It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Good news from Ukraine?  (Read 7572 times)

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Good news from Ukraine?
« on: September 16, 2014, 04:21:53 AM »
According to Dutch news sources the Ukrainian parliament and president have agreed to give the Donbass area a special status within Ukraine for the coming 3 years, as well as amnesty to all fighters.

If this is true, it may end the conflict.

The one thing is that if this had been proposed 6 months ago, it would have prevented everything...
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline sleepycat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Good news from Ukraine?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:57:01 AM »

The one thing is that if this had been proposed 6 months ago, it would have prevented everything...
Wouldn't have prevented Putler from stealing Crimea.  :cluebat:

Offline Shadow

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 05:44:11 AM »
Wouldn't have prevented Putler from stealing Crimea.  :cluebat:
If the EU had not tried to steal Ukraine it would... :P

Offline Gator

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 05:55:58 AM »

I thought the pro-ruskie RWDers claimed America was trying to steal UA, starting with clever covert operations last winter to overthrow the sitting President.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 06:54:32 AM »

I thought the pro-ruskie RWDers claimed America was trying to steal UA, starting with clever covert operations last winter to overthrow the sitting President.
I am European, perhaps I can allow my own leaders to be just as sneaky  ;D

Offline Isthmus

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 07:03:37 AM »
This conflict won't end, each side is merely taking a breather for their own reasons. I have a feeling that Round 2 will be far more high intensity than Round 1.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:10:36 AM by Isthmus »

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 07:13:28 AM »
According to Dutch news sources the Ukrainian parliament and president have agreed to give the Donbass area a special status within Ukraine for the coming 3 years, as well as amnesty to all fighters.

Good news for who?

The terrorist have totally rejected the offer. They want to become Russian slaves vassals.

Let me ask you, what would you do if Zeeland, Noord Brabant, and Limburg were infiltrated by Belgian VSSE operatives and create a secession movement to a point that these three provinces pick up Belgian arms and start shooting at their own people? Would you so callously say "Let them go?"
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Shadow

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 07:44:43 AM »

Good news for who?

The terrorist have totally rejected the offer. They want to become Russian slaves vassals.

Let me ask you, what would you do if Zeeland, Noord Brabant, and Limburg were infiltrated by Belgian VSSE operatives and create a secession movement to a point that these three provinces pick up Belgian arms and start shooting at their own people? Would you so callously say "Let them go?"
The question is rather, what would you do if Dutch was announced no longer to be official language of Belgium, and protests were met with oppression by the police leading to the Dutch assisting the Flemish quest for independence.
Would you say the Dutch had no reason to help out the Flemish?
Would you find it reasonable for the Flemish to trust their government after they were under fire for months?

As mentioned, the current proposal is what the region initially asked for, before being shot at by their own (from Ukrainian view) government. Besides that, so far any possible solutian was met with an offensive on the next day, which is why there is a lot of reason to doubt the sincerity of the proposal.

My hope is that they will accept it, and Ukraine will return to peace as a result. Anything better as the civil war.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 07:50:56 AM »
The question is rather, what would you do if Dutch was announced no longer to be official language of Belgium, and protests were met with oppression by the police leading to the Dutch assisting the Flemish quest for independence.
Would you say the Dutch had no reason to help out the Flemish?
Would you find it reasonable for the Flemish to trust their government after they were under fire for months?

As mentioned, the current proposal is what the region initially asked for, before being shot at by their own (from Ukrainian view) government. Besides that, so far any possible solutian was met with an offensive on the next day, which is why there is a lot of reason to doubt the sincerity of the proposal.

My hope is that they will accept it, and Ukraine will return to peace as a result. Anything better as the civil war.

You still insist this was about the Russian language, don't you?

I thought you have higher capabilities than that.

Really disappointed.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 07:51:34 AM »

I'd say you have been watching too much RT or listening to your better half. At no time was the Russian language in danger of being banned. Its guaranteed by the Constitution of Ukraine but then most Putinist don't care to be believe that. They would rather believe only what their saviour Vlad says.... :rolleyes:
Civil war? what civil war? You mean the the Russian invasion and terrorism going on in Ukraine? You are people (Putinists) are truly pathetic.......
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Shadow

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 08:11:18 AM »

You still insist this was about the Russian language, don't you?

I thought you have higher capabilities than that.

Really disappointed.
No I do not insist it was about the Russian language. But you still insist that Russia instigated the whole thing, which is completely false.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 08:12:41 AM »

I'd say you have been watching too much RT or listening to your better half. At no time was the Russian language in danger of being banned. Its guaranteed by the Constitution of Ukraine but then most Putinist don't care to be believe that. They would rather believe only what their saviour Vlad says.... :rolleyes:
Civil war? what civil war? You mean the the Russian invasion and terrorism going on in Ukraine? You are people (Putinists) are truly pathetic.......
As I said, I almost never watch RT. As for Russian being banned, it is how you see it.
Supposed you were able to speak English and use it wherever you wanted, but official documents would from now on be only in Chinese.
That would not ban English in any way.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 08:17:11 AM »
No I do not insist it was about the Russian language. But you still insist that Russia instigated the whole thing, which is completely false.

Really?

Some how the CIA can, according to you. But the FSB seems to be in diapers compared to the CIA, right? As if there are no FSB operatives within the Ukrainian government/army, right?

You are absolutely certain of that, right?

Offline Muzh

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 08:19:07 AM »
As I said, I almost never watch RT. As for Russian being banned, it is how you see it.
Supposed you were able to speak English and use it wherever you wanted, but official documents would from now on be only in Chinese.
That would not ban English in any way.

