It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Chicken in Kiev  (Read 37326 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: The Chicken in Kiev
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2019, 01:40:41 AM »

True.  There are plenty of poor people in Kyiv, including poor women.  The fact Trench didn't see them, or chose not to, does not make his generalization accurate.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

There are probably more poor women in the outer suburbs that lack the means or need to go into the city centre of Kiev. Possibly the odd few might be on foreign dating sites. For me though it would have been as bit odd popping out to the outer suburbs to have a scout around for them.

I did notice the odd hottie around Kiev who wasn't wearing a bra, perhaps she lacked the money to afford one :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2019, 01:47:02 AM »
I general though I would not say this trip was a failure, it was never about a full on try and get dates deal. I just wanted to get out there for a few days and really learn about different stuff out there. I think adding what I've learnt to previous stuff I've learned will really help me in improving my success in the future so I'm not down about it at all. I also don't think it's a bad idea what Krimster suggested and am happy that I followed it, it's a different method and just a case of learning another way of doing things. I wouldn't discourage anyone else from giving his methods a go and tailoring it to themselves, I think there could be much merit in them.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2019, 02:23:37 AM »
Trench,
Once again, you are making 'excuses' for serial failures...that others would have learnt from and adapted.

Most of us know your 'plans' are doomed to failure, as soon as you announce the 'latest one'...

When are you going to listen? Perhaps you are doing a thesis on how not to date?

Really mate....give yourself a slap and wise up...

1/ write to ladies and strike up some sort of rapport.

2/ Do not base your search on where they are... Choose to visit the one that you click with.

3/ Take some classes on social skills.

Until you sort out your confidence , misogonyst issues and unreasonable expectations of partners... You will KEEP failing..This is a fact...not nastiness.

Look at how Boethius defended you, before giving up on you as a lost case... 

I STILL wonder if anyone can be as socially inept as you or if you simply gain pleasure from the responses you elicit.

:deadhorse:

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2019, 06:04:32 AM »

So your saying, sitting on a bench "looking English" didn't work to get the girls halt in their step, fall instantly in love and throw their bras and panties at you at first glance?

what a surprise  :rolleyes:

You are joking right? You didn't actually go to Kyiv thinking that would work?
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2019, 07:14:01 AM »

So your saying, sitting on a bench "looking English" didn't work to get the girls halt in their step, fall instantly in love and throw their bras and panties at you at first glance?

what a surprise  :rolleyes:

You are joking right? You didn't actually go to Kyiv thinking that would work?

Who knows until you try? Had it been someone with film star looks sat there or perhaps a book that more grabbed their interest, who knows?

To be honest it wasn't so much about going out there with just one or two other methods to try. It was more about assessing what approaches might viably work for me. The two methods I mentioned I didn't spend a lot of time on I just made a decision on what I saw. So it's not to say it's a method that would not work, it's just  something that may work differently for different people. More time put to it an deployed a little different then who knows.

I did get more in tune with how a guy like me might go about PUA while out there so I've got some material to in with next time. So it's was really more about getting aligned properly for next time more than anything.

Offline Gator

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2019, 08:47:10 AM »
Hi Davo, well I didn't try any PUA, I wasn't intending to. I wanted to try passive methods to see how well they would work out.

FSUW like strong men.  Passive men are not perceived as strong.  One exception - the strong, silent man.  Few men have this.  It requires having a pithy, insightful response for almost any issue. 

When fishing, you cast your fly onto the water  but don't let it  rest.  A fisherman "works" it ever so slightly, and the action attracts a fish to inspect it.  Even if allured by the action, the fish will not strike the fly unless involuntarily compelled.    Also, if no "bites" the fisherman moves to a different spot, and stays hopeful. 

Maximizing Opportunities

Most of the women walking around a city probably already have a boyfriend.  So expect a low percentage of opportunities. Krimster in his escapades parked himself near a university.  He did not sit on a bench but contrived some sort of show.

Why didn't you take advantage of two options to maximize opportunities?

-   Connect beforehand with some Kiev woman on the meeting sites.  You could have combined your fishing adventure with a WMVO opportunity. 

-  Have an agency set you up with a date for $50 or so.   

I recall years ago one pithy explanation why an executive's oil exploration company had more new oil discoveries than his competitors:  "we drill more holes."

Offline Gator

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2019, 08:56:00 AM »

and the only way to deal with that is to compensate with little pieces of paper with portraits of the queen on 'em, lots of em
without that... (shrugs shoulders)
well, glad we had this little talk...

Using my fishing analogy, the green lure will catch many pink snapper, but no keepers

Krimster, you did well in your early escapades.   Times were different, yet I would say your tall height helped.  I say that because I don't recall you having a Hollywood likeness. 

Also as noted in my prior post, you fished in spots with more fish.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2019, 08:58:59 AM »
There are probably more poor women in the outer suburbs that lack the means or need to go into the city centre of Kiev. Possibly the odd few might be on foreign dating sites. For me though it would have been as bit odd popping out to the outer suburbs to have a scout around for them.

Poor people live all over Kyiv, including the centre.  Moreover, public transportation is relatively cheap, so getting around is not difficult.

You would not recognize a "poor" Ukrainian, so your analysis if flawed, which I have come to expect.

Krimster used his techniques in the 1990's, when there were far fewer Westerners in Ukraine, when Ukrainians weren't as wary of foreigners, and when economic times were far worse than now. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 09:02:33 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gator

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2019, 09:09:24 AM »

My 'history'  with Trench is mostly frustration at such inane 'advice / conclusiins'..simples..

Until Trench admits he is the problem and sorts out his misogynistic traits, he is wasting his time and  mostly exposing Bollox.

I have not followed Trench's efforts closely.  Yet, it is not difficult to sense his lack of success. 

I see boatloads of justified criticisms, yet frequently you and others are too harsh IMO.   In this thread his introspection has improved and I disliked the kneejerk criticism.    Just my opinion.  Each of us is different, and I don't claim to be the Pope.  Not even a Bishop.....maybe a horny Priest (who does not molest boys). 

Also, I don't see Trench as worthless.   Obstinate?  Yes. 

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2019, 09:11:08 AM »
"I don't recall you having a Hollywood likeness.  "

not really needed, not what most women there are looking for
but I've been called nice and interesting looking by Russian women
and that's all you really need...
tallness definitely a big plus and being light hair/blue eyes
plus several years of free weights and nautilus gave me very good muscle tone
killer combo for me!!!!
when I was age 40 in Kyiv and went into a room full of women, they all stopped talking to each other and were checking me out
I almost never received that kind of intense scrutiny by women in the USA, the exception being Jewish girls in Manhattan
too bad I hate Manhattan

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2019, 09:21:17 AM »
Who knows until you try? Had it been someone with film star looks sat there or perhaps a book that more grabbed their interest, who knows?

To be honest it wasn't so much about going out there with just one or two other methods to try. It was more about assessing what approaches might viably work for me. The two methods I mentioned I didn't spend a lot of time on I just made a decision on what I saw. So it's not to say it's a method that would not work, it's just  something that may work differently for different people. More time put to it an deployed a little different then who knows.

I did get more in tune with how a guy like me might go about PUA while out there so I've got some material to in with next time. So it's was really more about getting aligned properly for next time more than anything.
The answer to your simple question, anyone with half a brain know this already.
and no, not even with "film star look" anyone would be able to pull that of, again I would say that is your misogynist view on women - especially FSU women - that shows it's ugly face, if you really thought that would get you anything at all.

Your not a Martian who's landed on Venus, you're a white dude in a white country. OHH how exotic..  :rolleyes:
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Gator

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2019, 09:28:54 AM »
Trench,

Final thought.  No  offense intended.... you are an oddball

Good news!!!!! There are oddballs among the multitudes of FSUW.  Via the meeting sites,  I communicated with a few who many wold find as geeky. 

One remarkable oddball was an IT professor in a prominent university.  Not a beauty yet attractive enough and slender.  Extremely intelligent.  We communicated on  Skype, and it took a long time for her to lower her defensive walls.  Once that happened, she was incredible.   She was lonely and had trouble finding an interesting man who was not already attached.  Our discussion topics were weird, especially sex.    On Skype, she performed sex acts for me  (yes, I am a student of cheap thrills).  Some acts I did not ask for (hint:  she had a dog).  Our timing never allowed a meeting.   

