It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: So, was bored  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Ade

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
So, was bored
« on: April 28, 2019, 06:32:52 AM »
And for some irrational reason wondered what the old farts in the old RU forum were up to and even if the board existed any more.
Surprisingly, although it probably shouldn’t be, the same old farts are posting the same old waffle so hi. :D
I’m still married going on 11 years, our daughter is 6, and I’ve moved houses and companies several times since I was here last.

I guess I’ve missed more drama than anybody could recall - probably as much around US politics than RU subjects.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
Re: So, was bored
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 06:53:57 AM »
Ade,

Nice of you to drop in with your pleasant news ( for sure!)and and comments on the board members and topics ( not quite so sure!)

Don't be a stranger so long, next time)

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 10:13:32 AM »
Congratulations on your marriage and daughter.  Six years old is a delightful age.  Going to school, making friends, exploring boundaries, becoming their own person. 

When you say "same old farts are posting the same old waffle" I assume you are talking about political issues, not issues related to new men meeting women, because there are few of the latter. 

Offline CaptB

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 07:29:19 PM »
Ade,

Nice to hear from you again. I started this journey back in 1997 with the RWG (Russian women guide). My wife and I have been married 16 years. My biggest complaint with this (RWD) site is the lack of moderation.........and focus. On the old RWG Spencer (site owner) would never put up with all of the irrelevant BS that goes on here. There is virtually no moderation.....with certain members who have personal ongoing beefs with other members. The amount archives devoted issues other than "pursuit of FSUW" is probably at 80 or 90 percent. The only reason I come back here....occasionally....is with the small hope that a member could use my help. At the old RWG there were only 350 - 400 members......with close to 25% actually making at least one visit to the FSU. Here on the RWD my impression is that it is closer to 5%......maybe. This would be a more focussed (pursuing FSUW) and useful forum.......if it was actually moderated.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 02:35:41 AM »
Ade,

Nice to hear from you again. I started this journey back in 1997 with the RWG (Russian women guide). My wife and I have been married 16 years. My biggest complaint with this (RWD) site is the lack of moderation.........and focus. On the old RWG Spencer (site owner) would never put up with all of the irrelevant BS that goes on here. There is virtually no moderation.....with certain members who have personal ongoing beefs with other members. The amount archives devoted issues other than "pursuit of FSUW" is probably at 80 or 90 percent. The only reason I come back here....occasionally....is with the small hope that a member could use my help. At the old RWG there were only 350 - 400 members......with close to 25% actually making at least one visit to the FSU. Here on the RWD my impression is that it is closer to 5%......maybe. This would be a more focussed (pursuing FSUW) and useful forum.......if it was actually moderated.

Capt B

Oh Capt. look at it this way. Our Boe is nurse Ratchet and we can place ourselves in whatever character we closest resemble.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 06:37:38 AM »

making this board more "user friendly" for elderly white men probably ain't too high on the TODO list for this week...
so I'm afraid what you see, is what you get

pearls can be cast before swine
and diamonds found in the mud

Offline CaptB

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 05:58:15 PM »
Krim,

Since there are more than a few "elderly white men" on the forum.......it only makes good (business) sense to cater to such a group.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 06:25:03 PM »
.. the old RU forum were up to and even if the board existed any more.
Isn't the RU forum the other guys? We are the RWD forum. But anyway greetings again.

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1996
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1985
Total: 1995

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM