Forum > Scammers and Suspect Agencies

Is this a scammer?

(1/55) > >>

RussianWomenOnly:
Hello Everyone. 

I am a new comer for RWD and use online international dating in general.  By reading some posts on this great website, I was told to look for love/girlfriend on certain sites and Fdating.com is where I decided to create a profile.  I searched and found about 100 woman that I was interested in.  One in particular actually responded to my texts/messages.  We've met for 10 days now and already, I've chatted with her on Fdating.com, I even video chatted with her on Viber.  She's in Moldova and her viber number starts with +373 which is legitimately Moldova.  She's very beautiful and I've reversed image search some of the photos she send me through viber and nothing comes up.  I even got a starter membership with SocialCatFish.com, I used TINEYE, and nothing comes up. 

The only thing that I am worried about is she said she will only have a time frame of 2 months.  Within that 2 months or whatever, she wants me to visit her.  She keeps telling me I'm handsome and what not and I'm just average looking.  I'm Asian, I'm not rich but I do have a stable job.  She knows all this.  Another red flag that I see is that she will send me short videos like 15 seconds but she never refer or address me by my name.  Today, I asked if I can call/video chat with her, she said sure if she has time.  Today is Saturday so she shouldn't have no work.  She sent me a few pictures.  She said she's in Taxi, she did send me a selfie of her in side a car, the dashboard of what it does looks like a Taxi. She then sent me pictures of her holding hands with her son and her mother as they are on a walk.  The pictures she sent has a clear picture of what she was wearing. I wanted to call her/video chat so I can see her clothes.  However, she refused saying that she doesn't talk on the taxi and that she is spending time with her son and mother.  I can kind of understand that because I'm just a guy she just met 10 days ago online. 

Throughout our conversations, I kept saying we should start with friendship, courtship, then relationship. She was not opened to that as she said she will only give me 2 months and that I have to visit her soon after.  She has not asked for money (Not yet) or saying anything that would say she is in financial need of anything sort. 

What I am afraid of is that who I am talking to is not really her but that if I chat with her, it is her but she might be in collaboration with someone.  When i chat with "her", it's not really her and that when I do video chat with her is her but that she's in collaboration with someone, which is why she refused to video chat with me and that she will not video chat with  me unless her collaborator meets her up and give her the phone to chat with me.  Here's 2 pictures of her, can anyone identify her and let me know if she's a scammer? 

Side Note:  She is very nice and I think she's the one for someone like me.  I just want her to be real like not a scammer, will not leave me as soon she gets a greencard/US citizenship.  Please help me someone. 

krimster2:
WHY would you entrust your future to a woman who WON'T EVEN CHAT with you?
if she's leading you "down the garden path" NOW just starting out
whadda ya think will happen later?

but...
I know, ya want a WHITE CHICK, right?
I feel ya 'bro
felt the same

but if you're planning on hunting in a dangerous jungle, you better learn WTF you're doing
or you'll be paying for her and her kid, for a long, long time
jungle rules
in Soviet Russia women hunt YOU!

if I were you, I'd stop messaging her
and when she asks WHY?
tell her, you'll start again, but ONLY AFER you chat
and say this is, "to be sure she's serious"
if she says NO or makes excuses, then you have your answer, what more do you need to move on
BTW, asian guys would have MUCH better luck with the babes from kazakstan or Uzbeckistan
you WOULDN'T have to have a woman with kids!!
just sayin' holmes...

Part Dva

If you’re gonna try and have a relationship with a Russian woman
you need to understand a few things from a MAN’S perspective

YOU are the captain, and not her
you set the terms of the voyage, and not her

you are offering her and her child a life raft, in an increasingly perilous sea…

don’t underestimate the gift that you can bestow upon them
however humble

you set the terms, scammers, or wimmin suffering from “cognitive dissonance” (can’t make up mind)
will show themselves in one way or another by erecting obstacles to ANY choice except for WHAT THEY WANT!

If they’re one of these types, then doing this will break their grip over you
and let’s face it, Mr Puppy Love
part of the problem IS YOU….