FCUK!! If you live in FCUKING China well, YES, the goddamn documents better be in CHINESE.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 09:02:26 AM »

Really?

Some how the CIA can, according to you. But the FSB seems to be in diapers compared to the CIA, right? As if there are no FSB operatives within the Ukrainian government/army, right?

You are absolutely certain of that, right?

I never accused the CIA.
As for if they can, yes, the CIA, the FSB and European secret services can instigate conflicts if they feel to do so.
However as you know the whole thing began with a protest against not signing a trade agreement with the EU.
So tell me how the FSB would benefit from Ukraine turning away from Russia, unless Putin was tired to pay those billions....

Offline Muzh

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 09:13:37 AM »

So tell me how the FSB would benefit from Ukraine turning away from Russia, unless Putin was tired to pay those billions....

Eggsactly.

Offline CanadaMan

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »

There's a difference between stealing and steering!
Right Victoria?  :)

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 02:26:42 PM »
There's a difference between stealing and steering!
Right Victoria?  :)

No need to own something when you can still control it.

Offline CanadaMan

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 05:39:43 PM »

No need to own something when you can still control it.

Exactly!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 08:36:38 PM »

Agree. Except Poroshenko has only been in office nary 4 months.

FCUK!! If you live in FCUKING China well, YES, the goddamn documents better be in CHINESE.

LMAO!

There are 7 major languages in China plus various dialects. Which one do you have in mind? Putonhua? Mandarin? Cantonese? Sino-Tibetan? Min Nan.....?

Anyway bad example, Muzh. Pick another country. Even in China, regional languages are enforced and practiced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_China

;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:52:02 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 07:12:18 PM »

Russia had their puppet president running Ukraine. That should give EU and America the right to not only have covert operations but invade by your logic. American troops were training in Georgia when Russia invaded and continues to occupy it. America and EU signed Poland and the Baltics to NATO. Does Russia have the right to invade them too. Enough people out there with your logic supporting Putin, he will invade but you will blame America for WW3, right?

While you've started a thread praising Putin, he continues to bad mouth the West and create a new world order teaming up with other countries such as China that want to expand their borders too. Russia is also making deals for more precious metals, metals that could help them build a better military?

http://news.yahoo.com/russias-lavrov-lauds-africa-pillar-world-order-190135282.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 10:15:12 AM »
OSCE DAILY UPDATES:

Some very interesting evolving reports on a specific event...

September 16, 2014:

"The SMM visited Stakhanov (50km west of Luhansk), which is under the control of a Don Cossack commander. The SMM observed that the town had suffered significant damage during the recent fighting. The SMM monitored a gathering of several thousand people in the main square where the commander and his aides referred to themselves as the ‘Cossack government’ and voiced concerns over the “LPR” leadership. They also stated that looters would be shot. The event was monitored by the police and ended peacefully...."

September 17, 2014:

"A high-ranking Ukrainian official from a law enforcement agency, who talked to the SMM in Starobilsk (96km north of Luhansk), claimed, consistent with information also carried by local media, that an independent ‘Republic of Stakhanov’ (60km west of Luhansk) had been proclaimed on 14 September, thus ‘seceding’ from the area claimed by ‘Lugansk People’s Republic’."

September 18, 2014:

The SMM in Luhansk city met the Don Cossack commander from Stakhanov (64 km west of Luhansk), who stated that the declaration of the “independent republic of Stakhanov” (see Daily Report of 17 September) was a lie fabricated by a journalist. He added that as a result of the mass gathering that took place  in the main square of Stakhanov on 14 September, more than 12,000 Cossacks have volunteered to join the forces of the ‘Luhansk People’s Republic’ (‘LPR’)."

:(

This one struck me pretty funny..

September 17, 2014:

"The commander of the checkpoint in Shchastya (23km north of Luhansk) did not report any recent breaches of Minsk Protocol on ‘non-use of weapons’. The local population of the town claimed, however, that intoxicated soldiers of the volunteer Ukrainian battalion ‘Aidar’ were shooting randomly in the nearby power plant nightly."

September 18 2014:

"In Luhansk while patrolling the Ukrainian Army checkpoint at Shchastya (23 km north of Luhansk) the SMM between 11:35 and 14:25 hrs heard intermittent artillery mortar and small arms fire from the direction of the main power plant, north-east of the checkpoint. The power plant was severely damaged leaving the entire northern region of Luhansk without electricity, water and landline communications from around 16.30 hrs onwards. The situation in Luhansk city was calm...."

:P Oooopppsss, LMAO!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »
So "Don Cossacks" (the Don Cossacks were wiped out by the Bolsheviks), who are not nationals of Ukraine, have decided how Ukrainians should live. :-\ :-\ :-\
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 06:27:43 PM »
OSCE DAILY UPDATES:

Some very interesting evolving reports on a specific event...

September 16, 2014:

"The SMM visited Stakhanov (50km west of Luhansk)...

September 17, 2014:

"A high-ranking Ukrainian official from a law enforcement agency...claimed, consistent with information also carried by local media, that an independent ‘Republic of Stakhanov’ (60km west of Luhansk)...

September 18, 2014:

The SMM in Luhansk city met the Don Cossack commander from Stakhanov (64 km west of Luhansk),

I would be really afraid if I lived in Stakhonov - not because of what the "Don Cossacks" or anyone else is doing, but because my city is marching quite quickly towards Kyiv!  :o

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541274
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2186
Most Online Ever: 12701