My advice, tighten your screening filters and look on the dating sites for the oddball.  Reveal your true self, not an act.  Most will run away from you.  Some may be interested.   

Don't give up, but do examine all the advice you receive here.  There is some truth in ever  harsh statement. 

Online krimster2

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2019, 09:35:21 AM »
no, it’s NOT a difference of TIME...
it’s a difference of method
and it’s the difference between a cleaning lady washing the floor
and Michelangelo painting a picture

if a pretty UA girl sits in one spot for more than 3 minutes she’ll get “hit on” aggressively by some Ukrainian guy
I used to watch this happen in public all the time
if you employ this technique, keep in mind that it has a pretty high failure rate, and it categorizes you as being just like the aggressive Ukrainian guys
sure if you do it 100 times, you’ll probably get lucky at least once, I’ve seen that happen to!!!

but instead of this
I used “reality disruption”

every day beautiful UA women walk to the bus stop and take the bus to work
day after boring day
then one day, an attractive foreigner was there painting a picture
overcome by intense curiosity a beautiful woman walked by to examine the painting
she ended up spending the weekend in my apartment
she was FAR more beautiful than my meager portrait could show

once you “disrupt reality” their behavior completely changes
it’s like a switch gets flipped in their brain
THEY will come to you
I had women I met this way want to hang out with me all day and some were even hugging me
which is NOT normal behavior for UA wimmin with a stranger they just met

I used reality disruption on UA wimmin, it is brutally effective
and painting one was just one of many techniques

as a result of my efforts
I have seen more young naked Ukrainian wimmin
than the rest of this board put together

Offline Gator

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2019, 09:38:00 AM »

I almost never received that kind of intense scrutiny by women in the USA, the exception being Jewish girls in Manhattan
too bad I hate Manhattan

WASP girls too prudish I guess. 

I was reared among WASP women.  Not until I went to graduate school did I meet Jewish girls.  Bright, different, fun,   yet too demanding for the egotistic male soul  of my youth.  They insisted on coming first. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2019, 09:46:27 AM »

if a pretty UA girl sits in one spot for more than 3 minutes she’ll get “hit on” aggressively by some Ukrainian guy
I used to watch this happen in public all the time
if you employ this technique, keep in mind that it has a pretty high failure rate, and it categorizes you as being just like the aggressive Ukrainian guys
sure if you do it 100 times, you’ll probably get lucky at least once, I’ve seen that happen to!!!

I got the impression that Trench did not "hit on" the women, or did it awkwardly. 

but instead of this I used “reality disruption”

I said you "contrived" an interesting scene.  "Disrupting their reality" is a far better phrase.  Kudos to you. 

as a result of my efforts
I have seen more young naked Ukrainian wimmin
than the rest of this board put together

Beautiful!!!!!!   

Albert had his share of not so young women, and he still walks he hall under different pseudonyms.  Ranger wrote about quite a few in a short period.

Regarding the artwork, you do have some skill.  Good that you had a different occupation.   
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 09:48:24 AM by Gator »

Online krimster2

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2019, 10:49:50 AM »
"I said you "contrived" an interesting scene.  "Disrupting their reality" is a far better phrase.  Kudos to you.  "

'spossiba!
but this is how you do it!!!!!
contriving "the interesting scene" disrupting reality
anything to breakout of the "boring jerk hitting on a pretty girl" routine (which it is)

because I had the money to spend
I found the best way to disrupt their reality was to get them to come to work for me and pay them a salary
and do this with an increasing level of physical intimacy

it's not hard to make money in Ukraine, especially when an administrative assistant salary is only $1,000/month

Offline Gator

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2019, 11:32:12 AM »

I found the best way to disrupt their reality was to get them to come to work for me and pay them a salary
and do this with an increasing level of physical intimacy

The Ukraine Me Too movement is adding you to their list. 

