It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russian military is not Prepared for any real War  (Read 17459 times)

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Russian military is not Prepared for any real War
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2006, 08:34:06 PM »
Maybe it's time for another board around here, one which favors America and isn't afraid to admit to patriotism. 

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2006, 08:36:30 PM »
Quote from: jb
Maybe it's time for another board around here, one which favors America and isn't afraid to admit to patriotism.

jb, I am not afraid to admit to patriotism. Neither do I want the board used for political purposes that include bashing others.

I don't ask for much.

- Dan

Offline Lysander

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2006, 12:22:59 AM »
Oosik, Thanx for the response.

If you'll read my original post I said maybe 0.01% of Muslims may be  terrorists. I define Terrorist as someone who actually commits, or  conspires to commit, violence against civillians in the hope of  achieving some political end. I doubt many Muslims are doing this.

But I also don't doubt your statistics. Most Muslims view the U.S. and  it allies as a threat and feel justified in resisting them through  violence and terror. It isn't nice that they feel that way. But  sympathising with violence isn't the same as commiting violence. And  besides, you're not going to beat them into liking you.

As for America's prewar "diplomacy," bad faith doesn't even begin to  describe it.  You will recall America, in November of 2002,   got a U.N.S.C. resolution demanding Iraq provide a catalogue of all  their W.M.D activities; The Iraqis provided it. They demanded they  admitt inspectors; and they did. They demanded scientists and there  families be allowed to leave the country to be debriefed; The Iraqis  relented, though no country was ready to grant asylum to so many. They  demanded that the destroy their short range missiles; they did so. And  yet they were invaded anyway. I'm curious Oosik. If the U.S. was  engaging in good faith diplomacy, then their would have to be a  reasonable demand with which Iraq could have complied to avoid war.  What was it?

And that's just what was in the public domain at the time. Since then,  we've had the revelation of the Downing Street Memos, (which the Blair  government concedes is authentic) wherein the chief of MI5 claims t  believe that Bush was intent on war as of July 2002, had decided WMD  would be the pretext, even though the intel was shoddy, and that he  hoped to make demands on the Saddam government which they would refuse.  Or that he would provoke a response from Iraq to a stepped up bombing  campaign.

Sorry, but that's shameful.
"Like all men he had his vices. But they hated him most for his virtues."

Offline Lysander

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2006, 12:33:10 AM »
jb,
The difference is that all the Former WWII enemies were defeated, their  govrnments changed, and ultimately accepted U.S. leadership. Vietnam  has the same government we fought against and ultimately lost. The U.S.  accepted that and moved on. The world didn't come to an end, though  many at the time (1975) seemed to think it would.

As for religion, theology is of no interest to me. You can believe  whatever you want about Christianity, Islam or Bhuddism. As far as I'm  concerned, you can also say whatever you want. But you can't DO  whatever you want. Invading Iraq was wrong, pure and simple. That they  were mostly Muslims and Arabs doesn't make it right.
"Like all men he had his vices. But they hated him most for his virtues."

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2006, 01:27:40 AM »
Lysander ~ You have a problem. You live in a militaristic society, one that has a constant need to be at war. It was not always so, but for the past half century or more it has been so. There are too many people in the US who can only see power, intervention, indeed 'right' and 'wrong' through the lens of force projection and only ever from one perspective.

I always take comfort from those who claim some kind of superiority through experience, especially when they challenge those they perceive as lacking the particular facet of experience they mention or value. There are few things as misleading as 'experience' and few things as enlightning as perspective. Soemtimes the two can go hand in hand, but those who proclim pissing on the electric fence as the only valid form of learning are seldom those who are able to stand far enough back to read the warning sign!

Offline Bruno

« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2006, 01:43:55 AM »
Quote from: jb
God Bless America

Is it not similar to the "God with us" from the German during the second world war...

I am really surprised that people who call themself religious wish kill other people, destroy them... you have muslim extremist but you are the example of Christian extremist...

First, if you take the time to read the religious text, you will see that "God", "Alla', ad several other name... are only different name for the same good... Muslim, Christian, Juif, Orthodox, Anglican... all these religion believe in the same God...

The "infidele" is these who don't believe, all these religion have the same base : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Similarities_between_the_Bible_and_the_Qur%27an

On both side, use more time for study the text and the world will be more peaceful... when Christian will understand that Muslim are religious brother, and when Muslim will understand that Christian are religious brother... all will be better... on both side, we have extremist who dirty the name of God for manipulate people and lead to fight, to dead...

JB, you are not a christian but some kind of fanatic who use religion for justify his act... you are like these extremist muslim... until people like this exist, no peace will be possible because hate and xenophobie will always exist.

Only a correct religious education can resolve these problem... only so people will understand that "God" is the god of  the Judeo-Christian-Islamic religion.

When a christian man have say in 1993 in USA : "I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good... Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called on by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism"... it is not very different that the Muslim extremist.

Now that we speak of religious extremisme with the Muslim who have burn a Danish embassy... what about USA christion who bomb gay club, who treat with dead doctor and personel from abortion clinic... a example, Eric Robert Rudolph ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Rudolph )... a christian terrorist...

Religion promote peace... it is a insult to God that use his name for promote war.

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2006, 01:58:50 AM »
:clapping:

Offline Oosik

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2006, 09:56:48 AM »
Quote from: andrewfin
Lysander ~ You have a problem. You live in a militaristic society, one that has a constant need to be at war...

Lysander, you still have your facts wrong. Saddam never provided the required info, and they never gave the inspectors unfettered access. As a matter of fact, the French members of the inspection team were giving Saddam heads-up on where the team would be next. The team wondered why the satellite images always seemed to show truck activity at the places they were scheduled to be at in the next few days, they finally did a sting and busted the French members logging into the team leaders laptop.

Saddam did not comply with the cease fire. Period. Muslims hated us before Iraq, period.

When faced with a religion where almost 50% of people in muslim countries support terrorism against us, it shows intellectual bankrupcy to drag out Rudy Randolph as a counter-argument. For every Rudy Randolph, there are 1,000,000 muslims who have done or would condone the same or worse.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 11:41:00 AM by Dan »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541321
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843