Please google “co-dependency syndrome”
and make yourself face this demon
because the HOPE of realizing your DREAM has blinded you to the REALITY, and you’re like a man clinging to a life raft

learn to swim, brother

Now, the elephant in the room is “race”
due to the hundreds of years of being sold into the Mongol Slave Market at Bachassari, Crimea
Slavs (slaves!) have the same kinda feeling towards asians, as blacks have for whites
there,s even the Soviet equivalent to the US Western movies, made during Stalin’s time
where the blond Russian hero, fights with Fu-Man-Chu to rescue the beautiful slavic girl
these more rascist than any movie I’ve seen in the USA

just sayin

every body wants a ying to their yang
I get it…
but, just understand, in the FSU, being Asian means the wind is blowing against you and not with you, like it would if you were a tall, handsome blue eyed devil with light colored hair

Davo:
⬆️..... This is bad advice for FSU dating in the online era and even more so for the free dating sites, which 95% of male profiles are time wasting keyboard Romeos.

I’ve had a lot of recent experience on fdating..... There are no red flags atm. On face value you’ve met a serious woman, who’s encountered a lot of keyboard romeos, which as I said is typical on fading especially.

First you’re only 10 days in and you’re still in the trust building stage..... She’s done everything she knows she needs to do to show she’s genuine :- Given you her contact details and video chatted.... She would have spent half an hour or more doing her hair, makeup and chose an outfit for your video chat..... I can’t count the woman who have deferred video chatting until she’s “prepared” her self.... This routine might not change until she’s met you in real life.

In my experience early on, women with children will wait until their child is in bed or out of the house so she’s not interrupted during your chat..... Also she won’t want her child seeing her chat with multiple men in their presence, well the respectful, caring mothers at least. 

You might think “Well she could send me a picture in the taxi..... why can’t she video chat?”, like preparing for a video chat she probably took 10 pictures before taking the one she sent and she’s definitely not going to have a private video chat in public this early on and not in the back of a taxi.

She’s not mentioning your name in her short videos, because she’s probably chatting with 10 - 20 other men and sending them the same videos.... When she trusts you and she sees you as a potential partner, they will get more personal.

She can spend years talking to hundreds of keyboard Romeos and never have one visit her,  so of course she’ll try to lock you down to meet in two months time..... She’s working out if you’re just going to waste her valuable time and cull you if you aren’t serious.

You’ve made a fundamental mistake saying you want to be friends first..... It’s a lesson I learnt on my first day on the site when I was told “I’m here to find my 2 half, not to make friends” then I was ghosted.

You can address her 2 month requirement by stating you’re a serious man with serious intentions and once you’ve got to know each other better, you can decide together when the time is right to meet...... Don’t leave it too long though..... On this point, this isn’t a cheap exercise. The best I can make out from listening to others is you’ll need between 20-50k US by the time she is happily settled in your home, not counting weddings etc.... I know some men who have spent over 100k!!.....If you don’t have a good disposable income or savings you’re  willing to dip into, then I wouldn’t waste your time or hers.

Keep doing exactly what you have been.....Your goal now is to build trust, mutual chemistry, and start subtlety flirting in a tasteful manner..... Most importantly make her laugh often!!

RussianWomenOnly:
Both very opposite type of answers.  I wish with all my heart that this girl is real.  We just texted each other for 2 hours later today after I made the post.  She was very responsive but no video call.  It was very late for her.  We started texting about 11:45PM her local time.  I asked her flat out whether she is talking to other men. I don't really care if she is because I think she's very pretty and I'm sure there are a lot of other people she's talking to.  She just seemed very determined to date first before friendship.  She tells me this is Russian culture.  I told her friendship first, strong foundation, and build upon that.  Again, she disagrees. 

Thanks DAVO for telling me about how much it would cost.  Right now, I don't have that type of money saved up.  I am trying though.  I would like to visit her in 5 months time maybe around Christmas/New Year time.  But first I want to make sure she isn't a scammer. 

Anything else I can do that I haven't done to test her? 

Thanks

Davo:
The difference in answers is because I’ve chatted with literally a 100 women on fdating and other sites over the past several years and the other poster hasn’t had any experience online...... In that time I’ve deliberately spent time chatting with 50+ scammers on multiple sites for the learning experience. This woman isn’t showing any scammer red flags atm..... She’s doing everything right so far that I’d expect a genuine woman to do...... You don’t need to do any tests, a scammer always shows their hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version