or groups of countries) are not the worlds police force. I have lost too many good young American men in vain attempts to stop someone else's problems.

Are you willing to sacrifice yourself and or your children? To send them off to make war, to kill and possibly die or come back disabled and or psychologically traumatized for the rest of their lives.

Think about that before you suggest getting involved in someone else's problems.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Russian news
« Reply #386 on: May 04, 2016, 07:11:42 AM »
OK Michael,
I am beginning to take offense to your self-aggrandizing stories when you make false claims of military service.
I have a 5 page FAX here with your residential and employment history.  Don't believe me, your sister-in-law's name is Marlene,and you know who lives with her, right? I don't think they have many military bases in the places you lived in the last 30 years! The next  time you put a "story" here about your military service, I will scan and OCR these 5 pages, and put them on a server outside of the jurisdiction of the USA along with the reason I put them there, AND THEY WILL REMAIN THERE UNTIL THE END OF TIME.  Don't believe, just go ahead and do another story and wait and see....

Offline TigerPaws

Russian news
« Reply #387 on: May 04, 2016, 07:19:54 AM »

Then came his 'help'..

Syria is far more complicated than the casual observer is led to believe. It is about natural gas pipelines, religion, ethnic divisions, outside agitators, strategic positioning, a major Russian Naval base as fomenting general instability throughout the region.   

The U.S. is and has been neck deep in the region for many years. Assad is no saint, then again no leader of any country in the world is either. The three major powers America, China and Russia all have their interests in the region, all for different reasons, Syria is but one more pawn in the global chessboard.   

Offline TigerPaws

Russian news
« Reply #388 on: May 04, 2016, 07:22:30 AM »
OK Michael,
I am beginning to take offense to your self-aggrandizing stories when you make false claims of military service.
I have a 5 page FAX here with your residential and employment history.  Don't believe me, your sister-in-law's name is Marlene,and you know who lives with her, right? I don't think they have many military bases in the places you lived in the last 30 years! The next  time you put a "story" here about your military service, I will scan and OCR these 5 pages, and put them on a server outside of the jurisdiction of the USA along with the reason I put them there, AND THEY WILL REMAIN THERE UNTIL THE END OF TIME.  Don't believe, just go ahead and do another story and wait and see....

Right my sister-in-Law lives in Russia and her mane is Sasha, so as usual you are full of it. I have posted images of her because she would like to find a nice American gentleman. So as I said you are full of it.

Crawl back under your bridge troll.

Online krimster2

Russian news
« Reply #389 on: May 04, 2016, 07:29:55 AM »
her name is marlene couch and you and Viktoria live with her in melbourne

Offline TigerPaws

Russian news
« Reply #390 on: May 04, 2016, 08:00:26 AM »
her name is marlene couch and you and Viktoria live with her in melbourne

LoL! Keep believing that....

Online krimster2

Russian news
« Reply #391 on: May 04, 2016, 08:09:07 AM »
since it's the truth, I will....

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
Russian news
« Reply #392 on: May 06, 2016, 10:57:06 PM »
Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has ordered local governments to quickly complete Moscow's 4th International airport. Over past years the Ramenskoye Airport has been used for cargo and by the Ministry of Emergency Situations. In 2013 the Moscow regional government announced plans to reopen the facility to the public and to improve it to accept international flights.

The airport has the second longest runway (public) in the world as during the cold war it was used for secret testing. The town, a southeastern Moscow suburb, was formerly called Ramenskoye, but was renamed Zhukovsky in hoour for aviation pioneer Nikolai Zhukovsky.There were delays due to the financial crisis but limited commercial flights began in March of this year and by June more traffic will be added. The Ramenskoye airport (Аэропорт Раменское) will cater to low-cost airlines from Europe, Azia, and the near abroad. For readers interesting in booking flights, the IATA code for the airport is ZIA.

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline TigerPaws

Russian news
« Reply #393 on: May 08, 2016, 06:26:55 AM »

How many times have you put your life at risk fighting against unelected dictators who kill their own people? How many of your children are in harms way? Are you willing to risk your children fighting on some far off shore when there is not threat to you, your country or its people?

America is not the worlds police force, did America try to stop Stalin from slaughtering 30 plus million Russian people? How about the 70 to 90 million people Mao slaughtered and the list goes on and on and on.

Petty dictators are a fact of life and history, how many American lives must be cut short because of foreign entanglements which are none of our business?

Why were we in Somalia, Lebanon? What did we accomplish? Look at the mess the Middle East is in largely because  America destabilizes what it can not control.

What value was the loss of over 53,000 young American men in Vietnam?

Offline TigerPaws

Russian news
« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2016, 08:59:07 AM »
Slightly off topic but related because Russia is taking a hard line in regards to internal threats by the Islamic crazies.

Paul Weston CPAC Live Stream March 3 2016

Please listen to the entire 18 minutes

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
Russian news
« Reply #395 on: May 09, 2016, 02:05:11 AM »
Loose Cannons in Russian Army

Compliments of the Mendeleyev Journal:

The Russian city of Novosibirsk has been a major staging area for sending Russian army regulars to fight in Eastern Ukraine. Stripped of insignia and anything that would identify the Russian military, men and equipment regularly make the trek from this city to Ukraine.

On 8 May however the Russians discovered a loose cannon in their ranks-literally. While rounding a corner to take the highway out of the city, one cannon broke loose and provided for a little excitement on the streets of Novosibirsk.

Authorities say that the unmarked equipment was en route to a Victory Day parade.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:08:14 AM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline TigerPaws

Russian news
« Reply #396 on: May 09, 2016, 08:45:40 AM »
Why the Tor-M2U air defense system is a class aparthttp://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/05/08/407910/S-500 Long-range air defense and anti-ballistic missile systemhttp://www.military-today.com/missiles/s500.htm
Coming this summer. Fact long range air defense systems make any airspace a kill zone, combat aircraft become targets of opportunity and in a layered defense the chance is survival is close to ZERO.   

Offline cc3

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Russian news
« Reply #397 on: May 09, 2016, 09:17:51 AM »
Hey T.P., how's the weather in St. Petersburg today?

Offline Muzh

Russian news
« Reply #398 on: May 09, 2016, 09:31:55 AM »
Is there any relation to his post or is it a way of saying "You goddamn Russki-loving motherfucker" in a friendly way?  ;)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline cc3

Russian news
« Reply #399 on: May 09, 2016, 10:03:25 AM »
Is there any relation to his post or is it a way of saying "You goddamn Russki-loving motherfucker" in a friendly way?  ;)

Do your own research. Check the nature of the links that he has posted.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701