Online krimster2

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2019, 11:34:47 AM »
money (clothes,travel) talks
#MeTo walks

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2019, 12:48:55 PM »
I did also see a lot of Ukrainians women with bags with the US flag on it and one girl with a black bag with London written on it. So English culture seems to have a lot of admiration over there, but I'm not so sure it's meeting foreigners but perhaps more wanting to go to US/UK perhaps.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2019, 01:03:23 PM »
FSUW like strong men.  Passive men are not perceived as strong.  One exception - the strong, silent man.  Few men have this.  It requires having a pithy, insightful response for almost any issue. 

Have you any examples of these types of men?

Well on the he rest I could have called up girls of sites or gone to an agency, but it wasn't really the purpose of the visit. This time around I just wanted to assess the possibility of different methods. I'll get onto the dating more on my next visit. I was only there for three days so it was just a short expedition really.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2019, 01:05:00 PM »
Krim, just seen the pic of your work, your pretty talented, hate to think what my effort would come out like, lol.

Offline Gator

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2019, 01:56:16 PM »
Have you any examples of these types of men?

Rare.  Most people talk too much, or not serious, or not insightful, or have a record of mistakes, or show no street smarts,  .....

In your social circles when deciding what to do (which restaurant tonight?) do your friends look to you to crystallize the best choice?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2019, 02:36:28 AM »

Rare.  Most people talk too much, or not serious, or not insightful, or have a record of mistakes, or show no street smarts,  .....

In your social circles when deciding what to do (which restaurant tonight?) do your friends look to you to crystallize the best choice?

Ah think I know what you mean. I know of a guy that could fit with what you say.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2019, 03:07:59 AM »
Anyway on with my trip report. I recall while I was bringing up the subject of this trip the choice of where to stay came up and several suggestions were made. In the end I was happy to go with my original choice which was the Royal Grand Hotel. It was handy for me in just being around the corner from Shevchenko Park. It's a classical style hotel inside and out and caters for English people. Handily just over the road on the street corner is a nice quaint style MacDonald's where most of the staff speak English also. I think it was about the only McDonald's in Kiev city centre that wasn't jam packed at the counter during the day. I think this is due to its round the back location. It does of course get s bit busy after 10am ish but get there before then and it's normally fairly nice & quiet.

So yes the hotel was a small to medium size hotel, just a reception desk as you walk in and normally only one member of staff. It seems a laid back affair which is why I went for it so no bell boys or doormen. If you were to being a lady back I get the impression you would be allowed to get on with it so long as you drew no undue attention to yourself. The reception staff alternated in shift patterns and they all seemed easy going, polite/friendly and laid back enough. The décor inside the hotel was quite fancy and classy looking. The rooms too, obviously not the most luxurious around and not recently decorated but nice enough. I managed to get a room with a double bed of eboojers for just under £30 a night so a nice cheap place to stay.

The Ibis hotel near the station that someone recommended, think it was LA man. Well that would have only been convenient for PUA stuff around the station and arrival & departure. Beyond that the area around the station was not all that nice, busy with people and not pleasant surroundings. It would also mean a tube journey to go anywhere in central Kiev as otherwise a steep hill & walk which in 24-27 degree heat would not not be a good look. The Ibis was also the opposite side to the grand rail station entrance and the metro so not the best side to be.

The Salute hotel was also mentioned. That is a little more money not a lot though. It's fine for being near Marinsky Park and the other monuments nearby. It's a funky looking deconstructivist hotel which I get the impression is favoured by Americans. Probably nice enough to stay in but starting to look its age I think. It's also a bit out the way from a lot of stuff in Kiev. It has the metro a little walk away, the Arsenala. The area itself apart from the park I don't think held much go in terms of picking up a girl, there's not really much going on around there, a lot of mundane street, etc. The park you tended to get young couples at night so not the best place, daytime might be better but the President's Inauguration messed up any go in that one.

So all in all I was happy of my choice of hotel, it wasn't as grand as Hotel Ukraine but it was more down to earth and friendly. The views weren't as good either but I was not too bothered about that this time. I got a room at the back away from the busy road at the front.

I think the choice of hotel or apartment would much cone down to what you have planned in Kiev so a case of just going for the most convenient one for that really.

Offline msmob

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2019, 10:02:54 PM »
Most guys would have arranged to meet at least one lady who would influence suchbdecions, Trench ....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1960
Total: 1969

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM